• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So pretty much no change of a sale on race changes then, eh? I know they did it last year. Was thinking about taking my DK to Alliance

Repgnar

My brother bought me the base game and MoP during the Black Friday sale and told me today that he recruit a friended the account and is going to level me up a rogue for when I get back to visit my family for Christmas. Looking forward to it because I'll be able to stay in touch with him playing the game and I haven't played in a while. He said he's going to get close to 85 by the end of next weekend. Is it really that fast?

My brother bought me the base game and MoP during the Black Friday sale and told me today that he recruit a friended the account and is going to level me up a rogue for when I get back to visit my family for Christmas. Looking forward to it because I'll be able to stay in touch with him playing the game and I haven't played in a while. He said he's going to get close to 85 by the end of next weekend. Is it really that fast?

The triple xp is almost stupidly ridiculous.

TheYanger

I have done Raf several times over the past 3 or 4 years. All it takes are some BoAs (Which you can get 25% xp fromj ust from a guild vendor, no need for justice for those three) and making sure to have a tank and ideally a healer, but just the tank is fine, in your group.
Getting to 15 is the longest part, I've done 1-80 in a single day with RAF. 1-60 then 60-85 is probably more reasonable though, two long afternoons.

Example of how stupid RaF is: Soon as you hit 15, you queue and get Ragefire chasm. Just the quests and bonus xp from that zone willg et you to 21 or 22 depending on how many BoA's you have. It's that silly. Up to 60, every instance gives you AT LEAST two levels. Ones with lots of quests give more. Only in Wrath does it slow down, and by slow down I mean the random queue bonus is insignificant and each dungeon will only give you 1 or 2 levels :( It's pretty heartbreaking.

Enosh

slowly getting there with those CMs gold
2/9 now
doesn't help that I'm doing it on my paladin which I didn't play much since 5.4 while my main is my DK but pala CM set>>>>everything else

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I have done Raf several times over the past 3 or 4 years. All it takes are some BoAs (Which you can get 25% xp fromj ust from a guild vendor, no need for justice for those three) and making sure to have a tank and ideally a healer, but just the tank is fine, in your group.
Getting to 15 is the longest part, I've done 1-80 in a single day with RAF. 1-60 then 60-85 is probably more reasonable though, two long afternoons.

Example of how stupid RaF is: Soon as you hit 15, you queue and get Ragefire chasm. Just the quests and bonus xp from that zone willg et you to 21 or 22 depending on how many BoA's you have. It's that silly. Up to 60, every instance gives you AT LEAST two levels. Ones with lots of quests give more. Only in Wrath does it slow down, and by slow down I mean the random queue bonus is insignificant and each dungeon will only give you 1 or 2 levels :( It's pretty heartbreaking.

At least you're getting a level. I just did Violet Hold with a full set of BOAs, no RAF, no rested xp, and only got 4 bars of XP with its 1 quest.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So how exactly am I supposed to get better at the PVP when I buy the crafted pvp set and can't do put a dent in leather as a DK but I get sliced up like cheese?

TheYanger

The crafted pvp set is too low level, even the current version. You're honestly better off with real gear, in BGs you get scaled down to 496 and the current tier of crafted is 20 ilevels below that. It's dumb. You can get pve gear higher than 496 easily on the isle or raid finder or whatever, the only piece that is really at a disadvantage to being PvE in many situations is the weapon, so buy that first with honor. Obviously pvp gear IS better, but the 476 crafted shit is just that, shit.

Ultratech

For some added hilarity yesterday, I decided to go on a rampage on the Timeless Isle with the Censer on hopes of getting Bloody Coins.

Frankly, I did REALLY well. (Mostly, because I'm opportunistic and an asshole.)
Messed around with doing that for about an hour and got like 30 Coins, while pissing off 3/4 of the people on the Isle.

Ended up teaming up with a Bear Druid towards the end, and we were just racking up kills.
(It did get funny at points where 2-3 people would try and gang up on us only to lose.)

Shahadan

So I tried to level on Timeless Isle. It's insane xp but I just can't stay alive. Not sure if worth.

Depends of your class or gear.
My lvl 86 elemental chaman with the Chi'ji buff killed a pack of worms with lightning chain in a few seconds for more than 200k xp each time. Crane mobs too.

My frost mage kitted mobs easily. My warrior tank had problems at first. I'd probably not give a shot as a priest.

If you're going for the worms, use a strategy to avoid the poison at all costs. For cranes it's a bit more difficult.
Otherwise wait a bit. At least at lvl 88 you shouldn't have problems anyway if you're geared with blues and in one hour or so you'll be 90.

You can also team up with another player. It'll be easier and should compensate the loss of xp.

Kuntz

Just bought White Hawkstrider (Magister's Terrace mount) and T3 spaulders (last piece I needed for full transmog) from BMAH, 20h + 10k.

Thank you black market !

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Think I'm respeccing to Frost. I'm not Orc anymore, so I don't have command, and I swear the fucker pulls everything on the planet even if he's not supposed to. And he keeps getting in the way of my mouse.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yep, I am bursty as fuck now. Doing WAY more damage. Only downside is I keep pulling non-red mobs due to all that AOE.

Wow, just did a heroic Scarlet with a boomkin, destro lock, shaman healer, monk tank and my frost dk. Killed Fireweaver in 20 seconds. Killed armsmaster before he could even call for help

Touchdown

Banned
So I tried to level on Timeless Isle. It's insane xp but I just can't stay alive. Not sure if worth.

What class are you? If it's possible just go tank spec. :p I'm a druid and usually go bear form when I cross over there farming my lesser coins.

Touch

What class are you? If it's possible just go tank spec. :p I'm a druid and usually go bear form when I cross over there farming my lesser coins.
I am trying it on my Warrior in arms spec. Only level 86 though not the best of gear. I had issues with prot spec as well. I think I either need a level or two higher or better gear.

Khezu

I started an alliance character since it's been years and years since I have played one.

Man, I didn't realize how imbalanced my server was in favor of the horde, the entire alliance side seems pretty dead, and the AH is a wasteland.

strafer

I started an alliance character since it's been years and years since I have played one.

Man, I didn't realize how imbalanced my server was in favor of the horde, the entire alliance side seems pretty dead, and the AH is a wasteland.

Yeah, I created one on Draenor EU, holy shit. It's so empty.

Touchdown

Banned
I am trying it on my Warrior in arms spec. Only level 86 though not the best of gear. I had issues with prot spec as well. I think I either need a level or two higher or better gear.

OOOOOOH lvl 86 got ya. XD Yeah that would probably be rough goings.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The crafted set IS garbage for PVP. But man is it bad as shit looking.
DHzowTe.jpg

I have trouble with Timeless on my 90 warrior.

Tarazet

I've been healing on my Paladin in SoO LFR with no less than six blue pieces of gear. 480 ilvl in Holy spec, using Ret pieces to meet the minimum requirement. But they're all fully enchanted, gemmed and reforged! Even so, it almost got me kicked, until I pointed out that I was dispelling more than anyone else. Then they let it slide..

Even with 9k spirit, though, I am pretty much always out of mana. It's ridiculous.

Bisnic

I've been healing on my Paladin in SoO LFR with no less than six blue pieces of gear. 480 ilvl in Holy spec, using Ret pieces to meet the minimum requirement. But they're all fully enchanted, gemmed and reforged! Even so, it almost got me kicked, until I pointed out that I was dispelling more than anyone else. Then they let it slide..

Even with 9k spirit, though, I am pretty much always out of mana. It's ridiculous.

My holy paladin in 531 item lvl have 10260 spirit, and i never get close of running out of mana in LFR. In fact, its almost always above 250k. Not sure what you're doing wrong. You shouldnt be spamming Flash of Light and Holy Radiance all the time if that's what you're doing.

Also, i found out that the Selfless Healer talent is pretty great. After 3 Judgments, my Holy Radiance, Flash of Light and Divine Light are instant, free of mana and heal a lot more.

Tarazet

My holy paladin in 531 item lvl have 10260 spirit, and i never get close of running out of mana in LFR. In fact, its almost always above 250k. Not sure what you're doing wrong. You shouldnt be spamming Flash of Light and Holy Radiance all the time if that's what you're doing.

Also, i found out that the Selfless Healer talent is pretty great. After 3 Judgments, my Holy Radiance, Flash of Light and Divine Light are instant, free of mana and heal a lot more.

Do you have the legendary meta? It seems like most of my mana goes into the dispels, they're expensive. I do use Holy Radiance when I get a proc and the raid needs it, which is pretty much always the case in the first couple of wings of SoO. Then follow it up with a Holy Shock on the same target.

I do tend to overheal a lot, since I'm used to the older style of Paladin healing that just chain-casts Holy Light to depend on Illuminated Healing for the absorbs. If I look at Icy-Veins now, they are recommending some very strange things, like using Crusader Strike on the boss. I don't know if I could be comfortable doing that, I'm not a Monk..

Bisnic

Do you have the legendary meta? It seems like most of my mana goes into the dispels, they're expensive. I do use Holy Radiance when I get a proc and the raid needs it, which is pretty much always the case in the first couple of wings of SoO. Then follow it up with a Holy Shock on the same target.

I do tend to overheal a lot, since I'm used to the older style of Paladin healing that just chain-casts Holy Light to depend on Illuminated Healing for the absorbs. If I look at Icy-Veins now, they are recommending some very strange things, like using Crusader Strike on the boss. I don't know if I could be comfortable doing that, I'm not a Monk..

I do have the meta, but i find that i rarely had mana issues even before i got it. But yeah... i dont overheal at all and don't dispel that much to be honest. Still doesnt stop me to be near the top of healing meters in LFR.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Item level 500 get!

Now I just have to grind timeless isle coins for two pandaren peace offerings. And my expertise is below cap again :|

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Should I just leave Timeless after one hour a day or something? Drops get so poor after the first two or three rares you kill

Anyone with a scroll of resurrection? Account expired in January... wanting to try it out again before I resub.

Also, have the human models been released yet?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Anyone with a scroll of resurrection? Account expired in January... wanting to try it out again before I resub.

Also, have the human models been released yet?

US? If so then imma need your email.

Human models are up on the WoD site. No female human yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom