• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Starting June 17, you’ll be able to pre-purchase World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Standard Edition at selected retail outlets across Europe.

Picking up a special Standard Edition pre-purchase box ahead of the expansion’s release this Fall will let you upgrade your account to Warlords of Draenor immediately. And of course, this gives you a level 90 character boost which you can use any time you like! These pre-purchase boxes, which are only available before the game comes out, don’t include a game disc, but instead everything is linked to the digital code inside. Apply it to your Battle.net account before release, and all the content will automagically download through the Battle.net app so you’ll be able to play Warlords of Draenor as soon as it’s released. Oh—and there’s a cool poster inside too.

Pre-purchase copies of Warlords of Draenor will go on sale June 17 at selected European retailers—a detailed list will be provided at a later time. Warlords of Draenor is also available for pre-purchase via Battle.net, where you can also find out about the Digital Deluxe Edition – and we’ll have news about the Collector’s Edition soon too! Well, not very soon. But soon-ish.
Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10763376323#1

I wonder what this means for beta/launch.

Also, the list of retailers is in that thread now.

CassSept

You reading the 6.0 changes? In that case don't worry, every class is getting nerfed, they had to change because of the item squish.

Pretty much everyones damage was nerfed. Going by the new combo system, lack of glancing blows, and the 100 talents, Rogues should be the last people complaining.

Oh no I know I know, but honestly Crimson Tempest is useless. In theory it would be a cool thing to use, but it has absolutely no purpose as of now and that's why I'm complaining about that nerf :)

Rösti;113113486 said:
Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10763376323#1

I wonder what this means for beta/launch.

Also, the list of retailers is in that thread now.

Interesting. I like having boxed copies so I didn't buy previous xpacs digitally, probably will consider it now.

witness

Reading through the patch notes for 6.0 and I'm glad they're getting rid of the requirement for enhancement shammies to always use a searing totem. Pretty annoying when you're quickly running through aoe packs and then realize oh shit I didn't drop it the past few times. Though I do remember the fun back in BC of having to drop 4 totems constantly. I got the shammy up to 78 now and put on some cata greens. Excited to get this guy through the rest of northrend and Cata so I can level through MoP for the first time.

I have been sending my alts any if those BoA 496 drops that my warlock finds on the Isle. That's pretty good motivation to level those characters knowing as soon as they hit 90 they can equip epics.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, I guess they spent all their creative juice on tier 17 Warrior
tier17Shaman.jpg

This Shaman tier fucking sucks. Do want the CM shield though.

I need some of those challenge mode weapons in my life.

Also, finally got Best Friends with Nat Pagle today. His hat and chair are finally mine!

Only fishing-related item I'm missing at this point is that fucking sea turtle.

ampere

I like the tornados on the shoulders, looks like windfury.

I like some of the challenge mode weapons, but I really need to see the armor. Will it match sets well is the question

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The CM weapons look WAY too Draenei other than the staff and the tank shield. Hate that fake sci-fi theme that comes with Draenei. Worst 'theme' in the game.

I don't think the WoD pre order thing means much, they're probably bleeding subs right now and want some cash flow. I was hoping for july but we're entering june now without an open beta so nope.

Berordn

I don't think the WoD pre order thing means much, they're probably bleeding subs right now and want some cash flow. I was hoping for july but we're entering june now without an open beta so nope.

December 20 is starting to sound optimistic.

Just as well for me, got plenty else to play this year and the guild's kind of falling apart.

StMeph

I doubt cash is an issue. Subscription numbers declining had to have been expected, especially at the tail end of an expansion. There was already a big surge in pre-orders with the early access level 90 boost, and it's not like Blizzard is hurting for money with the recent Diablo expansion release.

The rate of Alpha going to Beta is slower than most expected though. That one's not a good sign.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I doubt cash is an issue. Subscription numbers declining had to have been expected, especially at the tail end of an expansion. There was already a big surge in pre-orders with the early access level 90 boost, and it's not like Blizzard is hurting for money with the recent Diablo expansion release.
Not to mention Hearthstone is blowing up. And I wouldn't be surprised to hear if HotS was doing well for them as well even this early in.

Milennia

Yeah, I guess they spent all their creative juice on tier 17 Warrior

This Shaman tier fucking sucks. Do want the CM shield though.

That shit looks like it could have been an ulduar drop lol

Most of the cm stuff looks really ulduar to me, like the off hand and the gun.

I just suffered through the worst LFR 2. I think I may have started to catch cancer. But it was worth it cause I got a runestone off Nazgrim.

6/12 on my Lock now.

If things go well, I should finish next lockout, but it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks either way.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That shit looks like it could have been an ulduar drop lol

Most of the cm stuff looks really ulduar to me, like the off hand and the gun.

The hand and the gun, sure. All the other stuff looks like Exodar bs though. I've said this before, and I'll say this unpopular opinion again. I think BC has some of the worst designs in the history of WoW. It's pretty much where WoW got the 'skittles' and 'cartoony' moniker from. All the tier sets looked like comic book superheroes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The more I level this rogue, the less interested in it I become. Which is usually the opposite of leveling for me. CnD is fun. Ever since then? Boring skills. Boring playstyle in pve. Boring boring. Would rather be playing a Brewmaster or Prot Warrior or something.

Think I'm beginning to accept that I can't seriously play anything except my Shaman.

Milennia

The hand and the gun, sure. All the other stuff looks like Exodar bs though. I've said this before, and I'll say this unpopular opinion again. I think BC has some of the worst designs in the history of WoW. It's pretty much where WoW got the 'skittles' and 'cartoony' moniker from. All the tier sets looked like comic book superheroes.

i too, dislike BC designs.

i prefer almost the entirety of the WOTLK design set.
in terms of my own class, cataclysm also hit it right on the head.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My old guild wants to do a '70s only' offshoot guild for some fun on the side. I'm kind of really tempted since I never raided during BC. Before the stat crunch, if we do it though, we'll be doing like 16-17 people in the raid because of the ridiculous scaling.

Monk heal is really fun to use, so much diversity to handle and proper healing unlike the old vanilla healers.

But still its feels like you have to do so much mechanics for the healing you receive

My old guild wants to do a '70s only' offshoot guild for some fun on the side. I'm kind of really tempted since I never raided during BC. Before the stat crunch, if we do it though, we'll be doing like 16-17 people in the raid because of the ridiculous scaling.

Even without BoA gear is shouldn't be that hard between all the new abilities and scaling changes over the years, plus the massive nerf BC raids got in 3.0.

witness

Well that was demoralizing. Just finished a LFR where we ended up wiping twice in a row on Garrosh in the last phase because they just couldn't wrap their heads around stopping the mc'd people in the last phase. I'll try again tomorrow. I liked the dungeon though, fun mechanics and fights. Ended up getting a new ring which was nice.

Fjordson

Reading through the patch notes for 6.0 and I'm glad they're getting rid of the requirement for enhancement shammies to always use a searing totem. Pretty annoying when you're quickly running through aoe packs and then realize oh shit I didn't drop it the past few times. Though I do remember the fun back in BC of having to drop 4 totems constantly. I got the shammy up to 78 now and put on some cata greens. Excited to get this guy through the rest of northrend and Cata so I can level through MoP for the first time.

I have been sending my alts any if those BoA 496 drops that my warlock finds on the Isle. That's pretty good motivation to level those characters knowing as soon as they hit 90 they can equip epics.
As someone who is just now getting into playing an enhance shaman, that's definitely a great change to me. I never like those kinds of automatic abilities. Where you don't even think and just use them because it's required and automatic. Might as well be passive or something.

strafer

Has anyone had the pet drop from the Jademist Dancer on Timeless Isle? I have killed 156 of those sons a bitches and not a single drop.

According to the addon Rarity I have a 54% chance. Yeah right.

Fjordson

Has anyone had the pet drop from the Jademist Dancer on Timeless Isle? I have killed 156 of those sons a bitches and not a single drop.

According to the addon Rarity I have a 54% chance. Yeah right.
Yes. Took me a while also, though. Killed a mountain of those things before I saw it.

The amount of people who wants to be carried and do nothing in LFR is to damn high, also a lot of desesperate DPSs pulling without the tank are increasing

The amount of people who wants to be carried and do nothing in LFR is to damn high, also a lot of desesperate DPSs pulling without the tank are increasing

I'd love for them to have some sort of internal "usefulness" counter to catch people that don't play in groups properly. It could be some sort of scale determined by ilvl and doesn't need to be anything too crazy to have people at max efficiency but when you see someone pulling 50k and they're at a higher ilvl than yourself and you're able to do 150k it's obvious they're not trying. And if it's a situation of someone trying but they simply don't know how to play their class well they'd know by receiving a warning about poor behavior in which case they can figure out what they're doing wrong that's lowering their output so much.

At least this is how I figure something like that should work in my head. I'm sure there's other, better implementations but they really do need to sort out something to fix it so people can't be lazy and get carried through LFR. Or even heroic dungeons. Just annoys me when I'm zipping through those for some quick valor and I see someone well geared doing nothing and it feels like I'm the only DPS in the place.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm surprised LFR doesn't have a 'Call to Arms: Geared DPS' option, but all that does is make people more likely to want to be carried in the future. It's why I hope there's not some cloak style 'go do lfr for old content to gt drops' thing in WoD. So hopefully it will weed out the LFR people who just want to be carried and the people who want to seriously do it, gear or not.

Unrelated note: I can't believe people use sequence macros. Just seems like begging to have your rotation screwed up in an attempt to make it easier.

I'm surprised LFR doesn't have a 'Call to Arms: Geared DPS' option, but all that does is make people more likely to want to be carried in the future. It's why I hope there's not some cloak style 'go do lfr for old content to gt drops' thing in WoD. So hopefully it will weed out the LFR people who just want to be carried and the people who want to seriously do it, gear or not.

It would be cool to get Battleground-style 'bonuses' for completing PvE objectives in an environment like LFR. Interrupt a raid-crushing ability? Avoid easily avoided damage? Use a combat res? Dispel people? Get bonus valor, or gold or something. Anything to encourage the horde of LFR scrubs sexually attracted to fire or standing in front of the boss to just do better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think that Monk tier is going to be the first one to look better on something other than Pandaren.

An Orc male monk in that thing with those iron fists? Would look amazing.

ampere

I'm surprised LFR doesn't have a 'Call to Arms: Geared DPS' option

Unrelated note: I can't believe people use sequence macros. Just seems like begging to have your rotation screwed up in an attempt to make it easier.
That's a really good idea. Might not be necessary in WoD though, sounds to me that LFR will be easier.

Sequence macros worked in BC. You could literally just spam one button as a hunter. I think players who try to do them now don't realize they don't work well anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When does old pvp stuff get added to the game from the current expansion? I know you can buy all the cata sets and whatnot, but the perfect fist weapons and perfect shield for Dark Shaman are both season 12 items that aren't obtainable in the game anymore. You can only buy this season and last season.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
When does old pvp stuff get added to the game from the current expansion? I know you can buy all the cata sets and whatnot, but the perfect fist weapons and perfect shield for Dark Shaman are both season 12 items that aren't obtainable in the game anymore. You can only buy this season and last season.

Malevolent gear is crafted now.

I don't think they add weapons after the season until the next expansions usually.

I..I am speechless.....I just needed some help with kaelthas in my weekly try to get the Phoenix mount, It droped but my friend stole the mount and ran away.

I told him to not click the mount but he dit it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom