• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corsick

Been leveling a warrior so far as it's the class I played the most before quitting for like 3 expansions worth of time. I was thinking of starting an alt for when I get a bit burned out on my warrior. I've been considering a hunter, warlock or paladin. Any suggestions in terms of what would be most fun and different? Thanks.

Fjordson

I want this
tumblr_n63qog1miB1sidx5ko4_400.gif
Holy shit. Need that on my hunter.

Been leveling a warrior so far as it's the class I played the most before quitting for like 3 expansions worth of time. I was thinking of starting an alt for when I get a bit burned out on my warrior. I've been considering a hunter, warlock or paladin. Any suggestions in terms of what would be most fun and different? Thanks.

Hunters are still the easiest to level. Destruction Warlocks are fun at low levels and also not that hard. I haven't leveled a pally since WotLK so I'm not sure how they are at low levels now.

Heroic Dark Shaman down! On the last pull of the night no less.

Heroic Warforged belt dropped but I didn't bid a load on it, so someone else got it, but it's second BiS anyway.

witness

Yet another Garrosh LFR ended in disappointment yesterday as the group wiped on the mc's and the server was reset after. Didn't bother again so I got my enhance shammy to 81 now, I think I was 80 for an hour lol. Unleashed elements is fantastic, I love it. Such a fun class to play.

Did they decrease the xp amount for 80-85 because I thought that was insanely fast how I hit 81?

I want this
tumblr_n63qog1miB1sidx5ko4_400.gif

Looks like the freeze ray from Despicable Me.

Anyone want to help me out with my rogue? I'm trying to figure out which piece to replace w/ a valor purchase. I have 2720 points right now.

I was thinking of maybe getting a belt...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Tobiasfunke/simple

Get the crafted 553 belt. On a reasonably active server they shouldn't be more than 10k these days. If you're broke then yeah buy the Shadow Pan Assault belt. And upgrade your mainhand with the remaining valor.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I get that they're trying to extend the life of the tier ... somehow. But I wish they halved the valor requirements for upgrade when going to 4/4.

strafer

Man, Nazgrim is a pretty emotional fight.

I met this guy in WotLK, when he was a Sergeant in Grizzly Hills.

Now we kill him in Siege of Orgrimmar. :(

Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down. May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity...

Lok'tar old friend.

Looks like the freeze ray from Despicable Me.

Get the crafted 553 belt. On a reasonably active server they shouldn't be more than 10k these days. If you're broke then yeah buy the Shadow Pan Assault belt. And upgrade your mainhand with the remaining valor.

Good stuff, I bought the belt, upgraded mainhand 2/2

I have 553 belt now, and necklace is 540.

Would it be a good idea to start putting my valor into upgrading these? I don't see them being replaced anytime soon...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Good stuff, I bought the belt, upgraded mainhand 2/2

I have 553 belt now, and necklace is 540.

Would it be a good idea to start putting my valor into upgrading these? I don't see them being replaced anytime soon...

Unless you get extremely lucky, you will use that belt for a very long time. I only replaced it when I got a Heroic Warforged.

Unless you get extremely lucky, you will use that belt for a very long time. I only replaced it when I got a Heroic Warforged.

Thanks, got that belt to 4/4 now too.

So reading elitist jerks, seems like minimums I need are:

2550 hit
2550 expertise

I'm at:

4819 hit
1246 expertise

So looks like I need to restore a few items that I reforged for hit and get my expertise up a lot.

Ultratech

when 6.0 is launched if you haven't gotten an heirloom yet, you will get one on your first kill of garrosh.

Guaranteed on Normal or above. (Which when 6.0 hits, this is what Flex becomes, since SoO will be converted to the new Raid system.)

But yeah, they'll also be increasing the drop rate on 'em as well up until WoD hits, at which point they stop dropping.
So you can hopefully get a good chunk of the weapons until then!

Lok'tar old friend.

Yeah, I remember meeting him from the Vashj'ir questline.

Then all through Pandaria...it sucks. :(

Then again, I didn't exactly like killing Kovok either considering how I fed him and rode him around spewing acid and cutting down so many Mantid.
(At least I got him in Pet form!)

My G700 has finally given up the ghost a bit. 2 mouse buttons which were loose finally popped off. Too much Frost Strike spam :(

Should still be under warranty so I can get a replacement, but that's a bit convoluted. Probably buying a new one (G700s most likely) to tide me over as a backup until I can get sent a new one.

Lok'tar old friend.

Not as good as Deathbringer Saurfang's death.

Guaranteed on Normal or above. (Which when 6.0 hits, this is what Flex becomes, since SoO will be converted to the new Raid system.)

But yeah, they'll also be increasing the drop rate on 'em as well up until WoD hits, at which point they stop dropping.
So you can hopefully get a good chunk of the weapons until then!

I wonder if they're straight up gonig to nerf SoO into the ground, because by the time 6.0 hits healing's going to be pretty fucking hard in there, among other things.

ampere

Found a heroic SoO pug, did first 5 relatively smoothly, then it kinda fell apart on juggernaut since the other good tank left before we started him.

No loot, only gold!!!

Then again, I didn't exactly like killing Kovok either considering how I fed him and rode him around spewing acid and cutting down so many Mantid.
(At least I got him in Pet form!)

This! but I want to think the Kovok survived cuz his master ask for his help to escape, the same with Korven

Ultratech

I wonder if they're straight up gonig to nerf SoO into the ground, because by the time 6.0 hits healing's going to be pretty fucking hard in there, among other things.

Sort of a good question.

Made me wonder if this was part of the reasoning behind the recent extra Item Upgrade bonus.

Berordn

Sort of a good question.

Made me wonder if this was part of the reasoning behind the recent extra Item Upgrade bonus.

SoO will probably be nerfed to the ground in 6.0 because they won't be bothered to go back and make new fight mechanics for everything that's changing when it hits.

They've said before that a fight like Thok would never exist in the WoD paradigm, and we've got a fight like Thok now, so...

Did all the pre 5.4 world bosses earlier. Got double gold from all of them, but I got a primal egg from Nalak's gold bag and the turtle shell that dismounts people from a rare spawn on the way to Oondasta.

So overall, pretty good run.

Corsick

Do people just solo older content bosses for transmog gear? Just curious if there's a more simple alternative. Also, is leveling as a healing spec viable at all or would you have to level purely through dungeons if you went that route until you got to 30? I've decided that I'll slowly work on two alts now (one being a Holy Paladin) when not leveling my warrior.

Peachpies

doing old dungeons and raids is mostly for transmog, achievements, and some legendaries.
leveling as holy is possible but will be slow outside of dungeons, but once you get dualspec you can have ret for questing and then switch to holy for dungeons (and get faster queues). Really depends on prefference before then if you want to mostly do quests or just run dungeons.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do people just solo older content bosses for transmog gear? Just curious if there's a more simple alternative. Also, is leveling as a healing spec viable at all or would you have to level purely through dungeons if you went that route until you got to 30? I've decided that I'll slowly work on two alts now (one being a Holy Paladin) when not leveling my warrior.

You can always convert justice to honor and transmog pvp gear

Fjordson

I can finally solo 25 m heroic Lich King. It's actually not that difficult, just had the wrong strategy and glyphs. Time to get dat Invincible.

Milennia

Piece of shit shamans better drop some damn shit this week.

Side note, strongly considering balance druid (again. Raided ulduar with a world top 30 finish on a boomkin) after these amazing changes on paper so far.

The theorycrafting scene has been going wild over the last few days, the conversation is very interesting and everyone is excited.

strafer

Man, that's like the tenth question about soloing old content with the new item squish.

Poor Blizz, answering the same stuff over and over again

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Kael mount is such an ugly low-poly gaudy mess. I remain convinced that if it wasn't rare no one would give two shits about it.

ampere

Kael mount is such an ugly low-poly gaudy mess. I remain convinced that if it wasn't rare no one would give two shits about it.

Rarity is always a huge factor.

Imagine if the Celestial Steed was a 0.1 - 1.0% drop chance from 25 man Algalon. It'd change everything about how desirable the mount was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom