• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warglaives 2.0 pls.

Also, coined a Xifeng tonight. Still need another though and one didn't drop normally. S'pose I have a chance at the drilldo from Siegecrafter, but it's not quite as good since I'll be lacking hit on my other pieces when I switch to DW.

Giggzy

My first time getting loot from a celestial kill. Better yet, I won my bonus roll too. I got a PvP cape and PvE gauntlets :)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So what are the chances of this

mxXDViM.png
being remade as a epic drop from Kargath Bladefist?

It's something I'd like to see them return to in Warlords of Draenor. Tier sets that actually look like the classes they were made for.
I think it's obvious that Blizzard's tier designs suffer from 'every new tier has to be unique and different, or they'll pile on us.' So that leads to crap like cyborg robot hunter tier, lightning ninja shaman tier, LED lights warrior tier. And they don't have to do that. They need it to be different, but they can stick with basic aesthetics and work from there.

Some of the leveling gear shown in WoD gives me high hopes though. They're finally able to do proper belts, asymmetrical shoulders, etc, and they're even showing some more savage looking clothes like one of the cloth vests is just a cowl.

Fjordson

Wow, the 4 piece set bonus for hunter tier 16 is pretty great. Hilarious having lock and load for like 25 seconds straight. Even though I had to sub out my 567 Ordos chest for the 561 tier one, I saw a huge DPS increase.

My first time getting loot from a celestial kill. Better yet, I won my bonus roll too. I got a PvP cape and PvE gauntlets :)
Grats man! I had such bad luck with Celestials, took me two months before I got a tier piece :lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hate how weapon dependent Enhance is. 10 ilvls above this elemental and hes out dpsing me because of these stupid weapons

only on trash tho. kicked the shit out of him on t he boss lololol

Tamanon

Banned
I hate how weapon dependent Enhance is. 10 ilvls above this elemental and hes out dpsing me because of these stupid weapons

only on trash tho. kicked the shit out of him on t he boss lololol

It's amazing how important weapons are for melee. Casters can make up the stats elsewhere but weapon damage is a crippled.

Ultratech

It's amazing how important weapons are for melee. Casters can make up the stats elsewhere but weapon damage is a crippled.

So true.

It's one of the more annoying things on my Frost DK.

Until I got a really good 2-Hander for him, he felt kinda weakish.

Now he straight-up wrecks shit. :D

Berordn

The no flying in WoD nerdrage is delicious.

It's curious on both counts. On the one hand they have no compelling use for flying, it either gates you out of high-end content due to accessibility or it only serves as a convenience, and when it's a part of leveling it encourages you to skip over vast stretches of landscape just to cherrypick whatever it is you need to kill/collect.

On the other hand we've had it for 4 expansions now and getting rid of it is going to cause some obvious backlash and the convenience is always nice.

Prologue

It's curious on both counts. On the one hand they have no compelling use for flying, it either gates you out of high-end content due to accessibility or it only serves as a convenience, and when it's a part of leveling it encourages you to skip over vast stretches of landscape just to cherrypick whatever it is you need to kill/collect.

On the other hand we've had it for 4 expansions now and getting rid of it is going to cause some obvious backlash and the convenience is always nice.

We can't get it at 100?

Dawg

I wish we would have never gotten flying mounts. It's easy for our convenience but you lose out on so much of the landscape. At least with a ground mount, you still have to traverse through the environment but you're faster.

Just knowing you can't fly somewhere makes you look differently at a location. You know you have to pass certain enemies and you know they might smack you off your ground mount.

I'm a rogue and I just activate stealth though :>

I wish we would have never gotten flying mounts. It's easy for our convenience but you lose out on so much of the landscape.

Yeah people keep talking about WPVP and all that but that's that's my problem with flying, everything looks so unimpressive when you're that high up, loses all the wonder. Stuff like Jade temple, black temple. blackrock mountain were awe inspiring when I saw them from the ground, but when I flew to them it was just like 'oh'.

It also makes the game world seem tiny.

Khezu

Other solution, make hardened shell a 5 second CD, and let people buy it from vendors.

Make people afraid to get on their mounts.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
With 1 ToT wing left, I'm on track to end up with 2 total runestones this week. Only the 2 guaranteed drops. Last week was only 3.

I'm half-convinced blizzard nerfed the droprate just to keep people busy a little longer after announcing that WoD won't be out for 6+ months.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been thinking about what I need to get done before Warlords of Draenor comes out. Making a little list since I'm done with alts.

•Finish up my monk's cloak
•Finish up my Shaman's cloak
•Get Shaman CM gear
•Get Dark Shaman transmog(which shouldn't take long because of...)
•Get Shaman geared as my main raiding toon. Once I'm geared on him, I don't really care if we some heroics or not since I can find those outside of guild on Zul'jin pretty easy. Then I can help the raids go smoother.
•Possibly H ToT and the achievements for the Skyscreamer and, more importantly, Stormbreaker title.

That said, I don't know if this 25 man thing will be permanent or if it's just a break to get people motivated about raiding. I like a lot of the people in this guild, so I wanna stick with it as long as I can comfortably do SoO normal.

Other than that, there's no mounts I'm dying to have. I got my wolf, and I'm plenty happy with the Dread Raven and Skyreaver.

Oh btw didn't mention it, but got Heroic Galakras down last night. Kind of shit drops though. No trinket even though I think most of the melee bonus rolled that shit too. I did, even though I wasn't planning to otherwise, since one of my coins would just be for the slim chance at a warforged Thok ring.

But yeah, 2/14 H now. Maybe we'll do Norushen next week and I can get some imba weapons. Who knows.

ampere

I'm kind of excited about no flying for a while in WoD.

It's more intimate when you are restricted to ground mounts for a while. When you can fly everywhere it's easy to miss the little things.

I understand why herb/ore farmers are mad, but I never farm so that part doesn't bother me.

I'm kind of excited about no flying for a while in WoD.

It's more intimate when you are restricted to ground mounts for a while. When you can fly everywhere it's easy to miss the little things.

I understand why herb/ore farmers are mad, but I never farm so that part doesn't bother me.

My only concern is their ability to design questing zones without flying in mind. On my first 90 I was in Dread Wastes at 89 in greens and no flying and it was a nightmare.

I mean, theoretically you can cross Icecrown Glacier without a flying mount, but would you want to?

Berordn

My only concern is their ability to design questing zones without flying in mind. On my first 90 I was in Dread Wastes at 89 in greens and no flying and it was a nightmare.

I mean, theoretically you can cross Icecrown Glacier without a flying mount, but would you want to?

Dread Wastes and Icecrown Glacier were both designed with flying in mind, though. The former less so because you could begin the questlines there at 89, but Icecrown and Storm Peaks even gave you a rental mount if you couldn't afford Cold Weather Flying yet.

ampere

It was a nightmare, but in a good way :). The zone was dangerous and scary, and I think that's probably what they intended.

I hate rogue tier sets. They're almost always disappointing.

Rogue T14 is one of my favorite sets in the game, both the normal and LFR coloring.

It's actually most of my monk's Tmog right now.

I wonder if I can still do LFR for those raids on my rogue or if the queues are dead now and I'll have to join normal valor pugs.

I'm okay with no flying in Draenor as long as the zones aren't a pain in the ass to travel in. I don't want a Dread Wastes scenario where there's murder waiting to happen around every corner.

Fucking finally, now to go with the Challenge mode set :D

Goddamn that was hard and extremely satisfying in the end
Congrats! Farthest I've gotten in that fight is the second Felhunter phase. I think I need more gear to do it as he's around 55%-50% when I get there or maybe I should actually gem and enchant my gear first.

The first time I made an attempt all my 463 gear was upgraded to 2/2 which was an utter disaster gemmed and enchanted and all. I decided to up it a bit to 514 and managed to not even use the debuff reset potion. Man it feels like breathing fresh air after I finished it

I'm okay with no flying in Draenor as long as the zones aren't a pain in the ass to travel in. I don't want a Dread Wastes scenario where there's murder waiting to happen around every corner.

I'm gonna hate it since I spend a lot of time farming at the beginning of expansions and having no flying is gonna make it suck.

Getting better and better at my Kanrethad attempts. Hopefully I can finish him off soon.

I did it!

rkJuI31.jpg

Came THIS close to taking a Chaos Bolt to the face to finish me off but dammit I powered through. So happy. Oh my god what a fight.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Congrats! Farthest I've gotten in that fight is the second Felhunter phase. I think I need more gear to do it as he's around 55%-50% when I get there or maybe I should actually gem and enchant my gear first.

Yeah, I'd recommend gear. At a decent item level you will finish the fight right at or before the 2nd felhunter phase. That's how I did it on my 2nd lock, at least.

I hate rogue tier sets. They're almost always disappointing.

I thought the pvp sets and tier have all been really cool for rogues this expac. Sure shuriken hats are a really wierd choice, but the sets have all been very, very class friendly. Tiers 14 and 15 really play on the Ass creed style people love about bloodfist(which i realize outdates assassins creed as a franchise, but hoods) Hats aside the other two are great too, even if the msot recent pvp sets have bee a little platey.

Warriors have been home runs all xpac. Tier 14 is amazing, and once i got over the fat face it's chain mesh creates i loved it. 15 is mogu-tastic but it was our first "pretty" set in a while and all 3 color schemes are great. 16 is too same-ish across tiers, but after seeing how the low cut gloves and boots look on orcs in WoD it got much, much cooler imo. All the pvp sets are beast. Challenge mode armor is a better DK T10 than DKT10. LOVE

I'm cool with no flying at first. Should be interesting.

I agree. Flying really sucked the life out of the cataclysm 80+ zones for me. It made them feel tiny, and the other faction was a red line on the ground to avoid. I really look forward to having to navigate the landscape longterm in WoD, even if it's just for a few months.

Edit: Shit, double post.

Milennia

Oh man.
I may be coming back to the game for the new expansion, yet i havent played in 9 months at a high level.
I may be joining my friends mythic guild (currently world 30th overall) upon returning and i have almost completley forgotten how to play my mage at a high level... Simple priority systems aside, which have stayed relatively the same for arcane and fire since i took my leave, i have still forgotten how to properly use alter time :////// and cooldowns.

Arcane i have seen is the same stuff..
Rune
cooldown macro/pot
Missles at 4 stacks, no missles = barrage
Dont barrage otherwise, not even when moving
Explosion keeps up stacks whilst moving past duration
And now we have icy floes which is no longer shit tier, which i would imagine would be, cast rune if your destination is far enough whilst running and follow the same priority whilst moving as above, 4 stack missles if not procs and 4 stacks barrage, otherwise blast
Living bomb refresh on last tick

Then fire...
Going to need a sec to type this one up.

Is this sounding right so far?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fun story about my green fire quest. I died like RIGHT after finishing him off. So the demons were still in the room, but the girl was in. So I had to control the pit lord to aggro the demons, run to the girl, grab the fire, and hearth out.

Edit: What's the best way to sell Living Steel? In a stack or one by one?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Death Knight to 90.

Got my DK to 90 from 80
Shaman to 90 from 85
Mage to 90 from 85
Hunter to 90 from 85

All this month. Want to powerlevel my Monk to 90 too but hes level 15 and my sub runs out on the 22nd and I get my PS4 the 21st so not planning on renewing it at the minute.

Yep! Now world pvp will come back! Oh wait even most pvp servers are now like 90% one faction, blizz ftl.

It's a non issue with CRZ.

Even on my realm which is one of the highest pop realms in the game and 90% horde I see just as many alliance in the wild as horde.

And on my other dead 90% horde realm they seem to have connected us with dead alliance heavy servers so I see equal amounts of both in Timeless isle and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom