• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Ok, I need someone to clear something up for me. It's Transmog related.

I just finished ICC where I got one of those tokens you turn in to get an armor piece. I'm trying to get to this, but it wants both the token and something that has the exact same name at a lower item level. Where do I get this exact same thing? I see it in the same vendor, but it's blue. Do I have to buy the blue 251 version with Justice points and THEN use the token with it t o get the red/heroic version?
If I'm understanding this right, I have to get the justice points to get the basic shoulders. THEN the token from the non-heroic 10 or 25 man version to get that version THEN I use the heroic token + that to get the heroic version? So I'm going to end up going through 2 pairs of shoulders before I get the third?
Yes. When I ran it you could get the blue token from 10hc or 25 normal and the red token from 25 hc.
Ok, now I'm extra confused. I went to void storage. I previously had a pair of pants transmog'd but replaced them with an upgrade which wasn't transmogd. The pants are now gone from my void storage(along with the other stuff I transmog'd) and they don't show up on my transmog sheet. Where the hell did they go? Did they stick with the item instead of acting like an 'enchant'? Do you have to farm transmog sets EVERY time you upgrade a piece?

No. Sounds like an UI bug. Do keep in mind that void storage is character specific.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Aaaand now they've reappeared.

The one you linked IS the 25 heroic color o_O. 10 heroic is the same as 25 normal, iirc.

Not the ones I'm looking at. There's a 10 man version that's purple, a 25 man that's blue, then the heroic that's red. And I just had a heroic token drop from 10 that would be used to get said color, so 25 H and 10 H are the same but 10 H and 25 shouldn't be.

Tacitus_

Not the ones I'm looking at. There's a 10 man version that's purple, a 25 man that's blue, then the heroic that's red. And I just had a heroic token drop from 10 that would be used to get said color, so 25 H and 10 H are the same but 10 H and 25 shouldn't be.

10H and 25N were the same back when the content was relevant. This was before they made both sizes drop the same gear.

TheYanger

10H drops the same tokens as 25N.
10H drops 264 loot, same as 25N.
www.wowhead.com/item=51125 are the 264 shoulders :) You'd get blue ones. For red you need 25 man.

Also followed this guy around Booty Bay, I'm like 90% sure he was RPing a hobo. Watched him walk around punch a rat to death and then pretend to eat it, then he swam for a bit and crawled under here and lit a camp fire as the sun was setting.

Try giving him money the next time you see him.

Jag

How did you get there? And then just hit up rares like normally? It that much xp?

After reading this, I dusted my 87 Blood DK off and rode to the TI. I was getting about 35k per little worm/little birds with rest xp and the 9% buff. I could kill about 4-5 per pull and then heal up a bit. The Rares only gave about 2k xp b/c of a raid penalty.

So that's about 170k per pull. I can get 190k per pet battle and not die. So I'm not sure how much faster this is.

BTW, is Death Strike the only self heal for a blood DK?

Dot50Cal

Banned
I have 4 alts around 60~80 range now. Getting so tiring leveling the same zones over and over. I must have had such patience back in the day to level my first set of alts on my original server.

For some reason, I'm finding it a lot harder this time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
There is one badass looking gun you get in Dragonblight from one of the Horde quests located in the undead village. It's even a green gun. "Siege something"... i forgot. Think i'm going to use it on my BOA bow until i hit 85. :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There is one badass looking gun you get in Dragonblight from one of the Horde quests located in the undead village. It's even a green gun. "Siege something"... i forgot. Think i'm going to use it on my BOA bow until i hit 85. :p

Speaking of badass ranged, This bow(both colors) dropped for me during my ICC run and almost made me want to level a hunter just to use it
NewPicture3-4_zps1e6c7ecc.png

Would look awesome on an Undead hunter

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
After reading this, I dusted my 87 Blood DK off and rode to the TI. I was getting about 35k per little worm/little birds with rest xp and the 9% buff. I could kill about 4-5 per pull and then heal up a bit. The Rares only gave about 2k xp b/c of a raid penalty.

So that's about 170k per pull. I can get 190k per pet battle and not die. So I'm not sure how much faster this is.

BTW, is Death Strike the only self heal for a blood DK?

There's also Rune Tap, Lichborne + self deathcoils (if you spec into it), and whatever self heal you choose from T4 in your talent tree. But yeah Death Strike/Rune Tap/Bloodworms are the only self heals exclusive to blood. Also using vampiric blood with any of them to increase the heal.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I played this 3-4 years back, and hit 60 before they raised the cap, I'm bored with games now and was considering getting back into WoW. Would it be worth it, or is it a lot retreading with the new content?

CassSept

I played this 3-4 years back, and hit 60 before they raised the cap, I'm bored with games now and was considering getting back into WoW. Would it be worth it, or is it a lot retreading with the new content?

60 was level cap 7 years ago, not 3-4 :)

Oh it's definitely worth it. You missed a lot, whole 4 expansions of content is a TON. The game is more accessible than ever so you won't have problems coming back either.

Jag

There's also Rune Tap, Lichborne + self deathcoils (if you spec into it), and whatever self heal you choose from T4 in your talent tree. But yeah Death Strike/Rune Tap/Bloodworms are the only self heals exclusive to blood. Also using vampiric blood with any of them to increase the heal.

Ok thanks. I really haven't played the DK in a long while lol.

Tarazet

Death Pact always. It's the only T4 talent that doesn't use up your resources, with the caveat being that if your minion is dead and Raise Dead is on cooldown, you can't use the heal. Death Strike works for all specs, by the way. It just doesn't grant the shield if you aren't Blood spec.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well congratulations, Pamela Redpath. The Suna Silenstrike mission chain officially does a better job of bumming me out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

No, you have the token to turn the 10N 251s into 264s. The "heroic" tokens in 10H ICC gave out the regular quality items because 10H had the same ilvl as 25N.

TheYanger

If you're a DPS spec and wanting more healing while grinding or whatever, make sure to use the glyph of dark succor. Free 20% heal every time you kill something. It's also a dps gain.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The thought of ever doing the Highlands intro quest line again makes my skin crawl. I will likely do just that with an xp potion.

I used a Triple XP potion on that part and I hit 85 before I even got there :lol

TheYanger

If you get to 82 and complete but don't turn in all of the first like, 6-8 deepholm quests, you can use an XP potion and get 85 within your hour. Easily at that. Seems a huge waste to use it just to skip 85 when you could've skipped 83 and 84 as well

JCizzle

If you get to 82 and complete but don't turn in all of the first like, 6-8 deepholm quests, you can use an XP potion and get 85 within your hour. Easily at that. Seems a huge waste to use it just to skip 85 when you could've skipped 83 and 84 as well

Goddamn it where were you then :(

Angry Grimace

That would be the way I would normally do it, for sure, but I don't remember when I actually popped the potion on that character - I had 10 85s before MOP launched so the only character slot I had left was my Monk and I had farmed up seven of the potions, most of those after my character was already past 70. I just had the potions continually active throughout WLK and Cata content, I think it took three (four?) to get from the low 70s to 85, but I'm fuzzy on exactly how many.

Jeez I am not feeling the DK's class so much, I kinda lost sight of my target in close combat, maybe I got very comfortable using range attacks

Where are you seeing that?

Frost have now 5 Ice orbs stacks when you are using your normal ice attack which deals aditional damage also It launchs all your stacks if you use your Ice spear, new water pet skin and size minor gylphs.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Jeez I am not feeling the DK's class so much, I kinda lost sight of my target in close combat, maybe I got very comfortable using range attacks

Frost have now 5 Ice orbs stacks when you are using your normal ice attack which deals aditional damage also It launchs all your stacks if you use your Ice spear, new water pet skin and size minor gylphs.

That was a nerf to frost mages.

McNei1y

This causes skeletons and cobwebs to reappear.

All the ghastly inhabitants of Karazhan confirmed to be victims of the most epic Birthday Bash the Azeroth had ever seen?

I can't wait to see it then. Karazhan was really awesome. I mean the whole thing about it. The zone, the location, the area, the atmosphere... I remember all of those stories about Karazhan and how there was supposed to be a mirrored version of Kharazan in the basement. And what the hell was up with the location of the Prince Melchezaar fight? Also, the crypt behind Karazhan was absolutely scary until they locked the gate. I hope they make use of all of those areas.

I can't wait to see it then. Karazhan was really awesome. I mean the whole thing about it. The zone, the location, the area, the atmosphere... I remember all of those stories about Karazhan and how there was supposed to be a mirrored version of Kharazan in the basement. And what the hell was up with the location of the Prince Melchezaar fight? Also, the crypt behind Karazhan was absolutely scary until they locked the gate. I hope they make use of all of those areas.

Dunno but I like how Prince Melchezaar dropped gorehowl.

Its all coming full circle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom