• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds stupid now but the problem is that we can't see all these changes in a vacuum. I'd wait until we get some info from the playable NDA-free alpha before starting on a crusade.

ALL HUNTERS MUST DIE

Hopefully myself along with some others here can get some quality hands on at Pax East.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I might have found a proper CM group. Got a bunch done today, and we're supposed to resume tomorrow. They've done them on mains/alts in the past. They're Australian, so we do them at like the crack of morning for me, but I don't mind that so much. We had a ton of fun.

Got MSP done which I'm definitely happy about because I know that's one of the harder ones. Still got SSB and Siege though, but I've got some experience on Siege now. We have two elemental shaman, but it's like.. Elemental Shaman is a class you can stack since they're probably tied for the best CM class with Hunters. We also had a Warlock where we just AOEd everything to death. If they do some more after this, I may take my lock or hunter even though I don't play it. Just to have it.

I'm liking CMs a lot more than raiding right now, honestly.

Tarazet

The changes for Guardian Druids make me believe that Haste will be a more important Rage generator than Critical Strike. It now reduces the GCD as well as the cooldown of Mangle, which becomes more important now that the cooldown of Mangle can't be reset, and we now only get 5 extra Rage from each critical strike.

Meanwhile, the new Mastery is atrocious. It means that every other physical attack is going to be taken to the face with essentially no mitigation, which means unavoidable spike. Even the old Mastery, which was just an armor multiplier, was at least a reliable steady damage reduction, and it typically resulted in Druids taking less damage than any other tanks in heavy physical-damage fights. Besides that, we have a substantial hole to dig out of with the loss of our bonus to Haste and Critical Strike from gear, as well as Agility no longer granting increased critical strike chance. So I imagine that Guardians will continue to avoid Mastery on their gear like the plague.

That leaves the logical and likely stat priority as Haste > Crit > Mastery, and the attack priority will essentially be: maintain Faerie Fire (unless you have a plate DPS providing the Physical Vulnerability debuff) > Mangle > maintain Thrash bleed > spam Lacerate every GCD.

Dawg

DraenorNew.jpg

I want to explore it ;_;

Naka

I don't think Blizzard has done an NDA for WoW since the original vanilla F&F alpha. I was in that one and I had to fax in a form. They also had the servers IP locked, so you had to go to an administration website and update your account with the IP of your computer. I can't believe that was 11 years ago now. I still remember the first toon I rolled in the alpha which was a Dwarf mage. I was in awe running around Dun Morogh for the first time.

ampere

That's the vanilla screen, all the alphas/betas use it.

Yep. Placeholder.

Heh, well I'd be OK if they stuck with it

I don't think Blizzard has done an NDA for WoW since the original vanilla F&F alpha. I was in that one and I had to fax in a form. They also had the servers IP locked, so you had to go to an administration website and update your account with the IP of your computer.

There might not have been an NDA for Cataclysm, but I remember Blizz C&D'd MMO Champion for all of the stuff they posted early. MMO Champ later got bought by Curse so that someone would have a leash on them haha.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do I feel like doing CMs on my Warlock.

I don't know. I just don't know. I don't really play it, but that set is easily the best of all the CMs, and it seems fairly easy to find a CM group as a warlock if my usual people aren't going to do them after these

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
mercurialembossment25saj.png

Requires an item with a Sha-touched socket, apparently comes from some kind of Garrison reward and (only) works in Talador. Peculiar. I wonder if it will be included in the release candidate.

Touchdown

Banned
I'm getting very excited for WoD. As a guardian tank though, I'm not quite sure what to make of the patch notes lol. Looks like our rotation becomes even more boring than it already was.... Should be interesting.

Ultratech

Welp, finally got Shadowmourne done tonight!

It's been months coming, but I finally got it done.

That makes 3 Legendaries now. I'm prolly not gonna go after the Warglavies anytime soon.

Also gotta claim the contents of the Sealed Chest, so I can get all the goodies from that.

Wasn't tNetherstorm supposed to be the place in which the worlds colided with each other or something?

Something like this:
The region of Netherstorm was a verdant open range called the Fields of Farahlon until Draenor was ripped apart. Normally imperceptible to mortals, the Twisting Nether bled into the physical realm and unleashed a tumultuous arcane storm that warped the surrounding territory. The blood elves are now using the technology of a captured naaru vessel to harness the storm's magic, further compromising the already unstable land.

Welp, finally got Shadowmourne done tonight!

It's been months coming, but I finally got it done.

That makes 3 Legendaries now. I'm prolly not gonna go after the Warglavies anytime soon.

Also gotta claim the contents of the Sealed Chest, so I can get all the goodies from that.

I thought you claimed only one of the items in the sealed chest and had to pick between them.

How hard is it to solo all the parts for Shadowmourne? When I get around to getting my free level 90 I'll likely go DK or Monk to work on that. That's about the only reason I have for getting a free level 90 at this point.

ampere

I thought you claimed only one of the items in the sealed chest and had to pick between them.

How hard is it to solo all the parts for Shadowmourne? When I get around to getting my free level 90 I'll likely go DK or Monk to work on that. That's about the only reason I have for getting a free level 90 at this point.

You get all of the goodies from the chest.

You said DK or Monk, reminder that Shadowmourne is DK/Warrior/Paladin only. You can't solo the whole thing, the infusion quests require a few people.

You get all of the goodies from the chest.

You said DK or Monk, reminder that Shadowmourne is DK/Warrior/Paladin only. You can't solo the whole thing, the infusion quests require a few people.

Oh crap, I just thought about tanking classes. Guess it'll likely just be DK then. Maybe another Paladin? I already have three that are near max level I could always return to.

I think it's silly they don't let other classes work on making Shadowmourne even if they can't equip it. I just want the mount.

Anyhow, good thing you said something because I'd prefer a monk and likely would have just gone with that.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I got banned for gold farming. I never did any gold farming!

I got banned for gold farming. I never did any gold farming!

Did your account get compromised, even if only for a day? Did you transfer a ton of gold from one account to another? Are you actually banned or did you get an email from 'bilzzardwowensubs@legitimatebusiness.ru' telling you that?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm actually banned. I have no idea if my account got compromised or not. I never shared it with anyone or anything, though.

Dot50Cal

Banned
We got Heroic Spoils down tonight :D Only took us two tries as well! Heroic Malk is still giving us issues, but we downed him in time for a couple shots on Spoils. Some folks miss the pools too often :(

Tarazet

I'm getting very excited for WoD. As a guardian tank though, I'm not quite sure what to make of the patch notes lol. Looks like our rotation becomes even more boring than it already was.... Should be interesting.

I played Guardian in MoP too. It looks like Faerie Fire won't even really be part of our rotation any longer, since Lacerate has no cooldown and Weakened Armor is going away. FF is going to apply Physical Vulnerability instead, which is a debuff that can be applied by any plate DPS (or any Druid in 6.0). So as long as you have one of them, you don't have to keep any debuffs up. Beyond that, Haste should become at least more useful than it was, and potentially more important than Critical Strike. The new Mastery is bad.

The redesign of Vengeance is a wise way to get rid of a mechanic that made raid encounters impossible to balance. On progression in Throne of Thunder I was consistently top DPS even on single-target encounters, and if there was lots of adds involved, it wasn't uncommon to do 20-25% of a 10 man raid's damage. So they're keeping the self-healing benefits of Vengeance scaling with attack power, and just giving tanks more damage at all times. Makes sense to me.

Ultratech

Yeah, I guess I worded that oddly. There's 5 items in there you turn in for stuff.
I was kinda referring to the quest item that gives you the chest.

For soloing it, I solo'd Unholy (pop Army, get in the Abomination and suck up stuff quickly, then kill boss) and Frost (tank and spank).

You HAVE to have somebody else for Blood, which I duo'd with a Warlock who I had die twice for it. (SS'd once, then I brez'd the 2nd time).

Still, it'll take a while to get everything done.
Took me forever to get Infusions done and like 2-3 months for the Shards. (Roughly...I forgot when I started, but it's been 2 months at least.)
If you just want the mount from the end of it, you'd prolly have an easier time trying to buy it from somebody.

ampere

I played Guardian in MoP too. It looks like Faerie Fire won't even really be part of our rotation any longer, since Lacerate has no cooldown and Weakened Armor is going away. FF is going to apply Physical Vulnerability instead, which is a debuff that can be applied by any plate DPS (or any Druid in 6.0). So as long as you have one of them, you don't have to keep any debuffs up. Beyond that, Haste should become at least more useful than it was, and potentially more important than Critical Strike. The new Mastery is bad.

Haste finally reducing GCD for rage using specs is a godsend. So overdue, the long GCD on Prot Warrior and Guardian Druid felt bad compared to Blood DK/Monk and a Pally with haste. And there's the Mangle CD reduction from haste which is pretty sweet. I wouldn't say the mastery is bad, an absorb shield every other incoming hit, it'll smooth out damage a bit. Plus there's the +% AP. Remains to be seen what survival benefit multistrike will bring for tanks.

I'm leaning towards playing my Druid as my primary tank in WoD. Feral spec is getting a lot of positive tweaks too: combo points stack on you, talent to make savage roar passive, removal of position req for shred, etc. So that would make my questing spec that much nicer to play.

ampere

I don't think blizz really needed to remove so many stats. Now all the gear will look almost exactly the same statwise.

They are removing hit/expertise/dodge/parry and adding multistrike, readiness and tertiary stats. And bonus armor can appear as a stat on jewelry/trinkets. I think there will still be a lot of gear variety

Holy SHIT those new boar mounts.

I want one. Be for both factions please.

I also want that Toucan pet!

Maybe I should get one character of every race to 100. I can't choose.

Can blizz add an option in WoD that lets us ban from every being in the same area as another server? There's always someone being an asshole whenever I'm anywhere near anyone from Blackrock. Have had an Ordos group fail because the raid was on that server and someone not in group kept pulling adds to us, and just had 2 people from it 2 man the Darkmoon Rabbit and not invite any of the 40+ horde waiting just because they got there first.

Luthos

That looks so good. Not to mention his coat kinda moved from what I saw somewhere else. I've been out of the loop for a while with WoW. Are they gonna update the cape models for players? (their animations, I mean)

Because if they do that, and with these new character models, I'm really thinking about re-subbing with the new expansion. I know that sounds a bit silly/vain, but I'm really digging the new visual changes to the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom