• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salamando

We also get the Magic Damage Taken debuff. Not much of a buff for most raid groups, but considering my raid doesn't have it yet, I'll gladly take it. We would have it if my raid leader told the hunter to get a dragonhawk, but the raid leader doesn't think he'd listen anyways.

There have been times where my raid's used my off-healing capabilities. Namely during Juggernaut's siege mode on Heroic. The healers have a tendency to let people die then.

I do not have a very good raid.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they're taking away healing tide from Enh/Ele in WoD, I highly doubt Shadow Priest will get to keep any of their healing spells.

If you're referring to 5.4.7, plenty of top end raiders bring Shadow Priests along because they understand the utility at the expense of damage. On my old server, Zul'Jin, Duality brought a Shadow Priest pretty regularly in their 25s. Hell, even Fatboss takes one on their 10 man runs.

Salamando

We outright lose binding heal and renew is now holy only. That leaves us with prayer of mending, flash heal, and vampiric embrace. Enough that I could heal one target, but not anything more than that.

In 5.4.7, as long as there are adds, we're competitive. If stuff dies frequently enough that we can keep Twist of Fate going, we're downright good. Fights like Malkorok, Thok, and Juggernaut though...I tend to feel more like a liability then asset.

And Leap of Faith has to be my favorite spell in game now. I've learned how to kill raidmates in far too many rooms in Siege.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Eh, I'm melee. Some fights you just feel like a liability* depending on your spec. Opposite of your problem, if there's NO adds in a fight, I feel like a liability since I'm pretty much tunnel vision unless it's adds that take a long time to die.

*unless you're a warlock

Milennia

If they're taking away healing tide from Enh/Ele in WoD, I highly doubt Shadow Priest will get to keep any of their healing spells.

If you're referring to 5.4.7, plenty of top end raiders bring Shadow Priests along because they understand the utility at the expense of damage. On my old server, Zul'Jin, Duality brought a Shadow Priest pretty regularly in their 25s. Hell, even Fatboss takes one on their 10 man runs.

uhhh yeah, duality IS the guild i was in before taking my break, i was a raider.

shadow priests will keep their casted heals, just like any other off healer class.

what they lose are their cooldowns and instant cast heals, like every other off healer.
we have 1 shadow priest currently, hence our need for another.
the fat boss guild is bad, they used to be fairly well progressed, but now they are in a guild made up of a couple of top pro raiders players and nothing else.
hell, their top player in terms of ranks cheeses by replacing FB with scorch as his filler and uses their low kill times with mastery stacking.
my current guild, however, beat them quite handily in the 10 man race, and they also used a shadow priest for utility.

nobody is disputing shadow priest utility, thats all they bring.

Milennia

We outright lose binding heal and renew is now holy only. That leaves us with prayer of mending, flash heal, and vampiric embrace. Enough that I could heal one target, but not anything more than that.

In 5.4.7, as long as there are adds, we're competitive. If stuff dies frequently enough that we can keep Twist of Fate going, we're downright good. Fights like Malkorok, Thok, and Juggernaut though...I tend to feel more like a liability then asset.

And Leap of Faith has to be my favorite spell in game now. I've learned how to kill raidmates in far too many rooms in Siege.

double post-

having VE is insane with a single target mastery
its going to be even more massive then it is now, much much more massive.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's exactly what I'm saying though. People are put off just because their peak dps isn't as high, but any serious raider knows the usefulness they bring. Especially with fights like Garrosh. I'd rather have more utility than dps, myself. The loss of utility from a lot of classes in WoD is going to homogenize the playstyles even more, in my opinion. Which sucks.

Could be a lot worse though. Our main tank/GM played monk for all of Heroic SoO as Brewmaster b ut then we get to Garrosh, and there's no way you can use a monk in 10 man heroic garrosh as 'mt'. 25 man, sure, but not 10 man. So now we're gearing his warrior to make the rides a little smoother.

Milennia

That's exactly what I'm saying though. People are put off just because their peak dps isn't as high, but any serious raider knows the usefulness they bring. Especially with fights like Garrosh. I'd rather have more utility than dps, myself. The loss of utility from a lot of classes in WoD is going to homogenize the playstyles even more, in my opinion. Which sucks.

Could be a lot worse though. Our main tank/GM played monk for all of Heroic SoO as Brewmaster b ut then we get to Garrosh, and there's no way you can use a monk in 10 man heroic garrosh. 25 man, sure, but not 10 man. So now we're gearing his warrior to make the rides a little smoother.

nobody respectable will ever put down a shadow priest in terms of utility yes.

having respectable single target damage, as well as aoe like they currently do in WOD, AND POM and VE... thats good, very good.

Salamando

Could be a lot worse though. Our main tank/GM played monk for all of Heroic SoO as Brewmaster b ut then we get to Garrosh, and there's no way you can use a monk in 10 man heroic garrosh as 'mt'. 25 man, sure, but not 10 man. So now we're gearing his warrior to make the rides a little smoother.

It's likely the case that I'm too hard on myself because a lot of people in the raid don't put in their 100%. H Juggernaut progression, for example. We hit the enrage at 1%, I feel bad because I'm bottom of the meters. Reality is we're four-healing, which is needed cause our raid awareness is shit. No one else has worked out how to avoid the sawblades...and they're too tunnel visioned to focus on 'em in the first place.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh yeah, I think Shadow Priests are going to be high up there in WoD. At least up there with rogues and all their ridiculous buffs.

Still keeping my Enhancement Shaman, but I am leveling a Shadow Priest on the side because I never finished leveling mine back in BC.

Salamando

BC was one of my favorite times as a SPriest. Karazhan in particular. Shackle undead was an effective CC, Vampiric Touch's mana regen was unlike anything any other class offered. It was a fun time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's likely the case that I'm too hard on myself because a lot of people in the raid don't put in their 100%. H Juggernaut progression, for example. We hit the enrage at 1%, I feel bad because I'm bottom of the meters. Reality is we're four-healing, which is needed cause our raid awareness is shit. No one else has worked out how to avoid the sawblades...and they're too tunnel visioned to focus on 'em in the first place.

Might be worth keeping an eye out for a new guild. As bad as that sounds, it's usually a more realistic answer than raid leaders cracking down on people

Salamando

Might be worth keeping an eye out for a new guild. As bad as that sounds, it's usually a more realistic answer than raid leaders cracking down on people

Trust me, I have zero intention of continuing to raid with them. They effectively killed most of the fun in raiding. Haven't actually raided with them in 3 months. When I left, they were 6/14H. They're now 8/14H.

Might try to start raiding again when the new item upgrade stuff goes live. After a few weeks my ilvl will be in the high 570's. Should be enough to get in with some people.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Stormbreaker title get. Best Shaman title.

It really bugs me that none of the Shado-pan gear is in the game other than the helmet. And only one of the helmets, not the mask/hood one. Why not let people transmog a Shado-pan set? ESPECIALLY rogues.

I LOVE YOU ALL

onyxiawxb68.jpg

Got mine as well yesterday

How do you make your face appear?

EDIT: NVM found it

ampere

I'll join you all in saying Shadow Priests are looking fantastic in 6.0 and WoD. The rotation customization that talents allow, along with cutting some utility and buffing damage sounds great. I mean you can add an additional DoT to your rotation or remove all DoTs. It's essentially like two separate specs in one. I also want to try out Priest healing.

Just thought of something. Will Shado-Master be unobtainable from the game come WoD? Because the title requires you getting gold in SPM.. And if there's no CM SPM, how would you get gold?

That achievement (challenge mode one) is being removed from the meta, Watcher has tweeted about it. Title still obtainable.

Milennia

Just thought of something. Will Shado-Master be unobtainable from the game come WoD? Because the title requires you getting gold in SPM.. And if there's no CM SPM, how would you get gold?

Wait til you do Chen's family reunion.

I think they will just remove the requirement, or else they would have gave us a warning, they have been pretty good about that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think they need to nerf Garrosh Heroic...

....I do think they need to nerf Heroic Paragons.

Edit: 2 hours on Paragons. 30 minutes to down Garrosh.

Fjordson

So much salt on Timeless Isle on PvP servers. Best/worst thing in the game.
Oh god definitely. Timeless Isle is a cesspool because of that.

The whole censer thing is entertaining and I don't really mind it because I know where to avoid them on my server, but there is so much bitching and arguing being that people are fighting their own faction and can go back and forth in chat. I kinda hope Blizz doesn't replicate that idea in WoD. At least not without some modifications.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
PvP on a PvP server against equal level players is ruining the game?

Just don't.

There is no logic to be had with these people. They don't want to world pvp, they want to be on a pvp server so they can gank low level characters when they feel like it.

Peachpies

PvP on a PvP server against equal level players is ruining the game?
1. timeless isle is not pvp
2. most people are not a pvp server because they want to pvp

Just don't.

There is no logic to be had with these people. They don't want to world pvp, they want to be on a pvp server so they can gank low level characters when they feel like it.
don't see the point you are trying to make here since that's what timeless isle "pvp" is

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
1. timeless isle is not pvp
2. most people are not a pvp server because they want to pvp

don't see the point you are trying to make here since that's what timeless isle "pvp" is

Dude, you're level 90 in a level 90 zone on a pvp server, what happens then is working as intended.

If you're on a pvp server and bitch about world pvp, there's no one to blame but yourself. Server transfers have been a thing forever, and now you can mail heirlooms x-server it's easy as pie to re-level for free on a pve server.

ampere

If Blizzard 'announces' a mount on its own, it's either a store mount or an RAF mount. Mounts coming out with WoD will be announced as parts of a faction/raid/pvp/etc as they always are.

The new bug mount is definitely store or RAF.

strafer

Is it possible to make the following macro?

I want summon FE attached to my LB, but only when it's off cooldown.

Like when I engage a boss for the first time I want to first summon my FE and start channeling Empower

Then spam LB.

Will this require multiple clicks?

So hard to explain in text. :p

Entropia

No One Remembers
Is it possible to make the following macro?

I want summon FE attached to my LB, but only when it's off cooldown.

Like when I engage a boss for the first time I want to first summon my FE and start channeling Empower

Then spam LB.

Will this require multiple clicks?

So hard to explain in text. :p

Macro'ing it to the wrong spell. ;)
#showtooltip Ascendance
/cast Ascendance
/cast Fire Elemental Totem
/cast Empower

Keep in mind you have to push the button twice as FET and Empower are on the GCD.

RPGCrazied

Much as I want the warhorse, I think if it ends up a store mount, I will pass this time. I actually bought the Sparkle pony and the Bat, but enough is enough. Put these in the game somewhere, or make them profession finding/creating. Tired of shelling out even more money to Blizzard along with the monthly fee I already pay.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only time Elemental should be casting empower is if it's something out of reach of the Elemental. It's giving up way too much damage to have him sitting there channeling.

strafer

Only time Elemental should be casting empower is if it's something out of reach of the Elemental. It's giving up way too much damage to have him sitting there channeling.

I'm going to use it primarly when soloing. Like Malygos, burning him down before drake phase and other bosses.

And you need 600k personal DPS for it to be usable while raiding

Entropia

No One Remembers

Do you have numbers to back this up?

I'm genuinely curious about that. I've always used Empower when I've bothered to spec into that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do you have numbers to back this up?

I'm genuinely curious about that. I've always used Empower when I've bothered to spec into that.

If I take Primal Elementalist when should I use Empower?

Empower has two functions: give Restoration Shaman something to take Primal Elementalist for, and to give you a damage buff when your Fire Elemental can't hit anything. The only way you'll be able to use Empower all the time is if you can somehow do eight times your average DPS for the entire duration. eg: in T14H gear the Primal Fire Elemental deals about 40,000 dps. You'll need that to be 5% of your output (or 800,000 dps) for Empower to be useful all the time.

via totemspot.

witness

So I've been gearing up my newly minted worgen warlock through LFR and Timeless Isle the past few days and got a lot of gear. I just need to get rid of my gloves, rings, and one trinket to get rid of my 483 starter gear. I'm sitting at ilvl 495 average so I'm just one piece away from getting into the Seige LFRs (I cleared out all the ones I was eligible for). LFR for what I did was stupid easy, I think I only had two wipes ever and both were from stupid mistakes by people.

I'm sure I'll be able to get some upgrade tonight and raid over the weekends. Are the Seige LFRs just as easy as the rest were? I am really enjoying my demonology warlock, fun class to play. Might try out the destruction spec finally, but I really enjoy what my pets bring to the table and demon form abilities. Glad I have a maxed out caster finally, and a worgen warlock looks pretty evil in that gear. I think after I get rid of all of his greens I'll go level up my Paladin from 86-90 or maybe work on bringing my Monk up from 40.

Got Brawler's rank 10. Wasn't too bad. Also did a couple of the challenge cards. The reward a shit load of gold for the effort required. Only one-off rewards though.

Touchdown

Banned
Got Brawler's rank 10. Wasn't too bad. Also did a couple of the challenge cards. The reward a shit load of gold for the effort required. Only one-off rewards though.

Nice! I'm currently stuck on the eyeball maze one, rank 8 I think....although it probably doesn't help I'm trying to do it in bear form. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom