• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whooter

I seriously cannot believe what they are doing with this game.

The fact that you are able to purchase level 90 toons for a measly $60. This whole state change/removal of skills is so fucked. How do you guys still play this game knowing full well that they are milking you for all that it is worth?

How on earth they have a community that defends all of these actions....it's like Republican voters. It don't matter what crazy thing their candidate is going to say next. They agree with it regardless. Ya have to be full of yourself to say any of this is for the best.

Again, it is fucked. This next expansion is going to be a joke.

You must be fun at parties.

Khezu

Will spell cast animations while holding weapons/staves be added with the model rework or considered for the future?
That was seriously considered once (LOOONG ago) and fell off the table; could always come up again

Please do this.

You don't even need to go crazy about it, just two simple staff animations that would be shared across all races.

For directional spells, he lungs the staff forward to shoot a fireball out of it.
For omni spells, he slams the staff on the ground.

Have a toggle to use racial animations or staff animations.

Super simple.

JSoup

Banned
Please do this.

You don't even need to go crazy about it, just two simple staff animations that would be shared across all races.

For directional spells, he lungs the staff forward to shoot a fireball out of it.
For omni spells, he slams the staff on the ground.

Have a toggle to use racial animations or staff animations.

Super simple.

Imagine a mage shooting Pyroblast out of a sword.
Imagine a mage using Arcane Blast by jabbing that same sword in the dirt.
I like these ideas.

Finally did the first two wings of SoO LFR this weekend. Fairly successful with only a couple wipes (once on Sha, once on Nazgrim). With those and a Celestial kill I got four different Hands. Thanks, LFR. I also got a helm which was a decent upgrade (510 to 536 with valor upgrade). And then did Ordos for the first time and got a belt. So some decent upgrades. Still have three things at 510: Both weapons and a trinket. If I push myself I might finish up all of SoO tonight/tomorrow and have a chance for one more weapon and a couple trinkets. Really not sure if I'll do it.

Do Ordos groups only for using the raid add-ons? I think it's Open Queue that's popular? I haven't downloaded any of them but I never see Ordos groups forming which is why I never went before.

Oh, and finally started finding more mysterious camel figurines. Got three wrong ones in the past 24 hours or so. I have to be up to around 30 wrong ones.

Rokam

Productive last couple of days, finally got around to doing Noodle Cart quest line, farmed up the last Skyshard I needed, and most importantly got Crawling Claw!

Is 3 tailors too much? Considering making my Mage a 3rd since it's rather easy to level compared to some other professions. Not sure if such a setup will be nearly as effective in WoD if there isn't as much gating on high value (either though margin or volume) items like Royal Satchels. S'pose switching to something else after the fact wouldn't be too costly either, so I may as well do it.

Need to farm up some herbs so I can have a second (possibly third) alchemist as well.

Besides that, I want a Druid dual-gatherer (mining/herb), but unfortunately that means I can't:

a) Use the boost on it.
b) Ever seriously raid on it (unless profession perks for gathering get a lot better in WoD)

Also considering making the Mage my primary alt in lieu of the Warlock, but it's kind of tough since the lock is already started on the legendary questline and I'm feeling like I only want to do it one more time since you know, it takes about 2.5-3 months, and running LFR twice over each week is far too time consuming - not to mention the valor capping.

Well, mount #203 has been collected. Finally got the Grey Riding Camel in Uldum just now. And that finishes the four world rare spawns with Time-Lost Proto Drake (from TLPD), Phosphorescent Drake (from Aeonaxx), and Subdued Seahorse (from Poseidus).

So glad to be done with that. Wish I had a real count but I know that was well over 20 wrong figurines and likely hit 30+.

That also gets me closer to extinguishing all solo-able mounts left for me. At this point my options are to farm the Emperor Shaohao rep, farm Malygos weekly (which I already do), and do whatever to farm gold to buy expensive mounts (Grand Expedition Yak, Jeweled Onyx Panther, couple expensive engineering, TCG mounts that end up in the AH).

A powerleveling roll on a Twitch stream??

There's a handful of streamers that do gold-farming with Potions of Luck and then have rolls (through an extension on the website) for powerleveling viewers since, why not, they're killing all the mobs anyway, and it doesn't really cost them anything.

Is the $60 considered expensive? I haven't been following too much but I found it pretty reasonable. It takes what, 6, 7 days played to get to 90? That's a whole lot of hours.

/played 1-90 sans-RAF is closer to 2.5 or 3 days with heirlooms and rested bits (I'm assuming not many people straight grind it all in one go), but I was referring to $60 being considering "measly" in general. That's still a good chunk of change that could get you a brand new AAA title, or 4 months of game time, or tons of smaller games, etc.

Maybe if you make good money it's not that much, and compared to the price of the other "services", it's not horrible, but at that price point I wouldn't buy one. And the general consensus seems to be about the same - fine that it's there, but too expensive for most to actually buy. And that's probably for the best.

Sothpaw

/played 1-90 sans-RAF is closer to 2.5 or 3 days with heirlooms and rested bits (I'm assuming not many people straight grind it all in one go), but I was referring to $60 being considering "measly" in general. That's still a good chunk of change that could get you a brand new AAA title, or 4 months of game time, or tons of smaller games, etc.

Maybe if you make good money it's not that much, and compared to the price of the other "services", it's not horrible, but at that price point I wouldn't buy one.

Oh wow leveling has certainly gotten faster. For me though, having a career and kids (plenty of money but zero free time) $60 is easily worth 2.5 days of my time and then some. Great service for the career/family man. Life has changed so much since I was in beta back in 2004...

ampere

Is the $60 considered expensive? I haven't been following too much but I found it pretty reasonable. It takes what, 6, 7 days played to get to 90? That's a whole lot of hours.

You can dualbox with RAF and do 1-85 in 13 hours /played. Two Prot Paladins, one queue as tank and the other as healer. It's actually really fun too! A new account costs $5 when they do the sale things so from that PoV it takes $5 + ~20 something hours to get to 90 that way. Bottom line I think is if you enjoy the leveling experience it's not worth it, but if you hate the leveling experience and have the money then why not.

Oh wow leveling has certainly gotten faster. For me though, having a career and kids (plenty of money but zero free time) $60 is easily worth 2.5 days of my time and then some. Great service for the career/family man. Life has changed so much since I was in beta back in 2004...

Yeah it's not bad if your time is super constrained too. Though on the other had you could just level super gradually if you like leveling. I still love leveling.

The fact that you are able to purchase level 90 toons for a measly $60. This whole state change/removal of skills is so fucked. How do you guys still play this game knowing full well that they are milking you for all that it is worth?

How on earth they have a community that defends all of these actions....it's like Republican voters. It don't matter what crazy thing their candidate is going to say next. They agree with it regardless. Ya have to be full of yourself to say any of this is for the best.

You'll find no shortage of people who think the $60 lv90 boost is a poor deal. Even a cursory reading of the last month's worth of posts would have revealed that. There's no knowing where you got the idea of a community that defends all of these actions if you can't even quote people who fit this crazy mold you're railing against.

Fjordson

Well, mount #203 has been collected. Finally got the Grey Riding Camel in Uldum just now. And that finishes the four world rare spawns with Time-Lost Proto Drake (from TLPD), Phosphorescent Drake (from Aeonaxx), and Subdued Seahorse (from Poseidus).

So glad to be done with that. Wish I had a real count but I know that was well over 20 wrong figurines and likely hit 30+.

That also gets me closer to extinguishing all solo-able mounts left for me. At this point my options are to farm the Emperor Shaohao rep, farm Malygos weekly (which I already do), and do whatever to farm gold to buy expensive mounts (Grand Expedition Yak, Jeweled Onyx Panther, couple expensive engineering, TCG mounts that end up in the AH).
Damn, grats man. That's impressive.

I'm currently doing the Qiraji archaeology mount grind whenever I have the time. I'm sure this'll take me like 500 solves.

Fjordson

I didn't realize how rare my Arch mount was until multiple people in my flex thought I was a Scarab Lord
Yeah, I don't see it all that often. Part of it I think is that archaeology is kinda boring and the Qiraji mount can be a pain in the ass to get. Basically all RNG as far as when it shows up as a Tol'Vir solve I think.

knicks

Wasn't gonna say anything about that post, but this I had to: DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Yes, measly. How does that not compute? That is nothing for a level 90, and it is instant too. Do you have any idea what people used to pay over the internet for a power leveling service? Hundreds....Yes.....Hundreds. And not only would that take weeks to complete, but you're also putting your account at risk.

educator

60 and onwards is going really slow, even though I've never had as many quests to do as I have now. Im lvl 63, but it feels like it's taking forever to progress. Might be because I don't enjoy Zangrarmarsh and Hellfire Peninsula.

Has anyone else felt the same thing?

Tamanon

Banned
60 and onwards is going really slow, even though I've never had as many quests to do as I have now. Im lvl 63, but it feels like it's taking forever to progress. Might be because I don't enjoy Zangrarmarsh and Hellfire Peninsula.

Do each dungeon at least once. They're pretty quick and give great XP for those levels. Then skip zones, at 63 you can be in Terrokar, 64 Nagrand. A little more variety.

educator

Do each dungeon at least once. They're pretty quick and give great XP for those levels. Then skip zones, at 63 you can be in Terrokar, 64 Nagrand. A little more variety.

I'll try that. I had a blast from 1-58, so Im looking forward to hitting 68 and going to Northrend!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kinda hitting that phase of WoW playing where I just want to get on to raid. I've got most the mounts I want, I don't need to do flex or LFR anymore, and I don't care that much about the heirloom weapon. Only thing left on my main to do is level engineering and... ugh.

No real interest in gearing the alts. Just get on and do transmog weeklies on them.

Windam

Scaley member

Believe me, you're not alone. I loved everything up to 60, and from 60-onwards I felt kind of underwhelmed. Heirlooms made it go by much quicker the second time around, though.

Ceebs

For me it comes down to the vibe of the zones. I hate Hellfire Peninsula with a passion. It's visually boring and sparse. Just be glad you never have to step foot in Shadowmoon Valley or Blade's Edge Mountains ever again.

Also I resubbed this month to finish leveling my Paladin. Been running around soloing old content for gear mostly which has been a good bit of fun. Sunwell Plateau is still pretty tricky to solo it turns out at only ilevel 499. Took 3 shots to take down Brutallus, and only managed with every Ret cooldown I had. The Twins was kinda hairy for a bit as well.

Aylinato

I love Nagrand. Isn't there a zone with a similar name in the next xpac?

there are like two grass zones in WoTLK, the one with the two factions, and the other with the keep in it. IDK about cata cause I skipped that, and the farming area would be the same as Nagrand

there are like two grass zones in WoTLK, the one with the two factions, and the other with the keep in it. IDK about cata cause I skipped that, and the farming area would be the same as Nagrand

Borean Tundra was half grass, Howling Fjord, Grizzly Hills was mostly grassy, and Scholazar Basin which was tropical. Most of the Cata zones were... strange. Deepholm was technically underground, Vashjir was underwater, Hyjal was half volcanic half forest, Uldum was a desert, and Twilight Highlands was a little bit of everything.

In WoD?

Yes, it's actually just Nagrand, but from the past, in an alternate dimension.

Next expansion is weird.

Yea I had a hard time explaining it to my room mates when it was first announced. "It's Draenor which is now Outlands from the past, with characters from the past, but it's not in the same timeline, it's more like an alternate dimension, so it doesn't mess up the events in present day Azeroth."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just killed Garrosh. Got an essence, the mount and title.

Got carried so bad. lol my dps was like shitty 140k on that fight. Not sure why.

Roman, I'll be back on to finish our ludicrous farm here in the next few weeks. Things are hectic at work.

I really want to get into a flex and kill Garrosh. I want that two hander.

Any word about the expansion date?

ampere

I love Nagrand. Isn't there a zone with a similar name in the next xpac?

In WoD?

Next expansion is weird.

Yeah it's the same place and it's kind of weird. I'm happy have a 'new' Nagrand with better textures and all, but I hope the give it a good treatment and a new feeling of excitement.

The time travel stuff is a bit odd, but I suppose you have to do something of that nature when trying to do a 'throwback' expansion for an MMO. Like if Halo were an MMO and Reach was an expansion, they'd have had to do something similar.

Any word about the expansion date?
Nope, no word on beta date even.

Just killed Garrosh. Got an essence, the mount and title.

Got carried so bad. lol my dps was like shitty 140k on that fight. Not sure why.

Do you get the mount and title on Flex or just Normal? Curious how much effort I should put into getting into a Flex group.

I'm assuming it's Normal only? And seemingly the mount and title will remain until the pre-expansion mount (which is fair to say is at least four+ months away)?

Ultratech

Do you get the mount and title on Flex or just Normal? Curious how much effort I should put into getting into a Flex group.

I'm assuming it's Normal only? And seemingly the mount and title will remain until the pre-expansion mount (which is fair to say is at least four+ months away)?

Mount and Title are from beating Normal, which I still need to do somehow. :(

At this point, either my Hunter or DK would be more than capable of doing Garrosh on Normal.

Just gotta find a group that can actually do it...

Mannnnn.

I want to get a second cloak on at least one character but I don't know if I have the patience to grind out the LFRs required each week. S'pose once I get past the first bits it won't be as bad.

Still thinking about switching my Mage to my primary alt once he dings 90. The Warlock is wearing on me a bit.

Prologue

In WoD?

Next expansion is weird.

Thats awesome. Might have to come back just to experience that particular content again. Noticed Shadow Moon Valley is back though :(

Just beat normal Garrosh tonight with a different guild and got the mount and title. I've been really bipolar lately and felt like the last 2 wipes were my fault, so it was great to kill him as I was getting really depressed.

Khezu

I hated Ashes of Alar at first because of all the purple strands in my face, but once I got used to it, it's probably one of the better mounts in the game.

It's very cool looking with out being overdesigned like a lot mounts, and it's not obnoxiously big.

Would go great with my fire mage, if mages were fun, and fire was viable.

Shahadan

Yea I had a hard time explaining it to my room mates when it was first announced. "It's Draenor which is now Outlands from the past, with characters from the past, but it's not in the same timeline, it's more like an alternate dimension, so it doesn't mess up the events in present day Azeroth."

I think the easiest way to accept it is to assume Time is planet based. Thus going back in time on Draenor does not influence Azeroth and its people in any way until the Iron Horde reopens the dark portal on their side at the start of WoD.

It's stupid, but whatever. If you accept that apparently each world has its own time in the warcraft universe, then it's ok :lol:
TBH I can accept that, but the most stupid part will come from the burning legion and kiljaeden. No way they can make sense out of that.

Khezu

Do you fly slower when alt tabbed?

Maybe I'm going crazy, but when I turn on auto run and alt tab to go do something else, when I come back, It doesn't seem like I have moved that far compared to how long I was gone.

Is it like a recent thing? This is the first time I have really noticed it.

Do you fly slower when alt tabbed?

Maybe I'm going crazy, but when I turn on auto run and alt tab to go do something else, when I come back, It doesn't seem like I have moved that far compared to how long I was gone.

Is it like a recent thing? This is the first time I have really noticed it.

I noticed it at least a year or two ago. I'm pretty sure I was aware it happened pre-MoP. I always wanted to see what I look like on a roommate's computer but never bothered to coordinate it just to see me fly at a walking speed.

I actually play in a window now and that was a small part of the reason for it.

I think the easiest way to accept it is to assume Time is planet based. Thus going back in time on Draenor does not influence Azeroth and its people in any way until the Iron Horde reopens the dark portal on their side at the start of WoD.

It's stupid, but whatever. If you accept that apparently each world has its own time in the warcraft universe, then it's ok :lol:
TBH I can accept that, but the most stupid part will come from the burning legion and kiljaeden. No way they can make sense out of that.

I would say even that is a bit sloppy. I just say it's an alternative universe/timeline. It's quick and covers the basics. The idea of time being planet based is messy, that's why Outlands should have gotten a revamp as well since the storyline officially makes no sense (1-60 Cata revamp is after Arthas died, then you go to Outlands to fight Illidan, then Northrend to fight Arthas, then back to after Arthas died until Mists which is after Deathwing falls).

Shahadan

I would say even that is a bit sloppy. I just say it's an alternative universe/timeline. It's quick and covers the basics. The idea of time being planet based is messy, that's why Outlands should have gotten a revamp as well since the storyline officially makes no sense (1-60 Cata revamp is after Arthas died, then you go to Outlands to fight Illidan, then Northrend to fight Arthas, then back to after Arthas died until Mists which is after Deathwing falls).

Well Nozdormu never references other worlds when he speaks about time and his control over it afaik, and the warcraft universe (the universe itself I mean) is largely undetailled and even the Twisting Nether is never properly defined so I guess they could establish time is world based if they want to.
Wouldn't be the first time in fiction.
It depends on whether they're going to explain what happened or just never bother mentioning it again after the first quest. (I fully expect the latter option tbh, maybe it's for the best.)

I think they've said at Blizzcon that Outland could be now accessed by Caverns of Time though, but they weren't sure, which conflicts with that theory, although honestly it should have been that way since Wotlk/Cataclysm.
They could just have added a few infinite dragonflight mobs here and there and thrown a bullshit line about having to ensure BC have to have happened or some shit when you get to 58 and it would have done the trick.

One thing is sure though : they're undecided about the specifics. So basically even them don't know what the fuck it's all about. First they talked about entering the portal (now red) then entering Draenor via the Chronal Spire somewhere else (lol) and then talked about investigating Karazhan in the WoD pre event (and then decided not to, of course, why do something awesome that could have added some sense to the whole story and an interesting use of one of the most fascinating place in all warcraft) so I'm not even sure how the fuck we're supposed to go on Draenor.

This is one kickass Moonkin:

tcg-series8-140-full2zfvo.jpg

Update the Tauren Moonkin to look like this please.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
After a couple weeks of stalls due to our healer kind of going MIA, we got another and picked up steam on challenge modes again. Got 3 done this weekend, only 3 left for the BEST ARMOR SET IN THE GAME(tm)

ampere

OK, what if you wanted to do a Warlock or a Hunter? Or hell, even a Druid?

I've personally done dual Prot Pallies (twice), dual Disc Priest (twice) and dual Prot Warriors once, sometimes with one of the Warriors going fury.

The problem with Warlock or Hunter would be queue times. I leveled the above pairs doing almost 100% dungeons after hitting level 15, and some of the queue times get nasty while leveling if you don't have a tank or healer. If you did Druid and you had at least one Bear (rawr), then it'd work well.

The first time I did Disc Priests was without heirlooms but during the Penance bug so my two holy wizards were decimating everything and beating heirloom tanks in damage. Was hilarious.

Oh yeah and my quick 1-85 time was also with full heirlooms (minus the fishing ring) on both toons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom