• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Yogg 0 lights is one of the biggest reasons I'm looking forward to the new gear upgrades :lol can never get past the last 2-3% when soloing him in my current gear.

Yogg 0 lights is one of the biggest reasons I'm looking forward to the new gear upgrades :lol can never get past the last 2-3% when soloing him in my current gear.

Hardest part is/was the brain room. At least last time I did it and was duoing.

I don't know if I have the patience to clear all those bosses each week for a mere shot at Mim's head though. At least with Onyxia, etc. it's quick.

And can you solo Thorim now or was that not put in yet? Cause there's no point soloing Yogg if I'm gonna need another person to get there anyway.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I don't know if I have the patience to clear all those bosses each week for a mere shot at Mim's head though. At least with Onyxia, etc. it's quick.

And can you solo Thorim now or was that not put in yet? Cause there's no point soloing Yogg if I'm gonna need another person to get there anyway.

You can 'exploit' it, but I just invite a guildie who doesn't care about mounts.

I'm going to try to save a lockout so I don't have to do all the bosses leading up each week and can just go straight to yogg.

ampere

I wonder if I can solo Yogg 25 no light now. Monk tank or dps 571 ilevel. I think the main problem is getting sanity bursted down in phase 2 when solo, not sure if that was ever fixed.

Fjordson

There are tricks to getting through Thorim solo I think? But I just multi box with my cousin's account for that fight and use one of his alts for a few minutes.

The brain room goes smoothly for me, but once I pop out I just can't do quite enough DPS to finish Yogg before all the adds kill me.

I wonder if I can solo Yogg 25 no light now. Monk tank or dps 571 ilevel. I think the main problem is getting sanity bursted down in phase 2 when solo, not sure if that was ever fixed.
You could I bet. I'm super close in 564 gear.

And I don't even remember Yogg mechanics so I'm not sure what it means to burst down sanity, but it's super easy. Just kill tentacles for a bit, can knock the brain out in like 15 seconds your first time down there, and then it's just a matter or finishing Yogg off before the adds kill you.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Since raid IDs are different than how they were in WOTLK, I assume now I can just get on my Monk who's saved before Yogg. Invite my friend who accepts the lockout. Log out, switch to my main, join and kill Yogg then just extend the Ulduar raid for another week on my alt?

Nice. Also best thing about new guild? We raid on Wednesdays, so I don't have to worry about the server being up.

Now do I double upgrade all my shit or wait and save some valor for my raid nights?

Guess I can spend at least 1k so I'm not capped. Certainly can do cloak and heroic chest which are irreplaceable. Maybe my warforged Tail Tip if it increases the amp by another percent or two, rather than just the proc, since we won't be on H: Thok for awhile.

Gotta save some I guess if I get a new weapon(s) off Norushen though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gotta save some I guess if I get a new weapon(s) off Norushen though.

dja4UZ0.gif

Milennia

people are complaining about only having 2k vp for the patch -.-

i just finished upgrading my last MS item and only have 610 lol.

Milennia

Heroic Scenarios cap you faster than any other activity in the history of WoW. Should not be hard to get 1k in a single night.

i have capped in under an hour every week for the last 2 months that i have been back to the game.

thats how long it took me to get my non HWF bis fully upgraded.

the issue is not having enough valor in a week to get, not how fast i can cap it lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They really need to put H Scenario LFG in there and just have a slightly higher ilvl requirement. It's as stupidly easy as Heroic 5 mans.

edit: Assassination finally became amazing at 60. Cloak and dagger chaining ambushes into envenoms which passively gives me slice n dice full cap every time is nuts. And in a few levels, I get my passive free dispatch

Milennia

So first 3k is: MH/OH, Helm, Shoulders, Chest and Legs
Next 1k is what? Belt/Feet? Trinkets depending on class?

should be -

weapon
trinkets
cloak
WF/HWF
tier
off pieces.

as its always been, if it gives you spell power/straight damage, or increases a proc, its valued higher.
especially in a world where amp trinkets exist, upgrading them is imperative.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm thinking this week I get Heroic chest and heroic assurance. And maybe a heroic seismic bore.

lol i'll get some crappy sidegrade instead. And two of our dps are on break so we're bringing in our 2 rogues. 4 melee 2 ranged. Malkorok will be fun.

Milennia

Now for the hard hitting questions.

Which transmog to present to raid this week.....

challenge mode - meh
one of the 4 mage T8 sets - either the purple or blue
T11 heroic
blue merciless season 2 mage- meh

So I grinded out all the Pandaren cooking finally for "Master of the Ways" title. Probably wouldn't do it again. And I was looking up the cooking school bell, and that shit was designed by sadists. Not only do you have to have 50 tokens to buy the fucking thing, but it takes like 35 days to get him to exalted, and another month+ to make a return on the initial investment. Not sure if worth this late into the expansion. Especially with the daily commitment involved to get there.

I just shudder thinking about doing it on more than one character. The investment is rather massive.

ampere

Now for the hard hitting questions.

Which transmog to present to raid this week.....

challenge mode - meh
one of the 4 mage T8 sets - either the purple or blue
T11 heroic
blue merciless season 2 mage- meh

I'm totally enamored by the Mage challenge mode art set so I'd say that. For some reason the gameplay of WoW Mage never hooked me though, so mine is just a bank alt.

So I grinded out all the Pandaren cooking finally for "Master of the Ways" title. Probably wouldn't do it again. And I was looking up the cooking school bell, and that shit was designed by sadists. Not only do you have to have 50 tokens to buy the fucking thing, but it takes like 35 days to get him to exalted, and another month+ to make a return on the initial investment. Not sure if worth this late into the expansion. Especially with the daily commitment involved to get there.

I just shudder thinking about doing it on more than one character. The investment is rather massive.

Actually ended up doing it on two of mine... second one was just using a mass of cooking tokens from my main though. Figured might as well get the second Nomi so I'd get two daily quests done a day just for logging on

Entropia

No One Remembers

I got completely turned off by cooking this expansion.

Milennia

I'm totally enamored by the Mage challenge mode art set so I'd say that. For some reason the gameplay of WoW Mage never hooked me though, so mine is just a bank alt.

Actually ended up doing it on two of mine... second one was just using a mass of cooking tokens from my main though. Figured might as well get the second Nomi so I'd get two daily quests done a day just for logging on

i generally like the challenge mode set as well, i just don't use it because i feel its ridiculously common at this point lol.

when its removed from the game in 6.0 it will probably become my main transmog, its just that i see it everywhere right now.

Fjordson

I wonder if oQueue got better for DPS. It used to take forever to get a Garrosh group and usually it was one that had already wiped a bunch leading to a no kill. I eventually gave up trying to get an Heirloom and unsubscribed. I'll be playing Wildstar until the xpac.
In my limited use it seems it's better. Just right now I'm seeing over a dozen Garrosh groups that aren't full on DPS and at least 15 or so more with a wait list.

But I'm lucky in that my server is massive and like 70% alliance, so I mostly want to use oQueue for stuff like world bosses and other random stuff. The high population makes it pretty easy to find a SoO pug in trade.

Same here actually. Food is super useful for PvE obviously and noodle carts and whatnot are a neat idea, so I got to 600, but I had some trouble keeping up on mats for that stuff. Wasn't sure if I was doing it wrong or something, it was just sort of a drag. I gave up going for the title and everything else and basically stopped after I could make agility food for myself.

Well I only had strength food at 600 until like yesterday. Never bothered before but I had some spare gold and free time. I did it in the end, but like I said, I wouldn't do it again.

I might end up going for Nomi anyway since I'm back to 30 tokens after doing some fishing. Could sell the mats from turning them in, but gold is transient and it would only be a couple thousand at most.

So I fished some more and got a cooking school bell for Nomi access.

#yolo

(Not doing it again though).

Still don't have a fucking sea turtle.

And since I spent something like 600+ fish in the past day or two on Ironpaw Tokens that have now gone down the drain, I think I'm gonna go back to mining as my farming activity.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Whew, got my crappy Enhance shaman a second axe tonight from Garry normals! I sped him through LFR tonight and got his final sigil for the legendary quest line tonight. So many horrible players tonight, lol. But it was worth it! Quick kill on the Sha of Fear and I'm ready to continue.

I race changed him from a panda to an orc, just for the super big CM set shoulders, they're so funny on male orcs.

witness

So I've decided to go with my shaman as my main alt to my warlock. My shaman is 75 now, he use to be my main that I raided with back in BC. I decided to wait to level up my pally and DK who are sitting at 86 each, my hunter at 83, and shadow priest at 82. I have too many alts, three more in their mid 40s, so I'm going to concentrate on just one. Enhancement has just always been so much fun to play, the most fun melee class for me.

Can't say I'm excited to finish off these last 5 in WotLK and then the 5 in Cata but whatever. I am going to race change him from a Draenei to a panda though, and I am finally starting to get rid of my BC epics. Feels good.

Dot50Cal

Banned
lol jesus

Was just in a Nazgrim before reset. He never moved from 7%, getting healing totem'ed by the two shamans that were up from the double wave. So happy this is changing. People in LFR can barely handle 1 wave of the adds. Two is so close to a death sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom