• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a couple weeks of stalls due to our healer kind of going MIA, we got another and picked up steam on challenge modes again. Got 3 done this weekend, only 3 left for the BEST ARMOR SET IN THE GAME(tm)

My group has four left. Progress has been glacial since we only go one/week. Probably the only thing left in game I still enjoy doing.

So I just prospected something like 2k worth of Ghost Iron Ore (1000) and raw, without transmuting any gems, I'm pretty sure I got less than that value back. Or very close to less. Damn these deflated gem prices!

Berordn

So I just prospected something like 2k worth of Ghost Iron Ore (1000) and raw, without transmuting any gems, I'm pretty sure I got less than that value back. Or very close to less. Damn these deflated gem prices!

They're still rising a bit on my server, but that market's sure to burst soon.

StMeph

Got lucky with a Huolon kill over the weekend and the Reins dropped. I like seeing others on Cloud Serpents, but when I'm mounted on one, the huge motions when slithering/flying are kind of off-putting.

Still need to chase down Baron's Deathcharger before WoD, given the expected amount of time that's going to be spent on a ground mount.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've never leveled something just for aesthetic reasons...

But I kind of want to level a shaman, get Dark Shaman transmog, and buy the CE for Storm Crow. That way I have an Orc Shaman on a Kor'kron ground mount in Dark Shaman gear and a flying Storm Crow. How rad would that be on Draenor.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I haven't PVP'd in a long time. Does it get better? Granted I am in LFR gear, but my frostbolts hit most people for 5k and they have 300-500k life.

Seems hard to kill anyone...

ampere

I made a Druid because I kept dying off Aldor Rise and I saw Druids just *poof* and fly away as a bird.

Dat instant cast.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Surely in Draenor, home of the Shaman, Shaman will get flight form finally. Druids have had the monopoly for far too long. Give me Spirit Owl form.

The ugliest set ever?

o_O

tier10_chaman.jpg

This one i mean. I love it in green aura

I like that one ok.

But I think Dark Shaman set is like... one of the best sets they've ever come up with. If not the best.

That looks great too! Its my only reason to resub one more time before WoD

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like that one ok.

But I think Dark Shaman set is like... one of the best sets they've ever come up with. If not the best.

Rokam

Swift Zulian Panther get! Done with ZG, time to move onto farming a new mount.

Also finally settled on a transmog for my paladin, I was switching like every day.

Ceebs

I made a Druid because I kept dying off Aldor Rise and I saw Druids just *poof* and fly away as a bird.

Dat instant cast.

Flight form is the best. I don't like what they did to resto though. Too many buttons and way too much shit to keep track of.

Fjordson

Swift Zulian Panther get! Done with ZG, time to move onto farming a new mount.

Also finally settled on a transmog for my paladin, I was switching like every day.
Looks bad ass. Wish I could find a decent blue set for my hunter.

edit: or is that purple? I can't quite tell for some reason :lol either way, looks great.

Fjordson

Just got into a great Garrosh group. Finally got my Ahead of the Curve achievement and Kor'kron wolf mount and managed to win a tier piece token. Woo!

edit: shit, didn't notice this was a double post :p

Fjordson

I hope blizz permabans all griefers. Just had an Ordos group fail because a Warlock not in group kept pulling up multiple High Priests and wiping us.
That's so annoying. Even when there aren't any griefers people in the raid seemingly always manage to pull a bunch of mobs up there on accident. Bunch of fatties running up there I guess :lol

ampere

Flight form is the best. I don't like what they did to resto though. Too many buttons and way too much shit to keep track of.

I agree. I think resto would be better with a smaller toolkit, hoping the ability pruning they are doing for WoD helps out with that. Though my favorite spec is bear, I had a lot of fun with resto in the past.

Just got into a great Garrosh group. Finally got my Ahead of the Curve achievement and Kor'kron wolf mount and managed to win a tier piece token. Woo!

Congrats. That mount is great as alliance since it's our only available wolf mount.

Lifebloom really doesn't have much of a place anymore but I'll be sad if they remove it. I'm also still pissed at how shit Mushrooms are for moonkin and how good they are for resto this expansion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Enhancement is way different than how it used to be pre-WF.

Cast lightning shield, cast earth shock on CD, auto attack and hope you win.

rip in peace(not really) rockbiter

Mogwai

Got lucky with a Huolon kill over the weekend and the Reins dropped. I like seeing others on Cloud Serpents, but when I'm mounted on one, the huge motions when slithering/flying are kind of off-putting.

Still need to chase down Baron's Deathcharger before WoD, given the expected amount of time that's going to be spent on a ground mount.
Same. Also got the thundering onyx the other day. I keep using my swift flight form anyway. Much less shit in front of me.

I love my enhance shaman something fierce but I think leveling one is very boring pre-Maelstrom Weapon. That's when you actually get some choice and variety in button timing.

I'm always amused the few times I get to break out Rockbiter. The guild I was in during Dragon Soul wasn't all that great and so they relied on an enhance shaman to pull down drakes during the trash before Ultraxion. I'd rockbiter and taunt as often as I could, haha.

I've also saved a few situations in the past by slapping on rockbiter when a tank goes down and becoming a squishy off-tank. Matters how on the ball healers are for it but it's saved some wipes.

Dinged 90 on my Mage. That makes 6.

One thing is damn, do I forget how hard it is to gear up from scratch without Timeless necks and/or rings saved up. Likely gonna have to use Valor or JP on those slots before I'll be able to make it into SoO LFR unless I happen to get lucky with the treasure chest cave and/or Ordos and Celestials. (Did manage to get coins before reset here) Right now he's just at 480 which is enough to get into ToT LFR.

I was thinking I would replace the lock with the mage as my second cloak wearer, but I don't know if it's worth the extra 1-2 weeks of effort just to get him up to par. Maybe it is. PvP gear might do the trick.

Mage needs professions too, compared to the Lock which has his (Tailor/Engineer) maxed out already.

Oh and I did manage to get the Mage in on Ordos and Celestials tonight albeit without coins handy - didn't get anything though.

Fjordson

Congrats. That mount is great as alliance since it's our only available wolf mount.
Ah, I didn't think of that. Pretty awesome.

I'm also glad because the Ahead of the Curve achievement will make it a lot easier to get into SoO pugs. I'm 565 item lvl and know the fights well, but a lot of raid leaders will simply ignore you if you don't have the achievement.

Pffft, Enhancement in TBC was amazing;

Cast WF Totem -> Place Grace of Air Totem for 7 Seconds ; Repeat
Storm Strike on Cool Down -> Earth Shock on Cool Down (for a few patches throwing Flame Shock up made sense dps-wise)
Shamanistic Rage when you needed mana.

There may have been other abilities but Totem Twisting made your rotation a nightmare of fun.

Rokam

Pffft, Enhancement in TBC was amazing;

Cast WF Totem -> Place Grace of Air Totem for 7 Seconds ; Repeat
Storm Strike on Cool Down -> Earth Shock on Cool Down (for a few patches throwing Flame Shock up made sense dps-wise)
Shamanistic Rage when you needed mana.

There may have been other abilities but Totem Twisting made your rotation a nightmare of fun.

As someone who generally hates complicated rotations, because I'm a lazy bastard, totem twisting was super enjoyable. It felt really rewarding as well.

Berordn

Speaking of enhancement... I need 2H back as an option! They do it for frost DKs!

But then they'd have to start making 2H agi weapons that aren't staves. Can't be having that, says the warriors who cling tightly to their maces.

Meanwhile the Paladins are stealing polearms from the Druids.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Our Dark Shamans Heroic was heartbreaking. Giving them another go tonight. 500k guys, 500k!!! We're 3 tanking/3 healing it, man is it rough with only a couple of heroic pieces.

8mJMqJE.jpg

1up

I haven't PVP'd in a long time. Does it get better? Granted I am in LFR gear, but my frostbolts hit most people for 5k and they have 300-500k life.

Seems hard to kill anyone...

You gotta get that honor gear and some pvp power before you are able to hit anyone hard at all.

scoobs

Ya i feel the same way about cloud serpents. They look nice from afar, but riding one is another story. I just built my kiparium rocket and absolutely love it. Working on mount #223 tonight!

Dot50Cal

Banned
Ceebs, enchant a weapon with Enchant Weapon - Elemental Force. That'll get him down :) Tried it with my Warrior.

I have the set, and its ugly as sin imo. Mostly got it because I was farming rep with everyone D:

Ceebs

Ceebs, enchant a weapon with Enchant Weapon - Elemental Force. That'll get him down :) Tried it with my Warrior.

I have the set, and its ugly as sin imo. Mostly got it because I was farming rep with everyone D:

Yeah I know it is awful. That is half the reason to wear it.

educator

Thanks for all the great advice I got a few pages back! I managed to pull through Hellfire and Zangrarmarsh (horrible by all means) and get myself to Nagrand which was absolutely beautiful. I then ran some dungeons mixed with questing and it went way faster than before. I just reached Howling Fjord, and it's stunning. By far the most hyped I've ever been for a zone before, so really looking forward to questing there. The boat ride from Menethil was gorgeous.

Tendo

About two months ago I came into this thread asking for help to remember how to tank after not having played warrior in 4 years and getting ROF'd to 80.

I'm not ready to start tanking LFR. I can do heroics with my eyes closed, but I'm still so scared. Someone hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom