• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OMG. Just got stable internet after a week of being in new apartment and not having any. So much to catch up on, least of all WoW things.
Grats on the new apartment :)!

Tarazet

I've been leveling my Unholy DK again, and it reminded me of how much I love the spec. It seems like hardly anyone plays it, and I can't imagine why. You get some sweet things that Frost doesn't get access to, like a pet stun and a badass gargoyle. I think the rotation works better than the whack-a-mole procfest that is Frost, too.

I've been noticing more and more though, man there are some horrible DKs out there. Had a Frost DK yesterday that somehow managed 12K DPS on 10m Feng. He was using Death Coil instead of Frost Strike, running Unholy Presence (for the movement buff maybe?), and not a single Obliterate or Soul Reaper. He eventually got kicked from the raid. Today in a heroic, we had a Blood DK queued as DPS, running in Blood Presence, dual wielding, and wearing Int/Spirit boots. His damage was so pathetic I didn't even notice he was running in tank stance until I targeted him. And naturally, he needed on the agi/crit trinket. Boggles the mind.

I mean, I can understand why even semi-decent DK players can seem like window lickers, because the most popular spec, Frost, has bright lights flashing up on your bar nonstop. But come on, some people can't even do some reading to understand the basics.

Nugg

After being stuck in the Heart of Fear for a few weeks, we finally downed Shek'zeer, then downed the protectors on our very first try yesterday. Is the rest of the Terrace that easy?

Neki

After being stuck in the Heart of Fear for a few weeks, we finally downed Shek'zeer, then downed the protectors on our very first try yesterday. Is the rest of the Terrace that easy?

Difficulty:

Sha of Fear > Tsulong > Protectors > Lei Shi > any boss in HoF

so yes, I'd recommend people struggling in HoF do Terrace instead

strafer

Patch 5.2 is coming Soon™ and will include a large and more traditional raid tier. It has been a while since we had a raid zone that was as large as Ulduar or Icecrown Citadel. Blizzard will talking about what will be in it and how many bosses soon!

Undead_male250x.gif

Ultratech

What are some easy mounts to get? I've been using the same gryphon since hitting 60 lol

Ground
-Slap on a Faction Tabard (like Org, Darkspear, Silvermoon, etc.) and get all those mounts once you hit Exalted with 'em.
-Armani Battle Bear - Get like 2-5 people and do the Zul'Aman Timed Run everyday until everyone has one. Should be easy at 90.
-Guild Mount (Scorpion/Lion): If you've got a Lv25 Guild, hit Exalted with your Guild and buy it. (Though it's like 1350 gold, but hey, it looks cool!) Hitting Exalted with the Guild is pretty easy nowadays.
-Brown War Bear: Buy in Dal. Like 750 gold?
-Grey/Blonde Yaks: Buy in Kun-Lai for 3k.

Flying
Bronze Drake - Guaranteed Drop if you can beat Heroic Culling of Stratholme.
Rusted/Ironbound Proto-Drakes - Do the Ulduar Metas; they're not terribly hard and there's usually groups doing them. (With a full 90 group and no screw-ups, it takes about an hour give or take.)
Dark Phoenix - Buy for 3k Gold. But your Guild has to have Guild Glory of the Cataclysm Raider, which is very easy nowadays (since they just have to complete the three T11 Raid Dungeons while in a Guild group).
Black/Twilight Drake - Complete Obsidian Sanctum (10/25) without killing the minibosses. OS10 shouldn't be too bad to solo, but you'll probably need some help with 25. Guaranteed drop off the boss if you don't kill the 3 minibosses.
Red Drake - Get Exalted with Wyrmrest Accord and buy for like 2000g. (Use Tabard or use Rep Tokens.)

Robin64

Another day of Dominance Offensive, another day of no story progress.
Almost sure the game just hates me at this point.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Same for me. I was sent to Ruins of Ogudei, and I dread that place. The enemies respawn so fast you can't really focus on anything. It ought to be even worse on high population servers.

Curiously, what's your rep at right now?

Dave Kosak did mention that the stories would be rolling out every two to three days though. Which makes me sad because ever day I get an actual story line, I know I'm gonna be bummed at the next day (though I trudge through it anyways).

Oh, and yeah... fuck the Ruins. Worst area. I try convincing a guildie to go in there with me because it makes it go faster. Bleh.

Hoplatee

Wow. I know the WoW Community in general never has been great but I returned after being away for 3 years and today I have had 4 tanks that pull tons of mobs and then just leave the instance for your group to wipe. Is this is a new thing or has this been going on for a long time or have I just been really really really really really unlucky with stupid people?

Also people leaving non stop when a boss doesn't drop what they want. I don't really remember that either. So far I wasted so much time waiting in instances doing nothing. :(

Other than that - great fun! Druid healing really has not changed one single bit so it was easy/great to just get back at it once the UI was ready.

Wow. I know the WoW Community in general never has been great but I returned after being away for 3 years and today I have had 4 tanks that pull tons of mobs and then just leave the instance for your group to wipe. Is this is a new thing or has this been going on for a long time or have I just been really really really really really unlucky with stupid people?

Also people leaving non stop when a boss doesn't drop what they want. I don't really remember that either. So far I wasted so much time waiting in instances doing nothing. :(

Other than that - great fun! Druid healing really has not changed one single bit so it was easy/great to just get back at it once the UI was ready.

Are you talking about LFR experiences? Because... yeah... it's people not beholden to anyone for a raid spot so they do what they please. I've seen some really really sad examples of "teamwork" since it started. It varies though. You'll get really good groups and you'll get really bad. I've personally had more positive than negative but I don't run them consistently either. :/

Rokam

Curiously, what's your rep at right now?

Dave Kosak did mention that the stories would be rolling out every two to three days though. Which makes me sad because ever day I get an actual story line, I know I'm gonna be bummed at the next day (though I trudge through it anyways).

Oh, and yeah... fuck the Ruins. Worst area. I try convincing a guildie to go in there with me because it makes it go faster. Bleh.

At revered you get one nearly every day, had a story 3 days in a row now. Make sure to buy the commendation that grants rep faster.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Super short quests today :(

Is this is a new thing or has this been going on for a long time or have I just been really really really really really unlucky with stupid people?
Chalk it up to bad luck. Was this LFR or LFD?

LFR is, well, LFR, and you're bound to get a few impatient and rude people. The vast majority, though, are pretty understanding.

As for LFD? I've had one or two bad experiences, but it's either nice or quiet. Vocalizing your newness to the instance normally results in friendly help. If you've not been doing that, I'd start.

At revered you get one nearly every day, had a story 3 days in a row now. Make sure to buy the commendation that grants rep faster.

Oh nice! I'm almost there - 2k till revered. Didn't realize there were commendations that granted rep bonuses though. I knew about the extra quests.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Oh nice! I'm almost there - 2k till revered. Didn't realize there were commendations that granted rep bonuses though. I knew about the extra quests.

I think he is talking about the account wide commendations that you can buy at revered for all your characters. There's nothing being sold to increase rep gains before that.

Tarazet

I think he is talking about the account wide commendations that you can buy at revered for all your characters. There's nothing being sold to increase rep gains before that.

Right. I hit Revered with DO yesterday, and immediately bought the commendation (together with my BIS 496 agi leather boots). By the time I finished the rest of the quests I was at 2230/21000 to Exalted, so it's a huge boost for a very small gold investment.

I'm disappointed that the Troll Toe Tabi is still not visible for Trolls, what the fuck? How can you make an item like that and miss the boat that badly?

Right. I hit Revered with DO yesterday, and immediately bought the commendation (together with my BIS 496 agi leather boots). By the time I finished the rest of the quests I was at 2230/21000 to Exalted, so it's a huge boost for a very small gold investment.

Wait... so you can buy the commendation at revered and use it on the same character to get the boost? I thought it only worked with alts...

Mind blown. I thought it was just meant to help with your other characters and not your main. Might actually finish my Klaxxi rep now.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Got something from Sha of Fear, Spirit Kings and Sha of Anger. This is the best luck with the system I've ever had.

I'm lucky if I get one loot piece on my three toons per week.

Clipse

Only done Terrace LFR so far tonight and got the offset AGI leather chest and belt. Too bad I already have VP pieces in those slots.. Yay for transmog I guess?

Edit: Got the dagger off Stone Guard. I can finally replace one of my 463 ilvl daggers =D

LadyRiven

Finally got this bastard down, ungh

Congrats! My guild just got him last night (25 man). Took quite a few wipes, but less than the average from what I've heard.

My most recent triumph is getting all four of my Pandaren spirit pets. I also got Mr. Bigglesworth about a week ago and he is a super AWESOME pet. His whiskers look like icicles. :3

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I used my roll and got the chest off Empress normal and so did the RL. Then on Protectors, both of the Rogues got an item from their rolls.

Did they increase the drop chance off LFR/extra rolls? RNG is RNG, I know, but I've never gotten or seen this much loot drop.

Finaika

I used my roll and got the chest off Empress normal and so did the RL. Then on Protectors, both of the Rogues got an item from their rolls.

Did they increase the drop chance off LFR/extra rolls? RNG is RNG, I know, but I've never gotten or seen this much loot drop.

No, I did Sha of Angry this morning and used a charm and got nothing.

Low Tier

2 Coins and regular roll and still no shin'ka, so I'd say no.

Neki

Zero items from HoF and ToES today, so no.

Tarazet

I like to play and tinker around with different specs. I had people asking in raid chat today why a cat druid was standing there spamming Wrath. I told them look at the numbers. Crits for 300K+.

Enosh

Going back to the old model where you have to progress linear through the raids from release of current expac?
That's the plan. We have older Raid Finder tiers now to provide the necessary gear.
well, good luck to anyone new to the game about half a year down the line

Long story short, when i'm very tired i don't tank in lfr. I log for dps with tank spec on. Can the tokens drop anyway? Do i get the tank spec token, right?

strafer

Main-hand and off-hand items will be allowed to be transmogrified with each other, as well as any weapons that use the same animation. Things like staves and polearms, the one handed axes, maces and swords, and the two handed axes, maces and swords.

Best news ever.

YES! YES!

Sarcasm

So third 90..DK. I want to get into PvP. I got the full blue set.

I have 47.171% resilience (which is 7.71%..I guess?)
PvP Power is 9.34%

Will I get face roll owned? And I guess frost 2h? Stats?

Also PvE wise..I think I am gonna go DPS! Frost DW! What is the stat order?

Thing is I hit 90 in kun-lai right when I was going into townlong..do I do townlong or do I start dread? Or skip straight to vale/dailies? Quote to see armory link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom