• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well I was able to mooch a couple LFR kills. Gonna have to wait til tomorrow to do the rest. IT's just too crazy atm. Too many boosted 90s who've never even done LFR before.

sqwarlock

So torn on what class I'm going to boost when I pre-order. Shaman and warrior are both fun and easy to level, and my warrior's already over 60 so I could get my professions up too. On the other hand, I really want a mage or druid at 90, but I hate leveling both classes and don't know how either one plays at 90. And then there's monk, which seems cool but there's nothing that really stands out about them either.

So torn on what class I'm going to boost when I pre-order. Shaman and warrior are both fun and easy to level, and my warrior's already over 60 so I could get my professions up too. On the other hand, I really want a mage or druid at 90, but I hate leveling both classes and don't know how either one plays at 90. And then there's monk, which seems cool but there's nothing that really stands out about them either.

I'm also torn. I have a ton of 85+ Alliance toons (at least one of each class thanks to recruit a friend) but I only have two Horde 90s, a druid and a warrior. I'm currently leveling a BE paladin, so maybe I'll go for a pure dps class. Perhaps I'll boost my level 65 dk to get the max professions. Too many choices!

I don't have a mage at 90 but I recently leveled a frost mage up to 85 and I thought it was a lot of fun. My boyfriend has a 90 fire mage and he loves it.

Fjordson

Just had some uber geared hunter whisper me with "shit hunter copied my mog. you didnt have that last week".

I'm simultaneously creeped out and annoyed. It's really weird that some stranger is following what my transmog looks like, and it's somewhat annoying because I'm sure that I've never run into this dude before so I certainly didn't copy him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Boosted Shaman is already 503.

thanks Celestials. If only I could do Ordos too. Still gotta get the cape on main. I should have my meta tomorrow for sure.

I'm gonna likely end up giving my boost to either my monk or warlock since I have every other class at at least 85. Will probably depend on which I end up leveling first before the expansion comes out (both are 60+ already).

Robin64

Today's Hearthstone patch has an updated achievement for the Hearthsteed.

Mount Up!
A special reward for your third win! Log in to World of Warcraft to claim it!
Reward: Hearthsteed

Woop woop!

Robin64

Damn, I totally forgot about the Hearthsteed. Is that still obtainable or was it a beta only thing?

The promotion isn't live quite just yet. I'm guessing that it will be a permanent thing because it doesn't mention a timeframe (unlike some of the other achievements) and the game is set to go live for real in early April.

Fjordson

The promotion isn't live quite just yet. I'm guessing that it will be a permanent thing because it doesn't mention a timeframe (unlike some of the other achievements) and the game is set to go live for real in early April.
Oh, okay, sweet. Was planning on giving Hearthstone a try either way, but that mount is a nice bonus.

Message him back saying thanks, and that you'll be copying his mog from now on.
:lol I wish I had thought of this. He logged off after a few hostile messages unfortunately. Hopefully I run into him again.

Also seems fitting somehow that his name was "Chiefkeef" with a bunch of stupid accents on random letters.

CassSept

Probably referring to 30 day pre expansion event

We've heard your concerns about lack of content and decided to take some action to not make the game feel stale.

Now, for the limited time, to celebrate the upcoming release of Warlords of Draenor you'll be able to participate in a very special pre-expansion event! For the next 3 weeks we will add a super special boss to Secrets of Ragefire scenario! This boss will spawn only on heroic difficulty and will drop super-cool transmog hat for all of you who can't wait for the challenges ahead you will face in the SAVAGE world of Draenor.

Hope you enjoy it!

Pre-expansion event, right

ampere

Just had some uber geared hunter whisper me with "shit hunter copied my mog. you didnt have that last week".

I'm simultaneously creeped out and annoyed. It's really weird that some stranger is following what my transmog looks like, and it's somewhat annoying because I'm sure that I've never run into this dude before so I certainly didn't copy him.

Yeah that's creepy

Today's Hearthstone patch has an updated achievement for the Hearthsteed.

Woop woop!

Nice find! Been wondering when we'd find out more about that mount. I already have more than 3 wins :p... well I haven't done ranked or arena yet though.

Bizazedo

WoW was a bloodbath last night. Should've paid more attention to patch notes / messageboards. I got the hint after the second wipe on Ordos.

What do you have to do to get that mount?

Dawg

World of Warcraft’s movie adaptation is rolling, thanks to director Duncan Jones and star Dominic Cooper, who has discussed the pressure he’s feeling to deliver something good for Blizzard’s fans.

Speaking with CVG, Cooper said of meeting fan expectations, “That’s scary, because that’s a very specific world, so that really does have people who exist in that world and probably live more of their life in that world than they do in the real world, which is terrifying in itself."

“But what that means is there have been people creating that world for many years and it’s got a very specific look, and the characters within that, people have already made their minds up about who they are and what they mean to them. So that’s quite a lot of pressure, in that you feel obligated to give the people who have spent the majority of their life playing it what they expect for it.”

Honestly, I'm very excited about the movie because of Duncan Jones. Moon was a masterpiece and Source Code was a pretty great movie as well.

Giggzy

So I used my boost on a Mistweaver Monk as I want to try a healer out and they seem to be pretty fun. First impressions for me reflect that so far. The way they heal is very engaging.

Anyone play one and have any tips? I feel pretty lost at the moment!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I used my boost on a Mistweaver Monk as I want to try a healer out and they seem to be pretty fun. First impressions for me reflect that so far. The way they heal is very engaging.

Anyone play one and have any tips? I feel pretty lost at the moment!

I made a minor post a while back about the 10 rules I have when MW healing.

1) Keep renewing mists, chi wave (whatever talent you picked in that tier), expel harm off cool down, use soothing mists as filler
2) Move your statue around as necessary
3) never hard cast surging mist / enveloping mist
4) dump your chi as soon as you get it as there is no point in hording it
5) use thunder focus brew to refresh all renewing mists to double the amount of people that can have RW on them.
6) fist weaving isn't necessary but useful for light incoming damage and very useful in 10 mans if you're lacking in DPS.
7) if you're going to fist weave watch the muscle memory buff, it doesn't stack and you never want to waste it.
8) If you take chi torpedo take celerity and use it as often as possible since it has no mana cost and is great group healing, alternatively if you take rushing jade wind use it as often as you can without it being a burden on your mana.
9) never glyph for mana tea, and chi brew is basically a mandatory talent.
10) revival is best used whenever it is necessary, same with cocoon.

Robin64

Looks like the Hearthsteed is live, according to the Hearthstone patch notes up.

E1IxfP0.png

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Getting a WoW mount from an achievement of another Blizzard game is a neat idea, I hope that they can do this with Diablo or Starcraft one day. Like... win 1000 matches as Zerg in Starcraft 2 to unlock a Zerg mount in WoW. :p

Mogwai

Damn 90 boosts. Quality of LFR people has dropped to insane levels of sucking. The DPS has become so abysmally low that even ToT fails :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Damn 90 boosts. Quality of LFR people has dropped to insane levels of sucking. The DPS has become so abysmally low that even ToT fails :(

Hard to imagine LFR being any worse than when i last tried it(around SoO release).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom