• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

Wait, theyr'e keeping the wolf in the game? That's fucking lame.

I meant that it won't be removed i.e. challenge mode realm best titles. I doubt it'd still be obtainable but I wouldn't be surprised to see it live on as a 1% drop.

I don't think they've actually confirmed it either way.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Wondering how they'll deal with the Brawler's Guild. Will the current stuff as 90 for everyone to stomp when they are 100 with a whole new fuckload of bosses?

I really hope we see a new brawler's guild. Some of my favorite content in MoP by far.

I wouldn't mind them taking out the current title/mount, and adding new ones for a WoD brawlers guild.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Is playing on a sandbox frowned upon on gaf?
If you are thinking about streaming via Twitch, don't bother. They've worked out some kind of restriction around it and you can be banned for streaming WoD.

As for your initial question, I wouldn't mind. Though, the information I want to get (console variable behaviour) I don't think can be brought from the sandbox.

ampere

I did play WC3, but I guess I forgot about the teeth! True that the female NE are supposed to be the fierce warriors and the men are sleepy druids.

Is playing on a sandbox frowned upon on gaf?

I don't think so... afaik just hosting a private server would be illegal, but just viewing files in the sandbox should be OK.

Well, you heard the man. Truth be told if the model were going to look like the datamined version they might as well have previewed it already, unless the animations weren't ready xP

Berordn

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man seeing how nice all the draenor zones look is kind of sad, knowing they got all bloweds up and ruined.

Loxley

As someone who has been playing primarily a human male since Day 1, that's obviously the one I'm looking forward to seeing the most. Not just because I need my man-Paladin to be not ugly for once, but mostly because the human male running animation is in dire need of updating. My paladin has been running like he has a stick up his ass for nine years :(

*edit - and those new male Tauren animations look fantastic. I absolutely love how expressive all of the updated models are.

Robin64

Aw yiss

blasted_lands_invaded_03.jpg

More

ampere

Aw yiss

http://www.adriacraft.net/images/stories/news/2014/Apr/blasted_lands_invaded_03.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://www.adriacraft.net/warcraft/jos-jedan-alijansov-grad-unisten-na-azerothu-nethergarde-keep-blasted-lands-201404085889/"]
More[/URL][/QUOTE]

Poor Nethergarde Keep... looks like this will happen during the pre-expansion event stuff. Those are some scary cannons.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well I got my cloak on my monk. Really don't know if I feel like doing it again especially how much bad guilds have killed my interest in raiding this tier.

So many 'you gotta get gear first then we'll take you,' or 'we're not raiding anymore' or whatever. Sick of the fucking bench and sick of fucking pugging.

Berordn

Twitch says broadcasting WoD will result in a DMCA suspension. Why? WoD doesnt have a NDA right? :/

Anybody currently showing content from it doesn't have any permission from Blizzard to be broadcasting it. All this stuff is being datamined with a client they're (technically) not supposed to have yet.

I'd like to see how they change questing in Blasted Lands for low level characters for this. I think it'd be kinda cool to be taking out Iron Horde mobs at 56-60.

Khezu

So my friend and I were having a discussion the other day.

He kept trying to convince me that Blizzard should design a class that doesn't use tab targeting for combat. His logic is that they wouldn't really have to do much, just make it so the class has no auto attack, and all it's special strikes and attacks functioned as cone style AoE attacks, and any range attacks would be dota style skill shots.

I just don't think that would make very compelling gameplay with WoW's mechanics, even if they had a very intricate combo system for chaining attacks together. It would just be really janky, and clash with the rest of the game.

Also goat woman look nice.

Goat lady is awesome. Much less of a jump than some of the others though simply because she was already on the better end of the spectrum. It's more like "Now in HD!", rather than a full remodel which isn't a bad thing. Higher resolution textures do wonders. Dat muscle definition.

Ultratech

Goat lady is awesome. Much less of a jump than some of the others though simply because she was already on the better end of the spectrum. It's more like "Now in HD!", rather than a full remodel which isn't a bad thing. Higher resolution textures do wonders. Dat muscle definition.

Pretty much.

There's not a huge jump there like some of the other models (*cough* Tauren).

Still looks considerably better though.

Touch

female draenei didn't need much more than a nice touch up. im happy with it. my shaman is happy with it.

long live moon guard

Salamando

So my friend and I were having a discussion the other day.

He kept trying to convince me that Blizzard should design a class that doesn't use tab targeting for combat. His logic is that they wouldn't really have to do much, just make it so the class has no auto attack, and all it's special strikes and attacks functioned as cone style AoE attacks, and any range attacks would be dota style skill shots.

I just don't think that would make very compelling gameplay with WoW's mechanics, even if they had a very intricate combo system for chaining attacks together. It would just be really janky, and clash with the rest of the game.

You just described Wildstar-Online's combat system. Ends up making a lot of attacks AOE's. Even the skillshots tend to do damage to multiple targets, since you can't control which one would take the damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom