• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fishing is boring as hell.

You take that back!

:p

I usually do it while watching TV or otherwise doing something else since it's not mentally taxing. Put the cast button on my mouse as well and I can do it one-handed.

Just missing one daily now to become Salty ;_;

And I learned they recently changed (5.2) the previously insane requirements for Nat Pagle rep. Takes about a month or so now of 3 fish each day which are caught fairly quickly, rather than the absurd 60-90 days or whatever it was with horrible drop-rates.

Fjordson

220 Tol'vir solves, still no Qiraji mount.

I'm determined to get this fucking thing. About to turn in 400 restored artifacts.

220 Tol'vir solves, still no Qiraji mount.

I'm determined to get this fucking thing. About to turn in 400 restored artifacts.

I want it. But then I realize I could use the time to make gold. And remember how mind-numbing Archaeology is. Could work on Seeker of Knowledge title, but that draws the whole process out.

Fjordson

I want it. But then I realize I could use the time to make gold. And remember how mind-numbing Archaeology is. Could work on Seeker of Knowledge title, but that draws the whole process out.
Yeah, Archaeology is insanely boring. Just grinding out digsites over and over again... I'll be thankful when I'm finished with this mount. Already have the fossilized raptor mount so the Qiraji one is the only thing I still really want.

Ultratech

Mounts: http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=30
Titles: http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=33

I guess by that data Proven Defender is my rarest title and Big Love Rocket is my rarest mount.

Looks like my rarest Title is Herald of the Titans and rarest mount is...Brewfest Ram?
*hugs Ram*

Also, looks like Blizz decided to be nice about the Garrosh Heirlooms:

Blizzard said:
In addition to the above changes, when Patch 6.0 arrives:

Flexible Raid difficulty will cease to exist as it does now, and will be removed from the raid queue interface. The new Normal difficulty of Siege of Orgrimmar will offer a similar experience to that of Flexible Raid.
The new Group Finder tool will be available, designed to help players create and find groups for Normal and Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar and other cross-realm group content.
Siege of Orgrimmar achievements will be relabeled according to the new difficulty structure (e.g. “Heroic: Malkorok” will now be “Mythic: Malkorok”). Credit for these will be retroactively awarded to players who earned them before Patch 6.0.
The Garrosh Hellscream “Ahead of the Curve” and “Cutting Edge” Feats of Strength will cease to be obtainable.
This means that the Kor’kron War Wolf, awarded by the “Ahead of the Curve” Feat of Strength, will also cease to be obtainable upon release of the pre-expansion Patch 6.0.
With the release of Patch 6.0, the drop rate of the Heirloom weapons from Garrosh Hellscream on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties will be significantly increased.
Players who have yet to get any Heirlooms will have a 100% (guaranteed) chance of getting a spec-appropriate Heirloom when defeating Garrosh on Normal difficulty or higher.
The chance of receiving additional Heirlooms beyond the first will also be increased.

When Warlords of Draenor is released and players are able to head to Draenor and level past 90:

Garrosh Hellscream will no longer drop Heirloom weapons.
The Kor’kron Juggernaut mount will cease being a guaranteed drop from Mythic Garrosh Hellscream, and will instead become a rare drop (like Invincible’s Reins, Mimiron’s Head, etc.).

All other loot, achievements, and cosmetic rewards (e.g. the Kor’kron Dark Shaman transmog set, rare battle pets, etc.) will remain unchanged.

I'll have to hop back on killing Garrosh once 6.0 hits!

JSoup

Banned
Hmm. Normally I leave the non-lfr difficulties to people more dedicated than myself, but maybe looking up a normal run on openraid would be a good idea.

Okay so the talk about Archaeology got me going on it. Did 53 crates. Which is about 8 solves give or take.

No mount, but I did finally get a Vial of the Sands recipe!

Ima dragon bitches.

Tell me more, I am starting to do the fishing dailies

You get some extra rep if you turn in the daily rare fish to Nat Pagle. They come from fishing (preferably in pools) in saltwater (Mantis Shrimp, Reef Octopus), freshwater (most everything else), and sha-infested water. Sha-infested means where you'd catch Spinefish - easiest place to go is Inkgill Mere around Binan Village on the map in Kun-Lai.

Looks like my rarest Title is Herald of the Titans and rarest mount is...Brewfest Ram?
*hugs Ram*

Also, looks like Blizz decided to be nice about the Garrosh Heirlooms:

I'll have to hop back on killing Garrosh once 6.0 hits!

That probably means X.0 to expansion will be much longer than it normally is.

Edit: Didn't mean to double post.

PatDH

Woo! Got lucky with Runestones tonight & have now finished my cloak :)
Did Ordos for the first time. Double gold! Haha

Entropia

No One Remembers
Sooooooo, who's getting 'War Crimes'?

xeYDD7y.jpg

ampere

Sooooooo, who's getting 'War Crimes'?

Hmm the book looks really... not good based on that excerpt. Also, not a fan of the 'Garrosh escapes' storyline honestly... tired of him as a character.

Haven't read any of the Warcraft books yet, are any of them good?

Anyone know a faint idea of when 6.0 is? I really need to kill Garrosh on normal to get the wolf before I miss out ;-;

I'm predicting 6.0 hits after Blizzcon. So, November. : /

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hmm the book looks really... not good based on that excerpt. Also, not a fan of the 'Garrosh escapes' storyline honestly... tired of him as a character.

Haven't read any of the Warcraft books yet, are any of them good?

I've read a bit of Demon's Soul I think? It was OK.

I actually wanted to checkout the Vol'Jin novel that was put out, but just haven't got around to it. I wouldn't mind reading War Crimes either.

Anyone know a faint idea of when 6.0 is? I really need to kill Garrosh on normal to get the wolf before I miss out ;-;

No one knows for sure.

Another good idea would be to look at the timelines of other MMOs! ;) Blizzard likes to put out PTR/Betas/etc. that coincide with those. For example, this weekend is the Wildstar open beta and it launches in Mid June. Don't be surprised if Blizzard puts up a PTR or something around either of those dates. So conservatively... August or September.

2 Secrets out of all of Throne of Thunder this morning. That's pretty bad.

Consolation prize was a Primal Egg though, so I guess there's that.

But it definitely means it'll take another week since there's no way I get 7 Secrets from 8 bosses in SoO.

CassSept

First ActiBlizz, then Nintendo. Busy day.

Anyone wanna bet what the sub base at the end of March will be? How low below 7.5 will it go?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
First ActiBlizz, then Nintendo. Busy day.

Anyone wanna bet what the sub base at the end of March will be? How low below 7.5 will it go?
Nintendo's earnings release (for full FY 2013) ain't til tomorrow (with the investor meeting on May 8). Electronic Arts has its Q4 2014 Earnings Conference Call today however (02:00 p.m. PT).

Bizazedo

I've read a bit of Demon's Soul I think? It was OK.

I actually wanted to checkout the Vol'Jin novel that was put out, but just haven't got around to it. I wouldn't mind reading War Crimes either.
I'd argue that Vol'jin is the best book in awhile that they released. A LONG while. The reason being the author is actually, y'know, good.

I was curious about the latest one until I saw the author. Christie Golden.

World of Warcraft: Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, by Christie Golden. Garbage.
World of Warcraft: The Shattering: Book one of Cataclysm, by Christie Golden. Shit.
World of Warcraft: Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War. So, so bad.

Imho, and I realize it's just an opinion, they're all as close to being as objectively bad as a book can get. It's painful because Warhammer 40k, most of those books I'd recommend in a flash (barring a few...everyone has bad books). The old TSR books, most of them were pretty good.

I can't share these, I'd be ashamed.

I'd argue that Vol'jin is the best book in awhile that they released. A LONG while. The reason being the author is actually, y'know, good.

I was curious about the latest one until I saw the author. Christie Golden.

World of Warcraft: Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, by Christie Golden. Garbage.
World of Warcraft: The Shattering: Book one of Cataclysm, by Christie Golden. Shit.
World of Warcraft: Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War. So, so bad.

Imho, and I realize it's just an opinion, they're all as close to being as objectively bad as a book can get. It's painful because Warhammer 40k, most of those books I'd recommend in a flash (barring a few...everyone has bad books). The old TSR books, most of them were pretty good.

I can't share these, I'd be ashamed.

I'll read the book because I just like knowing the other stuff. I don't expect magic out of them though. They're like my version of a trashy novel that so happens to transfer to a world I enjoy playing in.

This not having new content thing is killing me though. I hop on and try to do stuff but my heart isn't in raiding, it isn't in leveling an alt, and it isn't in pet battles. My guild is pretty thin right now too so it's not like anything is going on there to help distract. *deep sigh*

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing that interesting, but I decided to try and see how War Paint (Shirt) NOT GOOD FOR THE LADIES (NYI) looked on the new female character models (those that are currently available anyway), in reference to an earlier look.

The image is blurred to avoid NSFW (not that it is anyway really, the models don't even have nipples), click it to see the original:

Why the orc still has her bra on I don't know, it might be on Wowhead's end though that wouldn't explain why the other models are freeboobing.

I'll return with a more extensive look once the beta is launched.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Man, I'm hitting like a truck with this

Also, that new Wowhead site design.

:/

Trying to justify the staff numbers they're carrying. Nobody cares about your articles, ZAM.

They basically merged their main site and their news site together.

Kind of disappointed with it. I go on Wowhead to search for items, quests, etc. not read their articles which are basically copy/pasted blue posts or other releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom