• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, the footage of dwarves in WoD... I might end up race changing my shaman to a dwarf(from goblin) when it's out. They just look badass. Even moreso. And they don't have the stupid orc run animation.

Thing that sucks in WoW though is if you faction change, you can't server change. Like zul'jin is shit for Alliance.

Whooter

Man, the footage of dwarves in WoD... I might end up race changing my shaman to a dwarf(from goblin) when it's out. They just look badass. Even moreso. And they don't have the stupid orc run animation.

Thing that sucks in WoW though is if you faction change, you can't server change. Like zul'jin is shit for Alliance.

So....server change first, then faction change?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm saying it's dumb that you basically get forced into buying both. It's not like Blizzard isn't unaware of how unbalanced they've made the servers.

Raiding tonight did not go well. People standing in shit and dying + a substitute tank halted any heroic progression. Only got H Immerseus down this week :/

Really hope they decide to work on H Norushen soon, but I think the raid leaders are hesitant about the enrage timer, besides people not doing great on that fight on normal anyway :/

Just got my monk to 80. Gonna use Monk buff and an Elixir of Ancient Knowledge to see how close to 85 I can get in an hour. Waiting until a friend on a PvE server logs on though to invite me to a group so I don't have to risk getting ganked, unless someone on GAF is kind enough to do it (US Horde).

Just got my monk to 80. Gonna use Monk buff and an Elixir of Ancient Knowledge to see how close to 85 I can get in an hour. Waiting until a friend on a PvE server logs on though to invite me to a group so I don't have to risk getting ganked, unless someone on GAF is kind enough to do it (US Horde).

Do a tons of missions then use the elixir before completing the missions also dont do dungeons its time consuming for a little reward.

PatDH

Woo! About 10 minutes ago I decided to try get an invite into the Brawlers Guild. Did some quick googling and found out about the guaranteed drop from Willy Wilder. Head to the BMAH at the Veiled Stair and within 5 minutes he spawns and I get the invite. Stoked! :)

Velcro Fly

I resubbed and all of my realid friends have either quit the game or deleted me. most of them quit.

It's a sad feeling logging in and seeing your friends gone for 3 or 6 months or longer.

Plus our guild got taken over and transferred.

Oh well!

Ugh, died to whirling corruption on our Garrosh kill tonight. Had AMS up and it absorbed to the limit, but I just didn't get any heals (or other raid CDs I think) for almost 5 seconds. Not completely my fault, but I probably could've survived if I hadn't moved my lock cookie keybind to something different (part of switching to DW this week). Also, I had glyph of AMS, which makes it absorb 100% instead of 75% - probably a mistake for that fight since the lesser absorb would still mitigate enough while lasting longer since it wouldn't be eaten up so fast by the ticks of damage going out. Will definitely have to make sure I change that up for next week.

Still, a bit disappointed in myself, as I haven't died on a Garrosh kill before, at least not before P3 chaos.

StayDead

Finally: White Hawkstrider....

Funny story, first day of the MoP trial a few weeks back and I went to farm the orb of sin'dorei again and the white hawkstrider dropped on my first run. I actually farmed that for MONTHS a few years ago and never even saw it drop, I was gobsmacked.

PatDH

Wow, Battletron is a pain when your setup lacks healing haha. Got through it though. Next one was easy and boom got the Brawler title :)
Had a few goes at Hexos and got him down too. Hexos would have to be the most enjoyable one so far.

And just downed Tyson Sanders, woo! Bed time now I think.

Rokam

Wow, Battletron is a pain when your setup lacks healing haha. Got through it though. Next one was easy and boom got the Brawler title :)
Had a few goes at Hexos and got him down too. Hexos would have to be the most enjoyable one so far.

And just downed Tyson Sanders, woo! Bed time now I think.

111.gif

StayDead

I'm 3 ilvl off of being able to queue for LFR SoO and it's annoying me. I've got one more dungeon in which I hope to get a better weapon if not I'll have to wait until wednesday.

I really can't wait to get off of LFR and onto some real raiding because not only is this dull, but this sometimes happens.

o2h46tN.gif

Like my gear isn't very good at all and looking at theirs we were on about the same level, were they asleep? :eek:

ofc I've had raids where I get outhealed but it's usually by people in SoO gear.

llamarawk

So returning to game since bc and have a level 88 priest at the moment and having a blast. Pandaria is great and honestly I think the zones, creatures, lore is some of the best of wow. However I'm getting close to 90 and realize how much the game will open up when I get there. I plan on raiding, pvping, and even questing/dailies/rep grind at 90 but what's the first thing I should do or shoot for at 90, if you have any suggestions. Really appreciate it.

Tamanon

Banned
So returning to game since bc and have a level 88 priest at the moment and having a blast. Pandaria is great and honestly I think the zones, creatures, lore is some of the best of wow. However I'm getting close to 90 and realize how much the game will open up when I get there. I plan on raiding, pvping, and even questing/dailies/rep grind at 90 but what's the first thing I should do or shoot for at 90, if you have any suggestions. Really appreciate it.

1st thing is go to see the Black Prince to at least get the legendary quests for when you start doing LFR/raids. Then get to Timeless Isle, and from there, probably LFR I'd say.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Crazy how much time of day affects AH prices. Ghost iron stacks are like 75 in the middle of the night but 89-95 during primetime

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Crazy how much time of day affects AH prices. Ghost iron stacks are like 75 in the middle of the night but 89-95 during primetime

Yeah, I was schooled on this by my partner who is an accountant by day but a foreign exchange trader by night in her spare time. She taught me the in's and out's of the AH based purely on the principles of supply and demand.

A couple of gold difference doesn't mean much to most people, but for those who want to expand their bank size for fun in the most profitable way it helps.

The #1 rule is to avoid selling on the AH during weekends.

Her help is practically the only reason why I have managed to get a single guild going for my alts with a big warchest and a 6 tab gbank.

StayDead

Oh man I'm so annoyed right now for something incredibly stupid. I finally worked out how to get my ilevel up to the number I needed to do LFR SoO, got it perfectly on, closed my bank tab and all of a sudden it's dropped by 1 and I can't queue anymore.

I wouldn't care, but I'm valor capped, done every other dungeon and there's nothing as far as I know that I did that would make it drop.

StayDead

I'm fine, just really pissed off since the system seems so random. Found out there's a trinket wth a higher ilevel than I have for justice, need 1300 more.

EDIT: Didn't need that, went to Timeless Isle, came across a Burden thing which gives you a 535 and got me a ring! :D

I am SO fucking pissed off right now. Used an Elixir of Ancient Knowledge to try to get from 80-85, but I somehow glitched out in Hyjal and I couldn't find anymore quests. Decided to do a dungeon instead and lost my elixir when I got one shot by the second boss in Throne of Tides. -_-'

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, I don't even know anymore. So tired of guilds exploding. At this point, I'm just playing to get my transmog stuff from CMs and Shaman then I might take a break. Tired of having to deal with drama and having to pug.

That or I'll faction/server switch and try to find somewhere more stable.

Apparently I'm a retard and didn't see the quest after you get Staghelm out of the burrow. The dragon that gives it phases out unless you're right by the entrance of the burrow is why I couldn't find the next quest.

It's getting to that point man where people are fiending for new content. I'm sure Diablo will hold some of us over for awhile, but still:

New infoz/beta plz.

Maybe it's just cause I'm pretty much completely geared out of normal SoO now (only minor WF upgrades or sidegrades left) with heroic progression being a little slow. Though I suppose I can't get too frustrated when working with only 6 raid hours a week while still having to clear because others still need gear. But definitely toning down my playtime otherwise. There's a few things I could do, but they're mostly grindy/boring.

Just spent around an hour camping a warrior and pally with a few other people since they kept killing the quest giver to the only quest I had available in Hyjal on my Monk.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was thinking about boosting a healer. Never played one seriously before. Don't know anything about addons, which healing classes do what, or anything. Or even what faction I'll put him on.

Definitely not a MW though. Hated what I played of that

Was thinking about boosting a healer. Never played one seriously before. Don't know anything about addons, which healing classes do what, or anything. Or even what faction I'll put him on.

Don't go Druid. Probably the most complicated healer. My favorite is Holy Pally pretty easily, although I haven't played a Holy Priest or Mistweaver Monk yet.

Berordn

Don't go Druid. Probably the most complicated healer. My favorite is Holy Pally pretty easily, although I haven't played a Holy Priest or Mistweaver Monk yet.

+1 to Holy Paladin here, but that might just be because I play one. Holy Priests are fun on content with more players and the amount of raw healing they push out is pretty incredible, much more fun than Discipline.

+1 to Holy Paladin here, but that might just be because I play one. Holy Priests are fun on content with more players and the amount of raw healing they push out is pretty incredible, much more fun than Discipline.

Disc is fun! One of your major heals moves your camera for you!

Enosh

It's getting to that point man where people are fiending for new content. I'm sure Diablo will hold some of us over for awhile, but still:

New infoz/beta plz.

Maybe it's just cause I'm pretty much completely geared out of normal SoO now (only minor WF upgrades or sidegrades left) with heroic progression being a little slow. Though I suppose I can't get too frustrated when working with only 6 raid hours a week while still having to clear because others still need gear. But definitely toning down my playtime otherwise. There's a few things I could do, but they're mostly grindy/boring.
I'm quite sure my guild will take a break before we get the last 4 on HC, quite a lot of people are moaning about doing siege too much already for this to last more than a month or two
including me tbh -.-

Disc is the only healer I can stand

Atonement is the only bearable style of healing.

StayDead

I'm on the second part of SoO, sadly only LFR still but by god is this a step up from the previous raids. I'm glad I coulld go straight to this now because every other Pandaria raid I've done as a resto druid has been really boring for me. This has been sick so far though.

Ultratech

New infoz/beta plz.

Yeah, after beating SoO on Normal finally and with Diablo out, I've realized I was kinda burnt out on the game.

The only things I'm seriously hoping to finish up at this point are Shadowmourne (now 49/50 Shards, so it's getting done sometime this week) and Throne of Thunder Meta achievements.

I'm almost to a point to where I don't even care if I get CMs done.

Dot50Cal

Banned
So theres a botter on my realm. He is only offline for 6 hours of each day, online all the rest, just sitting at an auctioneer, undercutting people within a couple seconds on the gem/enchant markets. What's interesting is that its actually staffed by people who speak very broken English. I've been watching him for a month now, its pretty obvious they are botting, but nothing has been done despite my efforts.

I posted about it on our realm forums and got a couple of people "in the know" who also have reported him, but still some stupid people think hes a good thing, since he tanks gem/enchant markets. We're talking driving inflated gem prices of up to 600g for a RARE cut all the way down to 50g. By weeks end, some of the cuts are into the 30g range, which is horrible and not worth the time/effort.

Really annoying :\

So theres a botter on my realm. He is only offline for 6 hours of each day, online all the rest, just sitting at an auctioneer, undercutting people within a couple seconds on the gem/enchant markets. What's interesting is that its actually staffed by people who speak very broken English. I've been watching him for a month now, its pretty obvious they are botting, but nothing has been done despite my efforts.

I posted about it on our realm forums and got a couple of people "in the know" who also have reported him, but still some stupid people think hes a good thing, since he tanks gem/enchant markets. We're talking driving inflated gem prices of up to 600g for a RARE cut all the way down to 50g. By weeks end, some of the cuts are into the 30g range, which is horrible and not worth the time/effort.

Really annoying :

I'm sorry but 600g for a rare gem is WAYYYYYYYYY inflated. Like 1000% of cost That guy is just bringing prices in line with the average.

And for colors like blue and maybe green, it isn't uncommon to see them at less than 40g.

You really must be on a backwater server (curious to know what it is so I can inspect your AH data) if people were getting away with prices that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom