• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggzy

6ovi8N4.gif

flex and lfr immerseus every week on my lock and still nothing

Is this a good trinket? I just got it on my first run through SoO LFR on my ele shaman :x

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is this a good trinket? I just got it on my first run through SoO LFR on my ele shaman :x

It's pretty much best trinket for all casters, ESPECIALLY ele shaman.

StMeph

I've read various numbers online, but haven't found anything definitive. What's the drop rate for loot in LFR/Flex? For bonus rolls? And then for Garrosh heirlooms in Flex+?

Berordn

I've read various numbers online, but haven't found anything definitive. What's the drop rate for loot in LFR/Flex? For bonus rolls? And then for Garrosh heirlooms in Flex+?

I don't think anyone's ever mathed out LFR drops, but based on entirely anecdotal evidence 25%-33% seems to be in the ballpark for personal loot. About seven to eight people typically get Garrosh heirlooms every week in our 25, anyway.

Giggzy

For comparison, Thok's Tail Tip (the STR version of the same trinket), even the LFR one, is only slightly worse than the Heroic Warforged STR trinket off Paragons.

Well then, I feel pretty damn lucky. My shaman has been getting drops like crazy since hitting 90. I catapulted up to 518 iLvL within a week and a half. Nearly every boss I've killed has dropped something, and when I use my bonus roll I've been lucky enough to get another item on top, not even a duplicate.

On the other hand, my warrior has gotten nothing but gold even with bonus rolls. I just got the Avengers Trillium belt and leggings though so at least she's got something. Is it worth spending gold on a Reborn weapon from the AH? I really need an upgrade as the best I have right now is the 450 sword from the Arena scenario

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well then, I feel pretty damn lucky. My shaman has been getting drops like crazy since hitting 90. I catapulted up to 518 iLvL within a week and a half. Nearly every boss I've killed has dropped something, and when I use my bonus roll I've been lucky enough to get another item on top, not even a duplicate.

On the other hand, my warrior has gotten nothing but gold even with bonus rolls. I just got the Avengers Trillium belt and leggings though so at least she's got something. Is it worth spending gold on a Reborn weapon from the AH? I really need an upgrade as the best I have right now is the 450 sword from the Arena scenario

Try to get 20000 Timeless Coins. You can buy a 489 2h weapon that way. It doesn't take that long... just hunt for rares and chests, kill Evermaw and the Ghost ship as much as you can since they both drop over 1000 coins, and do the daily 20 elites for another 1000 coins every day. The first few non-daily quests on Timeless Isle can be enough to start you around 5000 coins.

StMeph

I don't think anyone's ever mathed out LFR drops, but based on entirely anecdotal evidence 25%-33% seems to be in the ballpark for personal loot. About seven to eight people typically get Garrosh heirlooms every week in our 25, anyway.

Yeah, most figures I've seen online give a 25% drop rate for items in LFR/Flex. Heirlooms are a bit muddier.

Try to get 20000 Timeless Coins. You can buy a 489 2h weapon that way. It doesn't take that long... just hunt for rares and chests, kill Evermaw and the Ghost ship as much as you can since they both drop over 1000 coins, and do the daily 20 elites for another 1000 coins every day. The first few non-daily quests on Timeless Isle can be enough to start you around 5000 coins.

Assuming 2H weapons, every single T16 wing's end boss has a strength-based 2H weapon. Run those (4 shots), and roll the two you like most (only two, since you should be rolling Celestials always), and that gives you six opportunities at an ilevel 528 weapon. There's basically no point in even going for T14 or T15 weapons if your ilevel is high enough to queue for T16, and even less of a point to buy a Reborn item because they're equal to T15 LFR, unless you like the skin for transmog.

Edit: I do agree that for a weapon to use in interim, Timeless's updated 489 is not a bad choice. Coins are easy to come by, and you don't spend thousands of gold on something quickly replaced.

fuzzyset

Edit: I do agree that for a weapon to use in interim, Timeless's updated 489 is not a bad choice. Coins are easy to come by, and you don't spend thousands of gold on something quickly replaced.

If you can, get a PVP weapon. The PVP gear is a good stepping stone to PVE. The 522 honor weapons will be better than Timeless/ToT LFR.

Giggzy

If you can, get a PVP weapon. The PVP gear is a good stepping stone to PVE. The 522 honor weapons will be better than Timeless/ToT LFR.

Cool, thanks for the info from you guys. I'll definitely be doing those suggestions instead of spending 10k on the reborn wep.

Tamanon

Banned
Also, it seems the drop rates for the earlier LFR's are greatly increased. Run Terrace, because it's super fast, super easy and get a 483 almost guaranteed at the end of it.

Ceebs

I have been getting my paladin carried through SoO for 3 weeks now and have yet to get a single drop. It makes me not even want to bother.

Matchew

So I started my hunter today with the starter edition. My question and I know this a older game, but do the expansions make the game look any better?

Khezu

So I started my hunter today with the starter edition. My question and I know this a older game, but do the expansions make the game look any better?

Higher level zones look better, and WoD is adding in better character models.

What race are you?

Approved as trial for new guild, woo!

Gotta go through all the motions of dropping current guild and the like later tonight though.

Kind of a tough break as I'd rather it not have come to this, but what can you do when the leadership decides to suspend raiding until WoD? Couldn't have predicted that.

And part of it is I'm not nearly as burnt out on the content as others would be, having only come back to the game in late December. That's 3-4 months more SoO that they'd have done if they started with the patch. Now I myself might be burnt out in 3-4 more months, so it's certainly understandable, but I couldn't stay when I'm chomping at the bit to work on at least some heroic encounters.

Ultratech

Did some Normal SoO last night with a semi-random group.

Everything actually went way better than expected. Went 10/14 on bosses and only had two wipes.
(1st one on Dark Shaman, where everything fell apart towards the end of the fight, and another on Spoils where one group got wiped out completely.)

Sadly, I didn't get any loot...stupid bosses weren't dropping anything I needed and Bonus Rolls kept giving me gold. :(

I got "assurance of consequence" on my hunter.

This seems like a really good trinket.

It's a ridiculously good trinket.

I love it on BM and Surv, since you get faster Bestial Wraths and Black Arrows (the latter is kinda iffy, but you can fire a Black Arrow off before it runs out and add about 2 sec to the duration).

Also lets you get off more Stampedes and Rapid Fire (which along with the T16 2-piece set, it's friggin' crazy).

I got that and the Ticking Ebon Detonator on my Hunter.
With everything going off all at once, my opening burst is ridiculous.

Damn, I only have done a few quest can I delete character and go with something else?

Oh sure. You can just roll another character (up to 11 per server). You don't have to delete necessarily (though you can if you want). You're hardly into the game at all so any progress is inconsequential.

Play around with the character creation a bit, see what you like. Experiment.

Khezu

Damn, I only have done a few quest can I delete character and go with something else?

Humans and most of the original 8 races have aged pretty bad. They are getting updated for WoD.

Blood Elfs and space goats are better, but still old.

Worgens and Goblins are much better.

Pandas are the best.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really can't decide on how I want my UI. I mostly use default with a few tricks here and there, but I'm trying to have a good way to watch my Energy and Chi. But most the addons seem really obtrusive. And I never know if I actually think that or if it's just because I'm not used to the change.

I really can't decide on how I want my UI. I mostly use default with a few tricks here and there, but I'm trying to have a good way to watch my Energy and Chi. But most the addons seem really obtrusive. And I never know if I actually think that or if it's just because I'm not used to the change.

I use Nug Combo Bar for all combo point (and similar) mechanics. Not sure if there's anything else out there quite the same. You could certainly set up WeakAuras to do the job, but that's a bit overkill.

ampere

Approved as trial for new guild, woo!

Gotta go through all the motions of dropping current guild and the like later tonight though.

Kind of a tough break as I'd rather it not have come to this, but what can you do when the leadership decides to suspend raiding until WoD? Couldn't have predicted that.

And part of it is I'm not nearly as burnt out on the content as others would be, having only come back to the game in late December. That's 3-4 months more SoO that they'd have done if they started with the patch. Now I myself might be burnt out in 3-4 more months, so it's certainly understandable, but I couldn't stay when I'm chomping at the bit to work on at least some heroic encounters.

I wouldn't feel bad if I were you. We called it for raiding at the start of this year since 5 wanted to quit and only 5 wanted to keep going. A few of the ones who did want to keep raiding left the guild and there's no hard feelings, gotta do what you gotta do. I got burnt out from SoO really quick... 9/14H and there was no will to continue. Sometime I just need a break. Thinking about just being casual and doing flex/normal (new normal/heroic) in WoD. I still love the game, but I think I get too caught up in it sometimes.

I used NugEnergy and NugComboPoints in Cata when I was maining a Rogue, but I mained Monk during all of MoP and didn't use energy/chi addons. I guess with Rogues I felt like I needed it since it was always build to 5/spend (or 4 sometimes with Mut), but with Monks I wasn't really capping Chi much so I didn't need a bigger tracker. I just used default player frame but moved to the upper right area of the bottom left quadrant of the screen, if that makes sense.

Salamando

I'm not quite sure where my guild's raiding currently stands. I know I took a break. Half the raid leadership hasn't killed a boss since early Feb, and my raid leader hasn't downed a new heroic since I left.

I just got horribly burnt out. Running Flex and Normal SOO initially on one toon, then LFR and Flex on another while I'm doing heroics on the first....that's a lot of SOO to run.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People in my guild are looking into CMs. I might go. Monk CM looks stupid, but I guess it'll be gone soon, and that's cool to have.

Robin64

So "appear offline" is on hold because they couldn't get it working. Seems a bit odd. Maybe they should ask Skype how they do it.

Ret pally 553 w/ cloak. I hit the enrage timer on my 2nd try, and beat it with a minute to spare on my second try. I'd say I'm about average skill level.

You recall what sort of DPS you had at the end of the fight? And is it more of a DPS race or is it tricky to stay alive as well? Curious how I'd do as an enhance shaman. I'm not quite up to the same ilvl yet but I'm climbing up there fairly quickly.

Edit: And is there some trick to get past the healing boss solo?

ampere

You recall what sort of DPS you had at the end of the fight? And is it more of a DPS race or is it tricky to stay alive as well? Curious how I'd do as an enhance shaman. I'm not quite up to the same ilvl yet but I'm climbing up there fairly quickly.

Edit: And is there some trick to get past the healing boss solo?

No trick, per se... just heal the boss a lot and make sure to kill supressors. It generally is unfun though, I recommend going healing spec and brining a friend along to make it less painful.

I guess I just suck then 'cause I can't do it on my 564 hunter =[

Do you die or not make enrage? Ret Paladins have much better self healing than hunters so no reason to feel bad. There are prob some good video guides for hunters on youtube, check em out! Here is one I found with a lot of views.

ampere

New Dev Watercooler up, it's about health pools and healing.

I really like the sound of some of these changes. Deleting the low mana, high efficiency heals that never get used anymore (though they were fun at the start of Cata), adding cast times to some instants to reduce the number of instants, and making heals heal for less of overall HP.

It seems like the intent is that people will spend more time at hp % between 100 and 0, rather than usually at one of the other. Sounds cool to me, gives more options for which heal to use and when. I'm getting pretty excited... actually want to main my Shaman as Resto again next expac. Though I know I can't resist tanking so we'll see haha.

Berordn

Adding cast times to some of these instants completely destroys the viability of them... as they are on live, anyway. I guess we'll have to see.

I'm totally 100% against the smart healing change though. Make the cost of the heal relevant, but don't kill it.

Berordn

smart heals have no place in the game and should be removed completely not just nerfed. same with absorbs and dps-healing.

Smart heals, hybrid heals and absorption have every place in a game with combat that guarantees X-amount of damage per second to players, with enough spike damage that can kill a player at any moment.

If they do good on their promise to get rid of the latter, we can talk about removing the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom