• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

1396795738316rhudu.jpg

Shepard.

ampere

Some datamined multistrike perks for Druid, Paladin and Warrior tanks. The perks are OK, but of course, random. Looking like haste is the go to stat for reliable resource generation for those three tank specs in WoD. They essentially all have Sanctity of Battle now which makes haste hard to beat.

Ursa Major: New Guardian specialization. Your multistrikes from auto attacks and Mangle grant you Ursa Major. Ursa Major increases your maximum health by 5% for 15 sec. When this effect is refreshed, the remaining portion is added to the new effect.

Shining Protector, New Protection specialization: All heals you receive have a chance equal to your multistrike chance to trigger Shining Protector, healing you for an additional 30% of the triggering heal.

Blood Craze, new Protection specialization: Your multistrikes from auto attacks trigger a Blood Craze. Blood Craze regenerates X% of your health over 3 sec. When this effect is refreshed, the remaining portion is added to the new effect.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I saw that a few new console variables have been added to the beta client. Nothing too interesting and since we've only got the login screen to look at (which behaves differently than the game itself) I can't really provide any good screens or anything. But these are the most apparent (I think there were some new in the debug section as well, but those aren't relevant at the moment):

Name: refraction Info: Current Value: 0
Name: enableBGDL Info: Background Download (on async net thread) Enabled Current Value: 1
Name: maxAnimJobs Info: Max anim jobs a scene will construct Current Value: 0
Name: shadowUpdateMode Info: Shadows update mode (0 - 2) Current Value: 1
Name: normalBufferMode Info: Normal buffer format (0 - 8888, 1 - 1555 Current Value: 0
Name: SSAODistance Info: SSAO distance Current Value: 0.1
Name: entityLodDist Info: Entity level of detail distance Current Value: 10
Name: hdPlayerModels Info: Use high definition replacements for player models Current Value: 1

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just realized...

...we might see Mankrik's Wife in Draenor!
I heard she was a quest giver. Could have just been someone pulling my leg, but I hope it's true.

vilmer_

My god I forgot how painful the pvp gear grind was when you're starting from zero... 20k frostfire bolt crits and getting 2 shotted baby. The last season of pvp gear I have is season 8 lol.

Fjordson

Getting so excited for WoD with all the new info. And that music sounds great.

Wow, grats man. Looks awesome.

Are challenge modes cross realm? I'd love to get the CM transmog gear if anyone else here would be up for it. My hunter is up to 565 item lvl (though I'm not sure if your gear gets scaled down in CM's).

Edit: should mention I'm alliance.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
My god I forgot how painful the pvp gear grind was when you're starting from zero... 20k frostfire bolt crits and getting 2 shotted baby. The last season of pvp gear I have is season 8 lol.

I'm trying to do the same. I don't even have a single piece of pvp gear though, tried looking into buying the crap crafted gear in the AH but they're charging 1500g a piece...
The gear difference is mental.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's nice that we are finally getting massive WoD infodumps. I liek maps.

Haven't been keeping up with WoW news, but...

-is there a pre-expansion event planned? the MoP one sucked (Theramore scenario)
-is the WoD login screen really the exact same as the vanilla one?
-is Blizzard still saying we might not EVER fly in Draenor?
-the alpha has started, so what are the latest release date estimates?

edit: Thanks Rösti!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't been keeping up with WoW news, but...

-is there a pre-expansion event planned? the MoP one sucked (Theramore scenario)
-is the WoD login screen really the exact same as the vanilla one?
-is Blizzard still saying we might not EVER fly in Draenor?
-the alpha has started, so what are the latest release date estimates?

1. Yes, there is a pre-expansion event planned. It's said to be about the Iron Horde launching its invasion of Azeroth, and you have to go through the Dark Portal and stop the shenanigans in Tanaan Jungle.

2. It's a placeholder. Common practice with alpha testing.

3. Unsure about this, but the last I've heard is that flying in patch 6.1 will depend on player feedback in 6.0.

4. I'm seeing August-September quite popular lately, but the official expectation is Fall with the last potential release date 21st of December.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
That looks so damn amazing.
I really want to see what they do with male humans.

Sadly I get the feeling they're saving em for near the last because they know they're by far one of the worst models/ones people want to see the most.

Berordn

That is such a dramatic improvement it's absurd.

Doesn't address my biggest issue with it (helms on Tauren are just so bleh), but wow.

Slayerx

Yeah I have a feeling that humans and night elves will be the last, human males are by far the most popular model and night elf fans are the whiniest, I mean the most passionate. Need them to show the troll master race though :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, all the guilds really are falling off. The one I wanted to join is apparently going to take a break too. Jesus. And they're 13/14H.

StayDead

I hated being a tauren male and I'm very glad I've been a nelf female for a long ass time now but I like that tauren male model. Wonder what the female looks like now?

Also if they change nelf I hope they don't ruin it.

Dawg

Yeah I have a feeling that humans and night elves will be the last, human males are by far the most popular model and night elf fans are the whiniest, I mean the most passionate. Need them to show the troll master race though :(

Don't forget Blood Elves!

As someone who mains a Tauren Male (and has a few alts of them) - looks good.

Mine is a DK though, so I'll curious to see how it works out with the differences in appearance from that.

But it definitely "keeps the soul".

PatDH

Stoked! Wake up & its raining heavily & meant to keep raining until the evening. No work today! Time to keep farming Honor for the 522 PvP set. Keen to have a little paddle in the PvP ocean.

Quick question - Would the 522 PvP set be better in PvP then my PvE gear thats at iLv 540? Or am I wasting my time lol.

ampere

Blood Elves won't be at launch. Doubt we'll see previews of them until the game is out.

I think male Night Elves are gonna be one of the last. They need the help.
I still believe that Blood Elves and Draenei will make it. Draenei have to be in there regardless.

KEEPING THE DREAM ALIVE.

Berordn

I still believe that Blood Elves and Draenei will make it. Draenei have to be in there regardless.

KEEPING THE DREAM ALIVE.

The fact that they used Female Draenei as an April 1st prank makes me somewhat confident that they're working on them for launch.

I mean, that fake model has to be based off of something, right?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Tauren is looking pretty damn sweet.

RPGCrazied

These new models look amazing. I just hope there will be more than one face option, or everyone will look the same.

I really can't wait to see the human male/ night elf male and blood elf male.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom