• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here want to help me out with keeping a raid open while I switch characters? I'd need you to zone into Dragon Soul. NA, Alliance. SaxRussel#1453 if you can <3

Fjordson

Anyone here still use Shock and Awe on their shaman? I've got my timer bars set up, but I'm wondering how to lock them in place.

EekTheKat

*sigh*

I get an invite to SoO normal by some guild . Did the lion's share of the dps on their boss kill.

Warforge cloth dps boots drop, I roll highest - the raid leader gives it to his guildie instead.

I mention I wasn't comfortable with continuing anymore, their raid leader sarcastically says "ENJOY YOUR BOOTS" when he clearly gave them to his guildie. Then he proceeds to boot me.

I just wasn't going to spend an entire evening on SoO normal with some guild that doesn't give people a fair shake.

Some things never change I guess. The WoW "community" is ever so cutthroat and quick to screw people over.

Fjordson

*sigh*

I get an invite to SoO normal by some guild . Did the lion's share of the dps on their boss kill.

Warforge cloth dps boots drop, I roll highest - the raid leader gives it to his guildie instead.

I mention I wasn't comfortable with continuing anymore, their raid leader sarcastically says "ENJOY YOUR BOOTS" when he clearly gave them to his guildie. Then he proceeds to boot me.

I just wasn't going to spend an entire evening on SoO normal with some guild that doesn't give people a fair shake.

Some things never change I guess. The WoW "community" is ever so cutthroat and quick to screw people over.
That's lame. He could have just calmly replaced you instead of being an ass.

I don't blame you, though. I wouldn't have continued either.

EekTheKat

That's lame. He could have just calmly replaced you instead of being an ass.

I don't blame you, though. I wouldn't have continued either.

I'm not the type to flat out say "HEY I WON THOSE BOOTS" - since honestly as an unguilded priest loot progression in that manner matters very little to me at this moment with everyone being burned out on SoO and Draenor just around the corner.

But that doesn't mean I'm okay with loot favor-tism of any sort. I'm in the "if people put in the work, they should have a legit shot at a drop for their main spec" camp, which I think isn't that outlandish of an idea.

I had no intention of rolling on healer gear - I queued as DPS for Flex 4, someone from their guild asked me to join their SoO 10 normal. I DPS'd the boss fight, did more than my share of the work. Their raid leader clearly says roll for main spec and I clearly followed their rules.

I was hoping someone else would pick up on it but none of them did. His guildie mage certainly wasn't going to say anything.

The kill was on the second boss anyway, odds are given I was top dps for them they weren't going to go very far.

I'm not a cutting edge geared dps these days, but I do enough to get by for my gear level and have a separate healer kit that's of comparable strength.

On the somewhat bright side, I ended the night with a group that ran normal Thok (which was pretty easy), and got several good tries in on normal siegecrafter.

The mechanics were a bit too much for a pick up 10 man normal that was heavy on melee though, the healers were running for their lives kiting lasers near constantly. Even after I switched to healer it still had some problems that we just couldn't overcome.

Fjordson

Agreed. Unless a leader explicitly states that guildies get loot priority and has pug members agree to it beforehand (which I've never seen happen) I think you have to go by the dice rolls only.

mclem

Wonder if we'll ever fight Galakrond now that we have this time warp stuff. They're running out of dragons, and we know Blizzard loves dragons.

Is this the first expansion with no traditional dragon raid boss in it? There's a drake (Galakras, and he's not really the main focus of the fight anyway), and a bunch of the new cloud serpent-style dragons (Elegon, Tsulong, Nalak), but straight dragons haven't really been a thing.

Agreed. Unless a leader explicitly states that guildies get loot priority and has pug members agree to it beforehand (which I've never seen happen) I think you have to go by the dice rolls only.

As a RL, I've done this a few times; I don't particularly like it, but I do try to make sure that the guest raider is aware before we start. I've failed to convey that once or twice and if it's any consolation, it does seriously eat me up inside as a failure on my part.

It helps that we have a few established friends of the guild - ex-guildies we're still happy to work with, or friends of friends we have in on a semiregular basis - and they're comfortable with the idea.

Khezu

I want a glyph that turns Druid cat form into this.
36Xbs9G.jpg

Werecat and werebear

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
PVPing on my enhance has taught me

Fuck Monks
Fuck Warriors
Fuck Paladins(this is more of them being annoying immune shits than killing me)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is battle.net down for anyone else? I'm trying to access it and I can't on any browser, it's really frustrating.

Fjordson

Exalted with the Black Prince on my shaman. Guess I'll go for my second cloak, though it feels a bit daunting doing it all again.

Sigils of Wisdom and Power come from Siege and Throne of Thunder right? And you're guaranteed one from Lei Shen?

Tamanon

Banned
Exalted with the Black Prince on my shaman. Guess I'll go for my second cloak, though it feels a bit daunting doing it all again.

Sigils of Wisdom and Power come from Siege and Throne of Thunder right? And you're guaranteed one from Lei Shen?

All raids drop sigils, they just drop more in Siege. Quickest stage.

daedalius

PVPing on my enhance has taught me

Fuck Monks
Fuck Warriors
Fuck Paladins(this is more of them being annoying immune shits than killing me)

So you don't totally love it when a warrior just charge+blade storms you for more than half your life? And regardless of the fact you might use your trinket and your snare/root break, you are still slowed while trying to run away and still eating the blade storm?

Yep, I totally love that.

Fuck warriors (even tho i play enhance and a warrior)

Touch

another off hand glaive drop for the millionth time. so stupid just give me the fucking main hand already. so tired of this

Sigh, failed to kill Garrosh tonight with the raid. Not good.

And I died to an unlucky annihilate once as well, which sucked ass. I don't know if I've ever died to that before.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Started doing my third 9/9 CM run tonight. I healed this one on my paladin, ended up going 6/9 tonight before we became too tired and started making mistakes. I've already got the lock set and the Shaman set. Paladin is the only other one that looks interesting enough to me :) Should have it sometime this week yay! I take that back, the mage and hunter sets look great but those are the two classes that I don't have at max level on my new server :(

Some of these pulls are crazy hard, but I was prepared for most of them. The only thing that sucks was the one-shots for the unprepared folks who haven't done CM's :p

Khezu

I wish Starsurge and Starfire switched around, and Starsurge was the main filler nuke, and Starfire was the CD. Would make balance a lot more pleasing to the eyes.

Also, I hate the eclipse mechanic so much. It just feels so awkward and clunky.

StayDead

I wish Starsurge and Starfire switched around, and Starsurge was the main filler nuke, and Starfire was the CD. Would make balance a lot more pleasing to the eyes.

Also, I hate the eclipse mechanic so much. It just feels so awkward and clunky.

After just switching to balance myself I think I can agree with you on the eclipse mechanic.

On the way it works it feels to be far too punishing compared to any other class when you have to move. If you get forced to move at just slightly the wrong time it can really screw everything up (atleast for me since I'm still learning it)

I realise this is true for most classes, but the amount of times I've been forced to move one wrath or starfire away from getting back into an eclipse again is unreal. So annoying X_X

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So you don't totally love it when a warrior just charge+blade storms you for more than half your life? And regardless of the fact you might use your trinket and your snare/root break, you are still slowed while trying to run away and still eating the blade storm?

I tell all the warriors that PVP in my guild that all they do is charge + BS. And it's true. Charge is why they've been a top pvp class since vanilla. It's ridiculous.

Edit: Was listening to one of the officers talking about sticking with a core group to push through SoO Heroics to kill Garrosh instead of subbing people like they were doing. If they do that, I swear to God I'm stopping before WoD. I'm tired of finding guilds that let me raid and then suddenly halt everything and punish me for not raiding all along.

It's odd... I love pets but I'm not the biggest fan of pet battles. I like doing other things in order to collect them. I'm just kinda blah about battling them (and I like Pokémon too so I dunno what's wrong with me).

That said, I finally fished up the red carp yesterday. I doubt he's the rarest in game anymore since that infographic but it was still nice to snag him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This shit though
Requires Serpent Stance
When you are stunned, you phase out of existence temporarily causing all melee, ranged and spell attacks to miss you for 2.50 sec. This effect has a 10 sec cooldown.

This is proof Blizzard still has major issues with balance.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Think I'm finally going to buy a Naga. Too many buttons to be hitting as a Shaman on just a 4 button mouse.

I had a Naga. It's pretty comfy and all, but I am not a fan at all of Razer's products anymore. Extremely low life span on the products I've had of theirs (Naga, Carachias, and Black Widow).

I currently use a Logitech G600.

Welp, just read that Garrosh Heirlooms stop dropping once 6.0 hits.

So I guess if you still need 'em, better get on it!

The way that I am interpreting it, is that they will stop dropping when WoD actually launches... not 6.0.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Uhm, yeah, melee classes have things to stick to their targets so they can, you know, attack people.

Shamans just windwalk + ghost wolf.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Uhm, yeah, melee classes have things to stick to their targets so they can, you know, attack people.

Ghost wolf is shit. Even the best PVPers know that Enhancement has zero closers. Ghost wolf is one of the worst in the speed increases whole game at 90.

ampere

I've had my Naga for 3 years and Blackwidow for 2 and they still work well. I have heard of people having issues, but not sure if it's much higher than normal failure rate of electronics.

I do love the Naga... would probably buy another if it broke lol

I had a Naga. It's pretty comfy and all, but I am not a fan at all of Razer's products anymore. Extremely low life span on the products I've had of theirs (Naga, Carachias, and Black Widow).

I currently use a Logitech G600.

The way that I am interpreting it, is that they will stop dropping when WoD actually launches... not 6.0.

Blizz said awhile ago that they're gonna rework SoO to work like raids will in WoD so I'm pretty sure they'll stop dropping in 6.0.

daedalius

Wow I'm an idiot, I didn't realize it was immunity. Do you realize how many bladestorms I could have lol'd out of in arena this week!? That's a lot better than frozen power...

(I just started playing again after a pretty size-able break)

StayDead

I'm farming mr smite in vale now and killed him once last night myself while seeing his body about 10 times.

This is gonna take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom