• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

I'm trying to figure out what classes I want to play in WoD, debating resubbing to do CMs on Priest (healing) and Paladin (tanking). I've never played Priest much, and it seems like a great way to have a new take on healing in the expac since there are two specs to enjoy. Also really like the sound of some of the Shadow talents. I've played Shaman/Druid healers a lot, didn't like Monk healing, and I've done very little Priest/Paladin healing.

Tanking, done a lot on all classes, but never endgame content with Paladin. Draenei Prot Paladin would fit really well for the theme of WoD, but Dwarves look really awesome. Maybe Draenei Pally, Dwarf Priest.

HMMMMMM.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Childrens' Week reminds me. I hope the rocket highway is in WoD since there's no flying. Best part of Azshara.

Gonna be nice riding boats and shit again too.

Childrens' Week reminds me. I hope the rocket highway is in WoD since there's no flying. Best part of Azshara.

Gonna be nice riding boats and shit again too.

There's a rocket highway in Azshara? As Alliance, I don't think I've been there since the Cata redesign...is it worth checking out?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wow, Blizzard couldn't be bothered to do Pandaren Orphans even though they have models for Pandaren children?

Why give pets as quest rewards when you can sell them on the store, I guess. That's hugely disappointing.

Wow, Blizzard couldn't be bothered to do Pandaren Orphans even though they have models for Pandaren children?

Why give pets as quest rewards when you can sell them on the store, I guess. That's hugely disappointing.

They haven't updated any holidays since what, like 2012? It's definitely disappointing.

Berordn

They haven't updated any holidays since what, like 2012? It's definitely disappointing.

I still love how the Pandaren showed up at Brewfest 2012 teasing how they would have to partcipate next time.

Brewfest 2013 rolls around and the only change is two vanity items.

Thanks, Blizzard!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And here's another bitch thing.

My Magma totem literally does 2,400 dps as Enhance. Besides PVP, what is even the point? It's not worth the GCD. And Searing totem does 6,500 dps. Out of the 300k I do non-bursting.

What is even the point of me having those. So I can have an arbitrary thing to drop to give me my procs? Just fucking remove totems from enhancement. They're useless beyond tremors, and they're taking away Healing tide and Stormlash. How about a non-pet familiar that just follows me around instead of a totem that gives me the procs that I DONT have to resummon every minute. If you're a Pandaren, it could look like the little Elemental guys from Pandaria. If you're a Troll, it can look like one of the voodoo fetishes. Orcs could have the vanilla elemental models, Draenei would have little mini a'dals in different colors, etc etc.

StMeph

How about a non-pet familiar that just follows me around instead of a totem that gives me the procs that I DONT have to resummon every minute. If you're a Pandaren, it could look like the little Elemental guys from Pandaria. If you're a Troll, it can look like one of the voodoo fetishes. Orcs could have the vanilla elemental models, Draenei would have little mini a'dals in different colors, etc etc.

I actually really like this idea.

But I believe the word you're looking for is windchime.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wonder when we're going to fight N'zoth. I know some people hate 'Old Gods were behind it all,' but that's some of my favorite lore in the whole game. Them, Gul'dan and Cho'gall are awesome because they're one of the few lore characters that are just inherently evil instead of 'fallen from grace'

And it makes for amazing locations
ulduar_66.jpg

Berordn

Wonder when we're going to fight N'zoth. I know some people hate 'Old Gods were behind it all,' but that's some of my favorite lore in the whole game. Them, Gul'dan and Cho'gall are awesome because they're one of the few lore characters that are just inherently evil instead of 'fallen from grace'

We're going to be waiting until that Emerald Dream instance finally sees the light of day I bet.

Which apparently was being updated all the way up to MoP, so... maybe soon?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Wow I'm an idiot, I didn't realize it was immunity. Do you realize how many bladestorms I could have lol'd out of in arena this week!? That's a lot better than frozen power...

(I just started playing again after a pretty size-able break)

I think for the most part until you start getting into the bleeding edge of arenas, these past 3-4 seasons have felt the most balanced, if not every spec being viable then a LOT of comps and classes being viable.

Besides the outlier 2-3 comps that just roofle all over everyone for a week or two until someone finds out the weakness, there's no one class (besides hunter) that can really destroy another if you know what you're doing and spec'd right.

Its just the culture of pvp players to always look at the comps the higher rated guys play and just sort of admit defeat without even playing. Some comps may have an edge, but you're just as likely to win against them as you are lose against a comp your team beats too, it's always up to player skill and knowing what the other team is gonna do before they do it.

Salamando

And it makes for amazing locations

Going after N'Zoth makes too much sense. It's respsonsible for turning Deathwing insane, it's responsible for part of the Emerald Dream's nightmare, and is speculated to be controlling Aszhara and the Naga.

Instead we get orcs.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

It depends on what you define as updating. I haven't bothered doing any holidays after WotLK since that was the last big overhaul.

They add and change the drops to make it relevant, it isn't dropping level 80 gear anymore, but for the most part all the holidays are stuck in 2008 as far as quests and things to do are concerned.

Cataclysm re-did some Halloween locations in Undercity and some Wickerman stuff outside Stormwind iirc.
Going after N'Zoth makes too much sense. It's respsonsible for turning Deathwing insane, it's responsible for part of the Emerald Dream's nightmare, and is speculated to be controlling Aszhara and the Naga.

Instead we get orcs.

That's gameplay dictating story at this point. They're trying to make Burning Crusade 2 to bring back subscribers and tickle the nostalgia in everyones brains to get them revitalized.

Also; the speculation is that C'thun and Yogg aren't actually dead, just physical bodies destroyed or some such nonsense. Considering there was no huge repercussions like the Sha in Silithis or Northrend, those guys are just as big a threat as N'zoth.

C'thun was sort of a big deal in Vanilla, but Yogg'saron didn't feel like a very big thread compared to the Lich King. I can't help but feeling thematically that a bunch of guys that the Titans repeatedly take care of over and over again can't really be as big a threat as the guy (Sargeras) who actually bitch-slapped them into prison.

I wouldn't be surprised if the expansion after WoD is another continent on Draenor. I don't really know where they could stick continents on Azeroth anymore, besides in the middle...underwater.. *shudder*

Berordn

It depends on what you define as updating. I haven't bothered doing any holidays after WotLK since that was the last big overhaul.

They add and change the drops to make it relevant, it isn't dropping level 80 gear anymore, but for the most part all the holidays are stuck in 2008 as far as quests and things to do are concerned.

Cataclysm re-did some Halloween locations in Undercity and some Wickerman stuff outside Stormwind iirc.

They did some changes after Wrath. The old world portion of Children's Week was totally revamped in Cata, and Darkmoon Faire got completely overhauled if you want to count that. Hallow's End changed a lot with the quests and the Gilneans adding their own flair but the real draw was always the Headless Horseman so it wasn't that drastic.

Besides that, nothing.

Berordn

Well, the Old Gods can't be dead. We just pushed them back. The Old Gods have to exist or Azeroth goes boom.

Is this still accurate with Y'sharrj? They did their best to make it sound like he was dead and the Sha were just the shambling remains of his corpse, but then there was the whole ordeal with his heart.

But the quest after beating Garrosh makes it sound like it actually is dead, for reals now.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Well, the Old Gods can't be dead. We just pushed them back. The Old Gods have to exist or Azeroth goes boom.

Having a bad guy that literally can't be killed is piss-poor fiction even Metzen wouldn't do. It's just an explanation for why they're still there after the omnipotent god-race of Titans "organized" the planet.

The races of Azeroth can kill them, the Titans can't.

When of if that'll ever happen, probably sometime around the 15th expansion at this rate =p.

Salamando

Also; the speculation is that C'thun and Yogg aren't actually dead, just physical bodies destroyed or some such nonsense. Considering there was no huge repercussions like the Sha in Silithis or Northrend, those guys are just as big a threat as N'zoth.

I wouldn't be surprised if the expansion after WoD is another continent on Draenor. I don't really know where they could stick continents on Azeroth anymore, besides in the middle...underwater.. *shudder*

I think at worst, Yoggy and C'Thun are just inactive. Not a current threat, but could become one if story needed them to be. If the WoW comics are remotely viable lore, C'Thun was a "corpse" and needed to be "resurrected". Don't know if that means he's actually dead and the resurrection was necessary, or if he was just hibernating and it'd speed things up.

Really hoping we don't spend too much time on Draenor. They created the means to visit any number of "what-if" universes. Be a shame to stick to just Orcs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish they'd make Shadow Priests more old god-y aesthetically. They've tried to push it on both Warlocks and Shadow Priests, but I really think the Shadows are closer especially with how things like the Shadowfiend look.

Imagine if they could replace your shackles with tentacles

Salamando

I wish they'd make Shadow Priests more old god-y aesthetically. They've tried to push it on both Warlocks and Shadow Priests, but I really think the Shadows are closer especially with how things like the Shadowfiend look.

Imagine if they could replace your shackles with tentacles

We already have Void Tendrils (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=108920). We can also turn our Shadowfiend's into Sha, and Mind Flay is very much an old god themed skill. I certainly wouldn't mind more though.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I think at worst, Yoggy and C'Thun are just inactive. Not a current threat, but could become one if story needed them to be. If the WoW comics are remotely viable lore, C'Thun was a "corpse" and needed to be "resurrected". Don't know if that means he's actually dead and the resurrection was necessary, or if he was just hibernating and it'd speed things up.

Really hoping we don't spend too much time on Draenor. They created the means to visit any number of "what-if" universes. Be a shame to stick to just Orcs.

That's been around forever though, the portals have always been to other dimensions/worlds and shit.

I don't think the WoW comics are canon at all either, it's all pretty much crap except for the stuff actually in the game.

Med'an was terrible. Dear god.

mclem

Well, we already have Nomi. Although a Li Li orphan would be nice.

Berordn

I don't think the WoW comics are canon at all either, it's all pretty much crap except for the stuff actually in the game.

Med'an was terrible. Dear god.

The comics are canon until directly contradicted in the games, I think. Garona's story in Twilight Highlands is directly connected to one of the arcs in the comic.

Thankfully they're being careful about what they introduce into the games, so Med'an is probably never going to see the light of day.

Ultratech

Goddamn I hate School of Hard Knocks.

Such a pain in the ass achievement, but I've got 3/4 of the requirements done, just gotta get that flag in Eye of the Storm...

That's about how I've understood it.

C'Thun was "supposedly" killed a long time ago by the Titans, but then he pops up a long time later in Ahn'Qiraj.

But yeah, they're effectively unkillable since if you did somehow managed to do it, it'd annihilate the world or you'd have another mess like Y'Shaarj and the Sha.

Kinda crappy when you think about it.

ampere

Me'dan is basically superman in a world without cryptonite. If they introduce him into WoW he'd have to be way backing off or changed significantly.

However, I'd love to see more of Medivh.

So, how long does the level 90 boost take to apply to a character? I used it on a 60 Shaman, been waiting about 5-7 min for it and I can't tell how long it's going to take.

Fjordson

Finally get a second 561 trinket and it's Sigil of Rampage which sucks ass for hunters :lol actually a DPS loss compared to my 548 trinket from Siegecrafter.

Robin64

Guess they realised people don't really like Medan.

Mike Regan ‏@MikeRegan31 ·Jan 11
@ChrisMetzen this is on a thread, in cata, was the role Thrall took on originally meant for Med'an? some feel it was more aimed at him.

Chris Metzen ‏@ChrisMetzen ·Jan 11
@MikeRegan31 nope. Medan was meant for something else. Obviously, we've pulled back on him a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom