• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Multiple difficulties really are a great thing.

Mm. Yeah I misunderstood. The difficulty name changes will be causing confusion for a good while. I see what you are saying. Another thing is that since Flexible Normal and Flexible Heroic are both cross realm in WoD it will probably be hard to keep people sticking with one group when they can so easily look for another one without transferring realms.

Mythic's logistics are another challenge I am thinking about. If I try to do it I probably have to faction transfer or realm transfer. My realm's Alliance side had no more raiding active raiding guilds left when we 'broke up' in January, and we were a 10 man so Mythic was out of reach anyway. I don't know if the mergers helped boost the Alliance pop enough. I'm definitely done trying to lead heroic progression, but being a part of it can be very fun. Leading always has the 'too many cooks in the kitchen' problem where everyone wants to give their input and sometimes it leads to arguing and extended periods of time with of no attempts.

I might just stick with the two flexible modes for convenience.

The useful thing about flexible content is the fact that you don't have to leave people out while you plug through it; I suspect it'll be a little easier to accumulate guild members in the next expansion for that reason, I'm less inclined to invite a new guild member and then be unable to offer them a raid spot due to being full, which has always been a sore point in the past. That and it'll help that we're good friends with another, slightly more successful guild (the one said guildie alt and his partner raid in), so I suspect there is some scope for co-operation there.

It always comes back to the question of how do you motivate people in a totally optional recreational activity? There's not always an easy answer.

Well, as far as the most dedicated seven or so guild members are concerned, that's not too difficult: We simply like each other. At least, I think we do. For all I know they might spend half the raid in their own private chat channel bitching about their shitty raid leader :)

Dawg

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3829-Ride-Into-Action-on-Your-Hearthsteed

EJJMVHMOZSFG1394473364648.jpg

Wow. I'm surprised it's this easy to get a free mount. Don't even have to spend any money.

Also, is the mmo-champion frontpage slow for anyone else? Damn, it always takes forever to load and it freezes.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Does old PVP gear work with xmog? I like the look of season 8.

Yup, assuming you have it/can still get it. Lots of legacy pvp sets are on legacy honor vendors but there are a handful that are not.

Yup, assuming you have it/can still get it. Lots of legacy pvp sets are on legacy honor vendors but there are a handful that are not.

Relentless Gladiator's Claymore being stuck on my level 88 pally still makes me cry.

Relentless Gladiator's Claymore is my favorite looking weapon in the game, yet I can never get it for my 90 war or DK for transmog since those chars didn't exist back then.

There's like no reason they shouldn't put it and all the other non Wrathful WOTLK PVP weapons up for honor like they did for EVERY OTHER EXPANSION's PVP weapons.

It's a pisstake and a 1/2.

Rizific

Resubbed last month after about a two year hiatus. Rekindled my love for progression raiding with friends. Subbing to thread too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think RNG is account-wide

I've gotten shit for upgrades in LFR for my Shaman and I've only gotten 3 secrets for the week on my main. I'm sitting at 8 thunder king bags and 6 coalesced. just for an idea of what i'm dealing with here

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kinda want the Shaman CM set just because it offers the only shirtless transmog for mail. Probably wouldn't be too hard to find a CM group on him. Lots of big CDs, a lust, and an ankh would be killer in a CM group

My mount goals in a WoD world are looking like
Skyscreamer
Galakras(even though it's ugly as sin)
and Mimmiron's Head.

Hopefully they add some cool stuff in WoD as well. Though Skyscreamer is a fucking rad looking Shaman mount. Especially if you're a Troll

ampere

Resubbed last month after about a two year hiatus. Rekindled my love for progression raiding with friends. Subbing to thread too.

Cool :). Try out Challenge modes! They are super fun and you can get a nice transmog armor set.

Kinda want the Shaman CM set just because it offers the only shirtless transmog for mail. Probably wouldn't be too hard to find a CM group on him. Lots of big CDs, a lust, and an ankh would be killer in a CM group

Go Ele and people will gush over you for a group. Also it's really easy, bosses are usually single target, but otherwise it's CL and proper CD usage. I think Enhancement is more fun, but for CMs it's Ele or you are gimping yourself really.

Mothman91

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3829-Ride-Into-Action-on-Your-Hearthsteed

EJJMVHMOZSFG1394473364648.jpg

Wow. I'm surprised it's this easy to get a free mount. Don't even have to spend any money.

Also, is the mmo-champion frontpage slow for anyone else? Damn, it always takes forever to load and it freezes.
Now, I do want this mount , but I'm not subbed. I'm not gonna resub until WoD. Is this gonna be sent to my characters mailbox where it can be destroyed within 30 days or something I can acquire several months later??

Now, I do want this mount , but I'm not subbed. I'm not gonna resub until WoD. Is this gonna be sent to my characters mailbox where it can be destroyed within 30 days or something I can acquire several months later??

Well, I just got mine and it said 29 days remaining in my mailbox. No idea if they'll keep sending it until you get it out of the mailbox. Be kind of lame of them if you had to get it within a month or earning it in Hearthstone but at the same time I'm sure that'll give a small bump to subscription numbers for a month if that's the case.

Neat looking mount. Now up to #204.

I'll get that Collector's Edition mount eventually. I'm in no particular hurry to pre-order it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Carbon you should come find flexes with my Shaman to carry my dps through.

I just signed up for a beginner flex that requires ilvl515 minimum. And that's exactly where I'm at. If I get some gold together, I can buy the gorge stalker belt, but I need some leftover for enchants and gems and whatnot. Hopefully they accept me, but I have my doubts. LFR drop rate has been shit.

I think it ends up in your mailbox only when you log into the game. Not starting the moment you win three matches in Hearthstone.

Wubby

What is the best class for soloing old raids? Still DK? Or Hunter? Trying to decide what I want my free boosted character to be. If I do DK then I can get one up to 60 right quick and get some free prof's out of it.

Berordn

What is the best class for soloing old raids? Still DK? Or Hunter? Trying to decide what I want my free boosted character to be. If I do DK then I can get one up to 60 right quick and get some free prof's out of it.

DK, Paladin, Monk... even Shamans nowadays. A little hybridity goes a long way.

Having a pet out is a bit of a liability when soloing some later stuff.

DKs and Paladins probably the best for soloing old stuff. Blood DKs probably have an edge when it comes to pushing the boundaries of what you can do though. Though Paladins don't have as many issues with things like Valithria since they have direct heals.

Not sure about Monks since I don't play one.

------

In other news, 5 days till I get my Sky Golem ^_^

Wubby

DKs and Paladins probably the best for soloing old stuff. Blood DKs probably have an edge when it comes to pushing the boundaries of what you can do though. Though Paladins don't have as many issues with things like Valithria since they have direct heals.

Not sure about Monks since I don't play one.

I'm actually working on a Paladin right now. I had a third account that was eligible for a scroll of res so I used that to get the free 80 before they removed it. He's up to 86 at the moment with a bank full of Timeless gear waiting. Warrior and Druid are the two classes I have at 90 at the moment.

Monks would be a bit squishy being a leather class no? I'll have to look into that. I've never touched one before.

Berordn

Monks would be a bit squishy being a leather class no? I'll have to look into that. I've never touched one before.

Just like with virtually everything else in the game, they have enough passives effects and avoidance to bring them up to snuff. Windwalker can solo just about everything, and whatever you can't pull off as Windwalker you can typically do as Brewmaster, in identical gear.

Aw yiss bonus rolled Kardris' Toxic Totem (LFR) on my Lock today finally. I guess that's the nail in the coffin for gearing my Mage this expac unless we're talking a couple months down the line.

ampere

For soloing I would still say Blood DKs are king, but Monks are very good as well. You can check out the Blood DK solo thread on MMO Champ. Mione has a spreadsheet for which bosses have been solo'd, although her being able to solo something doesn't mean it's very easy.

Stuff like Alysrazor, Ultraxion, Malygos are all easily soloable on a Monk. And like Berodn said you usually go WW for Monk soloing (tank for Ultraxion though), Chi Wave and Expel Harm are typically more than enough healing and staying a dps spec helps things go faster.

For soloing I would still say Blood DKs are king, but Monks are very good as well. You can check out the Blood DK solo thread on MMO Champ. Mione has a spreadsheet for which bosses have been solo'd, although her being able to solo something doesn't mean it's very easy.

Stuff like Alysrazor, Ultraxion, Malygos are all easily soloable on a Monk. And like Berodn said you usually go WW for Monk soloing (tank for Ultraxion though), Chi Wave and Expel Harm are typically more than enough healing and staying a dps spec helps things go faster.
Just wanted to point out any class at 90 (or lower) can solo Malygos without an issue. The "hard" part is getting comfortable with the rotation on the drake portion.

And Alysrazor should be solo-able for most classes at 90 depending on gear. If you can pull out enough dps before the first flight phase ends then it's really easy. If not you'll need to be able to heal up during the intermission before you start a second flight phase. As enhance I was able to kill during the first flight phase once I hit around ilvl 520 I believe it was.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
There was on Area 52, but no one really stuck with it.
We should try to create two guilds for WoD, one for EU and one for US. With the free character boost that comes with WoD, it should be quite simple to put something together.

I suppose though with Normal/Heroic raiding becoming cross-realm in WoD (potentially earlier), we could simply raid that way without having to create guilds.

Tamanon

Banned
Well, used my WoD boost on a hunter. Thus far, it's been pretty fun. Only missing rogue and mage for 90s now. At least it seems to dump you in the Shrine now instead of the Isle.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Well, used my WoD boost on a hunter. Thus far, it's been pretty fun. Only missing rogue and mage for 90s now. At least it seems to dump you in the Shrine now instead of the Isle.

Hunters are fun/quick to level, I'd of personally used it on a rogue

Ultratech

That is true. Mione has solo'd stuff that's generally pretty crazy to even try to do alone.

But yeah, Blood DKs are top-tier when it comes to soloing. Their self-heals and Blood Shield are that good.
Hunters are quite good as well, with their variety of pets and other stuff (Heals, AoE, Damage, and so on).

Alysrazor mount drops on normal, right? I need to start farming that. Pretty sure I could at 564 ilvl (hunter).

Yeah, that's more than good enough. I do it on my Hunter (560) in Survival, and I can get her down before the Tornado phase, so it's not too hard.
Marks works really good as well, or so I hear.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One of the main dps left the guild 2 weeks ago
One of the tanks left last week
Now one of the raid leaders is leaving.

Been one heck of a month.

ampere

Alysrazor mount drops on normal, right?

Yessir. Raven Lord is one of my favorite ground mounts so I went hardcore on Alysrazor this expac, was doing it on 5 toons a week until it dropped. Never saw it drop during Cata

Just wanted to point out any class at 90 (or lower) can solo Malygos without an issue. The "hard" part is getting comfortable with the rotation on the drake portion.

Yeah it's getting easier with the higher ilevel. I am thinking at level 100 it'll probably be easy for any class to solo anything Cata + earlier since they have been making workarounds for so many 'un soloable' bosses. Example, one of Watcher's tweets:

Fjordson

Yessir. Raven Lord is one of my favorite ground mounts so I went hardcore on Alysrazor this expac, was doing it on 5 toons a week until it dropped. Never saw it drop during Cata.
Nice.

Can't wait until next expac. Should be easy to solo Deathwing and heroic LK.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Since the topic of guilds came up, If anyone is looking for an actual guild for heroic-level raiding and or social, check out the guild I'm in on US Ner'zhul if interested. Turbo Cyborg Ninjas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom