• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

OK I will do some some time. My bt is plbelanger#1923 I was just looking at these mods at curse.com you linked? Do I just install curse client and everything is set and ready to go? What do you recommend for addons?

You don't really need the curse client. Just download the addon and extract the folders to: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns

Or wherever your WoW folder is.

and I added you.

You don't really need the curse client. Just download the addon and extract the folders to: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns

Or wherever your WoW folder is.

and I added you.

Just popped on and didn't see anything in pending requests yet. Maybe I have too many people so I have removed some people. They weren't on anyway since d3 released lol. What is your bt btw?

Rokam

I'm wondering how some of you got so high into revered with the new faction already. I'm only at 2435/21000 after todays dailies and hit revered yesterday. No new story quest today. :(

I can't believe not doing that arena beast quest hurt me that much.

Edit : 9 Golden Lotus today in the farm!

Darkmoon faire buff, and once you hit revered the rep just flies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yep, I'm happy with what they did with Dominance Offensive. I was expecting it to take at least 1 ½ month from neutral to exalted, but that wasn't the case. Shouldn't be more than a day or two to get to exalted now~

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Darkmoon faire buff, and once you hit revered the rep just flies.

Yeah, but even with the commendation, i barely got ~2000 rep today with 5 quests. Doesn't seem that much. Unless the next story quests give a ridiculous amount.

I swear grouping with randoms sometimes is annoying. I've no shame in telling people I'm a noob at the game. Doing some random dungeon someone told me pop cd's or something like that and I just asked what that meant. Next thing I know it was like I killed their dog and I was kicked from the group =\

85% of the time it's fine. But we had a guy today doing LFD heroics, stormstout brewery, beg and beg for a piece that dropped, his last 463, etc. Finally, without arguing or being petty, the guy who won the roll gives it to him. Dude says 'tytytyty' and then *drops group*.

TLDR: Mardac on Garona is a d-bag.

Hoplatee

Are you talking about LFR experiences? Because... yeah... it's people not beholden to anyone for a raid spot so they do what they please. I've seen some really really sad examples of "teamwork" since it started. It varies though. You'll get really good groups and you'll get really bad. I've personally had more positive than negative but I don't run them consistently either. :/

Chalk it up to bad luck. Was this LFR or LFD?

LFR is, well, LFR, and you're bound to get a few impatient and rude people. The vast majority, though, are pretty understanding.

As for LFD? I've had one or two bad experiences, but it's either nice or quiet. Vocalizing your newness to the instance normally results in friendly help. If you've not been doing that, I'd start.

Was talking about LFD. :) Didn't step into Raid / Challenge modus yet.

Not completely sure what to do next. I can not stand daily quests but it looks like >everything< is daily quest based and will be like that in the future as well. Not much gear left to get to from heroics so I guess I have to just force myself throuh some rep so I can at least get some items from that Raid Finder thing.

e) how difficult are those challenge runs? TBC heroic or more pre Cataclsym heroic nerf?

Berordn

e) how difficult are those challenge runs? TBC heroic or more pre Cataclsym heroic nerf?

Just getting through them isn't very difficult, maybe a bit harder than the original Cataclysm heroics. Those medal times though? Holy crap do they push you to the limit. You have to pull off some crazy and reckless things in a lot of them just to make it through.

Hoplatee

Just getting through them isn't very difficult, maybe a bit harder than the original Cataclysm heroics. Those medal times though? Holy crap do they push you to the limit. You have to pull off some crazy and reckless things in a lot of them just to make it through.

Sweet! Sounds great. :)

Heroic healing has already become a boring thing when you get some gear and then the odd epic geared tank joins and you might as well fall asleep at some point.

Berordn

Heroic healing has already become a boring thing when you get some gear and then the odd epic geared tank joins and you might as well fall asleep at some point.

Slapped a group of guildies together the other day to try Mogu'shan Palace and it had its way with us, but we managed Silver in the end. I think I had more fun doing that than I've had raiding this whole expansion. Now we're trying to make it a regular thing and I can't wait to wipe some more.

Yeah if you enjoyed healing Heroic Shattered Halls for the Magtheridon attunement then you'll love Challenge Modes.

Apparently so, I did first LFR today and got shoulders on an extra roll on final boss :p.

Also used some Valor to buy wrists from August Celestials, jeez +180 intellect enchant is like 2.5k on Whisperwind. Not that I have anything else to spend my money on though...

Yeah Robin is really unlucky, two more drops in the second LFR I did today, including a nice 1H. Man mage DPS is kicking my shadow priest's ass. Recount making me sad :(.

I noticed on this LFR that no one was ressing the guys that died on the boss, so I dutifully raised like six guys. Are folks just expected to run? Everyone was very polite when I ressed them.

Tarazet

Yeah Robin is really unlucky, two more drops in the second LFR I did today, including a nice 1H. Man mage DPS is kicking my shadow priest's ass. Recount making me sad :(.

I noticed on this LFR that no one was ressing the guys that died on the boss, so I dutifully raised like six guys. Are folks just expected to run? Everyone was very polite when I ressed them.

I always toss in a res, but I can only do one because I'm a Guard/Feral Druid and it uses over 50% of my mana. The only thing that irks me is when the tanks pull the next group before our res goes off and it wastes the mana because it lands while we're in combat.

LadyRiven

If any pet fanatics out there were bummed about having an uncommon Red Cricket or Darkmoon Hatchling, they were hotfixed today to all become rare. Woot.

Speaking of pets, I wonder if anyone from another server can help me get my mitts on a Darkmoon Rabbit? I'm thinking I might see if I can trade a full set of of Pandaren spirit pets for one (once I get another Air Spirit I'm good to go.)

Sarcasm

I have some questions.

If you want to do old raid, even solo, does it matter what character doors them in regards to achievements? Like druid is main but you do it on death knight, will it show on your did?

Death knight pvp question, for lady talent I took the ground thing where supposedly makes you immune to loss of control effects. I have noticed it really doesn't work our am I using it wrong? I use the quite ice slow sin for pve and I am tempt to get that for pvp.

In terms of pvp resilience and power what am I shooting for?

Raskett

If you want to do old raid, even solo, does it matter what character doors them in regards to achievements? Like druid is main but you do it on death knight, will it show on your did?

Achievements are now account wide so if you do them on one character, all should gain the achievement. I believe there is some sort of limitation where if a character is say level 5 and could not have possibly completed an achievement, or alternatively of the opposing faction and unable to gain the achievement then these might not be account wide. That's my understanding of this although I might be incorrect about that last part.

ZenaxPure

That's my understanding of this although I might be incorrect about that last part.

To be exact most faction achievements simply switch to their counterpart, if you have the achievement for killing Varian on a horde character you will have the one for killing Garrosh on an alliance character. That said a few of the new scenario ones do not cross over. Dagger in the Dark and A Little Patience are so dramatically different the achievements do not crossover unlike the other 2 faction "specific" ones which are more of less the exact same scenario. I don't think any more are faction specific as my human rogue is sitting at 13060 points and my blood elf priest is sitting at 13040 points.

Speaking of that though, as cool as Dagger in the Dark is I have to say I think A Little Patience is way cooler, probably the most unique scenario Blizz has made so far. Also hilariously violent for no reason.

Rokam

Exalted with the Dominance Offensive, 2 sets of story quests to finish it off, both great! Can't wait for 5.2 (.3) whenever they decide to move the story further. I really like the armored wyvern, the unarmored on the other hand looks like ass.

Slaughtering all those elves felt good... and Garrosh leaving at Anduin at 1%, what a scrub. Also apparently Jaina is a megabitch, attacking civilians.

Robin64

Well I ask cause it may be easier to solo on my DK which is same faction as my druid.

Yeah, just solo on your DK. Your entire account will get credit. The only thing is, when you hold your cursor over the shield that shows the point value for the achievement, it will say "Earned by: [dk]. Not earned by: [druid]".

Sarcasm

OK I will do some some time. I will be on a lot tomorrow likely. My bt is plbelanger#1923 I was just looking at these mods at curse.com you linked? Do I just install curse client and everything is set and ready to go? What do you recommend for addons? I am alliance btw. Prot pally.

Btw I added you in WoW. Though you never reply >.>

Ultratech

Attempted to do some MV last night with the Guild....did not end well at all.

Now I'm reminded of why I don't like banging my head against progression (or rather, with people who seem to have no idea what they're doing...).

Oh well, managed to pick up a Jade Bandit Figurine off trash, though I'm having trouble determining whether it's a good trinket or not.
The Agility is really nice, but the Haste is kinda meh. Seems to be a very minor DPS increase though.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I did one of the story quests for Operation: Shieldwall. Noticed this:

bunny89djc.png

Blizzard is usually good at hiding bunnies in general areas, but here they overlooked a thing. I don't know if Horde has got something similar.

strafer

Rösti;45390965 said:
I did one of the story quests for Operation: Shieldwall. Noticed this:

bunny89djc.png

Blizzard is usually good at hiding bunnies in general areas, but here they overlooked a thing. I don't know if Horde has got something similar.

What is a bunny?

What is a bunny?

They're invisible NPCs that are used to control scripted events. You're not supposed to be able to see their name plates.. I'm not 100% sure where the name 'bunny' came from, must be a Vanilla beta thing.

Also yeah fuck the Purge of Dalaran questline. I get that sometimes the game wants me to feel less than heroic but that mission was straight up psychopathic.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
What is a bunny?
A bunny is usually an object or NPC that triggers some kind of script or controls a parameter. I believe the name comes from that Blizzard often uses a generic bunny model for these, but there are of course exceptions. For example, Sha Bunny 1, 2 and 3 are imps.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Todays daily quest seems to be interesting... they've sent me to Dalaran o_o let's see what the deal is all about.

Todays daily quest seems to be interesting... they've sent me to Dalaran o_o let's see what the deal is all about.

*throws hands in the air* AHHHHH! May have to play on my lunch just so it's not bugging me all day.

I should look up the Alliance side too. Read up on the events there.

Are all the daily story quests launched from Lion's Landing? I don't seem to get one every day.

Random other question: what is your farm hand in Halfhill supposed to do? I picked Gina because she was first to besties, but she doesn't seem to actually do anything.

Berordn

Are all the daily story quests launched from Lion's Landing? I don't seem to get one every day.

Random other question: what is your farm hand in Halfhill supposed to do? I picked Gina because she was first to besties, but she doesn't seem to actually do anything.

The story quests happen at certain rep thresholds. If you do absolutely everything that can get you rep every day you usually see a new one once a day, but not always.

Inviting a friend to your farm just seems to be for flavor.

Enosh

I know that one tweet said they roll them out every X days but I call bullshit on that
it's simply rep based, think a guy on wowhead did the math, from neutral to revered you get one every 3950 or so rep, so you get one about every 2 days of doing dailies

Yoshichan

Rokam

That's a random post on MMO-Champion. Anyone who ever claims to know someone at Blizzard is lying, my uncle who works at Nintendo told me.

Berordn

All of that sounds awesome and I'd hope it to be true. It's probably all BS, though, since thekrik made that thread.

As BS as it probably is, most of the plot threads he posted are probably going to happen just by virtue of it's a legion expansion these things sort of have to happen.

Going point by point:
  • Elune/Mu'sha and An'she being Naaru is a theory that's been floating around for a while, and has some decent support with the knowledge that the Night Elves originated from a tribe of trolls that somehow empowered them in a similar way that the Draenei were blessed by the Naaru from their original Eredar forms. More important, there's nothing outright preventing this from happening, outside of a bunch of depressed Tauren and Night Elves.
  • The Naaru have been hinted at having somewhat dubious intentions, especially given their darkened states, although their immediate goals are pure. The Sha'tar may just be a small sect that also seek order in the universe.
  • The Titans have always been dubious. Elder races despise them, and they've left a ton of dangerous toys over Azeroth. Their creations are easily corrupted and there's a lot of good evidence that the Mogu are one of them, which would be a handy tie-in to presenting them as a group of antagonists.
  • Kil'jaeden has always been opposed to Sargeras in some ways, running his own operations inside the Legion and seeking power wherever he can find it. Sargeras has been MIA for some time and the Eredar have been the primary force running their operations. If he should turn up again, there's no surprise that there'd be a serious power grab.
  • We already know Alleria and Turalyon are turning up in the near future. If the two of them were missing in Outland, there's a good chance they've been captured. Alleria is an elf after all, and they have a tendency to get all corrupty.
  • Demon Hunter class is all but inevitable at this point.

Interesting that there's a lot of blue posts about World PvP on PvP servers (about how people are bitching mostly due to CRZ.)

Personally, I think it's awesome after having been on only PvE servers (at least to any serious extent) before Mists. Yeah, you'll get ganked by someone higher level than you every now and again, but I've never really been camped to the extent that it's troublesome. There are so many ways to deal with that situation now, especially with Dungeon Finder and BGs that award XP that it doesn't even register as a problem in my mind - it just adds some danger/excitement like the thrill you get flying around in low-sec/null space in EVE Online.

And I've had plenty of fair (or close to fair) battles with people in my own level range besides.

Sarcasm

Interesting that there's a lot of blue posts about World PvP on PvP servers (about how people are bitching mostly due to CRZ.)

Personally, I think it's awesome after having been on only PvE servers (at least to any serious extent) before Mists. Yeah, you'll get ganked by someone higher level than you every now and again, but I've never really been camped to the extent that it's troublesome. There are so many ways to deal with that situation now, especially with Dungeon Finder and BGs that award XP that it doesn't even register as a problem in my mind - it just adds some danger/excitement like the thrill you get flying around in low-sec/null space in EVE Online.

And I've had plenty of fair (or close to fair) battles with people in my own level range besides.

People on PvP server complaining about PvP? I am on one and I LOVE THAT ITS BACK! Even the camping!

Anyways..

Anybody here play WoW who is Oceanic? I currently play on a NA account, but live in Taiwan. Also my server only has 49K people ( 29K my faction - horde heavy server). I am kinda wondering if it be worth it to xfer to one that is labeled Oceanic (I know servers aren't here but it be nice to have lots of people on during when I can be)..

So any input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom