• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it looks like my weekend morning raid group has died and with it a lot of my motivation for the game has gone out the window. We just had a hard time keeping a consistent group of people combined with a lot less people making alts to feed into less progressed raids (another one of our raid groups died this week due to the same issue). I blame the horrible reputation grind this expansion for the alt issue.

I will probably keep playing just to see the content as the expansion goes on, but it sucks being stuck with the boring LFR encounters as my only raid experience.

Sarcasm

Just got an epic like 476 DPS neck from a bag from scenario on my DK!

Also...what rep DO I really need for my DK - since this is an alt?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just got an epic like 476 DPS neck from a bag from scenario on my DK!

Also...what rep DO I really need for my DK - since this is an alt?

You pretty much need all reps no matter the class to be honest. But if your main is revered with them and bought the commendations, it's not that bad for alts thankfully.

Sarcasm

You pretty much need all reps no matter the class to be honest. But if your main is revered with them and bought the commendations, it's not that bad for alts thankfully.

So I guess do the main ones I can do now: Golden Lotus & Klaxxi. Plus that new faction (Dominance Offense for me).

Keep in mind I have done 0 townlong or dread wastes quests..should I quest there too?

Also I really don't know what to do PvE spec wise if I should roll blood or frost.

Ultratech

So I guess do the main ones I can do now: Golden Lotus & Klaxxi. Plus that new faction (Dominance Offense for me).

Keep in mind I have done 0 townlong or dread wastes quests..should I quest there too?

Also I really don't know what to do PvE spec wise if I should roll blood or frost.

If you plan on doing Klaxxi, you'll want to do pretty much ALL of Dread Wastes to unlock the Paragons and get a nice bit of rep. (I know you get at least Honored from doing all the quests.)

As for PvE spec, it's up to personal preference.

17480/21000 to exalted with Shieldwall. I guess blizzard didn't plan on the grand commendations interacting with an otherwise gated set of lore-advancing quests.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
How much reputation can you earn per day when below Exalted with Operation: Shieldwall/Dominance Offensive? I get around 5-6 daily quests for each lockout. Am I missing something?

Rösti;45353157 said:
How much reputation can you earn per day when below Exalted with Operation: Shieldwall/Dominance Offensive? I get around 5-6 daily quests for each lockout. Am I missing something?

The lore quests you unlock at certain rep thresholds also grant rep, which the commendation happily doubles for you. So by the time you're done with one set of dailies, you've unlocked the next lore questchain, granting you 3k rep, which then unlocks the next lore questchain, etc.
At this pace I'll get the achievement and be done with Shieldwall by tomorrow morning.

Getting to exalted is too fast now.

The real problem is the amount of rep you get from the lore quests that begin at revered. I think Monkey King alone nets you close to 3k rep. If the lore quests were more of a reward in and of themselves (and they're really, really cool so I'm okay with that) and didn't grant rep then you wouldn't feel rushed through the content so much.

I don't care either way, I'm lazy and I like it when I can trim down the amount of hours I spend grinding quests. The whole storyline has a Wrathgate feel to it, pretty awesome
even if I don't like Jaina's new HEY I'M LIKE ARTHAS AT STRATHOLME direction

uzit88

Is there a guide out there for the reputation grind. I hit 90 a few weeks ago and felt lost and stop playing....Ive got the itch again..

Tarazet

Is it bad to wear cloth on my resto druid? (Entry level raiding/LFR)

Yes, it's really bad. Resto had to do it in BC because it was almost impossible to get int leather, but there's no excuse now. The Leather Specialization bonus to main stat is too good.

Berordn

Is there a guide out there for the reputation grind. I hit 90 a few weeks ago and felt lost and stop playing....Ive got the itch again..

For important gear factions...

Golden Lotus to Revered leads to Shado-Pan and August Celestials, which continue from whatever rep you had after finishing zone quests. To do dailies for Shado-Pan and August Celestials you have to do Golden Lotus for two-three weeks, non-negotiable. Golden Lotus and Shado-Pan are time consuming dailies, whereas the August Celestials is a smaller, more managable hub.

Klaxxi rep is tied to the Dread Wastes zone, your progress through that storyline unlocks the dailies progressively. You can start with Klaxxi rep as soon as you reach the Dread Wastes.

Operation: Shieldwall (Alliance) and Dominance Offensive (Horde) are available once reaching 90 and buying flying. The questline starts automatically in the Vale at level 90 after you've bought flying.

Unimportant but fun stuff:

The Tillers is tied to your farm on Sunsong Ranch, and has a small set of dailies available every day. Every crop you successfully grow gives you 50 rep as well and as you progress with Farmer Yoon's story quests, you unlock more space to plant stuff as well as some trade goods. The questline "starts" at level 85, but all of the dailies require you to be level 90.

The Anglers are the fishing faction and all their dailies revolve around fishing and killing stuff in the water. All their rewards are vanity items, so you can freely skip them if you have no interest in them.

The Lorewalkers aren't a true grind and you can finish them in an afternoon. Rep for them is gained by discovering artifacts and scrolls around Pandaria, and compiling full sets will reward you with a story told by Lorewalker Cho. At exalted, you can buy their nifty looking tabard and a flying disc mount.

For all the factions (excluding the Lorewalkers), once you reach revered you can buy a Grand Commendation for that faction, which doubles the rep you gain for that faction across all characters on your account, no matter what the source is. One time purchase for the whole account as well.

uzit88

For important gear factions...

Golden Lotus to Revered leads to Shado-Pan and August Celestials, which continue from whatever rep you had after finishing zone quests. To do dailies for Shado-Pan and August Celestials you have to do Golden Lotus for two-three weeks, non-negotiable. Golden Lotus and Shado-Pan are time consuming dailies, whereas the August Celestials is a smaller, more managable hub.

Klaxxi rep is tied to the Dread Wastes zone, your progress through that storyline unlocks the dailies progressively. You can start with Klaxxi rep as soon as you reach the Dread Wastes.

Operation: Shieldwall (Alliance) and Dominance Offensive (Horde) are available once reaching 90 and buying flying. The questline starts automatically in the Vale at level 90 after you've bought flying.

Unimportant but fun stuff:

The Tillers is tied to your farm on Sunsong Ranch, and has a small set of dailies available every day. Every crop you successfully grow gives you 50 rep as well and as you progress with Farmer Yoon's story quests, you unlock more space to plant stuff as well as some trade goods. The questline "starts" at level 85, but all of the dailies require you to be level 90.

The Anglers are the fishing faction and all their dailies revolve around fishing and killing stuff in the water. All their rewards are vanity items, so you can freely skip them if you have no interest in them.

The Lorewalkers aren't a true grind and you can finish them in an afternoon. Rep for them is gained by discovering artifacts and scrolls around Pandaria, and compiling full sets will reward you with a story told by Lorewalker Cho. At exalted, you can buy their nifty looking tabard and a flying disc mount.

For all the factions (excluding the Lorewalkers), once you reach revered you can buy a Grand Commendation for that faction, which doubles the rep you gain for that faction across all characters on your account, no matter what the source is. One time purchase for the whole account as well.

That sounds simple enough, I will give it a go tomorrow when my computer is back. I so used to wearing a tabard and running dungeons D:!

Bisnic

The lore quests you unlock at certain rep thresholds also grant rep, which the commendation happily doubles for you. So by the time you're done with one set of dailies, you've unlocked the next lore questchain, granting you 3k rep, which then unlocks the next lore questchain, etc.
At this pace I'll get the achievement and be done with Shieldwall by tomorrow morning.

The real problem is the amount of rep you get from the lore quests that begin at revered. I think Monkey King alone nets you close to 3k rep. If the lore quests were more of a reward in and of themselves (and they're really, really cool so I'm okay with that) and didn't grant rep then you wouldn't feel rushed through the content so much.

I don't care either way, I'm lazy and I like it when I can trim down the amount of hours I spend grinding quests. The whole storyline has a Wrathgate feel to it, pretty awesome
even if I don't like Jaina's new HEY I'M LIKE ARTHAS AT STRATHOLME direction

Jaina to be the
Lich Queen
confirmed.

I'm taking my 25-man raiding group back to Will of the Emperor this week after not being able to down them last week. There were a lot of issues of being overrun by adds. Our deeps is strong, though the skill level of the group ranges from "OMG, Awesome!" to "First Foray into Raiding." We didn't deviate from the normal strat of Courage, Strength, Rage, but still found too many adds running free during the beginning of Titan Gas. And tanks have no issues doing the dance.

Here are our logs from that fateful night.

Anyone have any tips or pointers on a clean and successful 25-man Will of the Emperor kill?

The only real change I can think to make is to lump everyone in the center of the room, ensuring only melee get the jump on adds right when they spawn.

Enosh

don't dps down the rages etc when titan gas spawns, it's important you do max possible dps on the bosses during that phase, so just kill any remaining strengths and courages and CC the rages, stuns fears, whatever you have throw at them

JCizzle

I'm going to be so pissed if they kill second wind. I'm having a blast soloing old raids, which will become impossible again with a nerf for pvp purposes.

Berordn

You forgot the Cloud Serpents! Of course, you'd only do them if you wanted the JC mount recipes or an actual Cloud Serpent.

The Anglers dailies are really short and they level up your Fishing.

I did completely forget about the cloud serpents, somehow. I see so little of them on my characters now I guess it just slipped my mind.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
There should be only 2 story quests left. So actually it's the perfect amount.

It is, but I believe it's envisioned with double the amount of dailies in-between to unlock the lore quests. Doesn't look like the team implementing the rep commendations talked to the team that were designing the new faction quest line. :p

Robin64

Today I got to
fight with Thrall against Kor'kron on Echo Isles
. Just amazing, what this patch's storyline has you doing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Time to do todays story line!

don't dps down the rages etc when titan gas spawns, it's important you do max possible dps on the bosses during that phase, so just kill any remaining strengths and courages and CC the rages, stuns fears, whatever you have throw at them
That is a great idea! I really just want us to down Will. I am so sick of MV.

Any other pointers from anyone else?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:( Todays story quests = weak

edit: The whole Shrine of Two Moons has been phased for three days now... how am I supposed to by Golden Lotus from the NPC vendor if he isn't here?

On the flipside I only do LFR, my DK only needs weapon/tier gloves, and my shaman needs like 2-3 pieces as well. I'd say Robin is just mega unlucky.

Apparently so, I did first LFR today and got shoulders on an extra roll on final boss :p.

Also used some Valor to buy wrists from August Celestials, jeez +180 intellect enchant is like 2.5k on Whisperwind. Not that I have anything else to spend my money on though...

I swear grouping with randoms sometimes is annoying. I've no shame in telling people I'm a noob at the game. Doing some random dungeon someone told me pop cd's or something like that and I just asked what that meant. Next thing I know it was like I killed their dog and I was kicked from the group =\

Sophia

I swear grouping with randoms sometimes is annoying. I've no shame in telling people I'm a noob at the game. Doing some random dungeon someone told me pop cd's or something like that and I just asked what that meant. Next thing I know it was like I killed their dog and I was kicked from the group =\

What faction are you? You need to find a good tank/healer such as a guildie *coughorlikemyselfcough* who doesn't care about your performance and will let you get better. You gotta be pretty aggressive (Note: NOT Hostile) in a pug group too.

What faction are you? You need to find a good tank Such as a guildie *coughorlikemyselfcough* who doesn't care about your performance and will let you get better. You gotta be pretty aggressive (Note: NOT Hostile) in a pug group too.

I usually don't have any issues doing dungeons as tank. Just new ones I haven't done before and you maybe have to know some tricks etc to beat a boss.

Sophia

I usually don't have any issues doing dungeons as tank. Just new ones I haven't done before and you maybe have to know some tricks etc to beat a boss.

You do have a boss mod (DBM or Bigwigs) right? There's very few encounters in the game at the moment that can't be winged with DBM + Dungeon Journal + A bit of common sense.

Sophia

I don't even know what this means lol

A boss mod warns you of things during fights. Such as when you're standing in something bad, or not doing the right thing in a fight. I consider Deadly Boss Mods or BigWigs mandatory and essential for all players, even non-raiders.

A link, if you wish to install it: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/deadly-boss-mods Once you've installed it, it's all ready out of the box, no configuration needed.

A boss mod warns you of things during fights. Such as when you're standing in something bad, or not doing the right thing in a fight. I consider Deadly Boss Mods or BigWigs mandatory and essential for all players, even non-raiders.

A link, if you wish to install it: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/deadly-boss-mods Once you've installed it, it's all ready out of the box, no configuration needed.

I just have regular WoW installed nothing else. Not sure what else I need. Open for suggestions on anything to install.

Bisnic

I'm wondering how some of you got so high into revered with the new faction already. I'm only at 2435/21000 after todays dailies and hit revered yesterday. No new story quest today. :(

I can't believe not doing that arena beast quest hurt me that much.

Edit : 9 Golden Lotus today in the farm!

Don't really need anything else. If you're alliance I'll gladly run some dungeons with you too, on that note. You won't find a better healer. :p

OK I will do some some time. I will be on a lot tomorrow likely. My bt is plbelanger#1923 I was just looking at these mods at curse.com you linked? Do I just install curse client and everything is set and ready to go? What do you recommend for addons? I am alliance btw. Prot pally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom