• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touch

i feel so bad right now. just got out healed in a flex by a 90 boost in mostly greens. like a 40 item level difference. the struggle.

Umm that might be a random question but since a friend convinced me to hop back in with a 10-day trial I wondered if one thing is finally possible with UI addons in WoW: Is there a way to change the color of the font from being predominantly yellow to something else like lets say white or blue? :eek:

I haven't played WoW since around 2009 and I always wanted to do that back then even so I figured it can't hurt to ask here. Thanks for any infos in advance! :)

Umm that might be a random question but since a friend convinced me to hop back in with a 10-day trial I wondered if one thing is finally possible with UI addons in WoW: Is there a way to change the color of the font from being predominantly yellow to something else like lets say white or blue? :eek:

I haven't played WoW since around 2009 and I always wanted to do that back then even so I figured it can't hurt to ask here. Thanks for any infos in advance! :)

Which font? Almost all text in game can be modified in font, color and size, but I don't know of any one addon that does it all.

Spent about a good two hours last night trying to get the achievement for Durumu.
You Said Crossing the Streams Was Bad

Jesus...you'd think people have never done the fight properly.

Anywho, wasn't until I put myself on watch duty (so I could mark wherever that damn white spot popped up) that we started to get anywhere.

But most of our problems generally came from a few things:
-People not knowing shit about the beams. WHY.
-People moving the beam too slow or too fast.
-People dying to maze. (You have to go through two mazes...)
-People getting blasted off the platform.
(This is where I learned that Durumu does this stupid attack the instant you end the beam phase assuming it doesn't take too long. I got booted one time because I wasn't expecting it right then while killing Fog Beasts.)

We got close a few times to completing it, but we generally had too many people die, and we'd fail.
Hell, we even had one instance of the Blue and Red Beams focused on one person.
That wasn't fun.

I actually blame blizz system for slow computers to not actually see the same maze as the ones who have a decent pc.

Berordn

I actually blame blizz system for slow computers to not actually see the same maze as the ones who have a decent pc.

The effect they use for the maze is really just an awful idea on top of all that. Making it a wavy, constantly shifting appearance and then expecting people to be able to immediately notice when it clears up when there may or may not already be a lingering gaze there was just a dumb idea.

If it was bright green and a rigid outline half the issues with it would've been resolved right there.

The effect they use for the maze is really just an awful idea on top of all that. Making it a wavy, constantly shifting appearance and then expecting people to be able to immediately notice when it clears up when there may or may not already be a lingering gaze there was just a dumb idea.

If it was bright green and a rigid outline half the issues with it would've been resolved right there.

Yeah even with a good computer it's confusing as fuck and I'd say I still die maybe about 1/3 of the time I do it in LFR (though I haven't done it recently) just because it's so hard to make out.

Yeah, the maze is complete bullshit. I've only survived once and every single time I do the fight I can't for the life of me see where it begins.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, the maze is complete bullshit. I've only survived once and every single time I do the fight I can't for the life of me see where it begins.

Just always stand behind where it's forming. It always forms consistently one way, so you just stand behind where it starts to form

Tarazet

I've never had either of those two things ever happen before and I did used to do ToT lfr quit a bit.

This is like literally incomparable to how it was before.

I hopped on my bear, who is still kitted out in full T15 normal gear from farming ToT like crazy, and queued up for a satchel. It was the first group I've had in a long time with a co-tank that knew the fights and a group that didn't just blindly DPS Horridon. It was actually refreshing.

Which font? Almost all text in game can be modified in font, color and size, but I don't know of any one addon that does it all.

Thanks for the reply, that sounds promising as back then I was unable to even edit just one color! :) Also that's a good question, I can post some screenshots later today when I play, like said I haven't played it in a good while and I remember most of the text being colored in a (for me) ugly yellow color. It's certainly nothing I really mind but I love tinkering with UIs :p

StMeph

Anyone interested in doing Challenge Modes? Trying to get a group of 5 together. Can go as Blood or Unholy DK.

Edit: NA Horde

Prologue

I haven't played in over a year(85 Rogue). Been reading up on the updates lately and can't help but feel the game seems to be more fun now in regards to gear? Timeless Isle seems like a cool place and I love how you can send BOA items to alts so they can have some gear when they ding 90. Theres even an item that helps turn your gear better(Burden of Eternity). Stuff like this would encourage me to play more, even to get my feet wet with raiding. Am I getting the wrong idea or is wow in a better place atm? Even scenarios sound interesting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I haven't played in over a year(85 Rogue). Been reading up on the updates lately and can't help but feel the game seems to be more fun now in regards to gear? Timeless Isle seems like a cool place and I love how you can send BOA items to alts so they can have some gear when they ding 90. Theres even an item that helps turn your gear better(Burden of Eternity). Stuff like this would encourage me to play more, even to get my feet wet with raiding. Am I getting the wrong idea or is wow in a better place atm? Even scenarios sound interesting.

Maybe someone disagrees with me, but HS are lazy fucking dungeons. It's Blizzard being too cheap to commit to patching in dungeons and sticking in these un-fun 3 man instances. I have not enjoyed a single one, especially compared to stuff like Jade Serpent and Brewery.

The game's definitely a lot more fun to gear.,

Enosh

purple swirly lines on the floor is where you are supposed to start, stay at the edge of the lines not near the beam of course

and 5.4 made the maze look so much clearer

StMeph

Maybe someone disagrees with me, but HS are lazy fucking dungeons. It's Blizzard being too cheap to commit to patching in dungeons and sticking in these un-fun 3 man instances. I have not enjoyed a single one, especially compared to stuff like Jade Serpent and Brewery.

The game's definitely a lot more fun to gear.,

Timeless is literally welfare epics to help people catch up in ilevel to qualify for the highest tier of LFRs. There won't be enough for every slot, but there's usually enough to run T15, and after a few more drops, should be enough for T16. T15 LFR is even more hit-or-miss than usual with the influx of newly minted pre-order 90s though. Also note that Timeless allows people who use a certain item to gank even same-faction players, unless you're on a PvE server, in which case, disregard that note.

I feel like Scenarios are interesting from a lore perspective, since they tend to be little vignettes about some of the major plot events that happened throughout the expansion. Game-wise and mechanically, however, they're pretty mindless, because it's about as simple as it gets (not being really tuned or balanced for anything, can be run with 3 warm bodies), and Heroic Scenarios are kind of pointless to new/latecomers because there's no incentive to run them.

Brawler's Guild is my favorite part so far. DPS puzzles with mechanical quirks.

Scenarios were supposed to sort of be a replacement for group quests, but I feel they failed on that front because they all require level 90. And the fact that they only pumped out new scenarios instead of any new 5-mans in the patches kind of irked me. Because scenarios ARE NOT a replacement for dungeons.

Berordn

Because scenarios ARE NOT a replacement for dungeons.

I dunno, I really feel like they can be. Dungeons are boring, repetitive, and the holy trinity makes them pretty damn uninteresting and pretty samey. Scenarios have the ability to be something more engaging but not dissimilar.

But eh, I feel like they missed the mark with both this expansion.

wowscrnshot_031814_1638fix.jpg

Heh, people getting bored waiting for Huolon to spawn.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Should flex really have mechanics like Galakras that can wipe the whole raid because one person couldn't be bothered to read the fight? It's really frustrating to have a perfect Galakras lead up then immediately wipe because some rogue was on the other side of everyone else

Khezu

Scenario's would be more interesting if they were used for leveling, specifically used as a conclusion to long chain quests.

StMeph

Should flex really have mechanics like Galakras that can wipe the whole raid because one person couldn't be bothered to read the fight? It's really frustrating to have a perfect Galakras lead up then immediately wipe because some rogue was on the other side of everyone else

...yes?

At some point there should be raid-wide consequences for poor awareness and execution. Flex is already neutered enough, why make it like LFR? Flex has discretionary invitations, so it's not like there isn't a way to directly control who does and does not join in the group.

Scenario's would be more interesting if they were used for leveling, specifically used as a conclusion to long chain quests.

imokaywiththis.jpg

Tell me about it, I am always paired with english guys and they cant understand their own language.

Entropia

No One Remembers

...yes?

At some point there should be raid-wide consequences for poor awareness and execution. Flex is already neutered enough, why make it like LFR? Flex has discretionary invitations, so it's not like there isn't a way to directly control who does and does not join in the group.

Yup.

Kenai

He will say his thing, then you'll see him charging up his beam. Stand by the beam, and you'll see purple lines on the ground going either left or right. You want to follow them that way.

Then there will be 3 paths (that sometimes intersect). The path furthest away is usually the widest but requires near constant running to keep ahead of the beam. The one closest to him is for melee and tanks and requires little movement but also is the smallest area to move around in (really sucks if someone left purple there). The middle path is in between the two.

I prefer the middle path myself as ranged.

I think it's fine as long as the game makes me aware of who the perp is so terrible things can happen to them if they don't straighten out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
...yes?

A 'one person screwed up so everyone dies' mechanic is stupid. In all raids. So if someone DCs? Oh well, everyone's fucked!

Course this is the same creative raid tier where every fight is just THROW ADDS AT THEM

Khezu

Vanilla servers are something that I just never got the appeal of, the game has just changed so much over the years, I don't think I can ever go back.

However, I do sorta see why some people want it, but rather then having a straight vanilla server, I would rather have an "elite" server type thing.

The server would be all by itself, no cross realm anything, no LFG, no LFR. Even battlegrounds would only pull from people on the server.

The server would also be tweaked a bit.

-No heirlooms and experience buffs
-No flying mounts in any zones except maybe a few where they are specifically needed
-Past level 30, all mobs in zones would be elite and require grouping
-You can't be both factions on the server, either horde or alliance
-Forced population control, if one faction starts growing too big, you won't be able to create new characters on that side for awhile, incentives for joining the weaker faction(this is probably a terrible idea)
-After a month or two of inactivity your characters are wiped

Most of this is just crap off the top of my head, but you get the point, a more classic experience with out having to go all the way back to vanilla where the game was kinda shit.

Maybe even go crazier with it by adding in attunments again, or things like that.

IDK, it would just be something different and a weird experiment.

JCizzle

Durumu should have a green floor with a fire maze, not a brown floor with a dark purple maze. It doesn't contrast enough for many people and I can understand the frustration.

But eh, I feel like they missed the mark with both this expansion.

Cosigned. It's not as disastrous as it was in Cataclysm (level 82 dungeon in a level 84 zone, GG), but the paucity of sub-90 dungeons and complete lack of 'normal mode' 90 dungeons created a very poorly paced instancing experience. If Blizzard can't create some interesting 91-99 Scenarios in WoD at the very least I'll be extremely disappointed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No Dark Shaman treasure box from flex. Blizzard says it drops in there, but I can't find a single post where someone says they got it.

Oh well, got 540 Haromm's trinket

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really think that was a mistake and Blizzard just hasn't been asked to double check it. I've never seen a flex exclusive raider in the gear. Where as it's a pretty regular drop on normal.

Which is fine. I just wish Blizzard would say, 'he we were wrong, it doesn't drop on flex.' So I can stop doing flex. Oh well, I keep running normal, and it'll show up. Apparently you can get it multiple times.

edit: Skoll should be what shaman wolf form looks like
skoll-lightning.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's what happens when Blizz doesn't open up about drops. People come up with theories. One I read was like 'oh you can get it from normal or flex but only one chance per week' etc etc.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
We’ve recently implemented an often requested feature to enable cross-realm raiding for Siege of Orgrimmar. Cross-realm BattleTag™ and Real ID friends can now raid together and take the fight to Garrosh on Normal or Heroic difficulty. Players will be able to earn greater rewards such as Reins of the Kor'kron War Wolf or the title of Conqueror/Liberator of Orgrimmar; both of which aren’t available to be earned within Flexible or Raid Finder difficulty.

This change is currently live.
Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12091049604

Do I hear a GAF raid in the making?

TheYanger

Weird, the way they were talking made it sound like they needed to do some kind of major patch to make this happen.

Definitely not a bad thing, though.

Nah the issue was that they couldn't do it for normal without doing it for heroic. Guess they just decided to get over it for now.

Berordn

Nah the issue was that they couldn't do it for normal without doing it for heroic. Guess they just decided to get over it for now.

Ah. I guess giving people something to do rather than unsub for a few months is a better deal for them even if it means some slowcore raider backlash.

Rokam

You know I liked LFR, being able to gear up so I can solo old shit without having to join a guild. It's practically my end game content, but Blizzard pretty much ruined it completely with the free 90's. 100% terrible and I have zero interest in ever doing it again, I'm only 4 runestones away for my alts cloak but the groups I've been getting are just atrocious.

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, I think it gets better if you're not in the first couple wings of Throne of Thunder. Usually people are catching on past that.

Rokam

Eh, I think it gets better if you're not in the first couple wings of Throne of Thunder. Usually people are catching on past that.

Galakras, DK tank in greens dual wielding. It's made clear he's on the ground team, he goes up to tower other tank is forced to come back down, someone bitches so DK then leaves the tower tankless. You shouldn't be able to get into SoO until you've replaced all your starter gear.

Get into a Downfall, both tanks have green weapons, a few epics and the rest greens. Not even going to bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom