• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The sad part is how much longer/more difficult it is to do LFR vs. Normal/Flex.

I get that the LFRs are typically lower skilled players or alts etc but jesus.

Also lol @ increasing enrage timer for Garrosh to 25 fucking minutes.

strafer

Woah

Hello, this is Chris Robinson , senior artistic director of World of Warcraft. We will discuss in this new edition of Artcraft a project that is currently in the embryonic stage of development : accessories classes. This is already a while we think our character classes lack of customization options of their appearance and the players seem to share this view with us. WoW Hunters let fly arrows that appear out of invisible quiver . Druids speak passionately mystical objects they call idols , shamans evoke mysterious totems and librams seem sorely missed my paladin .

If the times found some of the objects involved in the location of relic disappeared today , nobody ever saw on the characters. We recently reflected on ways to reintroduce the game this type of visual customization class with accessories whose characteristics are purely cosmetic . And although they do not appear in the game for some time, we decided to give you an overview of our preliminary artistic concepts and asked Owen Landgren , our guru of design objects, tell you a little more about their operation.

Before I show you the result of our work , we wish to emphasize that this is only a first concept version and you probably can get these accessories in the game after having faced the Horde Iron . This article is simply to inform you that we have already harnessed to the development of this feature , which we know is important to you heart . So without further ado here is some of our concepts for you to feast your eyes!

As you can see, there is currently only accessories for the Alliance. We believe differentiate later by assigning the colors of the Horde or Alliance if we deem necessary. Moreover, if we are to create specific accessories formerly holding classes of relics, we also have big plans for all classes. That said, do not hesitate to give us your ideas and suggestions!

"We would like accessories class are rewarding players for their exploits in World of Warcraft, either for simply gained a level, completed a major challenge, or struck a formidable raid bosses. Players will have access to a wide range of accessories, but some rare items to be acquired by providing additional effort. "
Owen Landgren, game designer

Chris here, to conclude. Again, this is where ideas and preliminary concepts, but we nevertheless hope that you enjoyed discovering. We know that many of you are eagerly waiting to be able to further customize their characters and we will continue to share our progress. Thank you for your attention!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/blog/14167550

So my guild has been up to normal Garrosh for almost a month now and we just can't seem to get him past more than one or two empowered add phases. It's very frustrating. We're all 550-560. Any tips?

mclem

So my guild has been up to normal Garrosh for almost a month now and we just can't seem to get him past more than one or two empowered add phases. It's very frustrating. We're all 550-560. Any tips?

Where and how do things start going wrong?

The bit that caused a breakthrough for us actually came about due to circumstance - because of the numbers available, we single-tanked, and we found it very effective. Not for the usual reason of an extra DPS - single-tanking gave us scope to bring an extra healer, giving more leeway on the more brutal healing moments.

strafer

Please don't all cost real money.

“We envision that class accessories will be rewarded from a variety of accomplishments in World of Warcraft. These could be as simple as attaining a new level, or as monumental as conquering a vicious raid boss. We want each player to have access to multiple accessories, but have some rarer accessories that take more effort to obtain.”

strafer

So regarding Brawlers Guild, so people can actually watch you fight these dudes?

I don't know if I wanna do that, I would freak out if some elitist were watching and calling names if I don't do well.

Can you turn it off?

Salamando

So regarding Brawlers Guild, so people can actually watch you fight these dudes?

I don't know if I wanna do that, I would freak out if some elitist were watching and calling names if I don't do well.

Can you turn it off?

No, but it's perfectly harmless. Usually if you fail a fight and someone's watching, they'll just msg you with the key to kill the boss.

ampere

Oh man those would go perfectly with class quests...

Would be a more elegant way to handle things like Warlock green fire, an item you equip rather than a toggle via an NPC.

I vote for Monks with nunchuks!

By the way:

Does anyone know if there's a way to reacquire the Brawler's Guild special shirts? Shit's taking up precious bag slots.

I don't think so, outside of the item recovery tool.

It's annoying, hoping they make tabard/shirt storage soon. I don't think it's coming with WoD though, that's just the toybox.

Fjordson

Mmm. Free upgrades to my heirloom, 569 trinkets, tier gear and a 616 cloak. Stats be goin' crazy. Already valor capped thanks to the timeless coin tokens :lol

Can you turn it off?
Can't really turn it on or off since it's just like a pit you fight in. Bound to be some dudes hanging out in there on active servers.

I wouldn't sweat it, though. I sucked ass at some of those bosses and literally failed dozens of times on certain ones, but never got flack from anyone.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, while there will be some cosmetic accessories in game, I have no doubt the cooler looking ones will be on the store. They have already dipped their toes in microtransactions. They aren't stopping anytime soon.

Yeah, while there will be some cosmetic accessories in game, I have no doubt the cooler looking ones will be on the store. They have already dipped their toes in microtransactions. They aren't stopping anytime soon.

Buy 3 Hearthstone booster packs and get a Hearthstone-themed accessory for your WoW character!
Preorder Legacy of the Void and get a custom Zel'Naga accessory!
Purchase Heroes of the Storm...currency?...and something...I dunno

The future is now.

570 iLevel now. Upgraded BiS heroic tier chest, cloak, and my Warforged Tail Tip (since we won't be getting to Thok for awhile.)

Saving the rest for the moment, will decide after this week's raid depending on if I get upgrades.

And Ask Mr. Robot is broken at the moment with the new upgrades. Super annoying since I can't see if I need to tweak any gems/reforges. I know I'm now slightly over hit and expertise cap when I was barely under before, but I don't know if that means I need to adjust anything.

Berordn

As long as they're class-restricted I think we're safe. The stuff they sell is usable by everyone and everything.

Conversely, if there's generic cosmetic pieces that you can equip in the same way then I have no doubt they'll be on the store.

In Heroes of the Storm, they charge 7 dollars to remove Arthas's helmet skin.

They've gotten that stingy.

How much does junk like that cost in LoL/Dota 2? I'm unaware of the general economies of such games.

What I do know is everything in WoW's cash shop is ridiculously overpriced. The customer base is well primed to view something under $10 as a steal.

Salamando

How much does junk like that cost in LoL/Dota 2? I'm unaware of the general economies of such games.

What I do know is everything in WoW's cash shop is ridiculously overpriced. The customer base is well primed to view something under $10 as a steal.

Looking at the LoL champion Kayle...a pallet swap skin cost 520 RP, a helmetless skin cost 975 RP, and a "legendary" skin costs 1820 RP. 1390 RP cost $10, bringing their prices to $3.76, $7.06, and $13.19, respectively.

Milennia

ok, so i capped in 30 minuts and only had enough from the following week to upgrade 3 items.

weapon-trinkets.

i regret upgrading immerseus kinda.. since it didn't up the amp percentage.... but meh.

brought me up 2 ilvls, but just like before.. i have too much hit on my gear, so i opted to go for 14.94% hit instead of cap since thats my optimal build as of now... hope it doesn't fuck me.

on the upside.. looking at a 588 ilvl weapon feels good.

ok, so i capped in 30 minuts and only had enough from the following week to upgrade 3 items.

weapon-trinkets.

i regret upgrading immerseus kinda.. since it didn't up the amp percentage.... but meh.

Honestly I want to upgrade my Assurance of Consequence more than I want to upgrade my cloak. Extra 3.3% cooldown reduction and a fatter proc vs ~80 across 3 stats and 145 agility. The trinket is just so damn useful.

Peachpies

the percentage shown in the tooltip on the amp trinkets is a rounded value when you upgrade them they do increase your stats more but the tooltip won't always change

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everything I want to upgrade(weapons and trinkets), I want to get heroic versions of...

Guess I could use it on my ring if nothing drops tomorrow.

upgrading the cloak just gives 30 of each raw stat, there are way better upgrades, such as your trinkets or even bis chest/helm.

Yeah I just did the math. 4 extra seconds off Shadow Blades CD and an extra 2 off Vendetta's CD, plus Cloak/Sprint at 41 seconds each. I'm never throwing this trinket away.

I'd have upgraded my Evil Eye but it's only normal Warforged and doing so doesn't get it to the magical 50%+ reduction. Especially since we have H: Galakras on farm, I'll get one (possibly HWF) eventually.

ampere

Yeah I just did the math. 4 extra seconds off Shadow Blades CD and an extra 2 off Vendetta's CD, plus Cloak/Sprint at 41 seconds each. I'm never throwing this trinket away.

Man that sounds insane.

One of my favorite things about raiding on my Rogue in Cataclysm was how you could take almost no damage when playing smart. Feint + Cloak is beastmode.

strafer

I hope when all the new races have been revealed that they have a free of charge race change, would be awesome of Blizz to do this.

Where and how do things start going wrong?

The bit that caused a breakthrough for us actually came about due to circumstance - because of the numbers available, we single-tanked, and we found it very effective. Not for the usual reason of an extra DPS - single-tanking gave us scope to bring an extra healer, giving more leeway on the more brutal healing moments.

Hard to pinpoint. I think it's a combination of not spreading quick enough before empowered and not stacking back quick enough for heals

ampere

I hope when all the new races have been revealed that they have a free of charge race change, would be awesome of Blizz to do this.

Doubt it, but it'd be awesome. I want to make my Priest a male Dwarf, but I'm waiting for 6.0 so I can pick how he looks. Free would be nice :p

Also switch my Monk to Gnome. I love Gnomes, but their animations for Monks looked sooooo inferior to Pandaren I just couldn't do it.

Bizazedo

Hard to pinpoint. I think it's a combination of not spreading quick enough before empowered and not stacking back quick enough for heals

Is your raid leader constantly talking / warning before the empowered whirlwind is coming? A lot of times this helps focus the raid if the raid leader is talking constantly imo.

strafer

Doubt it, but it'd be awesome. I want to make my Priest a male Dwarf, but I'm waiting for 6.0 so I can pick how he looks. Free would be nice :p

Also switch my Monk to Gnome. I love Gnomes, but their animations for Monks looked sooooo inferior to Pandaren I just couldn't do it.

Why must you be so negative.

haven't you killed Sha of Doubt?

They WILL give us a free race change.

They have before.

Asked the guild master about the challenges he said "maybe on friday" while he was on Flex 2 with his friends, oh lol

Also heroic tank monk in LFR, take that garrosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom