• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I abandoned a few characters and keep them for just alts. Most of them have 40k-50k coins just sitting on them. Going to use one a week for a while to just get the valor boost to cap out quicker.

Oh I get it. I thought you had some source of that many coins that didn't already eat half an hour of your time, like the monkey gamble was paying out again or something. Starting from zero it would be no time savings at all lol.

Dot50Cal

Banned
So my guild has been up to normal Garrosh for almost a month now and we just can't seem to get him past more than one or two empowered add phases. It's very frustrating. We're all 550-560. Any tips?

Don't stand in the purple swirls , spread out, everyone pop a cooldown. If a swirl spawns under you, thats your add. You kill it as soon as it spawns. After you kill it, look for one thats on someone else near you and kill it too. Healers will need help with theirs.

Our biggest issue was people standing in purple swirls. Some didn't realize it hit you for around 350k.

Up to 578 now after upgrading :D
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Urhzoth/simple

I think I will move my draenei shaman to horde side, my pvp server is full of horde players so yeah, celestials and ordos were a carnage today

OMG someone updated Shadowcraft. Someone cares!

Also, capped valor in 20 seconds, it's a surreal feeling.

How? Also I would upgrade my SoO trinket since I dont like using the shadopan one

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone else's WoW completely fucked right now? Like launcher takes 5-8 minutes to launch the game. ALl the character backgrounds are Org. Characters getting stuck in instances.

Apparently I'm not the only one.

JSoup

Banned
Haven't that had, but every time I've logged in today my latency has been over 6000, so the game is basically unplayable.

So for some reason got obsessed with this today:

Wanted to make 100 pandaren treasure noodle carts. Takes an absurd amount of mats/materials. Fished/farmed a lot except for the vegetables which I mostly bought. Sunk maybe 7k into it so far. Only missing the 60x Black Pepper and 60x Rice Flour now. Once I get them via buying/farming token trades, I stand to make about 20k revenue with maybe 4-6k profit.

Interesting project, but in all honesty probably not worth the time. So far in that I'm committed to follow through with it now though.

Gained 3 ilvl today from upgrading things. Really wanted to find a raid with more heroics this week but I felt obligated to run with the same guild I did last week. I really wanted heroic Immerseus since I'm still using the flex trinket from him but they don't think he's the easiest heroic boss. Trinket didn't drop and I rolled gold for him anyways. We did heroic Norushen (who I won bracers from but I can't use until I upgrade them) and we tried heroic Galakras which apparently they've killed before. We only got about 5 attempts in around an hour and a half because of constant afks and never got to the second tower. Then one of the tanks basically ninja logs (says "afk sleep" and dc's) half an hour before the raid ends and we have to call it there. A few people aren't gonna make the raid tonight so I'm not sure if we're going to keep trying heroic or do normal.

mclem

Hard to pinpoint. I think it's a combination of not spreading quick enough before empowered and not stacking back quick enough for heals

As soon as we've dealt with the MCs I order people away; then they wait for the weapon while being responsible for the adds that spawn on them, and regroup in time for the next MC. Second time around the weapon comes a bit sooner and that does cause some disruption (trying to kill adds while trying to keep them away from other adds) - we generally have our most success when we can push him into P3 after the first emp. WW.

strafer

Something is wrong, I can login but I see no NPC's or players..I have 200 FPS in Orgrimmar.

I can't mount, it's like insane lag happening, and I can't logout.

I must ctrl alt del

:(

I love perusing this thread for the feels. I haven't been playing for a while, but every time I pop into the wow thread the urge to start playing again returns. If ever there was a scenario where I could only take one game with me on an island, but I did have a good internet connection for some reason, wow would easily be my game of choice, no question.

CassSept

Something is wrong, I can login but I see no NPC's or players..I have 200 FPS in Orgrimmar.

I can't mount, it's like insane lag happening, and I can't logout.

I must ctrl alt del

:(

Yep, sounds like lag. Sad you can't mount though, if you're mounted when the lag happens when you dismount the mount disappears and you swim through air at 310% and can explore the world. It's fun. Fuuuun.

Milennia

my shit was really fucked up yesterday before that patch they dropped after the major patch.

like everything, even my characters jumping animation lol.

witness

I was hoping to do some timeless isle stuff this morning before work since I didn't play last night and of course there was something wrong. No mobs or npcs. Then I logged into my shaman who's in Zul drak and everything was fine.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well raid went a lot better loot-wise than last time. There was definitely some healer aggro for having so many melee but we got up to Thok.

Managed to get
HWF belt(tho bis for hunters not enhance. still an up)
H Fist weapon(already 4/4d it)
H tier gloves
H Malkorok ring
H Nazgrim boots

not bad compared to last weeks astounding one drop. oh and norushens heroic shield for ele set

Milennia

i didn't get a single damn upgrade this week due to shit drops lol.

no shaman boots again etc etc.

one shot every boss though, as well as finished in about 3 hours which was nice.
dps is just stupidly high with these upgrades.

oh actually.... the heroic war forged ring dropped off of thok, but we all just rolled for it since so many people needed it...

of course a warlock won it lol.

Got some progress with my Pally alt but garrosh trolled me and give me two items that I already have, Monk still getting gold from celestials and ordos; And my main got pvp gear from the celestials still saving some coins when I will go to flex with my guild.

I think I reached the point to progress with my mage or let her stuck in those stats and focus on my alts, I want to go to Normal and heroic but dunno I got kinda overwhelmed in Flex mechanics with the last three SoO bosses

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i didn't get a single damn upgrade this week due to shit drops lol.

no shaman boots again etc etc.

one shot every boss though, as well as finished in about 3 hours which was nice.
dps is just stupidly high with these upgrades.

oh actually.... the heroic war forged ring dropped off of thok, but we all just rolled for it since so many people needed it...

of course a warlock won it lol.

oh i meant to take a screen of the toxic treads dropping today

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well if it makes you feel better, I have a feeling it'll be a long time before I see Immerseus neck. And even if I do, I gotta fight the new druid tank for it.

RPGCrazied

I have 3 alliance, and 7 horde. Love to change my warrior over to horde. That is if they allow that on whisperwind for free sometime.

ampere

I have 3 alliance, and 7 horde. Love to change my warrior over to horde. That is if they allow that on whisperwind for free sometime.

Looks like they are only doing Horde -> Alliance, at least for US. They're trying to make the regionwide Horde/Alliance ratio closer to 1:1.

Milennia

trying to soft reset icc to farm precious and i made the grave mistake of putting it on heroic and accepting the lock -.- now i can only kill her once every 30mins as opposed to twice...

Finally got the chance to try one of the CM, the one with the giant Kovok.

after several tries in the first batch of mobs we passed them and reach the bomb mantid but the healer wasnt aware of bombs and died several times till the healer give up.

Finally got the chance to try one of the CM, the one with the giant Kovok.

after several tries in the first batch of mobs we passed them and reach the bomb mantid but the healer wasnt aware of bombs and died several times till the healer give up.

oof yeah if you don't even understand the basic mechanics of the fight in normal/heroic mode the CM is going to be downright impossible. Several boss fights on CM mode even add mechanics to fuck with you. People really have to do their homework before even setting foot in there or you're no better off than a guy in greens in a heroic raid.

Had 2 people that couldn't make the raid on time so we decided to do flex achievements instead. Fuck the Immerseus one so much. We BARELY got it because we hit enrage. Rest of them in the wing were easy since we're all really geared. I had to log for a bit after that and missed the only boss I needed the achievement from in the wing (Iron Juggernaut) but I think I can pug that one pretty easily unless the achievement is different than what I'm thinking. We're gonna hopefully continue tomorrow. I need all 3 in the 3rd wing and Paragons as well.

Fjordson

Oh my fucking god. I finally down Yogg 0 lights for the first time and Mimiron's Head drops....HOLY SHIT. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it.

I know no one cares, but I had to tell someone (and my wife is asleep). Definitely never gotten remotely this lucky with a mount drop before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom