• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

So, Blackrock Spire, thank you Blizz for putting a map in there, the place was a nightmare to navigate.

Still one of my all time favorite dungeons.

I hope they DO NOT revamp it.

lordmrw

Started leveling my 75 warrior again so I'll have a max level enchanter and I'm come to realize I can't stand seeing Rising Spin Kick anymore. Was in a group with 3 monks, 1 healer, 1 tank, 1 dps in Culling of Stratholme and it was a non stop procession of that shit for the entire run.

So was playin and kept hearing 4 quick chirps. Thought something in my house was beeping like crazy. Was really starting to piss me off because I couldn't find whatever it was.... god damn bird on the wandering isle.

hahaha this is awesome. I've been there too man.

aristotle

Got invited to trial test the MoP lately. This has drug me back in. Although I can't actually level up anymore. Guess I have to wait until I have the full version. That'll be friday at least so there's that. I wish it told you that you couldn't level up past 12,999,999 xp though when you take the offer to play the new XP.

I was using a MM hunter but have found out that it now sucks DPS wise. Oh well. Guess I'll finally try SV.

ZenaxPure

I finally got a brawler's guild invite today (got lucky and got it from one of the rare spawns). I assume the ones from the BMAH work the same way but I was very pleasantly surprised to see that it applies to every character on your account which is super exciting to me anyway as someone who has a lot of alts. Made it to rank 5 on rogue then rank 3 on my priest before I decided to take a break.

Either way it has been everything I was hoping for and more, really really love it.

Emitan

For some reason I could never get into WoW before but my Pandaren Monk is fun to play and she's super cute :3

Only level 13 though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Got invited to trial test the MoP lately. This has drug me back in. Although I can't actually level up anymore. Guess I have to wait until I have the full version. That'll be friday at least so there's that. I wish it told you that you couldn't level up past 12,999,999 xp though when you take the offer to play the new XP.

I was using a MM hunter but have found out that it now sucks DPS wise. Oh well. Guess I'll finally try SV.

I'm not sure whether this was an intentional pun or not but its awesome

For some reason I could never get into WoW before but my Pandaren Monk is fun to play and she's super cute :3

Only level 13 though.

Content between 20-70 will b
ore
you.

Not afraid?

*Yoda voice* You will be

I dunno, I'm too enamored with the MoP content atm to think clearly. I'm sure I'll be sick of it by the time I level 2 more alts. Also, duoing/soloing old raids for transmog gear has become my new thing.

strafer

Content between 20-70 will b
ore
you.

Not afraid?

*Yoda voice* You will be

I dunno, I'm too enamored with the MoP content atm to think clearly. I'm sure I'll be sick of it by the time I level 2 more alts. Also, duoing/soloing old raids for transmog gear has become my new thing.

What are you talking about? The revamped zones are fantastic.

Tarazet

Guess who still hasn't had any loot at all from LFR/Sha after all this time? And guess who spent a token every single time?

At this point, you might as well start running normals. Heroic gear plus a couple of valor pieces is enough to do the fights in MSV, and the drops are vastly better.

I'm still doing LFR, but no more coins. The upgrades are marginal at best compared to what you get in normal raids, and the experience is so much better. Spent about an hour with a pug on Feng last night, got to 22% on the best attempt, and still thoroughly enjoyed it. Our server is godawful too.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What are you talking about? The revamped zones are fantastic.

Yeah, the only boring part is probably going to be 60-68 since its 5 years old content that have never been revamped to current days WoW, and that goes pretty fast.

Whatever you guys say. Outside of the starter zones, things weren't nearly different enough for me to not get tired of them again. And I've already stated how I feel about 58-68, so I'm not going to repost it.

The good thing is, at least at the moment, there's so many people in that level range playing that you can fairly casually chain queue for dungeons through 3-8 levels a night. By the time I'm in WotLK zones again, I'm usually a happy camper.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Let's see what todays storyline is all about :3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Never got one today. I'm assuming it's triggered by certain rep thresholds?
I guess so.

Today was a bit boring, honestly.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hopefully all future MoP daily hubs work like Domination does. I'm actually excited to see that yellow exclamation point pop up.

[edit]

I think that's the fourth or so time I've talked about how much I like 5.1's story...

Yoshichan

I have to admit I laughed when Avartu got kicked into the crypt.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was a god damn roundhouse, wasn't it?!

Bisnic

What? Jaina went all "Kill all Horde" mode now? But she was the opposite a few days ago when i met her in Dalaran.

Bisnic

Maybe it's a phasing issue or she forgot.

All dat Arcane power.

No, it was part of the whole 5.1 story, she was "i cannot allow myself to become lik Medivh or Kelthuzad or whatever and become consumed by power blabla".

So its kind of ironic how she changed her mind so fast.

KaZkb.jpg

Finally got this bastard down, ungh

Yoshichan

That's two female draeneis that are faced the wrong direction.

GRATS btw :D

Rokam

it's a 10 hour downtime too.

Well that doesn't bother me as much, I normally sleep during downtime. But damn I typically don't go to sleep till around 5 PST. That and I typically like to knock out a portion of LFR before servers go down.

Well that doesn't bother me as much, I normally sleep during downtime. But damn I typically don't go to sleep till around 5 PST. That and I typically like to knock out a portion of LFR before servers go down.

Goddamn it, I do that too. I come home, make a snack, and try to do as much LFR as I can before the downtime. Oh well. :/

Additionally, did four bosses in normal MSV and one in HOF this week. No loot. Fuck my life. Also, I should probably stop tracking my valor points for "A test of Valor", cause that 470/6000 just sucks to look at.

Hopefully all future MoP daily hubs work like Domination does. I'm actually excited to see that yellow exclamation point pop up.

[edit]

I think that's the fourth or so time I've talked about how much I like 5.1's story...

It's okay. I've been gushing too. My SO is tired of hearing me talk about Vol'jin's letters and what fuck-dumb thing Garrosh has done now.

I swore I was gonna swear off dailies. Fucking DP ones have me logging on every day.

Enosh

great, have the 4 tokens for the blue ICC set but need to get the JP one first which will take forever because getting JP is so fucking slow this expansion -.-

Ultratech

great, have the 4 tokens for the blue ICC set but need to get the JP one first which will take forever because getting JP is so fucking slow this expansion -.-

Yeah...

Fastest ways I've heard are pretty much:

-If Tank, roll dungeons.
-Otherwise, roll Scenarios.

Still pretty bad though. -_-

Slayerx

Was thinking about loot in LFR and honestly I always thought people were trolling when they said they didn't get anything mostly it was self-confirmation bias because my own experience is radically different. I probably never had 2 consecutive LFR wings without getting at least one piece of loot. Some numbers for perspective, didn't do LFR every week but I killed LFR bosses 54 times and got 16 pieces of loot on the druid, that's basically 30% drop rare.

I do wonder how this whole loot system works and if it may be bugged for some people now. :(

Berordn

What's the purpose of the long downtime?

Probably to roll out and test a ton of hotfixes for things the patch introduced. Every time they've had maintenance the last few weeks it takes them longer than scheduled to finish it, so scheduling a longer than usual maintenance and starting earlier seems to be a better solution than letting the forums erupt every Tuesday.

Berordn

Mage
Critical Mass now multiplies the critical strike chance of Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Pyroblast, and Scorch by 1.3 (was 1.25).
Inferno Blast now spreads Ignite, Pyroblast, and Combustion to 3 surrounding targets.

We're back, boys. 1.3 crit multiplier seems a bit low still, but I'm loving the cleave buff.

Ultratech

Was thinking about loot in LFR and honestly I always thought people were trolling when they said they didn't get anything mostly it was self-confirmation bias because my own experience is radically different. I probably never had 2 consecutive LFR wings without getting at least one piece of loot. Some numbers for perspective, didn't do LFR every week but I killed LFR bosses 54 times and got 16 pieces of loot on the druid, that's basically 30% drop rare.

I do wonder how this whole loot system works and if it may be bugged for some people now. :(

Supposedly, the drop rate (or rather, chance to get loot) is 15%. Game does an invisible roll and if you win, then you get random loot based off spec (so you could win something you already have).

Using a coin is basically doing another roll.

So you're at the mercy of RNG whether you win anything, for better or worse.

Supposedly, the drop rate is 15%. Game does an invisible roll and if you win, then you get random loot based off spec (so you could win something you already have).

Using a coin is basically doing another roll.

So you're at the mercy of RNG whether you win anything, for better or worse.

No wonder I won Stoneflesh Leggings when I already had a set I wasn't wearing. Three pairs of those fucking things so far.

RNG hates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom