• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Haters gonna hate. 20k computers hooked up (Dreamhack), WoW doing great.

A4QNLfy.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
I haven't had any urge to play WoW in over a year and a half. Then I come home for Thanksgiving and see my brother playing. Now I want to.

But I don't. But I do.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Testosteron and hormones

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Maybe they're doing some sort of weird maintenance on the store or something? I was going to order a new authenticator this morning, but it would appear that those have totally disappeared also.

After reading some old posts on the Wow forums, it seems they're just out of stock or something... its weird that they would delete it from the website instead of just writing this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know with all the 'ease of use' things they keep doing to WoW, you'd think they'd make Flight Paths not horribly drawn out and quicker.

Demy

Heya, WoWGAF.

I just got done with my first month of FFXIV and all I could think the entire time was, "Man, I miss playing my priest on WoW."

Was wondering if someone wouldn't mind sending me a Scroll so I could taste the Azeroth air once more.

mclem

Heya, WoWGAF.

I just got done with my first month of FFXIV and all I could think the entire time was, "Man, I miss playing my priest on WoW."

Was wondering if someone wouldn't mind sending me a Scroll so I could taste the Azeroth air once more.
If you want an EU one, PM me.

CassSept

Yoshi, how many orcs per square meter are there in Horde opening questlines?

At the time I believe the Talisman went to a Noktyn in Nurfed, a guild that had numerous Blizzard devs in it. Indalamar - Nurfed's leader - was a Blizzard dev or longtime WoW tester, I don't remember which.

Oh didn't know Indalamar was GM of the guild that got the Talisman. I don't think he was a dev, but he was an avid beta tester. He is the man behind this famous video (which precedes my times, but iirc in short: everyone cried warriors are terribly underpowered, Indalamar said they are totally op, he got called out, made a video to prove how much of a noob everybody including devs was, caused a massive nerfhammer to warriors back in beta). Also became a namesake behind several Ramaladni /.../ items, I think these were some of the first items named after community members.

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

THIS GAME

THIS GAAAAAME HOLY SHIT

THEY'VE PULLED ME BACK IN

Yoshichan

18 minutes left of my time

Gotta take more sneaky pictures!!!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Made the best out of a bad situation(having to use a polearm on my DK) and transmogd it into a Grim Scythe.

Looks shockingly badass for a green item

Yoshichan

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I STAYED IN THE BOOTH UNTIL THEY KICKED ME OUT T_T

So much fucking shit I didn't take pics of... FUCK

Yoshichan

Gonna buy a wig and stand in the WoD line again :3333333

Das Ace

gawd damn, Shield Slam hits like a truck at low levels.

All the classes are kind of broken till Cata content at the least. I soloed deadmines yesterday at level 15 on my Lock. Expect to be at the top of the DPS meter as a tank for a while.

Bisnic

Hope this dwarf beard is just a placeholder, it just looks as blocky and low res as it is right now.

Magnus

So, with these ridiculous base game prices ($5 for WoW, $10 for Pandaria) I think I simply have to upgrade a couple of my old alt accounts that I used for RAF - when WoD hits, a $40 purchase plus server transfer fee will result in a free 90 for less than $80 total. That's so fucking worth it for me, lol.

My account expired in January this year. Is there a resurrection scroll or something similar so I can jump in and take a look around before re subbing?

So connected realms aren't going to solve faction imbalances?

This makes 1/2 my characters unplayable. Nothing more ironic than a full server with a dead auction house.

Slayerx

So connected realms aren't going to solve faction imbalances?

This makes 1/2 my characters unplayable. Nothing more ironic than a full server with a dead auction house.
Well they aren't lying when they say that its impossible to balance, PvP servers are heavily horde favoured while PvE are alliance dominated and they are not going to merge PvE and PvP realms.

Shahadan

Wait what?

1) Buy green/blues form the AH
2) swim to the isle
3) get a good buff from the sanctuaries and kill shit near Old Piju (mostly packs of worms)
4) 20-25k xp per mob
5) success

It depends of the class, but some can go as soon as 85/86. On others it requires a bit more skill but it's doable.87 may be the sweet spot for some classes/specializations

It's repetitive but it's fast as hell, especially if you're well rested. Got 2 or 3% of my xp bar for each pack of worms killed.

Well they aren't lying when they say that its impossible to balance, PvP servers are heavily horde favoured while PvE are alliance dominated and they are not going to merge PvE and PvP realms.

So their solution is to do nothing?

The two servers I used to play alliance on are literally dead, no auction house or anything. There's no warning for any one new that's going to roll there, and there's no efforts insofar (I want to say it's been since cata that they've been in steep decline) to give people incentives to roll the underpopulated faction.

Can they atleast funnel all the players of the dead faction server to one server so we can have one pvp server with a decent pop balance instead of 10 with terrible pop balance?

Fjordson

I think I'm on one of the few that is opposite. Sargeras is PvP, but it's one of the biggest alliance servers around. Literally like 85% alliance at least.

Bisnic

I already have WoW but the last expansion that I bought was WotLK. Will it just give me Cat for free?

You cannot buy Cataclysm seperately anymore. You have to buy the battle chest, which includes all expansions except MoP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom