• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salamando

I can't wait to see it then. Karazhan was really awesome. I mean the whole thing about it. The zone, the location, the area, the atmosphere... I remember all of those stories about Karazhan and how there was supposed to be a mirrored version of Kharazan in the basement. And what the hell was up with the location of the Prince Melchezaar fight? Also, the crypt behind Karazhan was absolutely scary until they locked the gate. I hope they make use of all of those areas.

Prince Melch is totally killing Grom in warlords. "All realities, all dimensions are open" to him, right? If the Orcs were such a worthwhile asset when Kil'Jaeden found them, imagine how valuable they'd be boosted by futuretech. Melch sees them, finds them unwilling to cooperate, and smites them. Hence why Gorehowl's on his loottable when we kill him and it still exists for Thrall to give to Garrosh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So are DKs still that popular or is it just ICC that draws so many DKs to it? Because every time I join an ICC raid, there's about 5 other DKs.

ZenaxPure

Prince Malchezaar, that magnificent bastard.

So many <1% wipes <3

We got him on our first night cause like most tbc launch raid bosses he was fucked in one way or another. His thing being you could just stand in the hallway leading to him (door didn't close) and not worry about meteors.

Made the fight hilarious in the wrong kinds of ways.

McNei1y

We got him on our first night cause like most tbc launch raid bosses he was fucked in one way or another. His thing being you could just stand in the hallway leading to him (door didn't close) and not worry about meteors.

Yeah. That was our strategy too.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So are DKs still that popular or is it just ICC that draws so many DKs to it? Because every time I join an ICC raid, there's about 5 other DKs.

id imagine DKs are popular to level because they start at level 55.

but they're about normal in the end game.

i am slowly leveling my DK though, its 87. 1 level a year since cata. woot. didn't even level any of my other alts.

Fjordson

I can't wait to see it then. Karazhan was really awesome. I mean the whole thing about it. The zone, the location, the area, the atmosphere... I remember all of those stories about Karazhan and how there was supposed to be a mirrored version of Kharazan in the basement. And what the hell was up with the location of the Prince Melchezaar fight? Also, the crypt behind Karazhan was absolutely scary until they locked the gate. I hope they make use of all of those areas.
Totally agree. Everything about Karazhan is awesome.

And I remember that crypt. Got in there with a friend who knew how to get into a bunch of those unfinished areas before BC came out. I remember it had that one area "Room of Upside-Down Sinners" with all the corpses on meathooks underwater. So creepy :lol especially back then when you didn't know what it was going to be.

ZenaxPure

on the flipside, malch 1.0 was a joke with the hallway strat, but Nightbane 1.0 was a clusterfuck unless you stacked paladins.

I feel like launch Nightbane has to be in the top 5 of worst fights Blizz ever created. Not even sure what they were thinking.

strafer

Like a boss.

kBMgiGp.png

Ultratech

Prince Melch is totally killing Grom in warlords. "All realities, all dimensions are open" to him, right? If the Orcs were such a worthwhile asset when Kil'Jaeden found them, imagine how valuable they'd be boosted by futuretech. Melch sees them, finds them unwilling to cooperate, and smites them. Hence why Gorehowl's on his loottable when we kill him and it still exists for Thrall to give to Garrosh.

If you read Light's Justice Hearthstone card description, it mentions how he's a collector of weapons.
Prince Malchezaar was a collector of rare weapons. He'd animate them and have them dance for him.

Doubly funny since Gorehowl mentions something interesting as well.
Grommash Hellscream's famous axe. Somehow this ended up in Prince Malchezaar's possession. Quite the mystery!

mclem

A number of my guild are somewhat frustrated by the fact that I will not exploit. It's always fun to see them trying to formulate an argument as to why a given trick should not be regarded as an exploit.

They are frequently unsuccessful.

(Most recent: Claims that using hunter abilities to circumvent the debuff on the belt in the Blackfuse fight is an acceptable method)

Drpunch

Neo Member
If I haven't played since WotLK, what do I need to buy to play again? Do I have to buy "WoW" (as it goes up to level 85) and MoP? Or just MoP?

Rokam

I beat the RNG boss. 6 Runestones this week, should be done next week unless the RNG boss defeats me (at 9 right now).

Salamando

If I haven't played since WotLK, what do I need to buy to play again? Do I have to buy "WoW" (as it goes up to level 85) and MoP? Or just MoP?

If you played in WotLK, you bought WoW at some point. All accounts get access to up to and including Cataclysm, meaning you only need MoP. Check your Battle.net profile to be sure. Should tell you what you have access to.

With all these cheap accounts to be bought, anyone have experience multi-boxing? Tried it briefly using not much more than a follow/assist/target macro and a program that broadcasts keystrokes to multiple windows....curious if there's something out there to make getting quests/looting quest items/general questing easier.

ZenaxPure

A number of my guild are somewhat frustrated by the fact that I will not exploit. It's always fun to see them trying to formulate an argument as to why a given trick should not be regarded as an exploit.

I was in a pretty serious guild at the time that still had a 40 man mentality, so, not really a lot of room to voice my opinion on anything and we wanted to win asap.

In that particular case I didn't mind so much though, prince had a lot of annoying mechanics (hence the whole standing in the hallway thing).

ampere

I'd do it just for the RAF'sies.

Lol maybe we could double dual box some dungeons sometime. That 5th person would be confused as hell

Very tempting to buy a second account. I know you can link it to you Bnet account, but you need to pay 2 sub fees for each account.

You can buy a month sub for your new account and get a free month for your main one, I think.

I might buy a few new accounts at just $5 each... dual box RAF can be enjoyable. I just cancel the subs when the link runs out and I'm done with them.

edit: yeah see here
Recruit buys... Veteran player receives...
One month of game time One month of free game time
Two months of game time One of eight epic mounts or pets (their choice)
So you can buy a new account, do RAF with it and dual box and buy another months's sub for that new account basically $5 more than you pay for your account normally. And for the second month you can buy that if you want the mount or pet, effectively making the RAF mounts and pets $20 if you only bought it for the pet/mount.

My battle.net account isn't letting me log in now though. I'm in China for work and even though I have my authenticator it says "you can't log in, try again".

Mothman91

The fuck, are realms down or someshit? Can't connect, and can't even connect to the realm status site.

Edit: Can't connect to battle.net either. I'm guessing everything is down or something.

CassSept

Amazing atmosphere yeah. My first raid, it felt pretty amazing. In the long run I hated it especially after raid bosses started dropping badges and everyone kept grinding the thing, but design-wise it's amazing. Sweet architecture, beautiful music, it was quite something to behold.

"All realities, all dimensions are open"

Ooooh. I thought of the connection between Malchezaar and Gorehowl the day WoD was announced but Blizz kept on insisting that WoD will not have any impact on the past. If he can warp through realities though, that would be a hilarious way to fit Malchezaar dropping Gorehowl into continuity.

Fjordson

Might as well get them if you overflow with justice points. I'm often capped 4000/4000 justice on my toons so I ended up upgrading all the heirlooms
Yeah, this is kinda how I got so many of them. Didn't upgrade any at first, but these days I seem to always have thousands of justice points just collecting dust.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gonna blitz my priest through dungeons entirely to 85. Got the shoulders, robes, head, back, legs and my 9th token for the 9% boost to xp as well.

Anything I'm missing? I didn't bother with the staff since no xp bonus. And I'll join the first 25 guild to get that xp boost.

Fjordson

Lol maybe we could double dual box some dungeons sometime. That 5th person would be confused as hell

You can buy a month sub for your new account and get a free month for your main one, I think.

I might buy a few new accounts at just $5 each... dual box RAF can be enjoyable. I just cancel the subs when the link runs out and I'm done with them.

edit: yeah see here
Recruit buys... Veteran player receives...
One month of game time One month of free game time
Two months of game time One of eight epic mounts or pets (their choice)
So you can buy a new account, do RAF with it and dual box and buy another months's sub for that new account basically $5 more than you pay for your account normally. And for the second month you can buy that if you want the mount or pet, effectively making the RAF mounts and pets $20 if you only bought it for the pet/mount.

My battle.net account isn't letting me log in now though. I'm in China for work and even though I have my authenticator it says "you can't log in, try again".
Wait, wouldn't it be more than $20?

I'm probably dumb and am just missing something here, but wouldn't it be $45 in order to get the mount rewards? Since it's $15 for WoW and MoP plus $30 for the two months of game time you would have to buy on the new account.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So should I just like give up on finding ICC 25 H outside of weekends? Because it seems like the only groups I can ever find are full of DPS with no heal buttons that never end up going, and I'd hate to get saved to a group that can't progress past the second fight.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I'm probably dumb and am just missing something here, but wouldn't it be $45 in order to get the mount rewards? Since it's $15 for WoW and MoP plus $30 for the two months of game time you would have to buy on the new account.

WoW is on sale for $5, MoP for $10 this week.

Jag

I guess you could skip MoP and just pay $35. $5 for the game and 2 months at $30.

Edit: I see now, your main account gets one free month when the new account buys 2 months, so you are saving $15 there. But since you are already paying $15 on your main, it comes to $20.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
ZTr50zN.png

I've got more interesting feats of strength but this one will always crack me up forever and for always.

tFeYrnD.jpg

Also this guy would not shut up, he probably spammed this for a good 2 hours last night.

Jag

One more question about RAF. Can you use your existing Battle.net account for the new account or do you need a brand new Bnet?

If you do need a new Bnet account, can you later link the new WoW account to your main Bnet account?

Fjordson

I guess you could skip MoP and just pay $35. $5 for the game and 2 months at $30.

Edit: I see now, your main account gets one free month when the new account buys 2 months, so you are saving $15 there. But since you are already paying $15 on your main, it comes to $20.
Ohh, right. I forgot about the free month. That makes sense.

I'm sort of tempted to do it...would be nice having one of those mounts on my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom