• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
I'm on Mal'Ganis. What guild are you in?

And what's your class/iLevel/etc. look like?
Vigil

You can lookup my warrior Grosbill (mind you I haven't seriously raided for 2 xpacs but I know how to play :p)

So fury warrior with 547 ilvl (which I know is low compared to when I stopped playing back in october)

Milennia

Well my bis list changes, just as i thought it would.

i now need the HWF wand from spoils, the HWF helm from immerseus and the HWF neck from norushen... ontop of the nonexistent shamans boots.

yeh.

What's the fastest way to level 88-90 now?

I tried killing the worms in Timeless Isle but kept getting PK'd and/or pulling NPCs that were way too powerful for me to handle. Also, I'm a Spriest so AOE is out.

You can go with Klaxxi quests, killing the giant elite scorpions near to gao ran assault and Dungeons missions if you left any but the worms are the best to get xp faster, just try to kite them and the npcs usually attacks you when you are fighting the worms of the northwest area so try to hit one and let them move out of of that area before doing AOE.

New to WoW (and MMOs), just made my first character on the starter edition and I'm running around doing quests, I'm at level 5 now. Are there any necessary resources for a new player, or am I good to just play and enjoy?

also, lol at the Porcupine Tree lyrics in the OP :3

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wonder how many heirlooms I can snag off Heroic Garrosh come 6.0. Would like both my 1h heirloom axes, the caster mace and the 2h axe for my DK. Bow would be nice.

Hell, if it's as up as they claim, I'd like to get everything.
New to WoW (and MMOs), just made my first character on the starter edition and I'm running around doing quests, I'm at level 5 now. Are there any necessary resources for a new player, or am I good to just play and enjoy?

Just keep playing. You don't need to worry about anything for a while other than leveling.

Peachpies

wowhead is one of the best resources if you have any questions about quest/stuff

Another one bites the dust! Completely lost track on how long I was trying to get this one

jbqRcqYGe1D45M.png

Ugh, I really have the urge to come back but I hate raiding and bgs are horrible as Alliance =\. Can't think of much to do but I still have the urge..

Fjordson

You can just play really. WoW is good with the leveling process about not overwhelming the player.

But as Peachblossom said, Wowhead is the best resource around if you do need help. If you come across a quest you're unclear about or need help finding a location, stuff like that. Almost anything you may need is searchable on Wowhead.

Just keep playing. You don't need to worry about anything for a while other than leveling.

wowhead is one of the best resources if you have any questions about quest/stuff

You can just play really. WoW is good with the leveling process about not overwhelming the player.

But as Peachblossom said, Wowhead is the best resource around if you do need help. If you come across a quest you're unclear about or need help finding a location, stuff like that. Almost anything you may need is searchable on Wowhead.

Awesome, thank you! I'm having fun, there aren't many games that my nettop (Intel Atom 1.8GHz dual-core, 2GB RAM, nVidia Ion gfx) can run. Though, I hear I might have performance issues once I get past the pre-game stuff? :) Guess I'll find out.

Today was a good day. Got TWO! legendary items.

Cloak on my Warlock, and Sulfuras on my main DK. Eye randomly dropped as I was doing my weekly rep/hopeful legendary run. Had to spend about 7k on mats to finish making the hammer, knocking out any profit for the day, but I figure it's worth it for a one-time thing like that.

I should have a pic for such a special occasion, but I'm lazy. Will post one later.

Magnus

Been thinking about coming back to the game for awhile now (just casual again), and haven't played since 5.4 first hit.

What's keeping me away is the brick wall of re-learning all the 5.4 changes to gear progression, and the possible nuisance of figuring out Add-ons again in case there have been mini patches since (and I'm sure there must have been, since September), etc.

It's the same after every break - you come back and spend 1-2 hours basically reorganizing things, finding your bearings, researching changes. I don't think I have it in me again right now. It's a real deterrent.

I just wanna hop back in and dick around on an alt. I'm over-thinking this, aren't i.

Kinda random question but there is way to import the frontal image of your character used in wow stats?

I want to use this one but I dont know how.

EDIT: found it, thought it would be transparent but have the horde logo as a background

Been thinking about coming back to the game for awhile now (just casual again), and haven't played since 5.4 first hit.

What's keeping me away is the brick wall of re-learning all the 5.4 changes to gear progression, and the possible nuisance of figuring out Add-ons again in case there have been mini patches since (and I'm sure there must have been, since September), etc.

It's the same after every break - you come back and spend 1-2 hours basically reorganizing things, finding your bearings, researching changes. I don't think I have it in me again right now. It's a real deterrent.

I just wanna hop back in and dick around on an alt. I'm over-thinking this, aren't i.
eh, these new crash course class videos tell you more than enough to get your started, if they cover your spec:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WorldofWarcraft/videos

Fjordson

Awesome, thank you! I'm having fun, there aren't many games that my nettop (Intel Atom 1.8GHz dual-core, 2GB RAM, nVidia Ion gfx) can run. Though, I hear I might have performance issues once I get past the pre-game stuff? :) Guess I'll find out.
Not necessarily. I mean the game could chug if you get into some massive raid for world bosses with like 40 people, but basically everything in this game can be done with 10 people or less these days. I play on a crappy laptop occasionally, but rarely dip below 35-40 FPS.

witness

So with the reset I was able to get my T16 gloves off one of the celestials, on a extra roll. So happy about it now that I have my 2 piece bonus on my warlock.

Then after I somehow fell into playing my paladin and dinged 86 and another half level after. I'm going to give healing a shot, will never main spec holy but I haven't tried since the BC days at 70. Bought and earned a bunch of green healing gear and I'll try it out tonight in a 5 man. Ret is still pretty damn fun to play and I will for sure stick with it though.

mclem

Last week was interesting - a bad start led to a good finish. We didn't have a full-strength raiding squad on Thursday to push practicing heroics, so we swapped to normal a bit early, and blatted through the instance very quickly, to the extent that we were done with still a (scheduled) raid-and-a-half remaining. So we dived into Flex, did a bunch of achievements, got most of the regular raiders their Glory achievement, *and* I got Kovok out of it.

Nervous about our long-term ability to field a heroic-capable raid group, though. We've just lost a hunter to work concerns, and that's putting us on a bit of a knife-edge for attendance.

Oh man I just woke up from a nightmare about having to tank Heroic Blackfuse in my cobbled together 540ish tank set.

Anyway, Invisibility Potions no joke, just sold a couple stacks at 20g a pop (so 400g a stack.) GG me for having that recipe.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I can't imagine anyone still being subscribed. The latest patch ran out of things for me to do a long time ago.

Yeah, i stopped playing once Reaper of Sould was released. Diablo 3 and Mario Kart 8 will keep me busy until the expansion come out.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This thread actually reminded me to unsub today, in fact. I haven't logged in since March.

Milennia

Just got a massive pay day from 3 weeks of sales, first thing i did was buy a tabard of the lightbringer, next is saving the rest for 6 months lol.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
People are still subscribed if they haven't run out of things to do. QED.

Yeah, but if someone has been raiding weekly since SoO came out and haven't gotten all the pieces of gear they want or killed Garrosh yet...maybe it's time to give up.

And if someone hasn't been raiding weekly, why bother starting now? It must be impossible to find a guild group at this point.

Nothing else came out during the last patch besides SoO and Timeless Isle right?

Ultratech

They made it super easy, he won't decap a solo player.

Monk tanks and Paladins had way around it prior to that change

Well, he won't decap his current target.

So realistically, he won't decap you if have aggro.

You could still have pets out, but if they grab aggro from you, then you're probably dead.

Sub ended, didnt get the challenges armor set for my mage and my shaman alt is still incomplete also want the fenix mount and the turtle mount so maybe I will resub after they release the motorcicles mounts

Fularu

Banned
They made it super easy, he won't decap a solo player.

Monk tanks and Paladins had way around it prior to that change

Nice I already have the Panther, may as well get the new version of the Raptor

I suppose the bear boss in ZA is still impossible unless you're a paladin?

Finally did my infusions with some people and got one shard off the Lich King. On my way to Shadowmourne! It's legendary week for me, clearly.

Also got a Bloodvenom Blade which goes perfectly with my transmog.

Fularu

Banned
Finally did my infusions with some people and got one shard off the Lich King. On my way to Shadowmourne! It's legendary week for me, clearly.

Also got a Bloodvenom Blade which goes perfectly with my transmog.

Clearly :p Be patient, it takes a loooonnng time (still have to do the Blood Queen and Sindragosa on my warrior :/)

ampere

Woo, got Proven Assailant on my Monk! I was having so much trouble until I remembered there's that Storm, Earth and Fire ability.... Don't shoot me I usually tank.

Fularu

Banned
Pretty sure you can nuke him down before he's an issue, depending on how bursty/geared you are.

Well after two attempts (pots and str food) he died and no I have the other version of the bear. ZA, never again! (I got the original bear shortly after the original ZA was released)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, but if someone has been raiding weekly since SoO came out and haven't gotten all the pieces of gear they want or killed Garrosh yet...maybe it's time to give up.

And if someone hasn't been raiding weekly, why bother starting now? It must be impossible to find a guild group at this point.

Nothing else came out during the last patch besides SoO and Timeless Isle right?

.23% of the playerbase had killed Heroic Garrosh in March accordingg to mmo-champ, and the only 'nerf' he's received is the recent valor upgrade. Plenty of people playing to kill him on Heroic.

Well after two attempts (pots and str food) he died and no I have the other version of the bear. ZA, never again! (I got the original bear shortly after the original ZA was released)

Why get the ugly recolor when you have the beautiful original?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess it's more homogenization or whatever, but I would really enjoy Blood tanking more if they were all death runes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom