• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocab

What sort of wizardry is this?

A addon that does Cross server raid finders. You can seriously make or join a raid for anything with a name, description, and other criteria. You then wait for people to add them self to your wait list, and then you invite them or get invited. Instead of having access to one server, you have access to many. I use it for flex all the time and have used it to get shards, ordos, Celestial, and nalak when no one else is doing it (try getting nalak on a friday for your legendary cloak, it's impossible without this program).

vocab

Couldn't use oQueue. Shitty interface and I kept getting spammed with contracts, whatever the fuck that is.

The interface is shitty, and i have no idea what the fuck the contracts are. It's not a big deal. I ignore that stuff, and turn Oqueue off when i raid.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sooo the heirloom ele/resto shaman set seems like a big waste.

The only other character that could use it is a different spec of the Shaman you're already playing. The staff has more spellpower than the mh+shield options. You're a caster that's so op due to gear that armor doesn't really matter. A priest, mage, warlock, and balance druid could all use the cloth herilooms instead after you were done.

Tarazet

The only other character that could use it is a different spec of the Shaman you're already playing. The staff has more spellpower than the mh+shield options. You're a caster that's so op due to gear that armor doesn't really matter. A priest, mage, warlock, and balance druid could all use the cloth herilooms instead after you were done.

I leveled up a Paladin, Druid, Shaman, and Monk all with the heirloom cloth and staff. Works great.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Better off just rocking the cloth stuff.

JCizzle

Yup, item squish is already one (or two) expansions late for me, bring back those vanilla stats or/and allow people that want to feel strong show "unsquished" number on the scrolling combat text. Everyone happy.
Also : Garrisons. I want my own Garrison right now.

Did I mention Garrisons ?

I'm on board squish now that they seem fully committed to making sure solo old content isn't impacted. My problem is that it's not going far enough. Still 60k HP to start the expansion, not 6k like vanilla. I fear they will now do linear and not exponential growth between expansions.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Item squish is going to be great for the first half of the expansion but once again blizzard is letting item level inflation go out of control with the upgrade system and the multitudes of different gear options available now.

It's kind of nuts when you really look at it. I think blizz also mentioned about having to do routine squishes which makes the whole thing feel more band aid instead of a clean fix.

sungrassmmsyd.gif

Some heavy duty sungrass

I'm just confused why he has to close the top hatch thing. Is he afraid of the sungrass exploding in his face or something?

Herbs are srs bsns. But let me ask you this, if you were riding in a large Goblin engineered bipedal mech and decided to use its massive buzzsaw that's as large as your body to pick some flowers, wouldn't you want to close the faceplate too? Just in case it explodes and decapitates you or something. Goblins.

Tacitus_

Yay, HC spoils down. 10/14 HC baby.

There won't be warforged, as we know it anyway, or as many difficulties. Inflation will be slower not faster.

? They confirmed warforged + cleave etc as possible bonus rolls on gear and there will be 4 difficulties like now. LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mystic.

I'm on board squish now that they seem fully committed to making sure solo old content isn't impacted. My problem is that it's not going far enough. Still 60k HP to start the expansion, not 6k like vanilla. I fear they will now do linear and not exponential growth between expansions.

You'd gain 1HP per level if they squished it that hard. You're still going to be level 100 for the next expansion.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So my best option at 90 is still to go to timeless isle and scavenge coins and try to find chests? Because I can't do random normal dungeons anymore and specific ones aren't popping for me at all.

Tacitus_

So my best option at 90 is still to go to timeless isle and scavenge coins and try to find chests? Because I can't do random normal dungeons anymore and specific ones aren't popping for me at all.

You should be able to run random heroics until you get bored of them. Though Isle gear will be massively better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well I was able to get a chest, cloak, legs, and gloves out of the Isle today. Even killed Huo.(ie sat there while everyone else killed him). Lots of other DKs on my server today, but I think I'm understanding the isle a little better now.

I also got a bunch of leather/mail tokens. If I don't have a leather/mail alt, what should I do with them?

Well I was able to get a chest, cloak, legs, and gloves out of the Isle today. Even killed Huo.(ie sat there while everyone else killed him). Lots of other DKs on my server today, but I think I'm understanding the isle a little better now.

I also got a bunch of leather/mail tokens. If I don't have a leather/mail alt, what should I do with them?

Vendor them. Disenchant the ones you can convert into gear.

Jag

Open raid is more organized and more time consuming to do from what I gather. Oqueue is the quick and dirty way of getting things done without waiting too long.

Haven't used Oqueue in awhile. Would it be a useful way of farming Garrosh for the Heirloom weapons?

vocab

Haven't used Oqueue in awhile. Would it be a useful way of farming Garrosh for the Heirloom weapons?

Not at all. One, the drop rate is shit, and two the amount of random pugs that can beat garrosh in one shot are low. Maybe in a few months when people get that stuff down.

I haven't played since last December last year. Anyone give me a quick rundown on what's changed? Anything major aside from little bits of content here and there?

Thanks

I haven't played wow seriously since WoTLK (I leveled up in Cata but no real raiding).

Nostalgia is hitting me hard and I really wish Blizzard would release a Vanilla server, since current WoW is a completely different game (yeah I know that's the point of mmos). But would it really hurt to have an old school server? I'm definitely not the only one who wants one...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I haven't played wow seriously since WoTLK (I leveled up in Cata but no real raiding).

Nostalgia is hitting me hard and I really wish Blizzard would release a Vanilla server, since current WoW is a completely different game (yeah I know that's the point of mmos). But would it really hurt to have an old school server? I'm definitely not the only one who wants one...

The % of players who wants to have vanilla servers is insignificant compared to the ones who want actual new content, so it is not worth spending any sort of resources into that. Beside, its mostly outdated content no one except a very small % would actually want to play after trying current WoW.

Jag

Not at all. One, the drop rate is shit, and two the amount of random pugs that can beat garrosh in one shot are low. Maybe in a few months when people get that stuff down.

Yeah, I'll probably wait until before the Xpac. Hopefully we'll get another raid buff and he'll be on farm. I didn't know about the bad drop rates. That weap is about the only useful thing going into the next Xpac.

Ultratech

This is sadly true. (Mechanics: How do they work? Part Infinity)

It sounds nice, but would you really want it?

With the broken-ass class balance and faction grinds, among other things?
(Resist gear farming? HELL NO.)

Fjordson

It sounds nice, but would you really want it?

With the broken-ass class balance and faction grinds, among other things?
(Resist gear farming? HELL NO.)
This.

Most aspects of the game are simply superior to what they were in vanilla. I can see why some prefer the old days creatively, because of lore or the look of certain zones or whatever, but mechanically? I just think the game plays so much better right now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ok, I need someone to clear something up for me. It's Transmog related.

I just finished ICC where I got one of those tokens you turn in to get an armor piece. I'm trying to get to this, but it wants both the token and something that has the exact same name at a lower item level. Where do I get this exact same thing? I see it in the same vendor, but it's blue. Do I have to buy the blue 251 version with Justice points and THEN use the token with it t o get the red/heroic version?

If I'm understanding this right, I have to get the justice points to get the basic shoulders. THEN the token from the non-heroic 10 or 25 man version to get that version THEN I use the heroic token + that to get the heroic version? So I'm going to end up going through 2 pairs of shoulders before I get the third?

Ok, now I'm extra confused. I went to void storage. I previously had a pair of pants transmog'd but replaced them with an upgrade which wasn't transmogd. The pants are now gone from my void storage(along with the other stuff I transmog'd) and they don't show up on my transmog sheet. Where the hell did they go? Did they stick with the item instead of acting like an 'enchant'? Do you have to farm transmog sets EVERY time you upgrade a piece?

Jaykay

If I'm understanding this right, I have to get the justice points to get the basic shoulders. THEN the token from the non-heroic 10 or 25 man version to get that version THEN I use the heroic token + that to get the heroic version? So I'm going to end up going through 2 pairs of shoulders before I get the third?

If my memory of the ICC tier serves me correct, this is indeed what you'll have to do to get the heroic piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom