• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

So my main guild died and I am still for a challenge armor stuff but all the groups I am meeting wants me to pay them 99k for the ride.......

So Can I request help from WoW Gaf or something?
Are you US-WoW? What class/spec and how's your general skill level? I might do CMs again soon

Ultratech

Got this the other day, but forgot to mention it:
W57JvwF.jpg

What a long, strange trip it's been indeed...

PatDH

Oh yeah, had a funny noob moment yesterday aswell. Before I got into the good normal group I was in a different group.. & since that was my first normal group I didn't know you had to go to the instance entrance manually. I was surprised they didn't boot me lol.

ampere

Ragnaros server, I often see dudes from the US playing with so I dont know, Frost mage 544ilvl with cape and stuff, kinda get lost in my rotation to be honest.
Yea you are US Servers then. North America, South and Central all play on the same servers.

Horde or Alliance? I'll let you know if I get a chance to play soon, I would recommend you YouTube some CM gold run videos and maybe google frost mage tips. There's also groups forming on openraid if you get a chance to check that out.
Woo, world event!
soon pl0x

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So, next added race pretty much has to be Ogres. There's no other race that fits in more. And Blizzard can't NOT add a race in the next expansion since it's pretty much expected. I just wonder who they would give to the Alliance because they can't get away with the bullshit neutral race again. And I very much doubt them adding a new class for a long time.

ampere

So, next added race pretty much has to be Ogres. There's no other race that fits in more. And Blizzard can't NOT add a race in the next expansion since it's pretty much expected. I just wonder who they would give to the Alliance because they can't get away with the bullshit neutral race again. And I very much doubt them adding a new class for a long time.

Both Ogres and Naga, I feel like they'd be great fits. Only problem is... the models aren't so fitting for player armor and the like. Ogres could probably be modified more easily to work, not sure Naga would ever be feasible. I think they've mentioned wanting to make Ogres work before, I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Ogre mage... yeah!

Is there a site were one can see which title, mount and such are the rarest these days?

YMMV, it's 3rd party data but Guildox has some stats.

Mounts: http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=30
Titles: http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=33

I guess by that data Proven Defender is my rarest title and Big Love Rocket is my rarest mount.

Berordn

Both Ogres and Naga, I feel like they'd be great fits. Only problem is... the models aren't so fitting for player armor and the like. Ogres could probably be modified more easily to work, not sure Naga would ever be feasible. I think they've mentioned wanting to make Ogres work before, I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Ogre mage... yeah!

The current Naga models actually have an attach point for pants that turns them into a sock. Boots aren't visible, but we went years without them on Tauren, Trolls, Draenei and Worgen, so it's not that big a stretch.

I don't think they're likely (or even have anything resembling a chance), but there's a lot of ways they could make gear work, especially if they're making a new model for them.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Next xpac is new class, especially since people are going to bitch about shamans and hunters getting all the gear this next expac with the way gear works now.

Ogres aren't happening. If they were gonna happen, it would've been this expac. They're way too big.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'If Ogres were going to happen, it would have been Burning Crusade,' 'if Ogres were going to happen, it would have been Cataclysm.'

They're not going to add them in WoD because they're redoing every vanilla/BC race already. If anything, WoD would give them an excuse to start to lore in a race of intelligent Ogres to join the horde in the following expansion. They're not going to do classes for a long time because it's too much balancing bullshit as opposed to just balancing racials.

mclem

YMMV, it's 3rd party data but Guildox has some stats.

Mounts: http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=30
Titles: http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=33

I guess by that data Proven Defender is my rarest title and Big Love Rocket is my rarest mount.

I ought to give Proven Defender a go sometime, the only problem is the boredom of the early waves. My rarest is Champion of Ulduar, which I don't think is too bad as a 2% rate. As for mounts, thanks to a quirk of timing I guess I get to claim on the original Brewfest Ram. Although I've participated in getting the Swift Alliance Steed, I didn't win it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
'If Ogres were going to happen, it would have been Burning Crusade,' 'if Ogres were going to happen, it would have been Cataclysm.'

They're not going to add them in WoD because they're redoing every vanilla/BC race already. If anything, WoD would give them an excuse to start to lore in a race of intelligent Ogres to join the horde in the following expansion. They're not going to do classes for a long time because it's too much balancing bullshit as opposed to just balancing racials.

Like Ogri'la? It's not happening. There are no females. It's Race -> Class -> Race.

There aren't even any females ogres in WoD, they don't use a race big in the last expansion as a selling point for a new one. They'll introduce a new class to wear mail and balance it out so its 3 a piece.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Rarest mount: Crusader's black/white warhorse
Rarest title: Argent Defender? really? :(

I'm betting people were more worried about getting the mount and no one dying than the title at the time.

It also may only track people who are using the title at the time, so people who are that good will probably have something else like Death's Demise up or something more recent.

Also;
warsongNPCSet.jpg
Orc master race.

Playing some lvl 70-79 BG spawn kiling is still a thing

That server is known for being full of poopy players, I'd xfer off asap.

I met some good people there but lots of narcissism people.

Yea you are US Servers then. North America, South and Central all play on the same servers.

Horde or Alliance? I'll let you know if I get a chance to play soon, I would recommend you YouTube some CM gold run videos and maybe google frost mage tips. There's also groups forming on openraid if you get a chance to check that out.

soon pl0x

Horde player here.

Acidote

My rarest title is "Obsidian Slayer".
My rarest mount is "Invincible" followed by Experiment 12-B.

Changing subject, my guild has fallen apart, or is about to. We haven't raided for two weeks with the exception of two single days because we don't have enough players after two more people left exhausted with the current content and there's no people willing to join.

We were so close despite all the difficulties we have faced, 12/14HM.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
My rarest title is "Obsidian Slayer".
My rarest mount is "Invincible" followed by Experiment 12-B.

Changing subject, my guild has fallen apart, or is about to. We haven't raided for two weeks with the exception of two single days because we don't have enough players after two more people left exhausted with the current content and there's no people willing to join.

We were so close despite all the difficulties we have faced, 12/14HM.

The problems that most guilds get right around now is they don't want to invest in new players. You can't blame them, but you also can't say they don't ask for it when they only want people who can jump in and be current with their gear right away.

Very few people with gear good enough to jump into heroic modes will be looking for a new group.

My guild did the same thing, that's why we fell apart.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The problems that most guilds get right around now is they don't want to invest in new players. You can't blame them, but you also can't say they don't ask for it when they only want people who can jump in and be current with their gear right away.

Very few people with gear good enough to jump into heroic modes will be looking for a new group.

That's what my guilds currently doing with my Enhance. Which is nice, but it doesn't help when some of the 'regular' raiders that are carrying are fucking up. I think this guild could easily be 14/14H, but there's a few people who need to get either told that they're messing up so they can be improved. Or pruned.

CassSept

My rarest title is Conqueror of Ulduar and I'm honestly surprised. Especially that it's rarer than Immortal.

Rarest mount is Brewfest Ram, hah. I don't think I'll ever go back to hc raiding so it either will stay that way forever or I'll get one of the stupid random ones from world bosses.

The Endless Damage proving ground is no fucking joke. Got to about round 15 at best, but I easily screw up before that all the time and you're forced to restart.

Anyone here with a frost DK done challenge modes?

So after getting expertise capped should I reforge all the hit stats on my items to Mastery? I'm dual wielding frost btw

There's a Reins of Poseidus up for 100k on my server. Tempted since I feel like I could relist it for at least 150k if not 200k.

Would be a huge investment though.

Also in random news, got a Skymirror finally. So now I can join in on the fun parade there.

ampere

Horde player here.

Ah OK, most of my toons are alliance, but it's possible I'll try em on a horde toon.

Here are some good video guides to check out, by our own theyanger. They're probably a bit outdated since strategies have evolved a lot, but he gives a voice commentary which is still good to hear.

There's a Reins of Poseidus up for 100k on my server. Tempted since I feel like I could relist it for at least 150k if not 200k.

Would be a huge investment though.

I wanna say most people who were willing to drop big money would already have one, but maybe it could sell for a ton due to CRZ. Really hard to say.

Acidote

The thing is, we have been pretty much only asking for attendance. It is easy to gear someone up when you clean 12HM bosses in just two days and nobody else from the roster wants gear from those bosses. But it is also true that we're all getting tired of gearing up people for them to unsubscribe or gquit soon after. We're even clearing up to HM Nazgrim with 9 players, but there's a limit there, you can try that with easily farmable bosses, but of course we can't 9man harder bosses.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Rarest mount: Crusader's black/white warhorse
Rarest title: Argent Defender? really? :(

Very sad, I could've had the Naxx and Malygos ones (Conqueror of Naxxramas and The Magic Seeker) but I stopped raiding with the guild I was with. :\ Plus I think I would've been benched. Some fucking pug got Obsidian Slayer like .. an hour or so before we did :(

Rarest Mount: Swift Alliance Steed / Swift Horde Wolf
Rarest Title: (old) Lieutenant-General

Dawg

Very sad, I could've had the Naxx and Malygos ones (Conqueror of Naxxramas and The Magic Seeker) but I stopped raiding with the guild I was with. :\ Plus I think I would've been benched. Some fucking pug got Obsidian Slayer like .. an hour or so before we did :(

Rarest Mount: Swift Alliance Steed / Swift Horde Wolf
Rarest Title: (old) Lieutenant-General

I wish I wasn't such a scrub during Vanilla.

I passed on stuff like the Ashbringer and I could have bought those racial mounts that are unavailable now... but I didn't.

If only I knew.

StayDead

So I got taken for 2 bosses in the guild I'm ins alt run before we stopped on paragons and uh, I did worse than I was hoping to. Maybe it's my gear, maybe it's that I'm no good at DPS but I was struggling to do much DPS at all (still near 100k but nowhere near anyone else)

Hopefully in the long run this doesn't hold anything against me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm cool not having the Ashbringer because... y'know....

It's hideous. Only thing I regret not getting is a ZA bear, but that's the game of WoW. It makes it more fun when stuff goes away. Got me more motivated about getting my wolf and CM stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom