• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Also, just chill out around the north part of the Isle. Several rares pop there(Ship, Turtle, Arch and the like). A couple rare kills, even just a light tap while everyone else kills it will get you as many charms as you need.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm so looking forward to getting this character geared just so I have to stop putting in so much time on the game. I don't know if Blizzard knows what kind of monster they created with three seperate loot lockouts. It makes it so someone like me who wants to gear asap is doing all 3.

So my week is like
LFR all of ToT for secrets/half of runes(2x for the Monk's quest since I'm finishing that off)
LFR all of SoO for upgrades(though, I don't need anything from wing 3 anymore)
LFR all of wing 1 and 2 of SoO so I can finish off my cloak and get runestones
Flex 1 and 2 of SoO for upgrades for my Shaman
and then doing normals with the guild.

That's a whole lot of hours in one week.

Touch

That shouldn't happen =/
I understand this. It was my first time healing wing 4 of flex though. So I kinda didn't know what I was doing. AND that druid raids with members from Method and Mid Winter quite often so yeah. i just got outplayed.

vocab

I understand this. It was my first time healing wing 4 of flex though. So I kinda didn't know what I was doing. AND that druid raids with members from Method and Mid Winter quite often so yeah. i just got outplayed.

Oh, well you are fine then lol

vilmer_

Nostalgia inc! Here's some pretty cool and never seen before screenies from Furor, err Alex Afrasiabi.

Testing Battle for the Undercity.
i0TLTjhEPFDQV.jpg

Bug in Wrath beta.
iYcp64wVKEdD4.jpg

First Naaru put into the game.
irAMC1yXraYb9.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just think it's kind of silly, 'Here's the island for getting ready to pve!... Oh wait you can just farm honor and do it that way and get into flexes and possibly normals'

Ultratech

Welp, finally downed Garrosh on Normal. (Hooray!)

Frankly, the whole run was pretty rewarding.
-Got Bow off Protectors.
-Got Ring off Galakras
-Got Gun off Malkorok (Big yay!)
-Got another Ring off some boss...(I forgot)
-Won Kovok off Bonus Roll on Paragons
-Got those silly achievements, title, and mount!

Good two nights all and all.
Only real fights we had trouble with were Spoils (they kept wanting to 9-man it...with predictable results until we found another guy) and Garrosh.

mclem

The maze itself is fine, it's the graphic effect they chose for it. I ran it today and it's *better* but it's still not as readable as it should be, which is the biggest flaw with it.

The trick is in learning to recognise the moment when it 'solidifies', for want of a better term. If you're in close you won't have long to react to it happening. Since there's a time delay on the chaotic swirlies dissipating, if you wait for them to be fully gone and the gap to be apparent, you're going to need very good reactions. If, however, you can spot when the *other* walls form up, you can move into the gap even though there's still a visual effect of gas there, and that made a huge difference to my guild.

1up

Speaking of heroics, my raid group has just completed 10m normal mode soo, but we're not quite sure what we want to do next. Some of us want to just take it easy and try for achieves and keep doing normal for more chances at the boa and some of us want to go into heroics. Which heroic encounter would you guys recommend starting on? I keep hearing Noru isn't that bad.

Norushen is probably the easiest followed by Immerseus. I see people usually do Galakras after. Also Heroic Sha of Pride has Pacman!

Liha

Banned
Which heroic encounter would you guys recommend starting on? I keep hearing Noru isn't that bad.

Immerseus -> Norushen -> Galakras -> The Fallen Protectors -> Iron Juggernaut -> Kor'kron Dark Shaman -> Sha of Pride (maybe after Juggernaut if enough DPS) -> General Nazgrim

Acidote

We've done them in raid order with the exception of HM Dark Shamans which we skipped for a while. Now we're back to raid order.

Current guild we've done Immerseus followed by Galakras and are preparing for Fallen Protectors this week though TBH I think we could have fit Norushen in there before Protectors.

Partly that's greed on my part though since I want swords :p

Though from what I understand the enrage timer on Norushen can be pretty tight and
some of our raid is still a bit undergeared.

If we had a longer raid schedule we might have been able to fit Norushen in, but 6 hours is really tight and you have to be very efficient.

mclem

O frabjous day!

We didn't *quite* get a second Garrosh kill last week, so we went back in on the first raid day of this week, and managed to get it. Which means I'm saved to a completed instance. And I don't do alts. I have a reasonable excuse to take the rest of the week off.

Small pleasures!

(Also, we're getting our server merged soon to a smaller one. Need to figure out some plans for cross-realm guild recruiting)

Acidote

Current guild we've done Immerseus followed by Galakras and are preparing for Fallen Protectors this week though TBH I think we could have fit Norushen in there before Protectors.

Partly that's greed on my part though since I want swords :p

Though from what I understand the enrage timer on Norushen can be pretty tight and
some of our raid is still a bit undergeared.

If we had a longer raid schedule we might have been able to fit Norushen in, but 6 hours is really tight and you have to be very efficient.

That's one of the things I want to get my guild to get better at. We have to be faster on our farmed bosses as we only raid 2 hours each night from sunday to thursday, so we have more time for new kills. Last night we started the save and could only get in front of Nazgrim. That's three bosses per hour and I want that up to 4 bosses per hour. The ideal Wednesday would end with a Malkorok kill, followed by quick Spoils and Thok kills on Thursday and the rest of the raid night and the whole of Monday and Tuesday raid nights dedicated to new kills (Blackfuse atm).

I wish we could extend saves, but we're lacking key equipment on certain characters (like my weapons being an enh shaman).

StayDead

Well I didn't realise this thread existed, but here I am. I was the resto druid Qikz in Nevermore on Silvermoon for about 2-3 years so if anyone remembers that guild and knows me send me a PM since there's not many active members anymore after they somewhat disbanded last year.

I quit in 2012 after getting bored with the end of cataclysm and was very ready to never come back. Well I got nostalgic and decided to try the Mists beta and I've found I'm really enjoying the game again, maybe even enough to buy the expansion and resub.

Today (second day of trial) I though I'd go back to the Isle of Quel'danas where I spent a huge amount of time to try and farm the Orb of Sin'dorei again. I got it on my mage but never on my druid which annoyed me so there I went.

Anyways, before I quit I went on a rare mount farming spree and did Kael'thas nearly 100 times to try and get the white hawkstrider which I never achieved. I forgot it existed and when going for my orb run today it dropped. I couldn't believe it x_x

Zemm

3 wipes so far on LFR Blackfuse. LFR is a miserable experience nowadays, so annoying since I need the gear on this alt :///

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, I love the PVP Shaman set.

It's weird that the Panda expansion(granted hte 'Orc' tier of it) has some of the best Orcish armor designs.

Edit: Kargath's bladefist is the fucking bane of my existence. Get Ashes in like 5 kills. 20 kills later, no Bladefist.

3 wipes so far on LFR Blackfuse. LFR is a miserable experience nowadays, so annoying since I need the gear on this alt :///

I get the feeling that they knew LFR was going to evolve into a roiling black hole of shit by expansion's end, and when they designed the final leg of the legendary cloak quest they made a change to remove killing Garrosh as part of the requirement.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
LFR is harder than flex.

Because flex is 10-25 people attempting to kill something.
LFR is 5 people attempting to kill something

Touchdown

Banned
LFR is harder than flex.

Because flex is 10-25 people attempting to kill something.
LFR is 5 people attempting to kill something

This. :( I was helping a guildy last night gear up who took a break and just recently came back so I queued up with him for ToT LFR as tank in full normal SoO tier set and I swear most of the dps just stood there as about 10 of us were killing the trash and bosses down. That will probably be my last time doing LFR for a loooooong time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This. :( I was helping a guildy last night gear up who took a break and just recently came back so I queued up with him for ToT LFR as tank in full normal SoO tier set and I swear most of the dps just stood there as about 10 of us were killing the trash and bosses down. That will probably be my last time doing LFR for a loooooong time.

I tanked Durumu on my WW monk for the last 6 or 7 percent, and I was still like 25% of the damage. It was depressing.

edit: I swear every time there's a bad lust, it's a Mage doing it
edit2: I think I'm strictly 25 man raiding from now on if I ever have to find another guild. I'm so sick of 'have to have an offspec.' I want to learn THIS spec. I want to play with THIS spec and perfect THIS spec. Why are you punishing me for playing a hybrid? You don't make mages switch to fire for certain fights.

PatDH

Last night I felt like a babysitter while doing the protectors. Should have known it would be bad going into the first wing of LFR but ive had no luck with a new bow dropping so hoped it wouldnt be too bad.
Raid leader was useless so I ended up having to give orders over the chat to make sure people attacked the right boss in the right order, switched to adds, got in the bubble etc.. it was frustrating. Spent half the fight typing & still came 2nd in DPS.
All just to get 20 gold at the end of it haha.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone else feel like Str dps cloak should have been a different effect? Xuen makes perfect sense for agility but strength? I don't know, I guess there was nothing like a gorilla celestial or something that would have fit better.

Ten's the hard cap, and my condolences to the group that actually hits it.
I know Garalon was the LFR killer for awhile and likely got many groups to the cap. In fairly certain I joined one that has some stacks already and didn't get through the fight until nine stacks.

llamarawk

Hey guys. Just starting this up after long hiatus (last I played was bc) and I no longer have my account. Leveling a 34 shadow priest now, and while the game is so different I'm picking up on the changes quickly. Any pointers for someone tryin to catch up on missed content?

I know Garalon was the LFR killer for awhile and likely got many groups to the cap. In fairly certain I joined one that has some stacks already and didn't get through the fight until nine stacks.

Yep, Garalon is where I saw it at 8. Endless stream of mouthbreathers sexually attracted to standing underneath him at all times. Garalon humping the floor harder than Jamaican daggering dancers for 3 minutes isn't fun.

Hey guys. Just starting this up after long hiatus (last I played was bc) and I no longer have my account. Leveling a 34 shadow priest now, and while the game is so different I'm picking up on the changes quickly. Any pointers for someone tryin to catch up on missed content?

Getting to 90 is pretty self-explanatory now. No need to follow guides as there are breadcrumbs everywhere from 1-90. Once you hit 90, prioritize farming Timeless Isle for rudimentary gear. The Azure Water Strider is the best new mount in the game, get one asap. Skip all the secondary tradeskills except fishing, they're completely useless now. Keep yourself constantly queued for things from 80-90, whatever floats your boat (pvp or instances). Max out Tillers rep for the utility of a 16-plot farm at Sunsong Ranch. Apart from that, just grind valor, raid at your comfort zone and do the legendary cloak quest at your leisure.

StayDead

Yep, Garalon is where I saw it at 8. Endless stream of mouthbreathers sexually attracted to standing underneath him at all times. Garalon humping the floor harder than Jamaican daggering dancers for 3 minutes isn't fun.

Getting to 90 is pretty self-explanatory now. No need to follow guides as there are breadcrumbs everywhere from 1-90. Once you hit 90, prioritize farming Timeless Isle for rudimentary gear. The Azure Water Strider is the best new mount in the game, get one asap. Skip all the secondary tradeskills except fishing, they're completely useless now. Keep yourself constantly queued for things from 80-90, whatever floats your boat (pvp or instances). Max out Tillers rep for the utility of a 16-plot farm at Sunsong Ranch. Apart from that, just grind valor, raid at your comfort zone and do the legendary cloak quest at your leisure.

Is cooking really useless now? I maxed it out on Cataclysm for two characters and was wondering if I should continue it if I resub. :p

Is cooking really useless now? I maxed it out on Cataclysm for two characters and was wondering if I should continue it if I resub. :p

There is a glut of feasts and 250-275 stat food in the WoW universe. I can't even run Celestials without seeing 2-3 feasts on the ground. If you're in a large enough guild someone else already has Master of the Ways and will give away 300 stat food, especially if they ground out the Cooking School Bell. Unless you're completely on your own in the game there's no reason whatsoever to train Pandaren Cooking at this stage. The rewards from capping it out are pretty awful.

Archaeology isn't much improved from Cata. First Aid is expensive as fuck to level and the only use I've found for it is Challenge Modes. Fishing will get you an Azure Water Strider, so it gets a pass.

Cooking is the least useless it's ever been

In the context of someone returning to the game who can presumably find a guild, there's no reason to even get 600 cooking. Others will provide. There is no personal benefit to grinding it out. Farm something else and then sell it for cash if you absolutely have to buy your own 300 stat foods. They're not very expensive considering the oversupply of materials and finished product.

StayDead

Welp, I've hit the level cap of the trial (1 point of XP off of 86) and here's the time whether I work out if I want to buy the expansion and resub for a while. I think the answers yes and I'll do it tomorrow, if not only just to get level 90 in time for the next expansion.

I can't believe after such a long break (well 2 years isn't that long) I've just fallen back in love with the game that was so important to me and it feels like I never left (other than Nevermore being dead now ;;)

ZServ

Ugh, I really hate myself for asking this, but is there possibly anyone with a guild wanting to gear for Heroics that don't mind carrying someone for Ahead of the Curve? I want that War Wolf so badly. I have had next to no luck making any sort of significant progress with PUGs. Alliance.

Also, has anyone done the math to see how long it would take a monk to "level themselves" all the way to cap doing nothing but the monk daily? Can't imagine it would take too long with Darkmoon buff, heirlooms, monk buff and exp pot. Interesting idea.

Welp, I've hit the level cap of the trial (1 point of XP off of 86) and here's the time whether I work out if I want to buy the expansion and resub for a while. I think the answers yes and I'll do it tomorrow, if not only just to get level 90 in time for the next expansion.

I can't believe after such a long break (well 2 years isn't that long) I've just fallen back in love with the game that was so important to me and it feels like I never left (other than Nevermore being dead now ;;)

WoW has that kind of effect. No matter how far you are from it, it will always make it's way back into your heart.

Cocaine does that too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Found an 8/14H guild looking for an Enhancement Shaman.

Sucks this guys only a week old. If I just went with him instead of the Monk, I'd have an easier chance at getting into it. It seems like they're still interested, but I have to get some logs together, and I don't have any on him currently, so it's just kind of awkward to do the whole, 'I'm still running with you guys to get some gear... then i'm ditching you!' thing even if we do have pugs that's not that different, really.

Might just end up sticking with this guild until I have my cloak. Can always pug normals now if we don't get something going(though I think there's enough interest. If not, we'll make a new 10 man and go from there). I just REALLY wish I returned to the game as this guy from the start. I'd have my cloak and probably get geared the fuck out.

StayDead

This is an odd question, but do you get gametime when you buy the expansion? I seem to remember you get 30 days when you get an expansion but I can't remember.

EDIT: No you don't, well that's annoying (just checked)

Berordn

This is an odd question, but do you get gametime when you buy the expansion? I seem to remember you get 30 days when you get an expansion but I can't remember.

EDIT: No you don't, well that's annoying (just checked)

Yeah, that's never been the case for WoW. Previously dismissable because expansions weren't that much, kind of a hard sell now that you're charging as much as a new title for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom