• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZServ

So theres a botter on my realm. He is only offline for 6 hours of each day, online all the rest, just sitting at an auctioneer, undercutting people within a couple seconds on the gem/enchant markets. What's interesting is that its actually staffed by people who speak very broken English. I've been watching him for a month now, its pretty obvious they are botting, but nothing has been done despite my efforts.

I posted about it on our realm forums and got a couple of people "in the know" who also have reported him, but still some stupid people think hes a good thing, since he tanks gem/enchant markets. We're talking driving inflated gem prices of up to 600g for a RARE cut all the way down to 50g. By weeks end, some of the cuts are into the 30g range, which is horrible and not worth the time/effort.

Really annoying :\

There's a botter named Criona doing the same thing on Gilneas, but for glyphs and the opposite. Undercut any glyphs listed within seconds and relist at a high price, buy em out if they get to a certain point. The only thing that points it out is that Criona is *always* on. Level 1, naked, in a guild by itself, in Dalaran. Gotta be a botter. Super annoying though because it's caused all inscriptionists to stop listing their auctions, giving it a total domination over the market.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Blizzard needs to do something about enhance and ret in CMs. They're bottom of the barrel, and it sucks.

my guild is saying they could carry me though. So we'll see.

30g for a cut orange/red gem is pretty average no matter what realm you're on. You should see what botters did to Darkmoon Cards on kilrogg.

More like 45-60g (orange), at least on Tuesdays/Wednesdays. Some will trend higher, some lower.

And don't be so sure it's necessarily someone running a bot either. Could just be a no-lifer or person who can have WoW open at their job with a heavily optimized TradeSkillMaster setup.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I'm sorry but 600g for a rare gem is WAYYYYYYYYY inflated. Like 1000% of cost That guy is just bringing prices in line with the average.

And for colors like blue and maybe green, it isn't uncommon to see them at less than 40g.

You really must be on a backwater server (curious to know what it is so I can inspect your AH data) if people were getting away with prices that high.

Don't be sorry, I know 600g is mega inflated. I'm actually on a high pop server, Wyrmrest Accord. These same botters like to reset the market and control it with all the gems they bought out cheap as the week went on.

Our ore/etc prices support a decent profit at 100g a gem on average, stuff is pretty inflated here, since its in such high demand still. Its just a few bot jerks shifting the gem/enchant market to ridiculous levels.

I honestly do not think someone can sit on wow for 18 hours a day straight, doing nothing but targeting an auctioneer and relisting the moment someone outbids them. That would leave 6 hours for sleep, which I don't think anyone can sustain over a long period of time.

Check out his heat map on UJ.

My group's on their last two CMs before all golds and we're boggling on how people are surviving the first pull in Gate. The main point of contention seems to be balancing moving vs risking a smoke LOS and everyone getting smashed by bombs. We haven't found a lot of success pulling everything into the boss room because camera problems really mess up our healer, so we pull to the foot of the steps and just pray stuns/smoke/bomb placement doesn't really mess us up. In an effort to get more consistent though we're looking at alternative strats and we found Raegwyn's video. For the life of us we don't know how they kept the incoming damage low for the entire first pull. Only one person besides the tank seems to take damage at all. More than once I know I see the bomb particle effect go through people, but health bars aren't budging. Anybody got any insight?

Just got my Monk to 85 and can finally use my achaeology pole arm on someone. Freaking amazing at how fast I'm killing shit right now. Will try tanking a few dungeons once it get more Mists pieces.

1up

G1H86AZ4W95Q1395689693098.jpg

Holy hell, that is funny!

mclem

1st thing is go to see the Black Prince to at least get the legendary quests for when you start doing LFR/raids. Then get to Timeless Isle, and from there, probably LFR I'd say.
One thing I like about the legendary chain is that it serves as a passable guided tour of the interesting top-level content at 90. I've encouraged our more 'sightseeing-minded' late arrivals in the guild to do it just to have some mechanic to lead them through the content.

Just finished the second night (of two) of my guild's weekly raiding. We got to Garrosh but couldn't take him down. The mount is yet to be mine. We've nearly gotten him down in the second phase but I simply can't see us managing the third phase. With how rough the second phase is with those adds that spawn having those and everything else seems ridiculous.

Phase 2's empowered whirlwinds were a big sticking point for us, too. Everyone needs to have it drilled into them that *they* are responsible for any adds that spawn on them and they have to both keep them separated from others and kill them (and then help out on the healers)... while still *also* having in mind the fact that they'll need to run in soonish to prepare for the next mind control. I assume your guild is running out for the empowered WW, right?

We've downed him a few times, but one thing we *still* haven't quite got on top of is the third empowered whirlwind (which segues into the shadow realm phase). There's not enough time to kill adds prior to that, and immediately after that we're effectively forced to group for a brief period meaning the adds come to cluster again. We've got our kills simply by virtue of having sufficient DPS that we haven't hit that third empowered whirlwind, but it occasionally cuts very close indeed.

Don't fear the third phase *too* much, there's a few nuances that make it less painful than it sounds:

* People say he heals to 25% at the start of the phase. That's not quite true - he *gains* 20%. People generally see 25% because that's where the DPS on him during the transition tends to leave him - but if you can get the transition to occur at a good time, you can get a good few seconds of uninterrupted nuke. I've seen him come out of the transition at 28% when it went badly, and at 21% when it went really well.

* The phase is very brief. We'll usually down him around the second empowered whirlwind, although with one comedy of errors we somehow scraped through on one go with three (including a terrifying moment when I - as the tank - had one MCed melee on me and no-one else nearby, so I was trying to break the MC, keep Garrosh from killing me, and hoping like crazy I wouldn't run out of interrupts before the MC was broken!)

* You can afford to ignore a batch of adds if they happen when Garrosh is on <5% or so, just focus on Garrosh. You can't ignore MCs unless he's really low, though!

We've tended to find it more successful if we single-tank. While DPS isn't actually increased (I alone do slightly less DPS than me + my cotank when we two-tank it), that gives leeway to add an extra healer into the mix which allows more leeway with positioning in the empowered whirlwinds (Making it harder to run out of heal range, which many of our guild aren't great at!). I don't know for certain what tanks that's viable for - I ( a paladin) can self-heal just fine to do it, but my warrior buddy struggles with taking Garrosh during the empowered WWs when two-tanking, so I think a good chunk of self-healing is a must.

Damage numbers that work for us:
Phase 1:
First wrecking ball: 50-55%
Second wrecking ball: 25-30%
- at this point I'll generally go "Wolf, then weapon, then AoE the adds", which tends to lead to Garrosh hitting 10% just as the third wrecking ball comes, and that means the adds are low enough to be taken out by the ball.

Phase 2:
After the first transition phase: About 80-85%
Before the second transition phase (no empowered whirlwinds yet!): About 30-40%
If we're below 35% when we come out from the second transition, I know we're reasonably comfortable with beating that third empowered WW.

StMeph

One thing I like about the legendary chain is that it serves as a passable guided tour of the interesting top-level content at 90. I've encouraged our more 'sightseeing-minded' late arrivals in the guild to do it just to have some mechanic to lead them through the content.

It's more like a broken tram tour through Throne of Thunder. About ten times.

Garrosh stuff.
Most of that goes as described until it comes time to kill our own adds. First off, that was never explained to me so until our last wipe they were saying Vent as a reminder to take care of our own add. I know I dragged mine around but I know is wasn't the only one with that issue. But that definitely explains that portion of the fight a little better.

Are you saying that the second time Garrosh heals and becomes full empowered for the last phase he doesn't heal back to 100% and instead only gains 20% health? That would seem much more reasonable if that's the case. There's no way I could see us surviving through the last phase if he healed back up to 150m health or whatever he has.

Otherwise most of your damage percents match fairly closely to ours. The first phase is pretty much exactly matched but the second phase looks a little lower than we got him as he always had closer to 40-45% when we'd wipe.

mclem

Are you saying that the second time Garrosh heals and becomes full empowered for the last phase he doesn't heal back to 100% and instead only gains 20% health? That would seem much more reasonable if that's the case. There's no way I could see us surviving through the last phase if he healed back up to 150m health or whatever he has.

Yep, he has very little health for the final phase. It's still chaotic, but there's a race-against-time aspect at that point. As long as you can keep it together through a few more empowered whirlwinds (while, unfortunately, having less space to work with!), you'll do okay.

Are you also controlling the weapon landing location? A group of three ranged can dictate it if everyone else is in melee, and that allows control of the space a bit better. A lot of Phase 3 has to be played by ear, though, anticipating where the safest spots to move to lie.

Edit: I do hope you're not talking heroic, here! It's just crossed my mind that you might be, and I've got no frame of reference for that, and my advice is almost certainly rubbish!

educator

Hey guys,

Im trying to get exalted with Darnassus, and Im currently revered with 5395 points. So, I still got quiet a grind left. The quests in Darkshore has stopped giving me rep, so I don't really know where to go now or what to do. I have the tabard.

Could anyone give me some pointers to get those last 16K xp? I really want that Saber mount!

Thanks.

mclem

Phase 1 and 2 are like a relaxing walk through the park compared ot phase 3 on Garrosh.

phase 3 is game faces.

I don't think I agree, actually. I think P2 and P3 are similarly challenging in two different ways. P2 requires the group to remain consistent and keep the fight going stably, because if it gets out of control, you're screwed. P3, on the other hand, does allow for screwups to some extent (failed interrupts on MCs aside), and it *will* get out of control, but if you can keep alive through shit going down, you'll get through it.

As a guild, we found P2 - at least, the second P2 with the empowered whirlwinds onwards - much tougher than P3, which we beat in only a few attempts.

P1 reminds me of Vashj, and Lich King, and Kel'thuzad, and Malygos, and probably several others too: Final bosses with quite boring and simple first phases which get tedious to plough through every. single. time. Kel'thuzad almost certainly being the biggest culprit there.

ampere

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/april/G1H86AZ4W95Q1395689693098.jpg[IMG]

Holy hell, that is funny![/QUOTE]

Yeah holy shit. [URL="https://twitter.com/artofcgrobinson"]@artofcgrobinson[/URL] is a god for this

Some of the quotes:
[QUOTE]The original model was never very popular among players[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]We wanted to rough up her edges a bit, and tell a story that has been told many times before&#8212;the story of a rebellious young girl cooped up on her family&#8217;s floating crystal ship that&#8217;s just crashed on a fantastical planet. When you get your hands on Warlords of Draenor, be sure to take a look at some of the unique emotes the animation team has created for her. Some of my favorites are: /twerk, /ew, /chewgum, and /whatever. Also keep in mind that the models shown here are using a temporary pose, which may make her appear more animated and lively than she will in the final product.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]The Draenei, like all of the game&#8217;s races except the humans, are essentially anthropomorphic representations of animals, so a lot of care went into conveying that.[/QUOTE]
So good.

[quote="educator, post: 106535798"]Hey guys,

Im trying to get exalted with Darnassus, and Im currently revered with 5395 points. So, I still got quiet a grind left. The quests in Darkshore has stopped giving me rep, so I don't really know where to go now or what to do. I have the tabard.

Could anyone give me some pointers to get those last 16K xp? I really want that Saber mount!

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If you wear the tabard and do dungeons you will get quite a bit of rep! That is the easiest way to get rep if a faction has a rep-granting tabard (not all tabards grant rep in dungeons).

educator

Yeah holy shit. @artofcgrobinson is a god for this

Some of the quotes:

So good.

If you wear the tabard and do dungeons you will get quite a bit of rep! That is the easiest way to get rep if a faction has a rep-granting tabard (not all tabards grant rep in dungeons).

Thanks. I have the tabard and about 10K left until exalted now! Do Pandaria dungeons count towards Darnassus rep?

kitzkozan

The most hilarious thing about the fake model is the overreaction from some players on the official forums. Absolute comedic gold and one of the best prank from Blizz in a while. :p

ampere

Warlords Patch 6.0 Preview (April Fools Edition)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12371977139

They had too much fun with these.

Some are absolutely hilarious.

To prevent confusion over whether you&#8217;re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.
To encourage exploration of the world all Flightmasters are now Walkmasters.
Walkmasters provide a guided tour of the world, giving out small bits of trivia for the area you&#8217;re in as they walk alongside you to your destination. If they walk slower than you&#8217;d like, just use your Homerock.

omg, there will be so much salt from the people mad about no flying in 6.0 lol.

In addition to a Proving Grounds medal of Silver or better being required to queue for Warlords of Draenor Heroic dungeons, a medal of Gold or better is now required to post in the forums.

ahahaha

Industry and political jokes too:

Due to recent acquisitions, The Oculus is temporarily inaccessible.

amazing.

Due to new Horde and Alliance policies, bandages can only be used on players who spend at least 38 hours per week completing quests.

hnnnnggg

Slayerx

What really makes this fake model is that its obviously a heavily modified new draenei female. I hope they show it tomorrow, they promised to show it this week, right?

Shahadan

I don't get the reference but the Nivlac stuff needs to happen

Also :

Despite concerns over workers' rights violations due to unreasonable weather conditions, Arthas has stated that people should let it go, and that he will indeed remain the final boss of Icecrown Citadel. The cold never bothered him anyway.

ampere

What really makes this fake model is that its obviously a heavily modified new draenei female. I hope they show it tomorrow, they promised to show it this week, right?

Yeah they said they would show it first week of April. They probably still will, they just decided to have fun with us first by tweaking it in horrible ways.

Ultratech

Warlords Patch 6.0 Preview (April Fools Edition)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12371977139

They had too much fun with these.

Yeah, I was laughing my ass off at a lot of these.

Some of my favorites:
Dogecoin is now accepted as a form of payment, but no one really knows how it works.
Aspect of the Pack has been renamed to Aspect of the Doge. Many daze, much anger, so mystery, wow!
Time Warp now requires just a jump to the left.
Rockbiter Totem now transforms the Shaman into a large stone elemental that cannot save their friends, despite having such big, strong hands.
Warlock

-All spells and abilities have been significantly revamped. Again. You’ll figure it out.
-Warlocks are now overpowered. This will be addressed in a future expansion.
-Riding Felsteeds single file into battle will no longer hide Warlock numbers.

Warriors have been nerfed because reasons.

Players who attempt to create a character on a PvP realm will first be directed to read a thread about the Censer of Eternal Agony on the forums.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
The best joke every year is the recurring gags about the Dance Studio being removed from the game due to lack of participation.

I don't know why but I've grown very attached to that joke lmao.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The most hilarious thing about the fake model is the overreaction from some players on the official forums. Absolute comedic gold and one of the best prank from Blizz in a while. :p

Yeah, some of the negative reactions were... concerning. Some people got OFFENDED by it. :|

CassSept

These are the most obvious of the fake patch notes but I think at the same time they are the most hilarious ones. I burst out laughing at nearly every single line. Warrior changes are amazing.

I don't get the reference but the Nivlac stuff needs to happen

Read it backwards :)

ampere

The best joke every year is the recurring gags about the Dance Studio being removed from the game due to lack of participation.

I don't know why but I've grown very attached to that joke lmao.

It's pretty weird that people complain about there being no Dance Studio when no one uses it anyway :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom