• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally completed honored with Bloodsail Buccaneers, was my last rep for insane in the membrane... or so I thought.. achievment is bugged so now when I track it it says that I'm missing Everlook all of a sudden.. I know I havent missed anything, fu blizzard.

mclem

There's no reason to believe it would. Plagued/Black proto are the only achievement mounts that were ever removed.

Well, independently of achievement mounts, there's the mounts with special drop criteria which only drop singly so you still need to win the roll; Amani Warbear, Swift Alliance Steed, that sort of thing.

ZenaxPure

K guys, I ressubed again, how do I get got gear for my mage or good trinkets since I still stuck with LFR trinkets

Run around the timeless isle, get free shit. Can get one trinket from there as well (though not sure if it's good for mages or anything). After that only realistic upgrades will be from SoO.

Edit: Decided to read through the thread since it's still early and on the topic of books, they need to do something on the scale of the cata launch event again! Even though there was a (great) book that explained the transition from wrath to cata, one of the lesser appreciated aspects of it was how they tried to tie your character into the story as well. Like giving the tablet to King Magni, the book just says that a random alliance hero gives it to him, and hey there was a quest in game where we gave it to him! Shit like that was awesome and I want to see it happen again.

ZenaxPure

wait what!?

when did this happen

In the main comic book series Varian teams up with Varian and random stormwind knights to slay Onyxia and put his body back together. Once you get past the whole retconning part, it was actually a pretty cool chapter. I especially enjoyed the drawing of them carrying the decapitated head back to Stormwind because everything is overly large in that comic series for no reason, so the head was massive.

I'm just looking forward to WoD so I can go back and finally solo ICC 25 man for shadowfrost shards. My guild at the time fell apart when I was on the shard phase. I need 48 more.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'm just looking forward to WoD so I can go back and finally solo ICC 25 man for shadowfrost shards. My guild at the time fell apart when I was on the shard phase. I need 48 more.

ICC25 is 2 or 3 manable in timeless gear right now dude, just get 2 dps and an elemental shaman or some one who can off heal.

Salamando

Run around the timeless isle, get free shit. Can get one trinket from there as well (though not sure if it's good for mages or anything). After that only realistic upgrades will be from SoO.

Edit: Decided to read through the thread since it's still early and on the topic of books, they need to do something on the scale of the cata launch event again! Even though there was a (great) book that explained the transition from wrath to cata, one of the lesser appreciated aspects of it was how they tried to tie your character into the story as well. Like giving the tablet to King Magni, the book just says that a random alliance hero gives it to him, and hey there was a quest in game where we gave it to him! Shit like that was awesome and I want to see it happen again.

The topic of awesome launch events should begin and end with the Wrath launch event. Hordes of player controlled Zombies laying seige to Stormwind/Shattrah/Orgrimmar...the Arcanite Ripper was available...stopping Scourge Necropli all over azeroth (yeah, this was recycled from Naxx launch...still fun).

ZenaxPure

The topic of awesome launch events should begin and end with the Wrath launch event. Hordes of player controlled Zombies laying seige to Stormwind/Shattrah/Orgrimmar...the Arcanite Ripper was available...stopping Scourge Necropli all over azeroth (yeah, this was recycled from Naxx launch...still fun).

Apples and oranges. They were explicitly talking about story related stuff.

All you needed to know for WOTLK was "Hey I'm Arthas and I'm gonna fuck shit up." Which the recycled Naxx event was good enough to display. However, there was a lot more going on in the wrath -> cata transition (Major leadership changes in both factions, old characters like Malfurion coming back, Tauren losing half their population, etc) and the the cata -> MoP transition (Deaths of multiple major characters, events surrounding Theramore, Blue dragonflight shit, more terrible romantic choices on Jaina's part, and so on). The cata one even without reading the book you could have a good understanding of what was going on through the daily quest chains. The MoP one, though, was a colossal failure as evidenced of the entire past year people coming into this thread asking what the hell happened during/with the Theramore scenario.

You can solo it right now easily. I farmed my Shadowmourne on my DK back in sub 500 gear. You can do most fights on heroic too, though do Marrowgar/Deathwhisper on normal so you can still switch to 10 for Gunship, unless you have someone you can bring with you to do 25. Also if you can't get a healer for Valithria, do Saurfang normal, and you can solo Valithria 10 man with bloodworms, lol (assuming you're a DK).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
/played 7 hours 23 minutes
Level 35. And that's WITH a lot of wasted time.

RAF is pretty useful. We got about 5 levels in a WC run.

Das Ace

Just got to Outlands on my hunter alt.

More than ever I'm missing instant tank and healer queues. I did not miss Hellfire ganking at all. If I could tank as my hunter I would :C

Khezu

Really digging the changes to warlocks in MoP.

They actually managed to make Destruction fun, before it always felt very half baked, now it feels like a fully realized class.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Just got to Outlands on my hunter alt.

More than ever I'm missing instant tank and healer queues.
Hey, this is me.

I played for twelve and a half straight hours today

CassSept

BRRRAAAAAAIIIINSSSS

I.e. the awesomest event in the history of WoW ruined by masses of whining players who could not bear a week of one-of-a-kind event. I had so much fun while it lasted, damn

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Didn't that event also have like 20 level higher undead mobs in Tanaris that would kill leveling characters instantly as well though? And it's like they could appear anywhere

ampere

I dualboxed RAF prior to MoP for level grants for my Monk. It was pretty crazy I think it took 18 hours /played for 1-80 with two prot paladins. Was basically beast mode, double avenger's shields going off, healers did not know which paladin was the tank lol. Did it again with two prot warriors a bit faster

Was actually a lot of fun, worth the $5 if they discount WoW to $5 again sometime

Khezu

I dualboxed RAF prior to MoP for level grants for my Monk. It was pretty crazy I think it took 18 hours /played for 1-80 with two prot paladins. Was basically beast mode, double avenger's shields going off, healers did not know which paladin was the tank lol. Did it again with two prot warriors a bit faster

Was actually a lot of fun, worth the $5 if they discount WoW to $5 again sometime

I dualboxed a warrior and a pally together when I did the RAF for the Zebra mount a couple expansions ago when ever it was a thing.

Was a lot of fun controlling two characters with one keyboard.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's a lot of fun but I think questing is kind of useless because we outlevel zones so quickly. It's a lot more time on mounts than questing which is why I'm thinking of just doing dungeons all the way to 60.

Also, my brother's completely new to WoW so he knows basically nothing. He keeps using Arcane Explosion when there's two mobs. I keep telling him 'just spam fireball and pyro when it procs'

Rokam

So did those transmog helmets just not sell? I don't think I've seen anyone wearing them on Stormrage. I was just looking through some helmets for transmog and had completely forgot about them.

CassSept

So did those transmog helmets just not sell? I don't think I've seen anyone wearing them on Stormrage. I was just looking through some helmets for transmog and had completely forgot about them.

I remember seeing a lot of them when they were released but I guess the novelty wore off. The price point means who wanted to buy it bought it upfront and I doubt they had much legs, but that's just my speculation.

Das Ace

I see them everywhere on Frostmourne. Everytime I mosey around Elweyn I see a couple of people leveling with them on.

Dawg

I don't see the point in buying one of those helms except if you have a really good transmog sit it fits with.

And again, the ease of access makes it less interesting. I prefer having a really cool transmog set with low droprate in raids/dungeons, at least I feel kinda unique then.

Fjordson

I don't see too many on Sargeras.

Honestly, I don't see too many of any of the store items. The one I probably see most often is the Winged Guardian mount.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everyone wears the cash shop items for the first month then never again because you realize you bought something from the cash shop.

I use my little Pandaren Monk companion every so often though.

Dawg

I only use the pets from the various collector editions.

They're always so cool :3

I'm currently addicted to pet battles and collecting

You can solo it right now easily. I farmed my Shadowmourne on my DK back in sub 500 gear. You can do most fights on heroic too, though do Marrowgar/Deathwhisper on normal so you can still switch to 10 for Gunship, unless you have someone you can bring with you to do 25. Also if you can't get a healer for Valithria, do Saurfang normal, and you can solo Valithria 10 man with bloodworms, lol (assuming you're a DK).

I'd love to find a few people to it with but my guild is on hiatus until WoD and pugs on my server blow. :(

I may try it for fun though and see how far I can get. I think my gear score is 510. Might have to farm timeless items and some LFR

Ultratech

I remember seeing a lot of them when they were released but I guess the novelty wore off. The price point means who wanted to buy it bought it upfront and I doubt they had much legs, but that's just my speculation.

That's about what I remember.

I don't hardly see any of 'em now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Melee dps in a dungeon is so much more chaotic than ranged dps.

'Fuck he's cycloning? Wait no hes just shooting fire out, but it's the same animation? Damnit the ghoul's in the way, damnit the hunter's pet is in the way, damnit the gargoyle is in the way. Now he's out of range? Where's the healer?'

On my Ele Shaman
'Big ring of fire? Moves slightly to the left'

Tacitus_

Wheee, Malkorok HC down. Took way too much work as we kept making stupid mistakes, but when it clicked it was a nice kill.

Touchdown

Banned
So who bought the new enchanted fey dragon mount? :p I'm debating wether to get it or not. Being that the money goes to charity makes it more tempting.

Melee dps in a dungeon is so much more chaotic than ranged dps.

'Fuck he's cycloning? Wait no hes just shooting fire out, but it's the same animation? Damnit the ghoul's in the way, damnit the hunter's pet is in the way, damnit the gargoyle is in the way. Now he's out of range? Where's the healer?'

On my Ele Shaman
'Big ring of fire? Moves slightly to the left'

You learn to get very good at clicking nameplates as melee.

So who bought the new enchanted fey dragon mount? :p I'm debating wether to get it or not. Being that the money goes to charity makes it more tempting.

Unless it changed none of the money for the mount goes to charity, just the new pet. If you buy the bundle for the mount and the pet it still has $5 go to charity.

strafer

They say I'm 'lovestruck,' whatever that means.

Sure, I spend my every waking moment thinking about Syurna. Sure, my home is full of paintings and drawings of Syurna. Sure, I often go days without eating, sleeping, or drinking, while I lament about the love we could have had. Is that so wrong?

Now she won't see me! ME! I've tried sending her messages but she won't even talk to another person unless they are a rogue.

Could you deliver this flower to her? Don't forget to tell her it's from Jannok.

JCizzle

I'm getting tired of my fury warrior (I don't find the 'pool rage & abilities until CS and go crazy for 5 seconds' play style all that fun), so I'm leveling my long forgotten Ret. I feel so dirty because I've avoided my paladin for years due to how overpopulated the class is. Reminds me a bit of my enhance shaman though, which is a good thing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They say I'm 'lovestruck,' whatever that means.

Sure, I spend my every waking moment thinking about Syurna. Sure, my home is full of paintings and drawings of Syurna. Sure, I often go days without eating, sleeping, or drinking, while I lament about the love we could have had. Is that so wrong?

Now she won't see me! ME! I've tried sending her messages but she won't even talk to another person unless they are a rogue.

Could you deliver this flower to her? Don't forget to tell her it's from Jannok.

ralph-wiggum-for-president.jpg

I'm getting tired of my fury warrior (I don't find the 'pool rage & abilities until CS and go crazy for 5 seconds' play style all that fun), so I'm leveling my long forgotten Ret. I feel so dirty because I've avoided my paladin for years due to how overpopulated the class is. Reminds me a bit of my enhance shaman though, which is a good thing.

That play style makes old solo content fun, but for regularly raid style play it is kind of boring.

I just recently fired up my ret paly again, and I must be doing something wrong, or forgetting something, cause his DPS is shit.

vocab

I'd love to find a few people to it with but my guild is on hiatus until WoD and pugs on my server blow. :(

I may try it for fun though and see how far I can get. I think my gear score is 510. Might have to farm timeless items and some LFR

Use oqueue. Icc groups all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom