• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggzy

It's extremely demoralizing going 2 for 23 for BG's this weekend. It's the worst stretch I've ever had in this game. Only could afford two pieces of pvp gear during the whole weekend ><

I need to JP farm and convert instead.

I need to JP farm and convert instead.

Dude, even as horde and winning 80% of my BGs farming justice via HCs and converting to honor is way faster.

It's worth doing the bonus daily bg honor tho, and the Isle of Thunder honor quests, they only take 5 mins. Oh and the weekly WSG and Tol barad quests.

Giggzy

Dude, even as horde and winning 80% of my BGs farming justice via HCs and converting to honor is way faster.

It's worth doing the bonus daily bg honor tho, and the Isle of Thunder honor quests, they only take 5 mins. Oh and the weekly WSG and Tol barad quests.

The crazy part is that I AM HORDE. I've never experienced such a horrible win/loss ratio like this one before. It boggles my mind.

Out of the two pieces I got this weekend, one of them was from doing JP --> Honor :p

I'm in timeless isle gear though so it's hard finding a group to carry me through heroic dungeons.

I already pre-ordered Wildstar. Now I'm thinking about RoS.

This is what happens when I wait for resets, people.

RoS should be pretty good. Gonna pick up a retail copy sometime tomorrow probably.

Still need to Valor cap my lock today though and he's only at 600ish. At least I capped on my DK and have the buff active.

llamarawk

im guessing theres not going to be any new classes or races in draenor otherwise people would be saving their 90 boosts for that class.

StayDead

Well level 59 and ran out of quests to do in Winterspring.

Now for the long journey to Ironforge from here to go to blasted lands.

With the boost does it boost you as long as you have the proffesions learnt at level 1? (like 1/600)

llamarawk

according to Tamanon, all you need is to learnt level 1/600 of a profession (with 2 obviously) and b level 60 to boost it to 600 along with your character to 90.

Tamanon

Banned
Well level 59 and ran out of quests to do in Winterspring.

Now for the long journey to Ironforge from here to go to blasted lands.

With the boost does it boost you as long as you have the proffesions learnt at level 1? (like 1/600)

Should just go to Darnassus if you can. Since they have a portal to Blasted Lands near the fountain. And yeah, as long as you're level 60 and have professions, they'll jump to 600. Make sure to at least have the professions learned at level 1/600 though. It'll tell you before the boost is official what you'll be getting.

StayDead

I found the portal after I got to Stormwind thinking there was only one in Ironforge so it was a long trip but oh well. Level 60 now :>

DkTYHJ7.jpg

21 hours, not bad considering that's not even double it took me to get level 12 in 2007 haha.

Thinking of returning in a month or so and do some LFR SoO. Has anyone heard if Blizzard is going to make the pre-DS Cata stuff LFR'able? I still need to collect the tier gear from there and see the content.

Thinking of returning in a month or so and do some LFR SoO. Has anyone heard if Blizzard is going to make the pre-DS Cata stuff LFR'able? I still need to collect the tier gear from there and see the content.
Haven't seen any word of it but considering how most classes can get through Wrath raids solo I don't think running old Cata content solo after gearing up in WoD will be much of an issue. I imagine some fights could be rough, still, but otherwise you should be able to solo, or maybe duo, nearly all the raids.

Throne of the Four Winds will continue to be a pain in the ass and require three people unless they patch that one specifically, though.

Berordn

Haven't seen any word of it but considering how most classes can get through Wrath raids solo I don't think running old Cata content solo after gearing up in WoD will be much of an issue. I imagine some fights could be rough, still, but otherwise you should be able to solo, or maybe duo, nearly all the raids.

Throne of the Four Winds will continue to be a pain in the ass and require three people unless they patch that one specifically, though.

They confirmed they'll be doing a pass over raids with mechanics that prevent soloing, at... some point. I know Dreamwalker in ICC was mentioned to be skippable at least. ToTFW ought to be an easy enough fix for them.

Oh, item squish won't hinder that ability? If not, great!

Make a DK and solo everything in Cata right now =P

Sadly I have to do it with my Warlock as I'm trying to collect every piece of class tier armor. =/

Entropia

No One Remembers
Raid night tomorrow. No word from officers and no calendar up yet.

Outlook is looking pretttyyyy murky.

Being in the tight knit 10 mans has really skewed my view on how guilds operate raids. I mean, for us it's "Raids are Tues, Wed and Sunday from 8:30-11. Be there. Post on the forums if you can't". Doing calendar invites seems really foreign for me in 10 mans. In a 25 man guild I can understand the need for it though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Being in the tight knit 10 mans has really skewed my view on how guilds operate raids. I mean, for us it's "Raids are Tues, Wed and Sunday from 8:30-11. Be there. Post on the forums if you can't". Doing calendar invites seems really foreign for me in 10 mans. In a 25 man guild I can understand the need for it though.

This is supposed to be a 10 man. Or was. Now it's a 25? I guess? Because we don't have... I don't know. The whole thing has been confusing. It was supposed to be two 10s, but we constantly had to pug people for the second ten group, and I didn't join a guild to pug half the team. So then we started combining the two but there's always people who show up some days and don't show up others and I'm just like... Why not look at the people who show up every day, on time, and do something with them. The heroic guild I'm applying to does the whole, 'don't need anything? We'll sub a recruit in so we can get them gear and get them used to raiding with us.' Which this guild did at first. But now they don't? It's confusing. It kind of sucks too because I'm used to my WOTLK days which were 25 man. And we NEVER had to pug anyone. People just showed up because they knew it was important to the guild. I guess some people in this guild don't think it's that important to the guild.

And no one's ever on vent or in guild being social except when it's raid time. And that sucks. If you're going to progres with a guild, I kind of think you should be friends with the people you're progressing with. Or be in a super serious guild and just listen to orders. But we're neither of those things.

Guild drama, mayn.

Love my current guild right now. Pretty organized and (mostly, when we're not failing) efficient. The thing about it is it's actually 5 full raid teams, with 3 25s that run at different days/times, some more progressed/serious than others. So it's quite unique compared to any other guild I've ever been in. On main raid nights you can see upwards of 70 people online at once, and those are actual raiders, not just random recruit spam.

Right now my raid team's roster is at about 32 or so, give or take (including trials). Even if we dropped some, with such a large guild there's no need to ever pug since someone would surely have an alt that would go.

Milennia

ok, finally back to the game (as of tuesday, my first day back i was ran through heroic siege on my t14 bis main mage) and my second raid after a year is on tuesday, i am now 547 after one raid.
it took my the entire week to research the fights and ins till shaky on heroic garrosh and paragons, but I'm sure my friend will fill int he blanks for me as paragons in particular seems quite simple, as does heroic garrosh in comparison to other encounters i have faced prior to quitting a year ago.

hoping to hit 566 after tomorrow (fucking insane after being 513 on tuesday lol)

its good to be back, missed all of it, especially in the preparation for a new expansion with a good guild thats on the up and coming, not to mention the fact one of my old and best wow friends *the best wow friend* is in the guild with me.
they are just finishing transitioning into 25 from 10 for mythic (us 7th 10m) and I'm very impressed, the guild is looking extremely promising going into 20m raiding.

still having some issues relearning arcane however, even with some help.
mostly having issues getting used to the new range on rune of power as opposed to having to sit on the little fucking marker.

playing fire for now, until I'm used to arcane again and find a setup that I'm accustomed to.
also behind on the legendary quest... i quit at 7 secrets which isn't insane now as they introduced the catchup drops off the first 8 in siege, won't be long now lol (i quit with 40 trillium bars in my bags and was one of the first people in the world to get the legendary gem due to lucky drops.... the irony) i come back to the game with all my friends and their alts sitting on capes.
the feels.

Fire is good at higher gear levels (which you'll have lol) and probably the most enjoyable spec to play. Secrets step isn't that bad, with 7 now you'll finish this week or the next, and then the runestones will probably take 3 weeks, 2 if you're very lucky. Make sure to get coins for your warforged seals so you have extra chances at things like trinkets.

Milennia

Fire is good at higher gear levels (which you'll have lol) and probably the most enjoyable spec to play. Secrets step isn't that bad, with 7 now you'll finish this week or the next, and then the runestones will probably take 3 weeks, 2 if you're very lucky. Make sure to get coins for your warforged seals so you have extra chances at things like trinkets.

oh i know all there really is to know regarding the mage class at high level play, its my arcane execution thats wonky atm lol.
not knowing the encounters and rune still being the only viable option for the spec after 5.1 6 stack camping, is hurting my play when executing it in real time on a fight.

as i get used to the encounters (fuck its ridiculous coming back after 2 tiers and learning these fights from scratch, especially when the raid is over in like 2 hours, i get like 1 attempt per fight) i will get used to the spec again.

i assumed the runestones would be quicker as you only needed 12? that sucks to hear it may take about 3 weeks.. at least ill have the meta gem, but damn that sucks, just wanted to be over with the quest already.
i thought i would be done in 3 weeks as of todays reset due to the catchup drops from siege =/////////////

i just farmed like 150 coins for 3 weeks off of timeless isle mobs.
i hated doing dailys for coins, so this is a great alternative for me lol.
didn't take long at all and pulling massive amounts of packs with frost helped tremendously.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
New guild. Gonna try to have my cake and eat it too by getting in on normals with my old guild when they pug since the officer wants me at 550-ish before bringing me in on heroic fights, and they only run flex and since my old guild pugs people, what's the difference? We'll see if it works. If not, hey cross realm pugging is a thing. And the guidl runs 1-4 flex on Saturdays, so I can get some gear there to hopefully find normals easier.

I tried to leave on a good impression, leaving the monk in there.

mclem

And no one's ever on vent or in guild being social except when it's raid time. And that sucks. If you're going to progres with a guild, I kind of think you should be friends with the people you're progressing with. Or be in a super serious guild and just listen to orders. But we're neither of those things.

I'm guilty of this, and I do feel uncomfortable about it, but I'm nervous about burnout; I try to stay clear of the game outside of raid time and have a life in other respects. I do try to stay sociable via our guild FB and website, though.

I'm guilty of this, and I do feel uncomfortable about it, but I'm nervous about burnout; I try to stay clear of the game outside of raid time and have a life in other respects. I do try to stay sociable via our guild FB and website, though.
I get the impression he meant people were online but simply don't talk. I could be wrong. But I feel fairly similar. I like to chat in guild since there's plenty of downtime between things but often nobody replies to anything in guild chat. There's a few regulars I know will reply and keep a conversation going but I'd say about 90% of my guild never says a word (aside from possibly a "grats" when an achievement pops). Sort of annoying and honestly one reason I was fine with leaving a guild I was in since there was practically zero social interactions.

StayDead

Rogue, Mage and Druid now 85 with my Paladin on 60. I guess this means I kinda have to upgrade to Pandaria right away now :p

EDIT: Setting up all my addons again too. Oh nMainBar how I've missed you.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
NOO NONOOOOOO

SM MONASTERY SILVER 13:01

ALL OF MY FURY

Surprised you're having a cockblock there, that was actually one of the easier ones for my group. 1-2 wipes getting pulls right in the last room and then gold on the first clean run.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Surprised you're having a cockblock there, that was actually one of the easier ones for my group. 1-2 wipes getting pulls right in the last room and then gold on the first clean run.

It's really frustrating because we consistently clear it at 13:05, and we lose a lot of time because of silly things. The cathedral is the worst part, especially if you accidentally kill 2 of the guys that turn into spirits of redemption with the boss and they heal him to max.

It's also doubly frustrating because it really is so easy, compared to brewery and siege of niuzao.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's really frustrating because we consistently clear it at 13:05, and we lose a lot of time because of silly things. The cathedral is the worst part, especially if you accidentally kill 2 of the guys that turn into spirits of redemption with the boss and they heal him to max.

It's also doubly frustrating because it really is so easy, compared to brewery and siege of niuzao.

Ya brewery was pretty tricky. Siege was epic, we almost fucked it up because we killed last boss with 1 trash mob from that little bridge left unkilled so had to scramble to kill him to get the cmode to complete.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Ya brewery was pretty tricky. Siege was epic, we almost fucked it up because we killed last boss with 1 trash mob from that little bridge left unkilled so had to scramble to kill him to get the cmode to complete.

Lol the worst part about siege is easily pulling all the trash with the 3rd boss so you can bomb em down, surviving that feels like a total toin coss some time. The final boss is super easy when you have two friends with rocket boots :p

We had that 1 missing enemy problem in brewery rofl, we missed the two dancing monkey's before the first boss and we totally failed it even though we were almost a full minute ahead haha.

The worst thing about brewery for us was the gauntlet between the first and second boss, we almost always screwed up the bomb people and inevitable lost one person every time from stun chains. The final boss also took us a while to figure out, the whole block the beams thing and no jumping took a lot longer to get down than I care to admit.

Palace is probably my favorite one out of all of them. Speaking of which it's almost insulting how comparatively easy shado-pan monastery and gate of the setting sun are compared to the rest of them. Those only took two attempts to get gold on.

Actually GET loot from Celestials this week, BUT it's Prideful gear, in the neck slot, when I already have an Ordos neck.

/rekt

This is my alt lock btw. Still sucks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tried to get some weapons off flex before normals tonight

GOLD GOLD GOLD

I don't even bother opening the boxes anymore.

educator

Just hit iLvl 496. I want to get a better staff (I have the one I bought with timeless coins), but not sure what to do. I've heard people saying LFR ToT is the way to go, but how do I get there? Whenever I LFR I cannot see anything resembling Throne of Thunder.

Also, how do I do older content raids? Right now I only have the option to join raids from MoP.

Appreciate all the help!

Tamanon

Banned
Just hit iLvl 496. I want to get a better staff (I have the one I bought with timeless coins), but not sure what to do. I've heard people saying LFR ToT is the way to go, but how do I get there? Whenever I LFR I cannot see anything resembling Throne of Thunder.

Also, how do I do older content raids? Right now I only have the option to join raids from MoP.

Appreciate all the help!

If you go to your LFR interface, the first wing of Throne of Thunder is called "Last Stand of the Zandalari"

At 496, you can also do Siege of Orgrimmar LFR, it's Vale of Eternal Sorrows.

PatDH

Appreciate all the help!

Im sitting at iLvl 529 & im still using the Timeless Isle coin weapon :( Haven't had any luck with a weapon dropping, so annoying. Weapon & belt sitting below iLvl 500.
496 is high enough to start Wing 1 of LFR SoO, right? Do that :)

llamarawk

So I'm lvlin a DK to 60 and boosting to 90 for free lvl 600 professions. What would b the best professions for a DK trying to make gold/ b the most useful?. My main is tailor/enchant/priest.

You are unlikely to make money from production professions boosted to 600 since the profitable recipes require farming mobs for schematics, reputation for schematics, grinding a 24 hour CD for schematics, consume BoP materials, or all of the above. You're going to have to do your own legwork on which market is better for your particular realm, but I'm willing to bet you can group them into tiers:
flasks/pots
item enhancement (leg armor/spellthread/belt buckle/shoulder enchants)
gems/enchants
Spirit of Harmony items.

Right now on kilrogg the flask/pot and gem/enchant markets are complete shit, and you can't sell Spirit of Harmony items at the AH, you have to spam Trade and get lucky with customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom