• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

aw yiss

aawwyisskopvj.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know you don't want to prattle on, but we keep getting these apps to our guild that are like 5 word answers to the app questions.

I know you don't want to prattle on, but we keep getting these apps to our guild that are like 5 word answers to the app questions.

Reading apps and judging people is the best. I don't know why, but I enjoy it.

Edit:

Also, just logged onto my old hunter from the Wrath era while checking something. Pretty glorious - has a polearm equipped and ammo/arrows in the bags still.

And thinking of making another scribe or two in prep for WoD. My Shaman has like 99% of all recipes, but I want the others for the Darkmoon Card market which is extremely profitable early on and will almost inevitably be gated by a daily CD.

Milennia

So which Orc are you most interested in meeting in WoD?

riGZFuL.png

guldan is the only one i give a shit about.

i hope grom dies and there isn't even a little bit of him left to become a boss.

blackhand dies after the first raid tier, along with kargath.

actually... i have a slight interest in nerz as well.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ner'zhul is the dude I'm most interested in, but apparently all he does is serve as the antagonist of Shadowmoon :(

I need to work on getting my DK geared. Can't solo much that takes longer than my Mirror Images last on my Mage. Have been doing 25 man Vault, Onyxia and Malygos, but I couldn't solo 25 man Yogg because of the damn constrictor tentacles and I haven't tried ICC yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I need to work on getting my DK geared. Can't solo much that takes longer than my Mirror Images last on my Mage. Have been doing 25 man Vault, Onyxia and Malygos, but I couldn't solo 25 man Yogg because of the damn constrictor tentacles and I haven't tried ICC yet.

Are you frost? I imagine a frost mage could have his pet attack the tentacles like a hunter can.

Fjordson

As a hunter, I copied this guy's strat: http://youtu.be/LULnFSvYv0Y

Worked great for me. Read the description for the detailed walkthrough. I'm 569 ilvl, but the guy in the video was only 529 with no legendary cloak.

Took about two runs
Fuuck, Grats man. I've been running through that damn place for over a year now and still haven't seen it.

Have three chances at it every week now that I have three 90's so hopefully I'll see it soon.

Kaper

Random WoW Boss question: What raid boss would summon floating double swords with random aggro table to attack raid members?

It's killing me that I can't remember the boss.

Why are people so against forming groups when farming the frogs on Timeless Isle?

Do people not realize that the coins are shared loot?

I only farmed them for daily because I could kill them before I get more than 2 stacks on me. Otherwise I'd probably kill turtles and the elementals near them for the daily instead.

So about 12k gold later...

I maxed Blacksmithing on my Mage.

Not likely to pay off this expansion, but I made something like 35k in the last week, so the cost wasn't too terrible. Should make up a good portion of it if not exceed my previous total tonight with the raid reset market. Will definitely be nice to have though going into WoD.

In hindsight I probably should've just waited until I pre-ordered/bought the expansion for the boosted 90, but I was looking for something to do with my crippled mouse, and raising trade skills doesn't take much finesse on that part.

Only professions I'm missing now are leatherworking and maxed skinning. If I finish leveling my Rogue, that'll cover skinning, but I'm probably boosting the leatherworker. No need to have one anytime soon. Not sure if I pair that with another blacksmith, or something like another alchemist, even if that's dirt cheap to cap.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
New wallpaper for sure

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Nobody wants to meet Kargath? The most metal orc?
He even has metal hands

Hands down Ner'zhul. His story is the most compelling. I suppose Gul'dan for similar reasons, but Ner'zhul had the misfortune of being the character in Warcraft who got screwed the hardest.

Fjordson

I'm not terribly familiar with this aspect of Warcraft's lore, so I'm interested in seeing all those characters.

I know a little about Ner'zhul. I think he was transformed into the original Lich King or something by Kil'jaeden.

witness

So I got the shaman to 84 now, got almost all the way there with just clearing out hyjal and dungeon runs. Bought a few level 83 pandaran auction house items, not too many though just a couple of one handers and a few pieces of armor. Pretty insane dps spike after that gear, you can just destroy things in dungeons and one or two shot mobs while questing. Can't say enough of how much fun that spec is.

Didn't touch my warlock at all the past few days because I'm having too much fun leveling. Now that everything is reset again I'll jump back into LFR to finish SoO finally this week. There's really nothing else I want to do with him, I'm already bored with the timeless isle and heroics are just zergings done in 15 minutes to get justice points for heirlooms.

I also messed around with my warrior tank, level 49. While I love instantly getting into dungeons, and it's nice to get compliments from groups of good tanking and damage, it's so stressful. I love being that integral and the leader basically, but I don't think I can do it for another 41 levels. After just doing this with my shaman, I don't think I can level AGAIN through BC, Northrend, and Cata zones. I might just end up buying a level 90 warrior because I really do enjoy the class and it's nice to finally play the other plate class.

Diodiablo

Banned
Random WoW Boss question: What raid boss would summon floating double swords with random aggro table to attack raid members?

It's killing me that I can't remember the boss.

If I recall correctly is Prince Malchezaar, in Kharazan, but he summons double axes, not swords.

What's the fastest way to level 88-90 now?

I tried killing the worms in Timeless Isle but kept getting PK'd and/or pulling NPCs that were way too powerful for me to handle. Also, I'm a Spriest so AOE is out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really do hope sword and board dps warrior becomes a thing with Glad stance. We'll see if it's anything more than just a way for prot warriors to do quest though.

ampere

You can skip him too now.

Wait, really? You can do Yogg just fine without fighting Thorim? Damn, that's nice.

New wallpaper for sure

Haven't seen this green fella in a while!

I really do hope sword and board dps warrior becomes a thing with Glad stance. We'll see if it's anything more than just a way for prot warriors to do quest though.

Supposedly it's a legit competitive dps spec. Considering Prot Warriors get AP from Mastery and Bonus Armor and all the other stats are dps stats they should work.

I'm actually considering playing Warrior Prot/Glad depending on what version of it makes live. It'd be so easy to swap between tanking and dps, and you'd keep the tank CDs for personal survival.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I'm feeling hardcore burnout now D: I'd like to stop raiding all together, but our guild is still struggling on Siegecrafter. The best we got him to was 44% before it went to shit. People still keep putting things in the wrong places after 180+ wipes :(

Fularu

Banned
I need a raiding group on Mal'Ganis. Since I've been away a few months it's almost impossible to find a group now :/ (and no I have no intention to leave my guild)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom