• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Group 2 can't even get wing 1 and 2 done in 3 days.

This is beginning to be an issue that I'm eventually going to stop putting up with.

Ultratech

Is that rare? I saw a tauren paladin wearing that weapon but it didnt gave me time to see if it was transmog or unique.

Fairly rare nowadays.

The last chance anyone had of getting it was back in BC before they axed Naxx40.

Chances are if you see it nowadays, it's likely Transmog.
I've read where some people will run a low-level dungeon or something, have a 2H weapon drop, and pay somebody with one to transmogrify the dropped weapon and trade it back.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really don't know what I want to bring into WoD.

Monk's fun. I like the female Panda model, but them new vanilla models look so good. And Monk tier s look like shit.

scoobs

I really don't know what I want to bring into WoD.

Monk's fun. I like the female Panda model, but them new vanilla models look so good. And Monk tier s look like shit.

They've gotten a lot of feedback on monk tier sets looking samey and ... awful. I imagine this will change in the future. They even fucked up the challenge mode set for christs sake.

Billen

Banned
Do people level characters on PVP servers nowadays? I have had some serious problems. Where it used to be demanding, but fun, I now face opponents that either outlevel me hugely, dropping on my back killing me, or characters my level that hit ten times harder.

Whooter

I tried to level on a PVP server back in vanilla, and it was a giant pile of suck then. I gave up about level 32 and vowed never to try again.

And I haven't.

Billen

Banned
I tried to level on a PVP server back in vanilla, and it was a giant pile of suck then. I gave up about level 32 and vowed never to try again.

And I haven't.

I only played on PVP servers earlier, but it is a bit different when people can fly. Less risky for them.

Do people level characters on PVP servers nowadays? I have had some serious problems. Where it used to be demanding, but fun, I now face opponents that either outlevel me hugely, dropping on my back killing me, or characters my level that hit ten times harder.

I've almost only leveled on PvP realms. It usually depends on the zone and alliance:horde ratio. If your server is balanced or favored to your faction, there's usually not too much ganking going on since it's assumed that you have friends that will camp them if they cause trouble. If your server is dominated by the oppisite faction, then I would try sticking with dungeons.

With zones it depends on how close one of the other faction's main cities are to it. Hellfire Peninsula and to a lesser extent Blasted Lands are massive warzones for PvP that I would suggest to try to avoid.

Billen

Banned
I've almost only leveled on PvP realms. It usually depends on the zone and alliance:horde ratio. If your server is balanced or favored to your faction, there's usually not too much ganking going on since it's assumed that you have friends that will camp them if they cause trouble. If your server is dominated by the oppisite faction, then I would try sticking with dungeons.

With zones it depends on how close one of the other faction's main cities are to it. Hellfire Peninsula and to a lesser extent Blasted Lands are massive warzones for PvP that I would suggest to try to avoid.

Yeah, as I said I have primarily been playing PVP only servers since launch. However, trying nowadays simply isn't any fun.

Fjordson

I still do. Never been a non-PvP server in 9 years.

Ganking is definitely still a thing from time to time, but it's all part of the fun to me. And it's incredibly rare that I get seriously camped by anyone.

Bizazedo

They didn't stealth nerf Garrosh in Normal 10 man, did they?

We've lost two raiders due to real life issues and went in with two pugs. Breezed through the rest of Siege with 1 shots, got to Garrosh, said why not, it's been several months since we killed him. Killed him second shot. Felt amazingly smooth.

Might've been gear upgrades from Heroic, but we're only 3/14, so I dunno.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
3dthoyf.png

https://eu.battle.net/account/stati...f4a-4038-a5fe-2192d64ef018/default/3d.png?v27

Pre-purchase up on the account management page, though not working at the moment.

Looks more like a mists monster of pandarea than Gromm but anyway the 90 buff thing will be only for preorder or I can buy the game later and get the buff? I want to buy the game 1 week later because it will be madness the first days.

Berordn

Yeah the price is a bit more than I was expecting.

I don't need (or really care for) the 90 boost, so I might wait a bit to see if I can grab a copy elsewhere for less.

educator

Im going to pre-purchase WoD, but I don't know what class to boost. Since I've never reached 90 before, I don't really know how each class plays at higher levels. The furthest I've ever come with a character is with my monk who is currently level 80, so hopefully it wont be too long before I reach 90 with him.

I don't think Ill ever take another character to 90, so this boost is awesome in that way. Im happy with only having two characters, so I really want to think this one over.

I prefer DPS, but I would really like to try a character with magic/spells. I like the idea of healing, but I have no idea how fun that might be later on. I also think mages are cool, but are they any fun in the long run?

As you guys might notice, i'm pretty lost.. =)

Berordn

I prefer DPS, but I would really like to try a character with magic/spells. I like the idea of healing, but I have no idea how fun that might be later on. I also think mages are cool, but are they any fun in the long run?

I used to love mages, but every change MoP brought to them have made me despise playing the class. Warlocks on the other hand, went from meh to genuinely fun.

Ele Shaman's one of my favorite caster specs though, and it brings a healing spec with it, so that might be the hybrid to go for.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Im going to pre-purchase WoD, but I don't know what class to boost. Since I've never reached 90 before, I don't really know how each class plays at higher levels. The furthest I've ever come with a character is with my monk who is currently level 80, so hopefully it wont be too long before I reach 90 with him.

I don't think Ill ever take another character to 90, so this boost is awesome in that way. Im happy with only having two characters, so I really want to think this one over.

Mages are very fun, as for healing your Monk could be a healer if you so wish

educator

Mages are very fun, as for healing your Monk could be a healer if you so wish

Forgot about that! A really hard decision. To make it even worse I haven't done any professions on my monk. Basically, I have to go back and begin farming from the start? I really don't want to use the boost just for professions, but man I should have done it when I began my character. Silly me.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Forgot about that! A really hard decision. To make it even worse I haven't done any professions on my monk. Basically, I have to go back and begin farming from the start? I really don't want to use the boost just for professions, but man I should have done it when I began my character. Silly me.

Yeah you would, or boost a level 60 character to get profession boost

JCizzle

And every time they'll give the little speech about learning their lesson and getting expansions out faster.

It's why I'm hesitant to buy that they're fixing healing by trotting out the same promises and goals we've heard for three expansions in a row lol. Pretty sure I could have copied GC's blog for Cata word for word into this new watercooler.

I guess the character boost is enough for them to charge a $10 markup over previous expansions :/

Character boost is nice, but if I could get a cheaper copy without it I might have gone for that since I don't need one with 6 90s already.

Still think I want the digital deluxe or regular CE though since that mount is pretty smexy unlike the MoP CE one.

----

In other news - man, I don't know if I can really stand the pursuit of a second cloak. I'm going at it, but pretty half-heartedly. It's just such a grind to do all the LFRs after the first time. And I'm still conflicted on whether to do it on Lock vs. Mage. Lock is further ahead gear and quest-wise, but I feel like Mage might be more fun? I dunno.

JCizzle

$10 character boost tax? Expansions have normally been $40. The box art looks kind of cool, RAWR orc.

I've got sour news for you Jack

Nah I'm playing... hopefully it's a place holder lol

Rosti's main page thread has a screen grab that says expected release timeframe is the fall....

:(

Enosh

will wait till WoD to see if there are any nice new class/race combos (would like a draenei rogue or warlock, just to keep with the rest of my characters)

well not like I could use it now anyway, have no credit card to preorder WoD ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom