• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touch

so after finishing my secrets this week. i also was able to obtain one runestone on my warlock. progress has been made.

Fjordson

so now they are going to buff the heirlooms by 8 item levels too, but overall the difference between an upgraded warforged item and an heirloom will have increased because the difference from 572->580 is less than stat difference from 580->588
Why is that? Wouldn't the stats on heirlooms be increased at the same rate non heirloom weapons are increasing?

I'm an idiot with math and numbers so maybe I'm missing something here.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not a fan of that bug mount, as a general bug fan. It's too busy.

Different strokes, I'm sure, but I prefer earning my power, and playing to get stronger.

There's nothing 'earned' about valor. Just reads like 'well if we do it this way rather than nerfing SoO, we'll be able to get you playing longer.' At least be up front about it.

Peachpies

Why is that? Wouldn't the stats on heirlooms be increased at the same rate non heirloom weapons are increasing?

I'm an idiot with math and numbers so maybe I'm missing something here.
the amount of stat points that corresponds to 1 item level increases with the item level, its not a big item level difference so it doesn't really matter but if you were wanting to be picky and min/maxing it might matter.

Was on lfr and tanking shamans and had this little cunt of a priest do a life grip right at the center of the group. And he does this more than once. Nothing really infuriates more when people pull this kind of shit

Entropia

No One Remembers
My thoughts on the item upgrade stuff.

1) It's a nerf to SoO without actually nerfing it. Instead of nerfing the bosses ala DS, they're increasing player power. In some ways, this is good because it's not an instant power up. However, that comes at the cost of...

2) Artificial content. Players who are still going through SoO now have to make sure they valor cap every week to make sure they're able to upgrade up their items that they already have, or the new items they will get. So now players will have to chain through Heroic Scenarios to make up for the lack of VP they get through doing SoO.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can we get 6 seals a week now in addition to the 4/4 upgrades? Because it's not like shit ever drops from those anyways

8 bosses. 3 bonus rolls. zero competition. 1 drop.

strafer

I LOVE YOU ALL

onyxiawxb68.jpg

Touch

grats on ony

so im now the guild master of a lvl25 guild on emerald dream. i was one of the original founders but i guess the gm quit or something because he is gone and im now the gm. theres like 300 ppl in this thing. gg

Milennia

Grats on ony mount!

So today is my final interview as a trial with the officers.

We ended up clearing 14/14h in one raid night, which is pretty rare and few guilds actually do, but the group picked it up last night for sure.

I was flawless in terms of mechanics... Until we got to siegecrafter and i had a big ms issue mid fight, so i said no big deal, what are the chances im going to get a blade during a spike...

So yeah, i got the blade and he timer didn't show up until it was at 1.3 seconds and invis was on CD from a laser.. I hit the entire group with the blade -.- , the pull after that was flawless for me, everything was fine after 3 blades, so i hope they noticed that.
Garry and paragons were flawless for me as well, didn't get hit by any fears, minimal damage on paragons etc. etc.

The issue is... That same thing on siegecrafter happened to me last week as well and they were pretty upset about that in particular, except last week i was tunneling and admitted that instantly, in fact.. I don't even remember getting that blade.
This week it was my internet deciding to swap between routers for the fight.

Other than these 2 weeks i have never had this issue on the fight, ever and i hope the following pull were everything was fine and the rest of my flawless week translates well.

Its judgment day basically, unless they choose to extend trial, which i don't think will happen.

In other news, i got the heroic warforged dagger off of paragons, so yay lol.

(God i hope i get promoted and not kicked today)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We did 12/14H in one day today. Which is mind blowing for me considering the guild I was in would usually get to Malkorok on a good day. And we MELTED Juggernaut.

Milennia

We did 12/14H in one day today. Which is mind blowing for me considering the guild I was in would usually get to Malkorok on a good day. And we MELTED Juggernaut.

We usually just end the night after paragons because people get tired, so we don't even attempt garry normally.

This week our kill times improved as we are practicing speed running the instance for world ranks on kill times and clears.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We would have gotten to Garrosh easily tonight, but they just hadn't done non-Garrosh in like a month. So it was kind of a relearning thing. No problems until Siegecrafter.

Shadow's pretty fun in 5 mans. Not so much soloing.

Acidote

Told you! I wish my guild worked like that, we're always struggling to have enough people.

So um. It appears the premiere embersilk cloth farming spot has been hotfixed in the past day. If you're interested in playing the market, buy embersilk and hypnotic dust now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Told you! I wish my guild worked like that, we're always struggling to have enough people.

We have 11 people, so we're playing it close. We're bringing in a 580 rogue from Frostmourne who's 13/14H as well, but I think we need ranged right now and a couple backup healers.

Milennia

We have 11 people, so we're playing it close. We're bringing in a 580 rogue from Frostmourne who's 13/14H as well, but I think we need ranged right now and a couple backup healers.

We have a 24 man roster, but we sell 2-3 spots a week at this point, so thats how we balance it out lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We're already talking about selling H Garrosh kills once everyone gets their mount. Esp with 4/4 gear. I mean, they pretty much carried me even if they say otherwise. We took the whole raid up the first tower and the miniboss just imploded.

Milennia

We're already talking about selling H Garrosh kills once everyone gets their mount. Esp with 4/4 gear. I mean, they pretty much carried me even if they say otherwise. We took the whole raid up the first tower and the miniboss just imploded.

With 4/4 gear we will have 4 carries at that point.
Im unsure how much longer we are going to be selling, seeing as how we've already made an astronomical amount of gold at this point after months and months of carries.

Probably stop when beta hits.
For sure going to stop when 20 man siege hits, unless the content is a joke in terms of tuning, in which case we will still carry a good 3 people.

There are currently 4 guilds selling on our server (2 of which are a joke, one can barely kill the boss each week so they undercut all server prices to compensate lol and the other doesn't even sell garrosh yet) and the other guild is a direct competitor but still doesn't get in our way, considering we are the server first guild on one of the most populated servers in the world, that brings buyers, meaning we are booked for the next couple of months iirc.

However they are a popular streaming guild, so they get those guys, meaning they are also booked for the jext month or so.

Thats good however, if both guilds can be fully booked for months, everyones happy.

That undercutting guild is getting booked as well, which is amazing for us in the long run, especially since they can barely carry 1 person lol and have only killed the boss maybe 4 times at this point.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With 4/4 gear we will have 4 carries at that point.
Im unsure how much longer we are going to be selling, seeing as how we've already made an astronomical amount of gold at this point after months and months of carries.

Probably stop when beta hits.
For sure going to stop when 20 man siege hits, unless the content is a joke in terms of tuning, in which case we will still carry a good 3 people.

It's a lot harder to carry 1 in 10 than in 25 just because of Garrosh tuning, so even if we sell carries, we are probably going to ask the carry to say, bring a sporebat if they're a hunter or something similar. Just a basic request that has nothing to do with playstyle. But who's to say with 4/4 gear.

We're also considering selling CM runs especially the closer WoD gets so people will be in a rush to get their set before its gone forever. We screwed up multiple times on one of the hardest CMs and still got it, so we're thinking we could easily sell em. Think that would be split amongst the group rather than the guild though.

Milennia

It's a lot harder to carry 1 in 10 than in 25 just because of Garrosh tuning, so even if we sell carries, we are probably going to ask the carry to say, bring a sporebat if they're a hunter or something similar. Just a basic request that has nothing to do with playstyle. But who's to say with 4/4 gear.

We're also considering selling CM runs especially the closer WoD gets so people will be in a rush to get their set before its gone forever. We screwed up multiple times on one of the hardest CMs and still got it, so we're thinking we could easily sell em. Think that would be split amongst the group rather than the guild though.

Thats a side thing we do as well, but my guild has been doing that for well over 4-5 months at this point.

Our direct competitor for server CM sales is a well known, returning guild, but we both have a general understanding of the price and offer an equal service, so its all cool there.

CM sales are extremely competitive otherwise in terms of pricing.
A lot of servers charge 50-70k whilst our teams charge 90k (we have multiple teams).
We are overbooked beyond belief in terms of CMs, as well as the other guild.

However you do get these random, willing to do it for cheap, CM teams attempting to take over servers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thats a side thing we do as well, but my guild has been doing that for well over 4-5 months at this point.

Our direct competitor for server CM sales is a well known, returning guild, but we both have a general understanding of the price and offer an equal service, so its all cool there.

If we do something like that, I'm gonna make them carry my monk and dk for 'practice.' Mainly so I can get those sets out of the way even though I doubt I'll play either in WoD.

Soon we're gonna be hitting that point where we finish raid in 1 1/2 days and don't have much else to do for the week so CMs are looking like something. I apparently missed the ToT meta run which bums me out. Want a skyscreamer for my Troll.

Milennia

I was in a 10 man guild during t14 and our heroic sha of fear sales runs were funny as fuck.

It was easy to carry, because we had a god comp in t14, so it didn't really matter what class it was or how geared they were, because we just had them die on the encounters where it would have been sketchy.

On sha we would try and keep the carry alive for fun into phase 2.
Even killed it with a carry who was afk and alive, who didn't get huddled until the end of the fight .. So the boss died when he had the ball lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's funny you mentioned trialing. Since I'm trialing with this guild, I was on every kill up to Malk which I offered to take a seat for since I don't need anything really from him anyways so they could bring in their geared main rogue who's the melee officer. They also didn't bring me in on Thok because they hadn't done NOT Garrosh in so long that they wanted to see if they had the dps to carry me. They one shotted it, so they said I'll be in next week.

Anyways, we were doing Shaman, and I was wit Haromm, two tanks, and the healer. I get a iron tomb from Kadris from the initial pull and hit my fade at like 5 seconds left on the tick. Drop to 1%. 2 seconds later, Haromm puts an earthquake under me and I did. So I'm like 'fuck, I fucked up' because I assumed the healer was keeping the tanks alive. Then I ankh and get toxic spray one shotted. So I'm like, 'Oh jesus, I'm never going to be a full time raider' then the healer goes 'lol woops cat jumped on my keyboard and I let the shaman die'

Apparently I did a good job, but I kept thinking I was fucking up on Dark Shaman and apparently it wasn't even me

witness

So I ended up pre ordering WoD and I decided to boost a brand new Warlock. I already had two high level melee dps (DK and Pally) so I wanted a caster to change things up. So I've done a ton of research and practiced my rotations on Timeless Isle (demon spec). It's a lot of fun for me and so far and I don't regret picking Warlock.

Now my question is about getting him geared up. I already got the T16 pants from one of the bosses on the Isle. Should I just run all of these world bosses first before I jump into LFR or does it not really matter? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I only just resubed after being away since Cata.

strafer

Dammit, the legendary bow drops from Sunwell and I can't fucking use it. It's typical.

Oh well, I'm going to keep it, you never know when Blizzard decides to let you use every weapon type.

I feel so lucky today.

Milennia

It's funny you mentioned trialing. Since I'm trialing with this guild, I was on every kill up to Malk which I offered to take a seat for since I don't need anything really from him anyways so they could bring in their geared main rogue who's the melee officer. They also didn't bring me in on Thok because they hadn't done NOT Garrosh in so long that they wanted to see if they had the dps to carry me. They one shotted it, so they said I'll be in next week.

Anyways, we were doing Shaman, and I was wit Haromm, two tanks, and the healer. I get a iron tomb from Kadris from the initial pull and hit my fade at like 5 seconds left on the tick. Drop to 1%. 2 seconds later, Haromm puts an earthquake under me and I did. So I'm like 'fuck, I fucked up' because I assumed the healer was keeping the tanks alive. Then I ankh and get toxic spray one shotted. So I'm like, 'Oh jesus, I'm never going to be a full time raider' then the healer goes 'lol woops cat jumped on my keyboard and I let the shaman die'

Apparently I did a good job, but I kept thinking I was fucking up on Dark Shaman and apparently it wasn't even me

We stack them lol.

Its basically a cluster fuck but its smooth because the fights quick.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just got Silent Assassin done. There's officially the hardest achievement for Shado-Master done
So I ended up pre ordering WoD and I decided to boost a brand new Warlock. I already had two high level melee dps (DK and Pally) so I wanted a caster to change things up. So I've done a ton of research and practiced my rotations on Timeless Isle (demon spec). It's a lot of fun for me and so far and I don't regret picking Warlock.

Now my question is about getting him geared up. I already got the T16 pants from one of the bosses on the Isle. Should I just run all of these world bosses first before I jump into LFR or does it not really matter? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I only just resubed after being away since Cata.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1328815-In-depth-Timeless-Isle-Hidden-Chest-Guide!

So I bought Warlords a few days ago and boosted this druid up to 90. I'm having trouble figuring out where to go from here for better gear. I've been running around doing Timeless stuff and opened a few chests. The gear is ok I guess but I haven't gotten much. Also need to reforge some stuff since it seems the gear is pretty random.

Any tips on what to do from here? I think i've read that I should just go grab some pvp gear but I'm not entirely sure what I should do. Do I just farm battlegrounds?

I'm not geared enough to do the heroic instances, correct?

Edit**

Just saw the post before mine. I guess I should just go look for more chests...

Peachpies

after boosting and timeless isle you are well past the gear range for heroic dungeons. The next step would be siege and tot lfr and heroic scenarios. You get a quest that gives you a 516 piece the first time you do a heroic scenario and then the first time you do a heroic scenario each day you have a chance for a 516 piece. ToT lfr gives 502 gear and siege lfr gives 528 gear. the pvp gear is pretty good too if you are just starting out but i dont think doing battlegrounds at that level would be fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just tanked RFK on my Shadow Priest with 1 healer and 1 dps because no one else joined after two went afk and got kicked.

Pretty sure I could solo it. Soloed the second boss along with trash in SM pretty easily with void tendrils and lots of dots. MAde it a lot more exciting.

Tamanon

Banned
So I bought Warlords a few days ago and boosted this druid up to 90. I'm having trouble figuring out where to go from here for better gear. I've been running around doing Timeless stuff and opened a few chests. The gear is ok I guess but I haven't gotten much. Also need to reforge some stuff since it seems the gear is pretty random.

Any tips on what to do from here? I think i've read that I should just go grab some pvp gear but I'm not entirely sure what I should do. Do I just farm battlegrounds?

I'm not geared enough to do the heroic instances, correct?

Edit**

Just saw the post before mine. I guess I should just go look for more chests...

You are geared enough for Heroic Dungeons, Scenarios, and LFR. LFR for Throne of Thunder will get you upgrades along with the Timeless Isle.

Milennia

ok, just got done talking with the officers.

got raider rank, finally.
still a long road to go, but i have solidified my team for warlords of draenor.

2 months back to the game, some world ranks and a raider in a top 6 guild.
I'm happy.

they have informed me 3 mages may be too many for warlords, so i told them if needed, i will reroll to my shadow priest for the expansion.

i have never rerolled before, but if needed, id gladly do it for my most favorite dos spec in the game outside of the mage specs.

they also look very promising in the next expansion, hence our need for one.

Milennia

Shadow Priests have looked promising in many a patch. Things never end up that way. We're used to being disappointed.
they most certainly succeeded in the patches they were projected to do well in.

such as t12-13.
they haven't been projected to be strong since, not by good players at least.

at this point, shadow priests are projected to be strong by good players and my fellow raiders, hence our need for one.

single target mastery as it stands now, as well as that 3 orb glyph *which will most likely become baseline*
will balance them out in terms of spread aoe *which they are currently strong at
as well as single target with gear, which we have access to.

i have even consulted with one of the best shadow priests in the world *currently rank 1 in america
before making the decision.
after a good 2-3 hour conversation on the topic, i decided that if i had to reroll, it would be to a shadow priest.

not to mention the fact that i can play one at a top level already, so that helps.

it was originally going to be my boom kin that i progressed through ulduar with ending with a top 30 world 25m standing after yogg-0 dropped, but i decided that since returning, i no longer have an interest in the spec, i find it fairly high maintenance now... which is funny because i played it when it was above and beyond HIGHER maintenance than it is now lol.

just lost interest i suppose, it happens.

Salamando

they most certainly succeeded in the patches they were projected to do well in.

such as t12-13.
they haven't been projected to be strong since, not by good players at least.

at this point, shadow priests are projected to be strong by good players and my fellow raiders, hence our need for one.

Was thinking more recently. We were projected to do well in Throne of Thunder. And we did. Until they hotfixed Shadow Word Pain a few weeks later to mostly undo the buff.

And with the changes to DOT Snapshotting, the difference between a good player and bad one is about to get a lot smaller.

The 3 orb glyph is pretty sweet, but a lot of things will change between now and release. I don't have any faith in how anything performs until the game nears release. We're just too far out for accurate predictions.

Milennia

Was thinking more recently. We were projected to do well in Throne of Thunder. And we did. Until they hotfixed Shadow Word Pain a few weeks later to mostly undo the buff.

And with the changes to DOT Snapshotting, the difference between a good player and bad one is about to get a lot smaller.
the snapshotting change doesn't hurt the class though.
i don't care if it lowers the skillcap personally, if I'm playing the class and its easy, so be it.

i used to rank every fight as an arcane mage throughout the entirety of cataclysm, i found the spec at the time to be a joke, yet i still out damaged most arcane mages in the world.

hot fixes happen, i played a fire mage in t14 when we were hit with one of the biggest hot fixes we could have been hit with, 100% ignite combustions.

it was promptly nerfed to the ground and we went arcane.

but if shadow is bad, i will just stay mage, thats how it works for me, ill just play whats strong and better for my guild.

right now its just a massive wait for beta and for that final damage tuning patch to hit.
i agree its nothing but a wait and see yeah.

but i had to choose an alt that was projected well, and for me that was the shadow priest.
always wanted one of my own, was always my favorite dps spec in terms of fun factor and skill factor (as stated, dropping skill factor but yeah).
basically it was me deciding... "ok which class would i reroll to if i had to, due to us having 3 mages and 20man becoming a thing, and if any of the other mages aren't interested in rerolling..." that answer was pretty clear in my case.

Salamando

the snapshotting change doesn't hurt the class though.
i don't care if it lowers the skillcap personally, if I'm playing the class and its easy, so be it.

i used to rank every fight as an arcane mage throughout the entirety of cataclysm, i found the spec at the time to be a joke, yet i still out damaged most arcane mages in the world.

hot fixes happen, i played a fire mage in t14 when we were hit with one of the biggest hot fixes we could have been hit with, 100% ignite combustions.

it was promptly nerfed to the ground and we went arcane.

but if shadow is bad, i will just stay mage, thats how it works for me, ill just play whats strong and better for my guild.

right now its just a massive wait for beta and for that final damage tuning patch to hit.
i agree its nothing but a wait and see yeah.

but i had to choose an alt that was projected well, and for me that was the shadow priest.
always wanted one of my own, was always my favorite dps spec in terms of fun factor and skill factor (as stated, dropping skill factor but yeah).
basically it was me deciding... "ok which class would i reroll to if i had to, due to us having 3 mages and 20man becoming a thing, and if any of the other mages aren't interested in rerolling..." that answer was pretty clear in my case.

Didn't mean the Dot snapshotting thing to make it sound bad. Just that it should be easier to find a "good" one with a lower skillcap. I'm hoping for it to be a net-gain for the class. Smaller difference in output between the best and just good should make it easier to balance.

There's a lot to like about where they're taking the spec. The Glyph is downright awesome. Removing heals sucks, but if it allows them to drop any pretense of hybrids and the accompanying tax, so be it.

Love the class though. For as many alts as I've had, none have been my main for more than a tier or so. Always come back to the priest. Plus with Night Elves getting vampire-esqe canines, the character will only get better.

Milennia

Didn't mean the Dot snapshotting thing to make it sound bad. Just that it should be easier to find a "good" one with a lower skillcap. I'm hoping for it to be a net-gain for the class. Smaller difference in output between the best and just good should make it easier to balance.

There's a lot to like about where they're taking the spec. The Glyph is downright awesome. Removing heals sucks, but if it allows them to drop any pretense of hybrids and the accompanying tax, so be it.

Love the class though. For as many alts as I've had, none have been my main for more than a tier or so. Always come back to the priest. Plus with Night Elves getting vampire-esqe canines, the character will only get better.
yeah I'm loving it so far.

they way i see it as of now is if your a good shadow priest, it will only be easier to get better due to the lack of snapshotting, which even top priests aren't perfect at.

im excited.
they better make that glyph a passive like everyone thinks they will, or else its just going to be a mandatory glyph, which ins rue they will notice during raid testing lol.

i prefer damage over losing damage due to having the ability to passively and actively off heal.

i play a damage spec, i want to damage damnit and i want that damage to be comparable lol.

that seems to be their direction judging from the changes so far and the tweets outright saying thats what they are going for as of now for priests in particular.
we still have some off heals, but nothing huge and I'm fine with that.
off healing even now consists of basically pom and hymn/halo.

now it will just be pom =p I'm cool with that, and if i need to help keep the raid up for a heavy damage phase or at the end of a fight, i can just pop out of shadow and spam heal.

i hope they allow us to cast any heal we may actually have whilst in shadow form though, that would be nice.

unless thats a change thats already in the notes that i don't recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom