• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Don't know what I'm doing and got 5th in dps on the first boss. Something tells me this group is gonna suck.

Interfectum

I have a Warlock and Hunter as my main classes. If I had to boost one class to 90 what would you guys say is the most FUN class to play for BGs and occasional questing and dungeons?

Salamando

No reason for me to order now. I already got the cloak on two characters, and like hell if I'm doing it on a third. I'd end up levelboosting a character and not actually play it. Why not wait until closer to release when the classes will be closer to done?

Giggzy

Hmmm... What class to boost to 90?

I have a Elemental Shaman, Arms Warrior, and Holy priest at 90 already, and an 82 rogue not far away. That leaves me: Warlock, Monk, Paladin, Druid, Death Knight, Mage, and Hunter?

I don't have a desire to play a paladin or Druid. Death knights can start at 55 so I don't think I'll do that either. That narrows it down to Warlock, Monk, Mage or Hunter. Any recommendations? I'm leaning towards a Warlock, maybe Mage. Hunters seem like fun but there are always so many running around that it kinda dissuades me from making one.

What say you WoW-GAF?

ampere

It is up on live.
Doing Throne of Thunder now. Not sure how to play haha.

Hehe don't worry plenty of people who leveled up the old way don't know how to either :p

Did the game make you play through a 'tutorial' after the boost? Maybe that part of the boost process is NYI.

What say you WoW-GAF?

I actually care less about using the boost to play the characters at 90... I'm using it for the professions bump. I only have two professions maxed out and the third highest is only at 300. I just don't mess with my alts enough. :/

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
December 20th is still the fall.

First day of fall is still late as fucking balls. If you would have told me right after Blizzcon that WoD wouldn't be out until September I'd have been amazed if not downright dismissive. All their talk of beefing up the wow team and making progress and faster content turn arounds made it seem like WoD would be out by early summer. Blizzard gonna Blizzard, I guess.

Marven

I boosted my druid, which was the only character not at 90. Not sure if I'm going to play him or not, but it was nice to finally have all classes at level 90.

Oh and I highly recommend picking professions you are missing before you boost. I made the mistake of keeping herbalism on my druid, which I already have 2-3 other characters with it maxed out. Enchanting / alchemy are still a pain in the ass to level so I'd suggest those if you don't have them already.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Hehe don't worry plenty of people who leveled up the old way don't know how to either :p

Did the game make you play through a 'tutorial' after the boost? Maybe that part of the boost process is NYI.

It drops you off at Timeless Isle. No tutorial.

Salamando

First day of fall is still late as fucking balls. If you would have told me right after Blizzcon that WoD wouldn't be out until September I'd have been amazed if not downright dismissive. All their talk of beefing up the wow team and making progress and faster content turn arounds made it seem like WoD would be out by early summer. Blizzard gonna Blizzard, I guess.

Mists came out in Sept '12. Siege patch was Sept '13. If Warlords comes out Sept '14, that means we'll have spent the same amount of time in Siege of Orgrimmar as we did in Throne, Terrace, Heart of Fear, Mogu Vaults, and levelling combined.

Giggzy

I boosted my druid, which was the only character not at 90. Not sure if I'm going to play him or not, but it was nice to finally have all classes at level 90.

Oh and I highly recommend picking professions you are missing before you boost. I made the mistake of keeping herbalism on my druid, which I already have 2-3 other characters with it maxed out. Enchanting / alchemy are still a pain in the ass to level so I'd suggest those if you don't have them already.

What level was your Druid beforehand? It only boosts professions if level 60 and above right?

The extra 10 bucks is so fucking terrible. I really think blizz has made some really bad decisions with this expansion, and this is just another one.

Oh yeah I forgot new possible combo races I will wait then, please Blizz make a BE Druid.

BTW getting WoD would give a free month or I have to buy it separately

Rokam, if I log back in during the next few weeks, you done for some more ulduar? I need one piece on my huntard and one on my DK.

*edit* and they're on different bosses.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh yeah I forgot new possible combo races I will wait then, please Blizz make a BE Druid.

No free month

Berordn

The model revamp makes me 99.9% positive that new druid races are off the table.

draenei would come first anyway

Dawg

About that new price.

I always used to say "wow, the expansion is only 39,99... that's pretty cheap for a game with more content than the majority of 59,99 games"

Now though, they're getting closer to full game price. 49,99 is pretty damn close since I can already find full games at that price. An expansion should always be cheaper than a full game and I loved Blizzard for their old prices. Now you're already at that price if you include the sub. And most people will probably resub when they buy the expansion.

Hell, I always thought their CE's were pretty cheap compared to the competition... but that's 10 more as well now. I know that's because the base game is more expensive... but still.

Worst part is that there really isn't any reason given. They just increased the price without saying anything. And please don't tell me it's because of that free level 90 because it would defeat the purpose of free in that case.

Berordn

Worst part is that there really isn't any reason given. They just increased the price without saying anything. And please don't tell me it's because of that free level 90 because it would defeat the purpose of free in that case.

It almost certainly is. The difference between 49.99 for the expansion and 60 dollars for a boosted character is much closer and makes the boost seem like a better deal than buying an expansion for a spare battle chest key (which go as low as five dollars) plus a character transfer.

By the way has there been a consensus yet on what derogatory term the newly boosted characters will have? Wrath babies won't work here, and wasn't that catchy to begin with.

Don't know what I'm doing and got 5th in dps on the first boss. Something tells me this group is gonna suck.

25 people in ungemmed/unenchanted/unreforged gear who don't know when to taunt during bosses, where to stand to avoid fire, what to dispel so people don't get crushed, let alone encounter specific mechanics like Tortos shell kicking, Durumu's maze, Ji-Kun's nests or Lei-Shen's wind? What's the worst that could happen?

WoD LFR is going to be the worst clusterfuck since Cataclysm.

ampere

Ugh, $10 extra for an expan with no new race, class, or race/class combos does not sit right with me at all.

10 races are getting new character models.

That being said, if you don't think the $50 price is worth it then it's probably good to wait for a price drop.

I'll probably jump in at launch, itching for new Challenge Modes.

Knox

Was ready to get a free 90 on the server I just transferred to, but then I saw about the free profession boost if you use a 60+ character. Sounds like a better deal considering how fast leveling 1-60 is and how expensive professions can be.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was ready to get a free 90 on the server I just transferred to, but then I saw about the free profession boost if you use a 60+ character. Sounds like a better deal considering how fast leveling 1-60 is and how expensive professions can be.

That's what I'm doing with my Shaman, actually. Just trying to decide on which professions.

That being said, if you don't think the $50 price is worth it then it's probably good to wait for a price drop.

I'll probably jump in at launch, itching for new Challenge Modes.

Yeah but not all the races at the start of the expansion makes me wait till they complete most of the expansion like I did for pandarea

Rokam

Tons of new 90's whacking away at the training dummies on Stormrage... at least they're not all hopeless! Most of them are warlocks...shocker!

yeah but that's not very exciting past the first week. It's as if Cataclysm launched at $50 without goblins or worgens playable. If nothing else I hope we feel like we're getting a 10-level expansion from the zones, and not just an extended level grind in an expansion no bigger than the last one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
oh my god what am i even supposed to do with this many totems.

I thought they simplified them, but I had less totems than this in wotlk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom