• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wubby

I don't think I've ever seen a mount used so much as that hearthsteed mount. It truly is the new sparkle pony. Heck I remember when the sparkle pony first went live on the Blizz store there were a lot but not as many as I'm seeing with this new one.

Woo, got Hellscream's Doomblade tonight. First heirloom! Not ideal, but I don't have to upgrade it at least. Certainly better than the other two 1Hers I got today >_>

Now I can go full DW between that and my one Xifeng.

Edit: Also got promoted to full raider in this new guild, yay!

Ok just bought Warlords of Dreanor and upgraded a new lvl 1 Paladin to 90 :D

And then i played Alteractal and how can i say this... i felt like a king tanking the allianz boss at the end :D

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The fuck is alteractal and/or alianz?

Tarazet

Ok just bought Warlords of Dreanor and upgraded a new lvl 1 Paladin to 90 :D

And then i played Alteractal and how can i say this... i felt like a king tanking the allianz boss at the end :D

I was wondering why I kept seeing green 483 gear everywhere (same ilvl as the T14 LFR), and then I remembered. Lots of them going through those raids for the first time.

Berordn

It wouldn't be legendary if people didn't require every single person to have it to get in a heroic.

It wouldn't be legendary if the bosses weren't tuned to expect every player to have it!

Yeah, I kind of have a few issues with the not-so-optional nature of the cloak.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a video of my excursions in World of Uglycraft: http://youtu.be/-3J8XnD4yz0

Quality did not come out that great (I recorded with OBS), but you should be able to see the key differentiators (texture resolution namely).

Rösti;105509024 said:
Here's a video of my excursions in World of Uglycraft: http://youtu.be/-3J8XnD4yz0

Quality did not come out that great (I recorded with OBS), but you should be able to see the key differentiators (texture resolution namely).

3522-my-eyes-patrick.png

Fjordson

Rösti;105509024 said:

Lmao. I love these posts man. Think it's really interesting to see how far back Blizzard lets people scale the game.

StayDead

Level 48 in 15 hours. I'm pretty happy with that although now I've done every single quest in the plaguelands I feel kinda dissapointed since that used to get me 60 and now I'm stuck doing either Tanaris/Ungoro or Felwood/Winterspring.

Felwood/Winterspring it is!

Tamanon

Banned
Level 48 in 15 hours. I'm pretty happy with that although now I've done every single quest in the plaguelands I feel kinda dissapointed since that used to get me 60 and now I'm stuck doing either Tanaris/Ungoro or Felwood/Winterspring.

Felwood/Winterspring it is!

Felwood is super smooth of a leveling since they redid it. I usually do 44-51 in Felwood, then 51-57/58 in Winterspring.

Enosh

SO

CLOSE

OH MY GOD WE WIPED IN THE LAST ROOM WITH 5 MINUTES LEFTTTTT

We will definitely have this done tomorrow
yeah that last room has some hard hitting packs, with that much time left better to take it slow and sheep or something one or two ^^

speaking of CMs I have to say running them again a second time was so much easier, done it in only 2 days which was such a big difference compared to when we were first doing them if I didn't know different I could have sworn they nerfed them this month
also helps that remorseless winter was really useful on some of the packs that i had issues with on my pala

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
yeah that last room has some hard hitting packs, with that much time left better to take it slow and sheep or something one or two ^^

speaking of CMs I have to say running them again a second time was so much easier, done it in only 2 days which was such a big difference compared to when we were first doing them if I didn't know different I could have sworn they nerfed them this month
also helps that remorseless winter was really useful on some of the packs that i had issues with on my pala

That last room was hellishly rough, especially if you ninja pull anything by accident my gosh that's true horror.

Honestly though with almost had it on our third attempt, seige of niuzao temple was probably the hardest one of these i've ever done.

If you ask me the difficulty is

1)siege
2)brewery
3)SM monastery
4)palace
5)Halls
6)scholo
7)jade serpent
8)shado pan
9)setting sun

Ultratech

Won the Fishing Tournament earlier today, so I finally got the Heirloom Ring!

Also got some more Shadowfrost Shards for my DK (currently 39/50) and almost got all the mats for Sulfuras. Just down to the last 24 Arcanite Bars.

If only Arcane Crystals weren't so damn overpriced currently...
Oh well, I guess I can just go out and farm the last 20 or so.

With those goals almost done, I'll have to finish up the ToT Meta and get to work on Challenge Modes!

Won the Fishing Tournament earlier today, so I finally got the Heirloom Ring!

Also got some more Shadowfrost Shards for my DK (currently 39/50) and almost got all the mats for Sulfuras. Just down to the last 24 Arcanite Bars.

If only Arcane Crystals weren't so damn overpriced currently...
Oh well, I guess I can just go out and farm the last 20 or so.

With those goals almost done, I'll have to finish up the ToT Meta and get to work on Challenge Modes!

I keep being busy or forgetting that the Fishing Tournament is on. Just need to place to get the line for my Arcanite Pole and then I'll have everything. And I really need to get around to working on my Shadowmourne sometime, it's just such a chore to take the time out for it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So the guild I'm currently in(not the one I'm applying to) raids on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays.

The main tank is always an hour late on Sundays just because of how his work is. Sundays are an absolutely terrible night to raid on. There's no tanks on, and they float the idea of doing a Garrosh lockout... And all I can think is 'We just wiped for 3 hours in 25 on Malkorok, but we're suddenly going to be able to do Garrosh?'

I guess it doesn't matter since I'm talking with a new guild, but I'm really tempted to say, 'why are we still raiding on Sundays when the turnout is piss poor?'

Fjordson

So did anyone here do the deluxe pre-order for the Dread Raven mount?

I was flying around on it on my brother's account, and I'm now really tempted to get it. It looks awesome. And I love the blue trail effects on the wings.

But basically $20 for a mount, I dunno =[

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone notice since Cross Realm went up there's suddenly a bunch of 540s that think they can do heroic?

So did anyone here do the deluxe pre-order for the Dread Raven mount?

I was flying around on it on my brother's account, and I'm now really tempted to get it. It looks awesome. And I love the blue trail effects on the wings.

But basically $20 for a mount, I dunno =[

It's an awesome mount

but I can't herb on it while mounted so f dat

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
For the past day or so I've been leveling up my Tauren Paladin from 40-60 in order to get the boost because there's no way in hell I'm doing Blacksmithing 200-600. Haven't touched any Cataclysm zones outside of the 1-40 areas on Kalimdor so I enjoyed Felwood and loved the subtle changes in Winterspring.

Also, the Timbermaw Hold rep only takes an hour or so now to get to Exalted.

:/

God damn. And here I am thinking I still accomplished something to gain the Diplomat achievement during BC.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Got H Malk to 6% before a tank died and that wiped us. We had 30 seconds left on enrage too, so painful. Hopefully we're able to get him down next week. Bit of a funny picture from Sha of Pride. I actually survived this with warlock cooldowns and a monks orb cocoon thingy.

I take bribes for trying to kill people on Sha of Pride trash. Once I get 7-8 stacks of the debuff I run up to someone and iceblock, instantly killing them.

Obviously no one ever takes me up on them but I occasionally do it anyways. :3

StayDead

I hate to ask this since I should find this out myself, but what's the most popular UI mod now? I mean I'm a healer mainly but I can DPS as well on my other characters but I always used to use Grid, but no idea if that's even around anymore haha.

I'm also looking for one for action bars like the warlock one above :eek:

Veezy

que?
So, I finally to to 85 and started MoP. Honestly, it's some of the most fun I've had with the game so far. Few questions, though:

1. More of a comment, but holy shit leveling Enchanting and Tailoring was time consuming and costly. I really hope it pays off.
2. I generally went Disc priest and went between grinding and instance runs. I'm finding that staying Disc to do DPS in MoP is simply taking too much time. What are the stat differences between Shadow and Disc in regards to gear? I.E., what should I pick so my gear is being pushed more towards making me a solid hear while I'm simply using Shadow for DPS.
3. Any must have add-ons for healing? I'm using Decursive and Healbot but didn't know if there was more I should be using.
4. Should I spend too much time doing instances? I'm having a lot of fun questing but really don't want to miss out on the gear from 85-90. If it's not too big a deal, I'll probably skip it.

Thanks!

Berordn

So, I finally to to 85 and started MoP. Honestly, it's some of the most fun I've had with the game so far. Few questions, though:

1. More of a comment, but holy shit leveling Enchanting and Tailoring was time consuming and costly. I really hope it pays off.
2. I generally went Disc priest and went between grinding and instance runs. I'm finding that staying Disc to do DPS in MoP is simply taking too much time. What are the stat differences between Shadow and Disc in regards to gear? I.E., what should I pick so my gear is being pushed more towards making me a solid hear while I'm simply using Shadow for DPS.
3. Any must have add-ons for healing? I'm using Decursive and Healbot but didn't know if there was more I should be using.
4. Should I spend too much time doing instances? I'm having a lot of fun questing but really don't want to miss out on the gear from 85-90. If it's not too big a deal, I'll probably skip it.

Thanks!

1. It generally does. Sometimes it falls off in profitability late into the expansion, but the influx of new 90s ought to keep it afloat for a while.
2. Disc and Shadow go for different stat priorities. While Shadow prefers as much haste and mastery it can get, Disc prefers stacking Spirit and Crit generally. Either way your healing gear will be more than sufficient enough to use in Shadow spec for running around the world and beating the snot out of things.
3. It's purely preference, I'm typically fine with the default raid frames and an addon like Clique. You can replace the raid frames with something more involved like Grid as well.
4. There's no important gear upgrades to be had from leveling instances. You can do as many or as few as you like with no real repercussions.

Tamanon

Banned
I like doing each instance at least once in MoP while leveling, if only for a little breakup of the action, and the XP from the quests in each is pretty good.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I take bribes for trying to kill people on Sha of Pride trash. Once I get 7-8 stacks of the debuff I run up to someone and iceblock, instantly killing them.

Obviously no one ever takes me up on them but I occasionally do it anyways. :3

Psssh it's more fun as a monk, just hit revival and everyone dies! No discrimination, no assassination, it's equal treatment!

StMeph

I like doing each instance at least once in MoP while leveling, if only for a little breakup of the action, and the XP from the quests in each is pretty good.

This is my view.

At max level, you're basically now able to skip two raid tiers with Timeless Isle 496 or PvP Honor 522 epics, so random blues and greens aren't going to make much of a difference. Any dungeons before max would just be to see everything once. Do the quests for extra XP and the gear to help level, but everything will be massively eclipsed at 90, and very very quickly.

Just move up to the next zone as soon as you're able.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom