• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocab

People still complaining about the maze? My god.

i feel so bad right now. just got out healed in a flex by a 90 boost in mostly greens. like a 40 item level difference. the struggle.

What class out healed you? And what class were you?

Rokam

People still complaining about the maze? My god.

Maze is so much easier if you don't try to be next to the boss. I think people fail to realize his hitbox is huge for a reason. You can run through the middle maze and still hit him most of the time.

Enosh

gearing my new 90 there is one thing i noticed
the 20k timeless coins weapons seem like a bit of a rip off
for 20k coins you can get 20 ToT charms, there are like 3-4 bosses that drop 502 weapons for each class (give or take don't exactly remember all), baring really bad luck you are bound to get one of those with the coins or just normal loot

I guess spending them on the coins is more of a gamble since it's possible to just have really shit luck, but you can get other stuff, tier, trinkets, etc, tot loot chances are pretty nice overall, at least 1 item per run wing from what i've seen on my mage and now hunter and bonus rolls just increase that

Kind of surprised they enabled cross-realm for normal (and heroic, though I don't think that matters as much) SoO so early and without any advance warning, but I suppose it's not necessarily a bad thing if it means I can do some Openraid normal SoO on my alt when he's at that point. Still need to gear him through flex though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just did 25 man Sha normal.

Wow, fuck the 25 man version. That's fucking ridiculous how much more they ask of you. Even with 25 people.

Took about 2 hours for us to down heroic Immerseus tonight (really an hour and a half since our other mage was having computer issues). Won a helm with my bonus roll. Wanted the trinket way more and the helm has meh stats for Frost, but still an upgrade at least. Put an hour of attempts into heroic Protectors. Had one decent attempt where we got to Rook's second desperate measure but we had trouble passing He's desperate measure around right.

Also tonight I FINALLY won a BoA piece from flex Garrosh tonight. Gonna rotate the staff between my Priest and Druid.

Acidote

My guild is still stuck on heroic Blackfuse. Three bosses left and we don't seem to be able to down them because we never have time to give them trys, as our healers keep arriving late every day. At least I convinced the GM to recruit more healers, and let the others gtfo if they don't like the bench when they arrive late.

Oh, and by the way, after months of killing HM protectors and iron juggernaught, I have yet to see a heroic weapon. I'm getting sick of this. I have enough gloves and boots from the drops and bonus rolls to set up a shop.

Our resto Druid forgot to change his loot specialization on heroic Immerseus and won the agility staff with his bonus roll. Our Guardian Druid was pissed lol.

Fjordson

Finally got a 561 weapon. So happy, been using a flex crossbow for months.

Also, I love that SoO normal is cross realm now. My server was already super high pop, but getting into a decent pug group seems even easier now.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Alright, so, I was out all of yesterday afternoon/night. So yesterday Blizzard just decided to add in that you can do SoO cross-realm on Normal and Heroic?????? Weird.

StMeph

Didn't realize 10 mans weren't real raids

You don't want to go down that rabbit hole. It's a debate that won't end, and part of the reason why Blizzard chose to only put in one raid size for the highest difficulty. That, and I would imagine it's easier to tune for a fixed size.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As an aside, we did our 25 man 'alts' and a few pugs run. Went surprisingly well though I know one of our better healers won't be here for Thursday. Still, I managed to get Assurance, and a pair of boots. Used all my bonus rolls and got nothing. We had a Haromm's Talisman drop too, but I already got Assurance, so I wanted someone else to get it. Only chance I have left for a weapon upgrade this week is if we get to Paragons Thursday and if I can find a flex 4 tonight.

So the tally now is

Week 1 Flex & Normal - No Transmog. I will keep track of this.

Dawg

Sometimes, I want to slap my 14 year old self for not spending all of my DKP for the Corrupted Ashbringer back in the day

GODDAMN WHY

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Am now officially on the runestone step for the first time. On the character that likely isn't even my main anymore. Oh well, it'll get me into Ordos on the 'main'

1up

Killed Heroic Paragons WAY faster then Blackfuse. It seems that once you kill the Poison Mind you are on easy street. It's weird to think that our little guild is on H Garrosh.

If this xpac doesn't come out until September we'll all have mounts by then!

Touchdown

Banned
Killed Heroic Paragons WAY faster then Blackfuse. It seems that once you kill the Poison Mind you are on easy street. It's weird to think that our little guild is on H Garrosh.

Speaking of heroics, my raid group has just completed 10m normal mode soo, but we're not quite sure what we want to do next. Some of us want to just take it easy and try for achieves and keep doing normal for more chances at the boa and some of us want to go into heroics. Which heroic encounter would you guys recommend starting on? I keep hearing Noru isn't that bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Grats. My guild is taking a hiatus from heroics. I don't really wanna leave thus why I'm gearing the Shaman now, but I imagine I'll eventually want to try something more challenging.

But my main goal is just to have the Kor'kron treasure before WoD, which I can do in normal(and supposedly) flex

Zemm

oh my god, LFR is fucking awful now with boosted characters. I don't even want to blame people that boost characters but atleast spend some time reading and learning about the class before joining LFR (that's what I did with my boosted character) but you know you're in for an awful time when I am 2nd on dps with a boosted character with an iLevel of 498. Fucking hell, the last LFR in Underhold was probably the worst thing I've had to do in WoW.

ampere

Hey guys, just got back after a 5-6 month break.

What's the fastest way to earn the charms to redeem for the warforged seals?

Go to the Timeless Isle and romp around. You kill monsters and loot chests, it's pretty neat and you get tons of Lesser Charms.

A quick way to get there is talking to Chromie above Mogu'shan Palace, you should get a quest to see her when you log in.

Zemm

Sometimes, I want to slap my 14 year old self for not spending all of my DKP for the Corrupted Ashbringer back in the day

GODDAMN WHY

To make you feel better, I have it but only tank or heal on my Paladin right now so it never gets used.

PatDH

oh my god, LFR is fucking awful now with boasted characters. I don't even want to blame people that boast characters but atleast spend some time reading and learning about the class before joining LFR (that's what I did with my boasted character) but you know you're in for an awful time when I am 2nd on dps with a boasted character with an iLevel of 498. Fucking hell, the last LFR in Underhold was probably the worst thing I've had to do in WoW.

Ok, spelling boosted with an a that many times surely means it can't be a mistake. Is it a new nickname for them or something? Annoyed me more than it should have lol.

Hey guys, just got back after a 5-6 month break.

What's the fastest way to earn the charms to redeem for the warforged seals?

Well, assuming you don't have a huge stockpile...

Timeless Isle. The weekly chests contain a good amount (one on the pillar gives 12 I think all the time). Killing Evermaw and the Ship both give in the low double digits each as well. Besides that just killing elites and other rares will give you a decent amount, and if you're still strapped for charms, you can always do any of the various dailies around Pandaria for 2 each.

PatDH

It's just me being an idiot.

Fair enough lol.

Man I had a terrible time with flex wing 1 in the weekend. Would down 1 or 2 bosses then a few people would leave and that would lead to the whole thing falling apart because no one had any patience.
Hopefully have better luck this weekend.

Well, assuming you don't have a huge stockpile...

Timeless Isle. The weekly chests contain a good amount (one on the pillar gives 12 I think all the time).

It's definitely not 100%, but yeah opening chests will get you a lot.
If they still happen, form a shaohao rep grinding group. You'll get ~150-175/hour this way if there's no competition.
If solo just farm the mobs at old pi'ju, gulp frogs or low-tier cows, whichever area has the least competition.

Any of these methods is much faster than dailies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom