• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whooter

On the other hand we've had it for 4 expansions now and getting rid of it is going to cause some obvious backlash and the convenience is always nice.

New content has only been flyable on release for Cataclysm. Everything else was gated to level. People should be used to waiting for flight by now...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Shaman CM helmet looks like Marty Scorcese or Groucho Marx

look at it. Seriously, right where the 'fur' shows up at the top. It looks like big ol bushy eyebrows.

Berordn

New content has only been flyable on release for Cataclysm. Everything else was gated to level. People should be used to waiting for flight by now...

There's a difference between waiting until max level and waiting for a content patch.

Just saying.

ampere

There's a difference between waiting until max level and waiting for a content patch.

Just saying.

Yeah. Like it or not, this is a totally different approach to flying in WoD. This is no flying for 5 months, or longer if they don't add it for 6.1.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wonder who the next 'new' model reveal will be. IE one that we've seen NOTHING of before like female orc and female human were.

I'm gonna bet Male Night Elf.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Levelling my monk and thought we could post up our UI's and see who has the nicest?

Untitled.png

MKAllDay

So I was considering getting back into this game but as it has been a VERY long time since I played, I have plenty of questions. My last expansion was TBC so would I need to purchase all prior expansions? I notice I am on "Starter Edition" and when I click upgrade it gives me a $20 option as well as a $30 option that includes MoP. Does that mean those options simply give me access to all prior expansion content?

Also I noticed all my characters have been deleted. My Battle.net account has never been hacked and despite my long absence I see no reason they should be gone. Should I open a ticket or was there a wipe at some point?

Finally, is there still a monthly fee? If yes, how much?

So I was considering getting back into this game but as it has been a VERY long time since I played, I have plenty of questions. My last expansion was TBC so would I need to purchase all prior expansions? I notice I am on "Starter Edition" and when I click upgrade it gives me a $20 option as well as a $30 option that includes MoP. Does that mean those options simply give me access to all prior expansion content?

Also I noticed all my characters have been deleted. My Battle.net account has never been hacked and despite my long absence I see no reason they should be gone. Should I open a ticket or was there a wipe at some point?

Finally, is there still a monthly fee? If yes, how much?
The only expansion you would have to purchase right now is Mists of Pandaria. They just folded every expansion up to Cataclysm into the base game and that should go for previous accounts as well.

As for deleted characters, since you are using the Starter Edition it has created a new WoW account inside your Battle.net account. Thus what you're seeing isn't your actual WoW account and you'd have to resub in order to log into it.

Yes, the monthly fee is still tied to the game at $15/month.

MKAllDay

The only expansion you would have to purchase right now is Mists of Pandaria. They just folded every expansion up to Cataclysm into the base game and that should go for previous accounts as well.

As for deleted characters I've never heard of Blizzard deleting characters from accounts. Either you deleted them long ago and forgot about it or something else happened. Also make sure you're looking at the correct server too. If you can't find them then contact support and see what they can do.

Yes, the monthly fee is still tied to the game at $15/month.

Thanks for the response!

Also how come it lets me into the game without paying the monthly fee? Do they have like a 30 day "please come back" trial or something?

Thanks for the response!

Also how come it lets me into the game without paying the monthly fee? Do they have like a 30 day "please come back" trial or something?
I edited my previous post. I glossed over the Starter Edition part of your post. That would be why because the Starter Edition is basically an unlimited trial account.

Fjordson

Thanks for the response!

I believe you can play for free up to level 20? Could be wrong about that, but you can technically get into the game without a sub.

Edit: beaten

educator

Soon going to ding 88. It feels like this last stretch is taking forever, I take it 88-90 is going to take me quiet a while to do. Going to be sweet finally reaching the maximum level for the first time, even though I have no idea what to do when I actually get there. ^^

It's a non issue with CRZ.

Even on my realm which is one of the highest pop realms in the game and 90% horde I see just as many alliance in the wild as horde.

And on my other dead 90% horde realm they seem to have connected us with dead alliance heavy servers so I see equal amounts of both in Timeless isle and stuff.

It's still a major issue. On my old main's server, I can't level toons on it well because of constantly getting ganked by horde. I had a friend on Sargeras invite me to a group so I can level on his server instead. I went 85-90 while on Sargeras (a server dominated by alliance) and saw maybe 2 horde. With CRZ it should be more balanced, but it wasn't. It's basically the same thing with my rogue. My rogue is horde on Kil'jaeden, a server dominated by horde. From 85-90 I again only saw 2-3 alliance the whole time, something that shouldn't be happening with CRZ's.

Anyone know what pieces of armor the the challenge mode procs are tied too? Are do you need the whole set to get the procs? I like to mix and match but I'm thinking of resubbing to get the hunter and maybe pally sets before they're removed.

From 85-90 I again only saw 2-3 alliance the whole time, something that shouldn't be happening with CRZ's.

Pandaria isn't CRZ by default, the only people not connected to your realm that you'll see are people that've been invited.

Berordn

Anyone know what pieces of armor the the challenge mode procs are tied too? Are do you need the whole set to get the procs? I like to mix and match but I'm thinking of resubbing to get the hunter and maybe pally sets before they're removed.

They're tied to pieces of gear (typically shoulders) afaik. You don't need the whole set active to see the proc effects.

mclem

My only concern is their ability to design questing zones without flying in mind. On my first 90 I was in Dread Wastes at 89 in greens and no flying and it was a nightmare.

I mean, theoretically you can cross Icecrown Glacier without a flying mount, but would you want to?

It was a nightmare, but in a good way :). The zone was dangerous and scary, and I think that's probably what they intended.

As I've mentioned before: I willingly did not pick up my flying ability in Pandaria until I'd Loremastered everywhere, and I enjoyed the experience thoroughly. I suspect Blizzard will cave at some point, but I'm completely open to no-flying-in-WoD-full-stop if they choose to do so.

Lack of flying in Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle strike me as promising starts, anyhow.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got 2 more challenge modes done yesterday, down to 1 left for next weekend. Then I can forgot about wow for 6 months.

StMeph

Agree, the helm is ehh. Solution: hide helm! Then it just looks like a frozen warrior.

I almost always hide helm, I like to see my toon's face.

I got 2 more challenge modes done yesterday, down to 1 left for next weekend. Then I can forgot about wow for 6 months.

What guides/compositions are you all running for CMs? Looking into that as the next thing to tackle as I finish my cloak soon.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What guides/compositions are you all running for CMs? Looking into that as the next thing to tackle as I finish my cloak soon.

I honestly don't know about guides. Two of my buddies have been doing all the leg-work on that and then just telling the rest of us the important bits for each individual run, like when to invis pot, which boss to lust on, etc.

Our comp is monk tank, pally healer, frost mage, destro lock (me), and rogue.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I gotta get Elemental gear on the side to get carried through CMs.

One of the guys with server best times was telling me he'd take me instantly if I was ele.

Anoregon

Lashley

Yes, but two things: You won't get the key (and thus 90 boost) until right before the game launches, and that link is a referral. If you DO buy it from the site, go to it manually via google unless you actually know the person who provided that link and you want to give them referral credit.

Ah I'll just get it direct from Blizz for £35

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Some info on what they will have ready in their booth at PAX East 2014:

Ready your decks and pull up a chair, Hearthstone is coming to PAX EAST! If you're attending, join us for a duel or two at BOOTH #848. We’ll have the game ready for you to try out on iPad, as well as some cool giveaways, and for the first time ever Hearthstone will be participating in the Penny Arcade pin-trading program (w00t)! So come cast some spells, sling some daggers, and squash your opponent’s minions! Demo stations will be available 10AM to 6PM, Friday, April 11 through Sunday, April 13.

Here’s a big list of what you can expect at this year’s Blizzard booth:

• Warlords of Draenor hands-on demo featuring updated character models and the intro experience for the upcoming expansion.
  • Hands-on time with the in-development Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition™, playable on PlayStation 4.
  • A chance to find out what’s in the cards for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, and play the mobile version on iPad.
  • A brand-new demo for Heroes of the Storm, featuring new Heroes playable for the first time anywhere outside of Blizzard.
  • Blizzard developers will be on-hand to chat about your favorite games.
  • Blizzard developers will also be giving a presentation at the Albatross Theatre on Friday, April 11 at 10:30 a.m. EDT titled Heroes of the Storm: The Ultimate Blizzard Mashup (streamed live on one of the official PAX Twitch channels for those not in attendance).
  • And did we mention there will be giveaways, prizes, and more? If not . . . there will be giveaways, prizes, and more!
Head on over to east.paxsite.com for panel schedules and hotel and travel information.

We hope to see you there!
Source: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/13120788/blizzard-at-pax-east-2014-3-17-2014

The intro experience ought to be in Tanaan Jungle, of which there is currently no gamplay footage.

Berordn

I'm sure that demo is the same as it was at BlizzCon just with any fixes/adjustments they've made since then.

Or it might be the Shadowmoon/Frostfire experience they featured in the recent Korea/Europe events since that hasn't come to NA at all yet.

So it seems like ToT LFR is impossible on my Warrior. Long ass queue times and everyone leaves after Jin'rokh. Not to mention I still need to kill Horridon to be able to queue for the next wing.

lol LFR is like impossible now thanks to boosted characters.

I boosted my priest and did an lfr.

Only like 3 people stood in jinrock's puddle.

The 2 tanks on horridon swapped after every new stack and tanked him where he spawns.

gg blizz

Berordn

The 2 tanks on horridon swapped after every new stack and tanked him where he spawns.

gg blizz

To be fair, it's not like ToT LFR was a fun or well-executed experience prior to the boost going live either.

gg blizz

didnt the boost only allows you to get to ToT? Blizz should raise the Ilvl for the last two rooms

To be fair, it's not like ToT LFR was a fun or well-executed experience prior to the boost going live either.

I've never had either of those two things ever happen before and I did used to do ToT lfr quit a bit.

This is like literally incomparable to how it was before.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I thought the boosted 90s would get some kind of little training/intro to help with the new class you have no experience with?

Anyway, i assume most people who buy those boosted 90s already played those LFR raids, and are not a bunch of newcomers. So if it seems worse than before, its probably because all the good players probably gave up a long time and are playing Flex raids or simply stopped playing because of lack of new content.

Berordn

I've never had either of those two things ever happen before and I did used to do ToT lfr quit a bit.

This is like literally incomparable to how it was before.

Sounds like you hit the jackpot, since ToT is the reason I stopped doing LFR until a few months into SoO.

I thought the boosted 90s would get some kind of little training/intro to help with the new class you have no experience with?

That's not coming until the expansion proper. It takes place in Taanan Jungle.

Entropia

No One Remembers

gg blizz

I think it's more astounding how, if those were boosted characters that had done it before that they didn't know how to do the fight in a different role.

Lashley

Totally forgot about videos, sorry guys.

I've never raided since im an altoholic so I'll need to look too.

Ultratech

Spent about a good two hours last night trying to get the achievement for Durumu.
You Said Crossing the Streams Was Bad

Jesus...you'd think people have never done the fight properly.

Anywho, wasn't until I put myself on watch duty (so I could mark wherever that damn white spot popped up) that we started to get anywhere.

But most of our problems generally came from a few things:
-People not knowing shit about the beams. WHY.
-People moving the beam too slow or too fast.
-People dying to maze. (You have to go through two mazes...)
-People getting blasted off the platform.
(This is where I learned that Durumu does this stupid attack the instant you end the beam phase assuming it doesn't take too long. I got booted one time because I wasn't expecting it right then while killing Fog Beasts.)

We got close a few times to completing it, but we generally had too many people die, and we'd fail.
Hell, we even had one instance of the Blue and Red Beams focused on one person.
That wasn't fun.

I think I'd die to Durumu's maze at this point. That mechanic is easy to get rusty on and there are times you can stand in spots that are clearly full of shit and take no damage. Probably the worst implemented new mechanic we've seen in this expansion. It's like trying to dodge Heigan's dance except you have to step on cobblestones instead of pie slices.

Salamando

I think I'd die to Durumu's maze at this point. That mechanic is easy to get rusty on and there are times you can stand in spots that are clearly full of shit and take no damage. Probably the worst implemented new mechanic we've seen in this expansion. It's like trying to dodge Heigan's dance except you have to step on cobblestones instead of pie slices.

In terms of boss mechanics, I hated Garalon's Pheramones far more. So many times would the switch happen twice in succession, resulting in back-to-back crushes. And yet other times it would take a few seconds to switch. Caused more wipes that it should've.

Funny thing about the maze - first time I joined my raid in ToT, they took bets on whether I'd die or not. Made an easy 5K just by surviving when some people who had it on farm didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom