• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

Yeah, that's never been the case for WoW. Previously dismissable because expansions weren't that much, kind of a hard sell now that you're charging as much as a new title for it.

But free (TM) level 90 boost! That's a $60 value.

If you call now, they might throw in an extra one, only pay S&H.

StayDead

Is that 90 boost offer going until the game comes out? If so I think I might hold off until the day before when I might have some money.

Tamanon

Banned
Is that 90 boost offer going until the game comes out? If so I think I might hold off until the day before when I might have some money.

You get it no matter what when you buy the expansion. You can just pre-order it now through Blizzard and get it immediately.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think my Shaman transmog is pretty rad myself
BOdGXYX.png

Had to go platekini style to complete the feral look of the pvp set. Skirts don't fit enhancement, at all. Wish there was more of the 'shorts' style mail leggings from starting zones.

StayDead

You get it no matter what when you buy the expansion. You can just pre-order it now through Blizzard and get it immediately.

Aye but I'm assuming if you pre-order it with Blizzard you have to put the money down straight away and I've not got it at the minute. If the offers right up until release I might just wait and save a bit.

Tamanon

Banned
Aye but I'm assuming if you pre-order it with Blizzard you have to put the money down straight away and I've not got it at the minute. If the offers right up until release I might just wait and save a bit.

The offer is even after release. Basically, it's just linked to the expansion itself.Once the key is hooked to your account, a level 90 token is waiting for you.

But yeah, have to put the money down.

Berordn

The offer is even after release. Basically, it's just linked to the expansion itself.Once the key is hooked to your account, a level 90 token is waiting for you.

But yeah, have to put the money down.

It's probably better to wait anyway, since the 90 boost that's currently in the game is a bit half-baked. In the expansion proper it'll have a tutorialish scenario introduction to bring you up to speed on the story and the way the boosted class plays.

StayDead

It's probably better to wait anyway, since the 90 boost that's currently in the game is a bit half-baked. In the expansion proper it'll have a tutorialish scenario introduction to bring you up to speed on the story and the way the boosted class plays.

When I do it I'm rather torn between either human female paladin or preist. Both of them are classes I've always tried to level, got to like level 40 and got fed up but I know they're enjoyable to play. Ah well I'll make the decision when I get to it.

I mean I have a female gnome shadowpreist at level 40 at the minute I could just level.

Giggzy

When I do it I'm rather torn between either human female paladin or preist. Both of them are classes I've always tried to level, got to like level 40 and got fed up but I know they're enjoyable to play. Ah well I'll make the decision when I get to it.

I mean I have a female gnome shadowpreist at level 40 at the minute I could just level.

Get that priest to level 60 so that you can get professions boosted with it. 40 ---> 60 will take just a handful of hours to do.

Tamanon

Banned
Paladins are strange beasts when leveling. Protection is the #1 solo spec for them until level 80. THEN Retribution suddenly fixes its coefficients and takes over. It's really odd. Priests are kinda similar in their weirdness. From level 58 to level 80, Holy is the best leveling, just because all its spells hit so damn hard.

I hope the item squish fixes these leveling oddities.

Paladins are strange beasts when leveling. Protection is the #1 solo spec for them until level 80. THEN Retribution suddenly fixes its coefficients and takes over. It's really odd. Priests are kinda similar in their weirdness. From level 58 to level 80, Holy is the best leveling, just because all its spells hit so damn hard.

I hope the item squish fixes these leveling oddities.

JK it'll be even worse.

StayDead

I've got a max level cataclysm alchemist, miner and two engineers. Imma get me both of them eventually I think <3

I'm just levelling my Rogue and Mage to level 85 (the alchmist/herber, miner/engineer) before I bother buying MoP since I doubt I'll do any raiding on my main when I can max out.

StayDead

WoD mount request
Gallywix.png

srsly, mechanical spider mounts have been in since gnomer, and they're still not rideable

Oh my god yes. I took engineering initially all those years ago thinking I could make one eventually.

I eventually did get to make my engicopter which I love but still. My mains a druid now and I barely use flying mounts since I have bird form (although that is sick).

Haven't bothered to make the gyrocopters on my engineer, but I do have a Sky Golem now so it's not a super big loss if I don't have them.

Still interested in making my own Mechano-hog, but I have to go out of my way to grind that rep for (probably) a couple hours. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Haven't bothered to make the gyrocopters on my engineer, but I do have a Sky Golem now so it's not a super big loss if I don't have them.

Still interested in making my own Mechano-hog, but I have to go out of my way to grind that rep for (probably) a couple hours. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Should be able to get the rep from just quests. I use to farm Mechano-hog's a lot. Takes me around 6 hours of farming to get the mats except for the arctic fur which I just buy. I'll also just buy cobalt too if it's cheap enough since I hate farming it.

Should be able to get the rep from just quests. I use to farm Mechano-hog's a lot. Takes me around 6 hours of farming to get the mats except for the arctic fur which I just buy. I'll also just buy cobalt too if it's cheap enough since I hate farming it.

I don't know if farming heroics or quests would be faster at 90. Both should be pretty fast though either way. Again, just haven't gotten around to it since it's my alt that has engineering.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kinda nuts how low Sky Golems are now. I bought one for 12.5k.

They used to be like 40-50k. Guess boosted professions killed the market a little?

They used to be like 40-50k. Guess boosted professions killed the market a little?

Nah boosted professions would have nothing to do with it. Still takes 30 days of daily cooldown without an acceleration factor available. Boosted character couldn't even make one yet. Mostly I'd say demand has been sated by now, so any further golems created at this point are relative oversupply.

I paid around 45k gold for mine when they hadn't been out long at all. But it was only because I had around 90k towards the Grand Expedition Yak but I got the Firelands mount drop unexpectedly putting me at only needing two more to hit 200. I splurged and got the Sky Golem and finally got the Mekgineer's Chopper. I pretty much hate all engineering mounts aside from the rockets and even those I barely find acceptable. They're all so noisy and/or ugly.

I don't know if farming heroics or quests would be faster at 90. Both should be pretty fast though either way. Again, just haven't gotten around to it since it's my alt that has engineering.

You should also farm for the Jeeves pattern while you're in Northrend. Think it took me around 2 hours of farming to get it, but the hilarious part was I got it from something I didn't kill. A Tauren Druid an I (when I was alliance) were both killing mecha-gnomes in Storm Peaks. You can use Engineering on them when they're dead, and I got the pattern from one of his kills.

Leveling a Shaman and now it looks like my graphics card is about to hit the shitter. Display driver crash, Flametounge Weapon icons all over the screen in random spots. Sounds like a soon to be dead GPU to me. Ugh.

You should also farm for the Jeeves pattern while you're in Northrend. Think it took me around 2 hours of farming to get it, but the hilarious part was I got it from something I didn't kill. A Tauren Druid an I (when I was alliance) were both killing mecha-gnomes in Storm Peaks. You can use Engineering on them when they're dead, and I got the pattern from one of his kills.

Already did Jeeves. Got that when the alt was 80 :D

Ultratech

Nah boosted professions would have nothing to do with it. Still takes 30 days of daily cooldown without an acceleration factor available. Boosted character couldn't even make one yet. Mostly I'd say demand has been sated by now, so any further golems created at this point are relative oversupply.

Probably.

Some time ago, my AH was flooded with Sky Golems, and a good chunk got to about 18k and below. (I picked up one for 17k.)

1 shot everything from Galakras to thok today, which is a refreshing change. My buddy and I both got Thok's Tail Tip (He's an Arms/Fury warrior and I'm a prot pally), which is hilarious since our guild leader (ret pally) is still rocking a ToT trinket and he's been running thok since SoO came out.

Killed heroic Protectors for the first time on likely our second to last attempt of the night and week. Won a ring with my bonus roll and can FINALLY replace my timeless ring that I've had since 5.4 came out. Only non 561+ piece I have left is the flex version of the trinket from Immerseus. Our Resto Druid is going to be on vacation next week though so we'll probably just do normal then.

Fjordson

so what did i do wrong? i got ported to the tank test on norushen lfr as a ele sham. first time i have ever got it
Wow, really? That's pretty weird.

To be honest, I didn't even know there were different tests on that fight :lol only done it as DPS.

Got Heroic Protectors down tonight, but the rest was horrible. Team wiped a few times on Immerseus when I was sitting before swapping some people in to get it. Then a messy performance on Norushen before wiping on H Galakras multiple times with just terrible mechanics by people all around. Really not acceptable to have that with such a short raid week.

On the plus side, apparently I ranked on Sha of Pride, GG empowered every time.

Touch

Wow, really? That's pretty weird.

To be honest, I didn't even know there were different tests on that fight :lol only done it as DPS.
It actually put me in the dps one and the tank one at the same time. Insta died. Still don't know how it happened. Never happened before so...

StayDead

I paid around 45k gold for mine when they hadn't been out long at all. But it was only because I had around 90k towards the Grand Expedition Yak but I got the Firelands mount drop unexpectedly putting me at only needing two more to hit 200. I splurged and got the Sky Golem and finally got the Mekgineer's Chopper. I pretty much hate all engineering mounts aside from the rockets and even those I barely find acceptable. They're all so noisy and/or ugly.

So what exactly is it that makes the golem so hard to get? I'm an Engineer, I don't have the recipe yet since I need to level to max first with a few of my characters but is it possible to get all the items for it yourself, or do you need to get something from a raid?

Tamanon

Banned
So what exactly is it that makes the golem so hard to get? I'm an Engineer, I don't have the recipe yet since I need to level to max first with a few of my characters but is it possible to get all the items for it yourself, or do you need to get something from a raid?

Just takes time. 30 days of a daily engineering cooldown. No raid needed.

Tomboy

Neo Member

The engineering mats as mentioned above, and also an alchemist to make living steel. If you have an alchemist character, it's not that bad. It's more problematic if you have to pay an alchemist to sell you his daily transmute cooldown for a month. 'Course if you have the gold, you can just buy the living steel on the auction house.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish WoW had more 'stupid' titles. All these badass ones, but hardly any have a sense of humor, and there's no way I'm farming The Gorgeous for my Goblin.

Applicable goblin titles are like: Professor, crazy cat lady, Bloodsail Admiral, Camel-Hoarder, Farmer, Chef, etc.

Need more silly titles.
I didn't think they were ever actually set up as mounts, just as mobs with a few bones that represent the rider.

Yeah, I know, but it seems like an obvious opportunity for a new engineering land mount. The goblin ones could look like that and the gnomish ones could look like the ones in Gnomer/Karasang.

StayDead

The engineering mats as mentioned above, and also an alchemist to make living steel. If you have an alchemist character, it's not that bad. It's more problematic if you have to pay an alchemist to sell you his daily transmute cooldown for a month. 'Course if you have the gold, you can just buy the living steel on the auction house.

Well hot damn I have an Alchemist. I know what I'll be farming for <3

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Finally finished my transmog. I ended up liking it a lot. Wanted to go for a more savage look based off the pvp gear
khuVnds.png

I was going to use the white bear/wolf claw things from vanilla, but they just look really out of place. Maybe if I get two fist weapons I will. I might also turn the shoulders into the Kor'kron ones if I ever get those, but that's it. Everything else is perfect

Liha

Banned
I think it's official, I am a lucky guy. I have just got the Blue Proto-Drake by a Satchel of Exotic Mysteries.

My collection: both ZG classic mounts, green / blue Proto-Drake, Blue Drake (Maly 10), Flametalon of Alysrazor (Firelands), White Hawkstrider, Deathcharger, Ashes of Al'ar, Invencible.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Finished cloak and challenge mode golds on my warlock today. weeee

StayDead

Started my Paladin ready for boosting today. Level 26 in just under 6 hours. Hot damn levelling is quick with heirloom items now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom