• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So anybody in here got a bunch of Shan'ze Ritual Stones sitting around that want to invite myself and Carbon along so we can kill them for achievements?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't know the plan yet, but I may get in contact with you. The title takes months to get anyways with key drops and all that, so I'm not exactly in a rush.

Bizazedo

Art in general will change for PvE and PvP epics--it will be like Burning Crusade, where PvE and PvP gear shared the same artwork but had different colors. LFR and Honor gear will now share one artwork, but different colors. Conquest gear and higher-level raiding gear share a different style of artwork, but different colors. And Mythic and top-level PvP gear will have some additional awesome bonus art.
Lazy bastages.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I miss when non-tier armor didn't look like the tier. Like Helm of Endless Rage. :(

It's not like it's a HUGE issue with Transmog. But I can kind of understand that they don't want to have to make extra armor visuals.

StMeph

I miss when non-tier armor didn't look like the tier. Like Helm of Endless Rage. :(

It's not like it's a HUGE issue with Transmog. But I can kind of understand that they don't want to have to make extra armor visuals.

Actually, it's somewhat useful if you want to transmog a set not for your class. I currently have a mix of the Firelands Paladin lookalike and the ICC Warrior lookalike set transmogged to my DK. It's a bit weird to be on fire when casting frost abilities, though.

strafer

Shamans have had some cool tiers.

4c1lt7q.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Carbon, as soon as you got off, I got the last incantations. So we can do all those in one go. Got 10 gold chests and the treasure saurok portion of the lei shen palace done too. Disengage dabes

strafer

Do ever think they remove the signatures for creating a guild? I hate that.

I just wanna create a guild so I don't get spammed all the time.

Carbon, as soon as you got off, I got the last incantations. So we can do all those in one go. Got 10 gold chests and the treasure saurok portion of the lei shen palace done too. Disengage dabes

K, I'll probably log back in a bit. Will be on tonight at least, so just hit me up then and we can do it.

StayDead

Do ever think they remove the signatures for creating a guild? I hate that.

I just wanna create a guild so I don't get spammed all the time.

There's an option under system somewhere to turn that off. I had to do it on my bank alt for that very reason.

Shaman have like 5 healings AOEs, so many 5secs totems and three golems guys and 4 enchaments for his/her weapons, that thing is broken and I like it

I'm just glad Blizzard specified 'Shaman is not a pet class.' Thank fucking god. I didn't want to get Frost Maged

Frost mage doesnt need a pet anymore since they moved the pyro spell to default spells, the arcane mage in other hand needs a arcane elemental to slow down or push enemies

ampere

God Tier 11 was awful.

(Both the Shaman tier set, and the raid content)

! No !

I loved that raid tier and armor lol. That was the first tier I started playing Ele in raids, was Ele a bit in BC and Enhance/Resto in Wrath. Atramedes was the only fight I was usually 1st on though, sometimes Cho'gall.

Earthquake channeling was awkward but kinda neat in a way

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I am literally a /bow away from stormbreaker. Why in the world is the state of the T-rex the same on every single server

ampere

Watched the new Azeroth Choppers, I like the bike designs but they should really cut it with the fake drama... not sure well shows feel the need to do that.

Milennia

God Tier 11 was awful.

(Both the Shaman tier set, and the raid content)

as a progression raider, the only thing that made that raid bad were the final 2 encounters, but they were enough to leave an awful taste in the mouth.

blackthorn made up for a lot of crap in that raid, it was a good fight, bugs aside.

zonozz was decent, yorsajh was boring and easy, ultra was fun to progress on because of the tight enrage, hagara was buggy but good imo fun to set up, morchok was yeah, morchok.. we killed it in 1 pull, like we do most beginner encounters (NOT stone guards though, they took some good attempts for every top guild).

i try to forget the last 2 fights.

i really liked the mage tier actually.

SoupyFlow

Banned
Noob time.

So I took a year long break from WoW. But during the last few months I have had the MMO itch yet again. So I tried out Elder Scrolls Online and Wildstar beta, both did not do it for me.

So coming back to WoW I have noticed the server where most of my high level toons are in (Shadowmoon) is very low populated now. It used to always be medium but now it's always low and Orgrimmar is a deserted wasteland even at peek times.

My question is, should I move some of my characters to a high pop server? I know a lot of party stuff and the dungeon finder will link me up with people in other servers, but is the auction house also cross-server? I am kind of afraid I am missing out on a lot of stuff being on such a crappy low pop server.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
From an interview on Wowhead:

Man, they either don't have a lot of confidence in Mythic difficulty or something, if the gear will look the same for 2200 and Mythic, it'll definitely rustle some PvE jimmies. 2200 is pretty simple to get in RBGs.

Noob time.

So I took a year long break from WoW. But during the last few months I have had the MMO itch yet again. So I tried out Elder Scrolls Online and Wildstar beta, both did not do it for me.

So coming back to WoW I have noticed the server where most of my high level toons are in (Shadowmoon) is very low populated now. It used to always be medium but now it's always low and Orgrimmar is a deserted wasteland even at peek times.

My question is, should I move some of my characters to a high pop server? I know a lot of party stuff and the dungeon finder will link me up with people in other servers, but is the auction house also cross-server? I am kind of afraid I am missing out on a lot of stuff being on such a crappy low pop server.

They were doing realm mergers earlier this year, but stopped for some reason.

My advice would be to wait it out until Warlords, and then decide. Your realm may get an infusion of returning people or it may get merged.

Why didn't you like Wildstar, if they re-skinned the Granoks into Draenei it'd be WoW2.

ampere

as a progression raider, the only thing that made that raid bad were the final 2 encounters, but they were enough to leave an awful taste in the mouth.

blackthorn made up for a lot of crap in that raid, it was a good fight, bugs aside.

zonozz was decent, yorsajh was boring and easy, ultra was fun to progress on because of the tight enrage, hagara was buggy but good imo fun to set up, morchok was yeah, morchok.. we killed it in 1 pull, like we do most beginner encounters (NOT stone guards though, they took some good attempts for every top guild).

You're thinking T13 :p. T11 was the first tier of Cata and was amaaaaaaazing~ (though I just did normals and Heroic Halfus before I had to take a break for school).

T13 did suck

Milennia

You're thinking T13 :p. T11 was the first tier of Cata and was amaaaaaaazing~ (though I just did normals and Heroic Halfus before I had to take a break for school).

T13 did suck

oh i see now he was referring to t11 lol.

t11 was difficult and overturned, but the encounter design was decent.

sinestra and cho saved the tier for me really, sinestra was a serious fight to progress on, even though we had plentiful disc priests and rogues lol.

we only wiped twice to a missed kick on the big adds, and got orbs down fairly fast... the killer on that fight for all guilds on it whilst it was current.....

dat wrack.
but when shard of woe drops on your first kill and your an arcane mage, shit feels so worth.

Milennia

imo (which is popular amongst friends), firelands was the main raid of cataclysm.

the lead up was great, each fight outside of baleroc was well designed (bethtilac a bit overturned for a tier mid boss) all leading up to one of the best end bosses i have ever faced in any game period.

and I've done yogg-0 current as well as the lich king.

seriously, heroic ragnaros and sinestra ARE cataclysm as a whole.

Watched the new Azeroth Choppers, I like the bike designs but they should really cut it with the fake drama... not sure well shows feel the need to do that.

It's super obnoxious. It's sad because I'd love a real show about making bikes and getting to know Blizzard dudes a little better, but this whole thing has been filled with manufactured drama and less about the actual meat of the project.

mclem

Interestingly, that's sort of like the exact opposite to my own experience. Zon'ozz was boring and easy, Hagara was a bit dull, Ultraxion didn't engage me much, Yor'shaj was kind of interesting, loved both the Deathwing fights. I wonder if the difference is the fact that I'm a tank and so the fights that appealed to me were the ones that put a lot of responsibility on the tank and offered a bit more variety than the small range of tank responsibilities in fights that DPS find engaging.

(But, yeah, Morchok was just, well, Morchok)

Edit: Actually, a lot of fights that tier, I'd single-tank. That might be a factor; the simple case that by single-tanking, I felt like I was actively affecting the outcome. That's actually a rare feeling for a tank - all too often we have to just hold steady and not screw up, while everyone else has the major interesting responsibilities. On fights where it was viable for me to single-tank, it was empowering to be in a position where I could actively take on more responsibility and in doing so have a direct ability to improve my guild's chances of getting the kill.

Milennia

Interestingly, that's sort of like the exact opposite to my own experience. Zon'ozz was boring and easy, Hagara was a bit dull, Ultraxion didn't engage me much, Yor'shaj was kind of interesting, loved both the Deathwing fights. I wonder if the difference is the fact that I'm a tank and so the fights that appealed to me were the ones that put a lot of responsibility on the tank and offered a bit more variety than the small range of tank responsibilities in fights that DPS find engaging.

(But, yeah, Morchok was just, well, Morchok)

Edit: Actually, a lot of fights that tier, I'd single-tank. That might be a factor; the simple case that by single-tanking, I felt like I was actively affecting the outcome. That's actually a rare feeling for a tank - all too often we have to just hold steady and not screw up, while everyone else has the major interesting responsibilities. On fights where it was viable for me to single-tank, it was empowering to be in a position where I could actively take on more responsibility and in doing so have a direct ability to improve my guild's chances of getting the kill.
Could very well be a case of point of view.

For instance, as a dps on spine, all I did was afk and hold CDs for tendons, myself along with 3 other mages and 3 rogues... That was the fight for us.

Madness was a case of me having to turn around and move left or right, only deviation was waiting for haste buffs on the final platform so I could get a good few blizzard ticks on the adds.

Entropia

No One Remembers
T11 was shit because it was all "OMG INTERRUPT THIS LOL"
T12 was decent.
T13 was alright except Spine was a fucking stupid encounter.

Milennia

T11 was shit because it was all "OMG INTERRUPT THIS LOL"
T12 was decent.
T13 was alright except Spine was a fucking stupid encounter.

I did not interrupt a single mechanic in t11 at all outside of blink interrupts on halfus.

If you were a rogue or a hunter however, things were different but a single interrupt mechanic did not ruin any encounter in that stage of raiding during heroic progression, each fight was decent outside of the entirety of bwd upon popular opinion amongst friends when the content was current, friends being top world raiders.
The entire tier was plagued with tuning issues for the entirety of heroic progress, making it one of the most difficult tiers of all time to complete in a reasonable, ranked manner.

I personally despised every inch of bwd myself, but don't consider any of the encounters outside of maloriak to be dreadful, I just didn't like the way they played out personally, especially the shitfest that was nefarian.
If a rogue missed a kick on sinestra, you wiped.
That was the biggest interrupt mechanic in the tier and it was only feasible for a rogue to execute, he got it everytime, little to no issue, the rest of the fight was great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Another healer has decided it's 'not fun anymore' so we get to have the fun task of finding, gearing out, and getting used to yet another healer.

Thanks bud. Have a feeling we won't be making it past Dark Shaman tonight with only one inexperienced healer and one experienced.

Touch

so I want a Dragonwrath but don't know which toon I want it on. I have all casters at 90 all about the same length into the quest chain.

Why is it that WoW is supposed to be a CPU intensive game, but my i5-4670k is only sitting at ~50% when raiding 25m SoO on low settings, yet I'm barely able to squeeze out 30 fps? Why doesn't WoW use more of my CPU?

ampere

Do you have a second, secret b.net account? Mine says you were last online 17 days ago?! :(

Long business trip and only shit work laptop.... I even got a Heroes of the Storm invite I can't use yet!

Thinking about getting a personal laptop if they make me do this much more.

Mmm I still dont understand some of the dungeons in 70 to 80, some of the early ones requires lvl 74 but you can access them at lvl 71, Utgarde dungeon have half of the mission in 77 and the final one in 78.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Mmm I still dont understand some of the dungeons in 70 to 80, some of the early ones requires lvl 74 but you can access them at lvl 71, Utgarde dungeon have half of the mission in 77 and the final one in 78.

Dungeon finder is paced different. Theoretically you could do dungeons at a certain level, but it would make random groups a nightmare. They let you almost out-level them before you can q for them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i like the look of the shammy tier 6. will i be able to solo those raids?

ok, yeah. im in BT right now.

The fires from Illidan and the council may give you trouble if you don't have the gear

Edit: I think Kroshik is the same phase across all servers to prevent 'exploiting.' Because I've tried like 10 now through oqueue and he's always sacrificed.

mclem

Edit: I think Kroshik is the same phase across all servers to prevent 'exploiting.' Because I've tried like 10 now through oqueue and he's always sacrificed.

I think it's less "designed to be in the same phase across all servers to prevent exploiting" and more simply "Tied to the current date". See also normal Halfus.

Well, I finally was able to do it!

No joke, harder than many heroic raid bosses. I wouldn't even be close to being able to do this on a class I'm not as comfortable with. You really gotta squeeze out every last drop of efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom