• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Anybody have any experience or know a good place to go for information on Moonkin pvping? I'm a guardian tank in pve and have been since wrath but only NOW am i dipping my feet in the pvp world and want to try boomkin out.

Rokam

I'm just jazzed that my night elf now actually gets some benefit from her race.

The cooldown thing sounds cool, but I'm worried that it sounds like they're making every class simpler to play. Between that and making DOT snapshotting obsolete, all you'll really need to know is your priority/rotation.

Well to be fair watching for trinket procs and lining up cooldowns (aka watching timers) isn't exactly stellar gameplay. I may be in the minority on that though, but I just hate classes where you're timer watching.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well to be fair watching for trinket procs and lining up cooldowns (aka watching timers) isn't exactly stellar gameplay. I may be in the minority on that though, but I just hate classes where you're timer watching.

No, you're absolutely right. It's one of the reasons I couldn't be fucked to play Affliction at all this expansion, as the spec pretty much requires that to be effective.

Khezu

I loved affliction in vanilla and TBC.

Unstable affliction and Haunt kinda made it unfun for me.

I would give it another try but it seems like it's not viable unless you have really good gear, and not just raidfinder garbage that I will be stuck with forever.

Anybody have any experience or know a good place to go for information on Moonkin pvping? I'm a guardian tank in pve and have been since wrath but only NOW am i dipping my feet in the pvp world and want to try boomkin out.

Moonkin pvp is why I gave up on pvp. That was in Cata though, not sure what they're like now.

Salamando

It's currently the only thing that makes Shadow interesting. Otherwise all I'd be doing is mashing on Mind Flay waiting for Mind Blast to come off cooldown, casting my dots once every 16 seconds or so.

I'm going to laugh so hard if the new male Draeneis end up being the most attractive male model when they add them.

This is going to happen.

Considering that female Draenei are already the best/most attractive female race, it makes the most sense.

Though the new human female runs a close second. Looks great.

Berordn

Not everything is a raid boss. Sometimes you want to split your CDs because one is more flexible and the other just adds a multiplier to your DPS so yeah duh it's a button to press during burst periods. This is definitely the case with Shadow Blades vs. other rogue CDs. Proving Grounds, Challenge Modes, Brawler's Guild and PvP just got a lot less interesting.

Did they actually say anything about removing survivability/utlity-esque cooldowns from Rogues though? They're axing Shadow Blades because it shares too much of a niche that the spec-specific cooldowns do, but if they're keeping tricks and decoupling the DPS increase from it, it seems like they don't want to gut that kind of utility. But I don't really know enough about rogues to comment on that further.

I was more talking about how ret stacks Avenging Wrath/Holy Avenger/Guardian of Ancient Kings. They provide little utility on their own and have such great synergy that I never want to cast them without each other that they might as well be one button.

This is so confusing.

My rotations are mostly spot-on, but simulationcraft is putting me at 232k. I'm at 190k at ilvl 548. I know simulationcraft is like saying that's you having zero mistakes, but it just seems like such a huge gap. But then when I'm looking at logs from normal last night, I outdpsed the Warlock by a good margin on half the fights and he's got 10 ilvls and a cloak on me

Mmm, for that iLevel your actual DPS seems about on par. With better weapons and/or trinkets alone, or 4-piece tier bonus if you don't have it, you'd easily see your DPS jump by 10-20k. And the cloak of course is anywhere between a 7%-10% or so boost as well once you finish it.

The lock just might be bad if he has a higher iLevel and is playing Destro but you're still beating him.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Haven't played in awhile. Getting some gear on timeless isle. How often can I loot all these chests?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This Silithid mount makes me think they should add a flying buy mount for WoD.

Haven't played in awhile. Getting some gear on timeless isle. How often can I loot all these chests?

Most of them are just once per toon.
There's 3 weekly ones though.

Rokam

It's currently the only thing that makes Shadow interesting. Otherwise all I'd be doing is mashing on Mind Flay waiting for Mind Blast to come off cooldown, casting my dots once every 16 seconds or so.

Shadow needs sprucing up, just got my 2nd one to 90, hadn't played since they added insanity and nerfed the glyph for insta cast MB's... feels crappy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Were Ravagers on Draenor prior to it ripping apart? I'd love to see HD Ravagers for hunters.

I've been trying to stick to an alien/bug aesthetic for my Draenei hunter, and I'd love to see some more creatures like that instead of MORE cats.

Berordn

Were Ravagers on Draenor prior to it ripping apart? I'd love to see HD Ravagers for hunters.

I've been trying to stick to an alien/bug aesthetic for my Draenei hunter, and I'd love to see some more creatures like that instead of MORE cats.

The Draenei took some with them on the Exodar, so I imagine they're a native species alongside the elekks.

Ultratech

Oh man, the RNG God smiled on us in ICC today.

Got 11(!) Shards from bosses, and Invincible dropped from LK!

Sadly, I didn't win the mount (a Lock did), but it was a wild run.

Jack_AG

Banned
Dammit I just re subbed. I played MoP for a month and wasn't feeling it but now I just feel that WoW itch. Will probably resurrect my Warlock from lvl 60 since I have no clue how they play with all the changes. Was my main in Vanilla. Been a long time.

Khezu

Yay finally got pandarian ambassador.

The Anglers felt like they took forever. Especially since I didn't have any skill or patience for fishing.

orc females have the best casting animations.

Orc females have the best everything. Master race/sex combo, the only other one that does every animation well and looks good in every armor type is female nelves. Male undead get 3rd.

Only problem with fem orcs is they look horrible in kilts/dresses because of how they go very wide then back in, hope they fix it for WoD.

But orc females are meant to wear pants anyways. If I had the money to waste and didn't have to go alliance all my chars would be fem orcs and fem nelves.

Also lol @ insecure belf haters.

Fjordson

Finished my first transmog set. Think it looks pretty decent actually.

wowscrnshot_030114_18tsqrc.jpg

I apologize for how crummy the game looks. Have to use mostly low settings when I'm on my laptop :lol

knicks

I seriously cannot believe what they are doing with this game.

The fact that you are able to purchase level 90 toons for a measly $60. This whole state change/removal of skills is so fucked. How do you guys still play this game knowing full well that they are milking you for all that it is worth?

How on earth they have a community that defends all of these actions....it's like Republican voters. It don't matter what crazy thing their candidate is going to say next. They agree with it regardless. Ya have to be full of yourself to say any of this is for the best.

Again, it is fucked. This next expansion is going to be a joke.

Tamanon

Banned

The fact that you are able to purchase level 90 toons for a measly $60. This whole state change/removal of skills is so fucked. How do you guys still play this game knowing full well that they are milking you for all that it is worth?

How on earth they have a community that defends all of these actions....it's like Republican voters. It don't matter what crazy thing their candidate is going to say next. They agree with it regardless. Ya have to be full of yourself to say any of this is for the best.

I think you're in the wrong thread. This isn't the "straw man" thread.

Khezu

What's wrong with the removal of skills?

It has to happen sooner or later for the future of the game

Berordn

What's wrong with the removal of skills?

It has to happen sooner or later for the future of the game

I mean, it's kind of awful that it's come to this, but it had to happen and this won't even be the first time. Button bloat is a real thing.

The thing to watch will be what they end up removing.

Jack_AG

Banned
I mean, it's kind of awful that it's come to this, but it had to happen and this won't even be the first time. Button bloat is a real thing.

The thing to watch will be what they end up removing.
I would personally have fewer buttons that are more meaningful and unique than more buttons "because". At least that's my take. Make buttons have a purpose and not just there to hit because you have to. I'd like to see more design changes that focus on decision making in combat instead of mindless priority lists - would add more depth and a better ebb and flow to combat if the game introduced a bit more consequence for button presses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom