• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Is "Do a Barrel Roll" soloable? It's the last achievement I need for the firelands mount. My DK needs it, my warrior, my hunter and my Paladin. So I can do it on any of them, it's the only thing missing. Suggestions?

I suspect the key factor is whether you can beat the fight in a single airborne phase. Dodging cyclones *and* worm-breath at the same time is likely to be a monumental pain.

Is "Do a Barrel Roll" soloable? It's the last achievement I need for the firelands mount. My DK needs it, my warrior, my hunter and my Paladin. So I can do it on any of them, it's the only thing missing. Suggestions?

I did it while soloing Alysrazor on my second or third attempt without even meaning to get it. And that was when I couldn't kill it in the first phase and had to keep myself alive during the phase transition.

If you're geared up decently, let's say at least 530 if not higher, you shouldn't have a problem killing Alysrazor in the first phase but then you just need to make sure you're dodging everything in the air. I just naturally tried to dodge stuff while fighting and had no problems.

I did it while soloing Alysrazor on my second or third attempt without even meaning to get it. And that was when I couldn't kill it in the first phase and had to keep myself alive during the phase transition.

If you're geared up decently, let's say at least 530 if not higher, you shouldn't have a problem killing Alysrazor in the first phase but then you just need to make sure you're dodging everything in the air. I just naturally tried to dodge stuff while fighting and had no problems.

Thanks Wibble. I think my DK is at like 510 and my fury warrior is at 514. The only thing I'm missing for the achievement is "brushfire" so maybe this is doable.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did LFR ToT trying to get some pieces together for CM carries.

One healer was doing 89k. That's fine. it's ToT LFR. All the other healers were under 30k... At least go get timeless gear! I was trying to figure out why everyone was getting so low, thought it was people dragging lightning through the pools, but there was just no heals going out. We wiped on the very first boss of ToT. The only other time I've done that was during Boostageddon.

Touch

I did my first ever million+ dps burst today on a pull on my Warlock. I feel accomplished. If only I could manage to not mess up my rotation and keep it from dropping half in a split second :/ demo is so brutal

So Wibble helped me with the achieve, and we thought it would pop across characters and it didn't.

HOWEVER.

The mount dropped. HOLY FUCKING SHIT. Thank you, Wibble!

ampere

Well.

LfUI62e.png
ki8NA5X.png

They weren't kidding about squishing as much as they could, haha. Leveling a new toon will be interesting in WoD, probably won't feel much change with individual levels.

So Wibble helped me with the achieve, and we thought it would pop across characters and it didn't.

HOWEVER.

The mount dropped. HOLY FUCKING SHIT. Thank you, Wibble!
Woo grats! Flaming raven lord time!

Tillers going well. Should have at least one alt to exalted tomorrow if not two. Certainly the next day if not tomorrow. 2 are lagging a little behind cause they must've done some quests before I had the commendation but that's okay. All are in revered at least. 4-5 days from nothing to exalted and a full farm is pretty good.

And Kroshik should finally be an adult tomorrow (he better be), so I can wrap up my Stormbreaker title. Still need to do the daily rep there, but that'll take only 4 days or so to finish. Just a matter of when I have free time.

Molten Front is going okay as well. Should be done with the unlocking tomorrow, perhaps the next day. Though I'll still need to go there for the RNG portions of the Flamebreaker title. Need the correct daily boss to show up for one achieve (20% chance) and Thassarian to show up in my posse for the other. The latter of which is pretty damn rare, especially just doing it by myself. But it's not exactly easy to organize a ton of people to all do that daily at the same time to get a better shot at seeing him. Might have to be in it for the long haul.

Let me know if the crit boots drop on your first shaman kill so I can be sad.

The shit that never drops for me always drops for Other peoples first kills lol .

Also got dang I'm going to have a shit load of crit and mastery if that item converter is accurate, sweet.

I think we had the regular ones drop last night on our normal kill. Dunno if you have those, but yeah.

Milennia

Tillers going well. Should have at least one alt to exalted tomorrow if not two. Certainly the next day if not tomorrow. 2 are lagging a little behind cause they must've done some quests before I had the commendation but that's okay. All are in revered at least. 4-5 days from nothing to exalted and a full farm is pretty good.

And Kroshik should finally be an adult tomorrow (he better be), so I can wrap up my Stormbreaker title. Still need to do the daily rep there, but that'll take only 4 days or so to finish. Just a matter of when I have free time.

Molten Front is going okay as well. Should be done with the unlocking tomorrow, perhaps the next day. Though I'll still need to go there for the RNG portions of the Flamebreaker title. Need the correct daily boss to show up for one achieve (20% chance) and Thassarian to show up in my posse for the other. The latter of which is pretty damn rare, especially just doing it by myself. But it's not exactly easy to organize a ton of people to all do that daily at the same time to get a better shot at seeing him. Might have to be in it for the long haul.

I think we had the regular ones drop last night on our normal kill. Dunno if you have those, but yeah.

i don't even have the regular ones lol, in fact... i haven't killed a single boss in SOO outside of heroic lol....

Milennia

It's going to be pretty funny when my Shaman's first Garrosh kill is a Heroic one.

yeah i don't even know how the normal fights are handled.

i need to kill normal garry for the wolf mount at some point though, however that will probably be on my priest, in my guilds alt run when she's geared enough.

i was 562 ilvl when i killed heroic garry the first time lol, no legendary cloak either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yeah i don't even know how the normal fights are handled.

i need to kill normal garry for the wolf mount at some point though, however that will probably be on my priest, in my guilds alt run when she's geared enough.

i was 562 ilvl when i killed heroic garry the first time lol, no legendary cloak either.

It's pretty much the same except for no phase 4.

Once I hit 90 on this rogue, I may stop leveling alts for a while. It's burning the soul out of me, and I'm not having much fun. This'll put me at 7? I think

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I pretty much have no path to a proper normal mode kill so I'll probably end up paying for a normal mode kill on my server. I really want the wolf mount >.>

Milennia

I pretty much have no path to a proper normal mode kill so I'll probably end up paying for a normal mode kill on my server. I really want the wolf mount >.>

they go for about 30k on my server (if it was up to me id charge 25 lol).

we don't sell any normal mode kills, but we probably could with the alt run, if people actually showed up for it every week =/

strafer

I really appreciate the new dungeon journal.

The Dungeon Journal now includes short overviews of the fight for each role, which should help players that don't know the fights.

The Key Binding UI has also been improved to a tabbed list rather than a very long list you have to scroll through.

You are now able to manage addons in game without having to log out. The Simple Addon Control or Addon Control Panel addons will do the same thing now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Spent about 2.5k on gems, but I'm pretty happy with my CM set at the moment. 11 Brilliant Primordials. Alchemist stone and the third(?) best trinket for CMs - Wushoolay's Final Choice. Got the socketed wrists as well.

All I need now is the neck from Lei Shen and a main hand so I can use my shield+mh instead of my staff for more sockets. Would like to get the one from Dark Animus. Oh and a ring with a socket. Only one of mine has a socket currently. Tank and the warlock seemed down to do runs for everyones alts then we can start selling. Once I get my rogues out of the way, I'm ready to get back into this and make some fucking money. Wish I could just queue lei shen repeatedly instead of doing all of pinnacle. Dude is like CM set central.

Milennia

so, my buddy reminded of this recently.

https://twitter.com/ImperialVizier

for anyone who progressed on this asshole prenerf (i did and he was indeed an asshole confirmed, 68% of our pulls were resets, some had it way worse), you know this pain lol.

we saw this twitter mid raid night and just couldn't stop laughing lol.

spirit kings was a joke in terms of resetting compared to this guy, all you and to do then was just run out, for this guy we had a hunter pull and reset normally if he went left.
most of the time, it ended in a wipe anyway.

knicks

If anybody is interested in my account I am looking to sell it.

Have a 90 Warrior
Full T3 Transmog
Full last season gladiator
ilvl 543 pve gear
Around 100,000 gold
16k achievement points

Haven't played since February, account has been inactive, but I though I'd ask. PM for additional details.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
If anybody is interested in my account I am looking to sell it.

Have a 90 Warrior
Full T3 Transmog
Full last season gladiator
ilvl 543 pve gear
Around 100,000 gold
16k achievement points

Haven't played since February, account has been inactive, but I though I'd ask. PM for additional details.

Eh buying MMO accounts is SUPER shady. You can easily get the account back and there's not much going for you for asking for a refund, especially for digital goods.

Fjordson

Used oQueue for the first time earlier. Found a Garrosh group pretty quickly, seems like a nice add on.

Is it common for people to use it for older content? Like world bosses, Ordos, old content for transmog, etc. Those are harder to find pug groups for than SoO on my server.

Kuntz

Used oQueue for the first time earlier. Found a Garrosh group pretty quickly, seems like a nice add on.

Is it common for people to use it for older content? Like world bosses, Ordos, old content for transmog, etc. Those are harder to find pug groups for than SoO on my server.

I always see a lot of firelands, bastion of twilight, ulduar... groups on oqueue so yeah, ther's demand for old content. You can always create your own and see if people come by.

We need an official blizzard oqueue

Eh buying MMO accounts is SUPER shady. You can easily get the account back and there's not much going for you for asking for a refund, especially for digital goods.

I lost an account somebody have given me when they went off to the military because they came back and decided they wanted to play again. Got it in the middle of Wrath and had done Ulduar, ToGC, ICC and the first tier of Cata on Heroics with it, lost a ton of characters and achievements, time basically. I ended up just rebuying the game but I never really got back at the same level.

ampere

We need an official blizzard oqueue

The group finder update in 6.0 is an official blizzard oqueue, except not terrible. I'm not blaming the oqueue's dev, but he has to do some odd things to make his addon work since he doesn't have blizzard's tools.

Jag

I wonder if oQueue got better for DPS. It used to take forever to get a Garrosh group and usually it was one that had already wiped a bunch leading to a no kill. I eventually gave up trying to get an Heirloom and unsubscribed. I'll be playing Wildstar until the xpac.

Second Tillers Farm Status: ACQUIRED

Gotta see if I can get 3rd/4th today. Should be able to get them by tomorrow at least. 5th will probably take at least a day after that.

Also finished the Molten Front unlocks for the mount. Still need RNG daily achievements to get the title though. :/

Oh, and finally completed Stormbreaker today as well.

There is a lot of carries for garrosh in my server recently and a lot of challenges groups trying to sell me a carry but If I ask for a gold challenge group they already have a mage, buuuuu

Milennia

There is a lot of carries for garrosh in my server recently and a lot of challenges groups trying to sell me a carry but If I ask for a gold challenge group they already have a mage, buuuuu

they deny you a carry? or just a group in general?

frost is strong as shit in challenge modes, one of the best specs you could bring.
i would suggest running with some guildies, preferably people who haven't done it before.

the official forums have a pretty great cross realm CM thread as well, vert active.
its filled with people willing to take on newcomers to CMs (if your spec is appropriate that is).

i will never find a group for my shadow priest unless i heal, which i don't much like doing lol... would have to pull some favors.

the last time i did CMs was on my main, and that was 1 week after we finished t14 progress... so that would be around 2/5/2013
back then we didn't have bis lists etc, we just used what we had and specced appropriately, its much easier now, especially with all the guides etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom