• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which dps class would you guys recommend for just 2s and bgs? I don't know if I'd be playing double dps or with a healer. From what I'm seeing its between mage or warrior probably.

Enosh

heh elv ui made me laugh, a while ago they posted these patch notes:
Apply a hackish workaround for Blizzard's genius idea to block addons from destroying totems.
then some people on the forum complained that they aren't using the addon anymore because he is using hacks and don't want to get banned :D

now the last patch notes read:
"Hackish Workaround" is simply a term used to describe a situation where the fix is not optimal. ElvUI will not be renamed to Skynet on 12/21/2012 and become self aware, thus destroying the world in the process. Thank You.

Berordn

Did they ever update the other character models?

It's still on the to-do list, but Blizzard's mentioned more than a few times that they're actively working on them. The way they're talking about 5.2 though, it seems like it's going to be a pretty hefty and content-heavy patch that they're going to need to make a fair few assets for, so it probably wouldn't be until after that.

Or they could surprise us all and bundle it with that
alongside the Incubus that I've apparently been waiting for since 2011
, but that's still at least 4 months off.

Neki

Someone shoot me down on this.. was discussing PvP vs PvE with a work buddy and how one is always effecting the other.

You think it is technically possible to do the following, or would it be way too much work.

Spec Changes

Add a 3rd spec that is a PVP spec only. Make it so that PVP gear does not work unless you are IN this spec and if you PVP in a different one, you are significantly crippled.

This "spec" would also have PVP themed talents.

Gear Changes

Give people starter PVP gear like we get starter PVE gear so they can jump right in at X level. Have PVP based bonuses linked to the spec so that x number of pvp gear slots filled = plus resil/pvp power, all slots pvp gear = more. Also adding bonuses for better PVP iLvl gear as well.

Have PVP based Glyph choices that only are available in the PVP spec.

Spells/Abilities

This is where we stopped arguing about it because my friend thought it was a silly discussion lol.

Spells/abilities would be the hardest part to fiddle with. It would not make sense to change or add spells/abilities for the PVP spec, but the spell/ability could be based off of checks against spec, gear, etc.

Anyway you get the idea.

FYI, he plays a Druid main and a Warlock alt. I play Mage main, rogue alt. If that matters ;P

1) People like having two pvp specs, why limit this? Unless you mean a specialization, while even then, how is this different from our current system? I also like doing dailies in my pvp gear
2) If everyone gets starter pvp gear, how is that different from now? Everyone is on the same level when you start, and if you need starter pvp gear, craft it.
3) Making things complicated

Westlo

It's still on the to-do list, but Blizzard's mentioned more than a few times that they're actively working on them. The way they're talking about 5.2 though, it seems like it's going to be a pretty hefty and content-heavy patch that they're going to need to make a fair few assets for, so it probably wouldn't be until after that.

Or they could surprise us all and bundle it with that
alongside the Incubus that I've apparently been waiting for since 2011
, but that's still at least 4 months off.

Eh no way models come with 5.2, way too soon... I'm sure if they ever included them in a patch Blizzard would want them deep into the expansion... new models could bring a lot of people back... even if only for a month lol.

Finaika

Eh no way models come with 5.2, way too soon... I'm sure if they ever included them in a patch Blizzard would want them deep into the expansion... new models could bring a lot of people back... even if only for a month lol.

I'm just hoping it would be done in this expansion.

It is, isn't it?

Berordn

Yeah, it's an incredible long shot.

I'm just hoping it would be done in this expansion.

It is, isn't it?

The way they're talking about it lately, it seems like it might be, though it wouldn't be the first time something got pushed off until the next expansion... and then promptly forgotten.

Westlo

If it gets done in this expansion it will come in probably the Org raid patch, like transmog did for the DS patch imo.

Rokam

I think we could possibly see Dwarves and possibly Trolls or something to test out the waters in the last patch. With Humans/Orcs next if they decide to stagger the release of them.

Westlo

This time instead of one nice looking troll female face used by 99.9% of female troll players there will only be one hideous troll female face.

Fuck no, they are too busy making dailies.

What if they gated the new models behind months of dailies? Blizzard please hire me now!

Rokam

Revered with Dominance Offensive, time for some of that double reputation! Today's story quest was quite quick, hopefully get some longer ones coming up.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Revered with Dominance Offensive, time for some of that double reputation! Today's story quest was quite quick, hopefully get some longer ones coming up.
Just did this. I love these story quests. Epic

edit: Fuck, you were right :( It was so short!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How can you guys already be revered with them? I'm sure i did every dailies since day 1 and im just 6450/12000 honored with the Alliance faction. I still havent done todays dailies, but still...

ZenaxPure

How can you guys already be revered with them? I'm sure i did every dailies since day 1 and im just 6450/12000 honored with the Alliance faction. I still havent done todays dailies, but still...

Have you been doing the one where you kill the caged animal or whatever?

Are monk healers bad now? Should I bother even rolling one? xD

Monk healing is the worst currently. Most mana issues, less throughput, and the worst in PVP.

They will be getting buffed again. The problem with the monk class is they change your play style ever month. Last month we healed mostly through fistweaving (melee, chi heals) now we are (channeled health and uplift healers). Leveling is atrocious as mist. Monk healers are the only ones going oom while leveling. They were balanced around one ability for throughput and one ability for mana regen monks don't have until mid 60s. All the abilities monks do have have been increased by 35% or more over two patches. When people see a mist weav,er I've seen them complain and try to vote kick them ass soon as possible in the 50 bracket.

Wait and see what the next patch does. Still level as a tank or dps for now, if you decide on the monk. They make fun tanks (also the worst currently, but close enough that it's not a big deal).

Now I'm not trying to diss monk healing. Fistweaving is a lot of fun! It's just not viable. I love fistweaving, and if becomes viable again, I will switch back in a heartbeat.

ZenaxPure

Never saw such a quest. Is it the kind of daily that you have to know it exist rather than simply looking for a blue ! in a daily quests hub?

Yeah, I haven't done one myself yet out of sheer laziness but basically from what I've heard you spend commissions on a trap from the vendor, trap gives you a pretty terrible quest apparently, after that you can fight some animal for a daily that gives extra rep. I think there is some more to it than that but like I said, haven't messed with it myself.

Sarcasm

Yeah, I haven't done one myself yet out of sheer laziness but basically from what I've heard you spend commissions on a trap from the vendor, trap gives you a pretty terrible quest apparently, after that you can fight some animal for a daily that gives extra rep. I think there is some more to it than that but like I said, haven't messed with it myself.

The trap quest trick is only one person needs to do the quest you can just jump in and attack the final boss at the pit and get credit.

Its what I do lol

It is about 3 feet outside of the main daily hub town for the horde there. It is a literal pit in the ground with a tauren dude hanging out in it.

Thanks I tried it and it worked! I feel dumb missing out on it all this time now but I didn't know you could cheese it like that.

Sarcasm

Thanks I tried it and it worked! I feel dumb missing out on it all this time now but I didn't know you could cheese it like that.

Not really cheese since you get VP from the quest item to be able to summon, dunno if you get rep too..but I know for sure you get VP.

Bisnic

Wow this trapping quest sucks. I have to get 25 Yak meat and its not even 100% guaranteed drop?

Bisnic

So i completed the crab quest, and i dont get to fight it? The npc says he'll open the cage when i tell him i'm ready, but there is no option for that.

Bisnic

Talk to NPC again? Also you can only do one trap quest per day.

That's what i did. Completed the crab quest, brought it to the npc... and that's it. Nothing is happening, beast isnt coming out of his cage and the NPC don't have an option to open it.

Anyway, 12000K+ HP seems a lot to solo.

Sarcasm

That's what i did. Completed the crab quest, brought it to the npc... and that's it. Nothing is happening, beast isnt coming out of his cage and the NPC don't have an option to open it.

Anyway, 12000K+ HP seems a lot to solo.

So you went to mid map and captured a crab right?

Kenai

Are monk healers bad now? Should I bother even rolling one? xD

They are bad, but not bad enough so you can't do anything on one. The class is in rollercoaster mode while Blizzard figures out what they want to do with it.

I am not gonna lie, it's not nearly as fun as it was a few weeks ago, because they made everything much more expensive to use, to the point where you will be just sitting there (or autoattacking) the majority of the time, unless you overgear the content. The HPS nerf didn't bother me so much, those are up in the air literally from patch to patch, but I want to make my class not feel like a chore to be on, and Blizzard did a pitiful job this time around. We are relying on non-Chi building moves for healing (Chi Torpedo and Healing Sphere) a lot of the time because everything else is so expensive or ineffective, and it does feel dysfunctional like that.

But, we already know the are going to be buffed, maybe even before 5.2, and I can't see rerolling if you do like the class. Regearing a second toon on a whim like that takes too long for me to want to bother, even if it's already 90, unless I was gonna do it anyway. It's still fun, even like this. Then again, I don't really care about HM content atm, school's been getting in the way the last few months. If you do, it might feel worse.

Enosh

yeah enchants in MoP are dirt cheap, probably the cheapest they have ever been in wow, except for the 10 sha crystal weapon enchants, really no reason to not be fully enchanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom