• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

yeah enchants in MoP are dirt cheap, probably the cheapest they have ever been in wow, except for the 10 sha crystal weapon enchants, really no reason to not be fully enchanted

It's the whole conversion thing that has made them cheap and affordable

Berordn

It's the whole conversion thing that has made them cheap and affordable

Entry level raiding is a lot more accessible than it was in Cataclysm too, thanks to the easier heroics, so there's more disenchanted raid gear to go around.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Sigil of Power: 9
Sigil of Wisdom: 10

I've done the Raid Finder version of Mogu'Shan Vaults and Terrace of Endless Spring this week already, so if I want that remaining sigil I've gotta find a pug. And that isn't the easiest thing on my server. Ah well, I'm soon finished with Wrathion's quest anyway.

Rokam

What enchants should I get?

Shoulders - Greater Tiger Claw Inscription
Back - Superior Critical Strike
Chest - Glorious Stats
Wrists - Greater Agility
Hands - Super Mastery/Expertise (whichever you need)
Legs - Primal Leg Reinforcements
Feet - Blurred Speed
Weapon - WindSong/Dancing Steel

Use Windsong till you get an epic weapon, or a sha touched weapon. May want to browse the EJ thread as stat values and such change depending on what talents you pick.

Ultratech

Welp, got my revenge for missing out on the Alliance Rares the other day.

They all happened to be up all at the same time, so I managed to kill them all. (Slowly, since stupid peons kept showing up.)

Picked up a nice bit of Black Price rep, 750 Honor, lots of Herbs/Money (in the goodie bags) and two of the Epic PvP trinkets they drop (which sadly only work in Pandaria).

Tarazet

Thanks! What DPS should I be hitting?

Depends on the fight, of course. When I was specifically enchanting for Feral, 60K+ wasn't unusual if I just parked myself behind Gara'jal and tunnel visioned, Patchwerk style. I saw in your talents that you're taking Incarnation and Nature's Vigil. Since you're a Troll, that means you have 4 different cooldowns on a 3-minute timer, and they play nicely with one another, so you can macro them all to the same button.

Rokam

Can't bring myself to level an alt, Shaman and DK are too much fun and leveling for the billionth time is mind-numbing. Want to buy free level 85's.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Can't bring myself to level an alt, Shaman and DK are too much fun and leveling for the billionth time is mind-numbing. Want to buy free level 85's.

I hated on someone who posted a screenshot of the Zygor guide addon one time.

I now feel 100% terrible about it, it's really an amazing addon. I just leveled an alt from 1-90, without heirlooms, in like 4-4/12 days /played.

It's not so much about the showing you where to go (although being able to have the most efficient grouping of quests for max xp/hr is also good) it's more about the way it accepts/completes quests. It looks at your current spec and can tell if something has a reward for you, if it doesn't then it just picks the item with the highest vendor value so you can make the most gold. It also has an arrow so you can just follow it and mindlessly play while you level up. I watched a bunch of TV while I did it.

It's really awesome, you gotta figure between 1-90 you spend a big chunk just looking at quest accept/complete screen.

Don't fucking buy it though, it's like 30 dollars and it's not worth THAT much.

Rokam

Eh I know all the most efficient paths, and have leveled enough to know what quests give rewards. But the fact that I've done it that many times just takes any fun out of it. I actually don't mind 1-60, everything else blows.

strafer

I'm in the same boat, like last night I said to myself, hey I'm going to level a Shaman, nope.

Made it to level 25 then logged out.

Don't get me wrong here, the remade zones are fantastic and I like leveling, but now I can't bring myself too it.

Rokam

In the span of 2 weeks I've gotten a warrior, monk, priest, and paladin to 64ish. The priest and pally are fun to play but ugh. The only reason I want another character is because in a week or 2 I'll be completely done with LFR, need something new to do!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Eh I know all the most efficient paths, and have leveled enough to know what quests give rewards. But the fact that I've done it that many times just takes any fun out of it. I actually don't mind 1-60, everything else blows.

You click the guy and it accepts/completes in like 2 seconds, you shave off a few seconds here and there and it adds up.

I thought I knew efficient stuff too, for the most part nothing surprised me, but it was still helpful.

The biggest part, and it's hard to put into words, is how really really simple it made it. Like all I had to even remotely pay attention to was killing mobs and clicking items. If you can watch TV or something while you play, this makes it so easy you barely have to look at the screen.

Rokam

The mod I need is that old Bejeweled mod! I remember playing that and there was a poker mod back during Molten Core.

strafer

Blizzard Art is best Art.

tcg-series5-057-full.jpg

tcg-series5-058-full.jpg

tcg-series5-060-full.jpg

tcg-series5-054-full.jpg

Sarcasm

In the span of 2 weeks I've gotten a warrior, monk, priest, and paladin to 64ish. The priest and pally are fun to play but ugh. The only reason I want another character is because in a week or 2 I'll be completely done with LFR, need something new to do!

You can play less. Play your backlog. Play Planetside 2 =p

Rokam

Well you see my computer can barely run WoW... so yeah lol. Would if I could. Not even bored of the game, just sick of leveling, if assholes who quit the game can get a free 80... I should get one too for subscribing for a year! Take back diablo 3, I beg you!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Really enjoyed todays story.

That's my solution, lol. I try to log in every day and to do farming, fishing, and knock out some questing. If I have more time, I try to do more. I have an amazing console backlog that I'm constantly working on too. Sometimes WoW gets the vast majority of my free time and other times I switch to console gaming. The variety also spices things up considerably. I don't get burnt out on any one genre or game.

I still have tons and tons of stuff to do in WoW on my main character and I look forward to every time I can log in. Moderation in all things!

Redeemed a shit ton of power up points from gamestop that I didn't know I had and used them to get a wow 60 day time card. Yay! Add me please my BT is plbelanger#1923

Robin64

Guess who still hasn't had any loot at all from LFR/Sha after all this time? And guess who spent a token every single time?

strafer

It's pretty neat that the mount drops from both Normal and Heroic Slabhide, that means:

Kill
Portal out and reset
rinse and repeat

Thank you based mount god.

Guess who still hasn't had any loot at all from LFR/Sha after all this time? And guess who spent a token every single time?

Hm, you're not exactly psyching me up to try LFR. Hit ilvl 463+ and have been running heroics and scenarios during the last few faction exalted dailies, and getting ready to start LFR. At least I have an assload of tokens saved up...

Rokam

Hm, you're not exactly psyching me up to try LFR. Hit ilvl 463+ and have been running heroics and scenarios during the last few faction exalted dailies, and getting ready to start LFR. At least I have an assload of tokens saved up...

On the flipside I only do LFR, my DK only needs weapon/tier gloves, and my shaman needs like 2-3 pieces as well. I'd say Robin is just mega unlucky.

Robin64

The worst part is, a guildie that just today hit 90 decided to do some stuff and already got gear. Salt -> wound.

Rokam

The worst part is, a guildie that just today hit 90 decided to do some stuff and already got gear. Salt -> wound.

:( I think my DK is about average as far as what LFR should be. My shaman is the opposite of you, gear everywhere. I have vendored so much shit.

Really enjoyed todays story.

I really do hope they continue with this type of daily hub, especially like having to travel all around, meet with various faction leaders and such. Makes me feel like my character is actually being recognized for shit he's done.

Reprise

Neo Member
Given that I've spent most of the time levelling my monk, hunter and warrior to 85 since the release I'm not going to miss out on the storyline when I finally make it to 90?

Rokam

Given that I've spent most of the time levelling my monk, hunter and warrior to 85 since the release I'm not going to miss out on the storyline when I finally make it to 90?

Nope you get a piece of the story every 2-3 days while working on the rep, so you'll be fine!

Ultratech

Welp, I feel bad now.

Spent Valor on some Pants for my Hunter the other day since I didn't think I'd be getting an upgrade, and then I did Sha today, did a bonus roll and won Tier pants.

:|

Got my 2pc Bonus at least, but all that Valor... :(

Neki

Welp, I feel bad now.

Spent Valor on some Pants for my Hunter the other day since I didn't think I'd be getting an upgrade, and then I did Sha today, did a bonus roll and won Tier pants.

:|

Got my 2pc Bonus at least, but all that Valor... :(

Better than going 5 weeks without getting them.

Ultratech

Did today's story for Dominance Offensive.

Shit's getting interesting now...

Neat to see Thrall again. Wonder what's gonna happen now though...

Got Honored after all of that stuff!

Better than going 5 weeks without getting them.

Well, I got 'em since:

1. Hadn't got an upgrade anywhere else (had 463 pants), so I figured it'd be an excellent upgrade.
2. It's better than LFR stuff and on par with normal Raid drops.
3. Didn't think I'd get anything better for a long time.
4. Not enough rep with other factions to purchase their gear yet (I've been lazy).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there some kind of summary somewhere of the Horde side for 5.1 with Thrall and everything? I've only been doing the Alliance quests so far.

Rokam

Is there some kind of summary somewhere of the Horde side for 5.1 with Thrall and everything? I've only been doing the Alliance quests so far.

Can probably find videos but I'll do a description of some of the shit up to where I'm at:

-Horde Scenario: Vol'jin gets stabbed by a Kor'kron (Orcish Elite Guard) under orders from Garrosh. Vol'jin tells us to leave him and return to Garrosh with news of Vol'jin's death.
-First quest we learn of the existence of the Divine Bell, believe this is the same for Allies.
-Next we get an urgent message from Chen to come meet with him, he's taking care of Vol'jin and after we help him to recover we are given a special hearthstone and told to go meet with Thrall.
-Thrall is training new shamans in the Orc starting area (with a little baby Thrall in a cradle). We go with him to check on the trolls and find the Kor'Kron guard have declared martial law and taken over the Echo Isles. Together with Thrall you pound the shit out of them and Thrall states that he'll remain on the island till Vol'jin is at full strength and protect the Trolls at all costs.
-Next couple parts revolve around the Blood Elves, digging up various shit, and the Blood Elves get a harsh lesson from Garrosh as he sends them to look for various shit to point towards where the Divine Bell is and are ambushed by the Mogu. Quite a few are killed and Garrosh knew that the Mogu were there.
-We eventually meet up with Lor'themar (current leader of the Blood Elves) and help him to capture a Mogu to interrogate.
-Meet up with Baine at the Shrine of Two Moons find a bunch of orcs that have been touched by the Sha, so you beat the crap out of them and introduced to a new character some Orc Blademaster can't remember his name
-Next quest we get called to Silvermoon as Lor'themar needs our help in investigating a mogu artifact since we have dealt with them before. A sha gets released and we have to kill it while Blood Elves are beating the shit out of each other.
-After that Lor'themar pulls you aside, tells you Garrosh is a dick and is acting like Kael'thas and that the Blood Elves may have to revisit old Alliances if Garrosh continues down this path

That's all the important shit so far.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
There seems to be alot of interesting stuff from the Horde side compared to Alliance(so far anyway). All i can remember is going into the new brawler spot under the Deeprun Tram to recruit an old dwarf agent, meeting Jaina in Dalaran to ask her kick the blood elves out and join the Alliance(which she refuses), and spying on Garrosh's forces in Kun-Lai to learn what he's doing. And that scenario where Varian proves to Tyrande that he's the right leader for the Alliance by not charging mindlessly into the Horde forces and build defenses instead.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Got revered with the new rep today, double EXP is going to be awesome. Now I'm kicking myself for not getting those 2 extra dailies the other week.

Clipse

The fuck? Got a battletag invite for an openraid event and the accept button doesn't work... this game is getting on my last nerve.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The fuck? Got a battletag invite for an openraid event and the accept button doesn't work... this game is getting on my last nerve.

Reload ui didn't work? That usually fixes buttons not working.

Welp, did Terrace LFR for the first time and got helm and shoulder tokens without bonus rolls. Is it considered good?

Getting even one thing is extremely lucky.

Berordn

There seems to be alot of interesting stuff from the Horde side compared to Alliance(so far anyway). All i can remember is going into the new brawler spot under the Deeprun Tram to recruit an old dwarf agent, meeting Jaina in Dalaran to ask her kick the blood elves out and join the Alliance(which she refuses), and spying on Garrosh's forces in Kun-Lai to learn what he's doing. And that scenario where Varian proves to Tyrande that he's the right leader for the Alliance by not charging mindlessly into the Horde forces and build defenses instead.

From what I know of the stuff leading up to the conclusion (which is admittedly not much), it picks up toward the end when Garrosh's plan collapses around him due to faltering support from the Reliquary and Brann's investigations into the matter.

The Horde faction has a lot more interesting and lore important characters, but I guess that's a given when we have to chalk up Vol'jin as big hero man so he can be Warchief next.

Rokam

So was playin and kept hearing 4 quick chirps. Thought something in my house was beeping like crazy. Was really starting to piss me off because I couldn't find whatever it was.... god damn bird on the wandering isle.

Brofist

Welp, did Terrace LFR for the first time and got helm and shoulder tokens without bonus rolls. Is it considered good?

Yeah I would say so, considering I haven't gotten jack with bonus rolls.

I think I blew my RNG luck load when the epic dagger (Tolakesh, Horn of the Black Ox) dropped for me from the heroic in like the second week of the xp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom