• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

So, to everyone who has used the boost:

- What flight training has been received?
- Are all non-drop/discovered recipes learned if you got the tradeskill boost to 600?
- If you just start with ilevel 483 gear (and from earlier accounts) can enter ToT, does that mean the introductory Scenarios are also considered completed?

- Anything unusual that is or is not flagged?

Jag

Was ready to get a free 90 on the server I just transferred to, but then I saw about the free profession boost if you use a 60+ character. Sounds like a better deal considering how fast leveling 1-60 is and how expensive professions can be.

Supposedly they are revamping profession leveling in WOD, but no info is out yet about it.

Giggzy

Fire elemental every time off CD, searing totem otherwise. Those always need to be up, otherwise your dps will suck. Use earth elemental when fire elemental is on CD.

Besides that, every other totem is situational. Think of them as individual spells rather than totems. Need a root? Drop earthgrab. Heal? Use healing stream. Feared? Tremor totem. Etc...

It's somewhat difficult at first but it's fun once you figure it out. So much utility as a shaman

Laieon

Man, I really want the 90 boost because I have a friend wanting me to play on a horde server with him, but I usually get the physical collector's editions. There's a pretty good chance I'll be in Korea for the next year starting in August-ish, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a physical edition anyway (and if I can, I'm sure my connection will be less than adequate). What to do, What to do...

I already have a 90 Hunter, 90 Paladin, 90 Monk, and 90 Mage (just hit 90 on him today actually!), thinking about making my insta-boost either a Warrior or Priest.

So, to everyone who has used the boost:

- What flight training has been received?
- Are all non-drop/discovered recipes learned if you got the tradeskill boost to 600?
- If you just start with ilevel 483 gear (and from earlier accounts) can enter ToT, does that mean the introductory Scenarios are also considered completed?

- Anything unusual that is or is not flagged?

Everything you get is listed on here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13184836/

You get Artisan Flying.

Rokam

No clue what to boost, don't even play most of the classes I've gotten to 90 anyways. Monk is the only one I'm considering, but it kinda irks me Blizzard hasn't put in a way to test out max level characters. I'd hate to boost and then realize I hate the class.

Giggzy

No clue what to boost, don't even play most of the classes I've gotten to 90 anyways. Monk is the only one I'm considering, but it kinda irks me Blizzard hasn't put in a way to test out max level characters. I'd hate to boost and then realize I hate the class.

I'm somewhat in the same boat. My general indecisiveness is making me constantly change my mind. I wish I could try some classes out.

How do mistweaver monks do in PvP and PvE?

Man, I really want the 90 boost because I have a friend wanting me to play on a horde server with him, but I usually get the physical collector's editions. There's a pretty good chance I'll be in Korea for the next year starting in August-ish, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a physical edition anyway (and if I can, I'm sure my connection will be less than adequate). What to do, What to do...

I already have a 90 Hunter, 90 Paladin, 90 Monk, and 90 Mage (just hit 90 on him today actually!), thinking about making my insta-boost either a Warrior or Priest.

Everything you get is listed on here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13184836/

You get Artisan Flying.

Lol you don't get 600 cooking those stingy fucks.

Test Server? That used to be the place to go back in the day.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fire elemental every time off CD, searing totem otherwise. Those always need to be up, otherwise your dps will suck. Use earth elemental when fire elemental is on CD.

Besides that, every other totem is situational. Think of them as individual spells rather than totems. Need a root? Drop earthgrab. Heal? Use healing stream. Feared? Tremor totem. Etc...

It's somewhat difficult at first but it's fun once you figure it out. So much utility as a shaman

No, I know the important CDs. It's just the shit ton of situational. Like does spiritwalker really need to be a thing? or that talent that gives you an instant cast

oldnick

Banned
That's interesting,
if you "manually" level up to 60 THEN use the 90 booster, your professions get boosted to 600

source sentence from official site=if a boosted character was already level 60 or above, their existing Primary Professions and First Aid are bumped up to level 600

Some proffessions are really annoying to level so mybe that's worth something...

As long as we're answering shaman questions I was wondering what the grace period is between refreshing searing totem. I want to put a new one down when the old one is at < 2 seconds but given movement and needing to put stopcasting in my other macros to stop lightning bolt filler I was wondering if it's better to finish a cast and then drop a new totem a second late or if I should just refresh the totem at a higher time remaining cushion, the casting time on the searing totem bolt be damned?

elemental spec, btw.

Did like 8 bosses, got 1 sigil of power. Fuck getting the cloak on any alts. :(

As long as we're answering shaman questions I was wondering what the grace period is between refreshing searing totem. I want to put a new one down when the old one is at < 2 seconds but given movement and needing to put stopcasting in my other macros to stop lightning bolt filler I was wondering if it's better to finish a cast and then drop a new totem a second late or if I should just refresh the totem at a higher time remaining cushion, the casting time on the searing totem bolt be damned?

elemental spec, btw.

TBH Searing Totem is such a small percentage of your damage that if it's a second or two late to refresh that's probably fine. Just refresh when you have time when it's ~3 seconds or so left to about that much after it expires at most.

So apparently the boosted characters don't get any glyphs, lol.

If I had the spare money I'd transfer my shammy scribe right now. Probably just going to save for D3 expac rather than spend money on the WoD pre-order or transfer fees at the moment though. Money a bit tight right now.

Robin64

Hmmm.

CNSCw2K.jpg

oh my god what am i even supposed to do with this many totems.

I thought they simplified them, but I had less totems than this in wotlk.
I can help you sort out enhance stuff tonight when I get home if you'd like. That's all I've played for the past two years so I've got a decent grasp on it.

Giggzy

Did like 8 bosses, got 1 sigil of power. Fuck getting the cloak on any alts. :(

TBH Searing Totem is such a small percentage of your damage that if it's a second or two late to refresh that's probably fine. Just refresh when you have time when it's ~3 seconds or so left to about that much after it expires at most.

Seconded. Ideally try and refresh before it's gone but if you're a few seconds late it's not going to be much of a difference. For enhancement I would say otherwise, but for ele don't sweat it

Rokam

To be fair that could be them talking about how people are already working on the next 2 expansions or whatever. The question didn't specifically ask about this expansion.

Enosh

I don't understand why they didn't just extend T14 and T15 for a month or 2 each, instead they are now again in the cata and wrath situation of it taking a year for new content

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So this addon I downloaded tells me what to do next for enhancement for my rotation.

The addon that got people banned was the one that hit it for them, right? Either way, it's kinda iffy anyways. Like it doesn't put much emphasis on flame shock.

Tamanon

Banned
So this addon I downloaded tells me what to do next for enhancement for my rotation.

The addon that got people banned was the one that hit it for them, right? Either way, it's kinda iffy anyways. Like it doesn't put much emphasis on flame shock.

It is completely legal to use. Doesn't automate things.

And Flame shock only should be used when it isn't on the target already really.

SRTtoZ

So does the boost have a date you need to use it by or can I hoard it?

I was getting ready to play D3 and saw the Boost preorder thingy and got pretty excited. Damn you blizzard.

Marven

So does the boost have a date you need to use it by or can I hoard it?.

You can hoard it. There's a pop up that appears near the top-left of your character list and you can click on the button whenever. I logged into a few characters before boosting mine.

Rolling restarts only tomorrow.

And yet, the launcher says otherwise opposed to the forum.

I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE.

By the way, the first day of fall this year is Tuesday, September 23. Tueday = game release day, so I'd bank on that being the release date assuming things don't change. Any later is just abysmal.

Fjordson

Man, I'm so happy that I finally got my Ahead of the Curve feat of strength. That one little achievement is like a hall pass into every single PUG raid on my server :lol Was pretty tough to get much done in the second half of SoO without it, but I can get into Garrosh groups now no problem.

And yet, the launcher says otherwise opposed to the forum.

I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE.
I've noticed the two conflict a few times before. Every time the forum ended up the correct one, so hopefully it will be again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom