• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
KBBycZr.jpg

All CM golds completed!

fuzzyset

Well nearly level 87. The quests in Pandaria and even the areas are certainly a huge step up from Cataclysm.

I noticed that the loot is always relevant to your class. In Cata, it took me a while to gear up through questing, whereas MoP had me geared out in basically half a level it seemed.

Ended up doing normal this week since our Resto Druid is on vacation. Took awhile to find someone before we got a meh geared Warlock that got REALLY lucky and won the warforged staff from Sha of Pride with a bonus roll. We ended up 2 healing everything (except Sha of Pride which we solo healed) since we didn't have anyone else with a heal off spec except for a tank who healed on Immerseus. We ended up stopping after Malkorok.

Also I think this is the last time I'm gonna raid for awhile. It's no longer fun for me and I don't enjoy about half the people in our raid. Also I started cutting myself again for the first time in a long time last week because I kept getting frustrated with myself because I constantly felt like I was fucking up and every wipe was my fault.

StayDead

I noticed that the loot is always relevant to your class. In Cata, it took me a while to gear up through questing, whereas MoP had me geared out in basically half a level it seemed.

I finished Cata with all Dragon Soul heroic gear so so far I've only managed to get one or two upgrades but getting gear relevant to you is certainly better than the old system. Although I do miss just always picking the plate option for more money.

1up

So I got an Alliance Hunter to 60 and boosted him. I already have a 576 Troll Hunter that's been my main since forever, I just wanted to see the other side and not suck at DPS.

I just realized I can replace that awful green booster gun with my heirloom bow from Garrosh I got on my main. Happy isn't the word. :D

Last night I got my third Azure Drake. I hate you, Malygos.

But a bonus roll on Celestials got me my tier pants and that have me my 4p bonus so that's neat. I'll hop on tonight to actually try it out when I run a dungeon and scenario for some valor.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Last night I got my third Azure Drake. I hate you, Malygos.

But a bonus roll on Celestials got me my tier pants and that have me my 4p bonus so that's neat. I'll hop on tonight to actually try it out when I run a dungeon and scenario for some valor.

My brother got both malygos mounts on the same kill. The same day that he got a grand black mammoth from arch vault. He got phoenix a week or two later.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ooh he's working on troll male, hopefully we see that sometime relatively soon.

My brother got both malygos mounts on the same kill. The same day that he got a grand black mammoth from arch vault. He got phoenix a week or two later.
Yeah, as I've mentioned before due to the random nature of drops some stuff will drop quickly for people, others won't drop seemingly ever. I've had two of those Grand Black Mammoths drop when I went in not realizing I had it and got a second one. I got the White Polar Bear on my first attempt, Sea Turtle with only four casts, and even there for two Onyxia drops in only around ten total kills. But then I've had truly terrible streaks for others with 264 Slabhide kills for the Vitreous Stone Drake being the worst.

If he regularly farms mounts there's going to be a few he'll have a hell of a time getting, heh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd like to see the armory of people online who claim WoW is too easy now.

Just curious what their heroic progression or challenge mode progression is like, and if they really think SSC or WOTLK Naxx was more difficult than heroic SoO.

StayDead

Well 75% through level 88 now on my druid and I've enjoyed nearly every single part of my levelling experience so far. Although I will say as much as I wanted for Nostalgia reasons to like the Hemet Nessingwary quest chain, by god I hope I never have to do another one (although I'll probably do it on my rogue/mage too) since I'm so over the get one/two quests at one time and spend ages doing just those.

I've gotten too used to new Azeroth thanks to my Paladin and main Pandaria with getting 3/4 quests at a time all in one area and doing them all at once for mondo XP. <3

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Adjust my tinfoil hat here, but anyone else think the scenarios giving way more valor was on purpose?

Like it was Blizzard saying 'fuck you for not liking our scenarios being cheaply put together. Won't like it so much when dungeons give way less valor will you?' IDK. That's the only reason I can think of scenarios being worth so much more valor.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Just curious what their heroic progression or challenge mode progression is like, and if they really think SSC or WOTLK Naxx was more difficult than heroic SoO.

I've always been convinced the bulk of the people who run around saying WoW is too easy are either really casual or mainly pvpers with very minimal pve experience (or if they do raid are in the farm status group as a substitute)

PatDH

Finally! Crossbow dropped from Protectors tonight. (Only LFR version, bonus rolled for FLEX last night for double gold lol). Still stoked to get an upgrade from the TI 20k coin bow I was stuck with for ages.
Now the only item I have under 500 is my belt. Getting there! :)

Fjordson

I've always been convinced the bulk of the people who run around saying WoW is too easy are either really casual or mainly pvpers with very minimal pve experience (or if they do raid are in the farm status group as a substitute)
I think people forget how much has changed around the actual game. Detailed strategies for every boss in WoW are more available than ever, addons have become much better and more useful, the ramp up period as far as gearing prior to raiding is quicker, it's much easier to get acclimated to raid mechanics with things like LFR and cross realm flex, etc. If someone were to argue more people are raiding these days or that it is easier to attempt to raid, then I would agree, but I don't really think that raids are literally easier mechanically.

Finally! Crossbow dropped from Protectors tonight. (Only LFR version, bonus rolled for FLEX last night for double gold lol). Still stoked to get an upgrade from the TI 20k coin bow I was stuck with for ages.
Grats! Nothing better than getting a new bow/gun.

Maybe because most of them just do the LFR and dont touch higher difficulties

I played some normal SoO and it was a little overwhelming for me I dont want to see the heroic version.

fuzzyset

Not rolling with any PVP gear?

PatDH

Nah, only PVP item I have is an iLvl 550 ring that dropped off a Cele. Stuck with a TI belt for now lol. Hopefully have a bit of luck belt wise tonight/this weekend.

Dawg

eh, I've said this plenty of times to people shitting on the "easy difficulty" of the game when a WoW thread gets posted on gaming.

They almost never reply, but when they do... they say how easy it is to get "epix" and than you can steamroll through LFR, ignoring the fact I said current heroic raids are actually harder than back in the day.

The problem is people like to focus on the easy part of WoW, as if giving casual players a few more options is a problem for them... people who probably haven't played this game in years.

Sure, back in the day having epics was something unique. You had to be in a decent guild with raid progress... but it wasn't exactly fair. Most of the guilds were full or they were already raiding new content when some people hit lvl 60 a year or so after release. It was very difficult to get into one and it was practically impossible to catch up without one.

But the game hasn't gotten any easier when it comes to raiding, every expansion had a boss that was WAY harder than vanilla.

Fjordson

eh, I've said this plenty of times to people shitting on the "easy difficulty" of the game when a WoW thread gets posted on gaming.

They almost never reply, but when they do... they say how easy it is to get "epix" and than you can steamroll through LFR, ignoring the fact I said current heroic raids are actually harder than back in the day.

The problem is people like to focus on the easy part of WoW, as if giving casual players a few more options is a problem for them... people who probably haven't played this game in years.

Sure, back in the day having epics was something unique. You had to be in a decent guild with raid progress... but it wasn't exactly fair. Most of the guilds were full or they were already raiding new content when some people hit lvl 60 a year or so after release. It was very difficult to get into one and it was practically impossible to catch up without one.

But the game hasn't gotten any easier when it comes to raiding, every expansion had a boss that was WAY harder than vanilla.
Very well put.

Sure, I could get full epics in LFR relatively easily, even throw in a few 561 pieces from Celestials or whatever, but is that really a big deal? I don't believe it negatively affects progression raiders in any way. The content is still challenging and they're still getting the best gear.

Was taking a nap and miscalculated the timezone for the weekly DKP donation by an hour, whoops. Can still turn it in for half the bonus, but it's really not worth the cost (~400g) at this point. Besides the fact that I haven't made much gold this week due to DIABLO. Will definitely have to remember for next week.

Also one of our main tanks is out this week, probably gonna hurt our progression :/

My guild brought me along for their Normal SoO run. They've started making Heroic Progression but this week they decided they wanted more late boss practice and to gear up some alts. So I got to essentially be carried as I was the lowest geared until they brought along their alts. We got up to Spoils tonight and the only drop I won the roll on was the one I needed the most with a weapon. I had a 510 so this upgraded will be 561. My other weapon is 548 from Flex so it's already pretty decent. Despite me being the one carried I ended up being pretty high dps in a bunch of the fights so I wasn't completely useless. I died a ton of stupid deaths, mainly on trash that I wasn't aware of mechanics since LFR trash is mindless.

Tomorrow night is the rest of the run. I'd love it if we got through Garrosh as I want that mount. And it'll be the first raid I'd actually complete on Normal for this expansion. Every other raid I only made it partway through in Normal.

My work schedule changes in May and I won't be able to raid at all when that happens so I need to do this sooner than later.

Acidote

So... I've been killing HM protectors and HM Iron Juggernaut every single week for months and months and the agi weapons have never droppped. This weknesday, for the first time in a long long time I have not been able to raid since someone close to the family passed away and I had to go pay my respects. Well, guess what dropped. Protectors dropped the fist weapon and Juggernaut dropped the mace. And I don't even care anymore.

Fjordson

So... I've been killing HM protectors and HM Iron Juggernaut every single week for months and months and the agi weapons have never droppped. This weknesday, for the first time in a long long time I have not been able to raid since someone close to the family passed away and I had to go pay my respects. Well, guess what dropped. Protectors dropped the fist weapon and Juggernaut dropped the mace. And I don't even care anymore.
Now you have reached WoW enlightenment my brother. Expect another weapon to drop for you ASAP :lol

Across all my characters, I have already maxed Tailoring, Herbalism, Mining and Skinning.

For my lvl 90 boost, should I choose to max Enchanting or Engineering? I'm definitely going to boost Jewelcrafting because it's so expensive to level, but I'm torn between enchanting and engineering. On one hand, I can use enchants on every character, but on the other hand, I'd love to be able to craft mounts, toys and pets with engineering...thoughts?

StayDead

Well I can now item level wise enter the earliest raids on LFR. Not bad after a nights work but I'm sure the heroics are much smaller now.

Where do I start?

Across all my characters, I have already maxed Tailoring, Herbalism, Mining and Skinning.

For my lvl 90 boost, should I choose to max Enchanting or Engineering? I'm definitely going to boost Jewelcrafting because it's so expensive to level, but I'm torn between enchanting and engineering. On one hand, I can use enchants on every character, but on the other hand, I'd love to be able to craft mounts, toys and pets with engineering...thoughts?

Engineering all the way man

Its fun all around. $$, toys and mounts.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So far I've found the most effective way of money making in WoW is...

farming ghost iron and selling it. It's not big money, but there's SO much of it, and I make like 100 per stack. I can get a stack in like 5-7 minutes So 100 gold every 5-7 minutes. Not to mention I can use my daily CD on my alchemist to turn it into living steel so that's 300.

Ntohing big, but it's something.

Just finished the second night (of two) of my guild's weekly raiding. We got to Garrosh but couldn't take him down. The mount is yet to be mine. We've nearly gotten him down in the second phase but I simply can't see us managing the third phase. With how rough the second phase is with those adds that spawn having those and everything else seems ridiculous.

I'm not the best help anyhow as I'm the least geared. I'm first or second top DPS through the first phase but once he heals up once and I start scrambling a bit more with MC going out I lose myself in the mess and drop quickly. Got another set of tier legs, which I already got from Celestials, so they can go to my never-used Resto set. Otherwise only the weapon for drops. A good drop to be sure.

Fun stuff. But I won't be a regular and my work schedule will change early in May and I won't be able to raid with them at all after that.

Didn't raid with my guild tonight although I offered to come if they couldn't find a replacement. They one shot Spoils, Thok, and Paragons before spending an hour on Garrosh before finally downing him. My friend wasn't happy because the Warlock from Tuesday was pulling shit dps despite getting the warforged staff from Sha of Pride and the person that was suppose to come on Tuesday but didn't show up and took my place today kept dying to Annihilate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom